Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-12-26, 09:46   Link #21
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think Luffy has already overcome Gear 4's weakness during his ryuo training. Otherwise he wouldn't stand much of a chance.
I don't think so... We haven't even saw Gear 4 into action once Luffy learn about Ryuo.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 11:20   Link #22
Hoodspirit

A Global popularity poll will begin when the new chapter releases on the 4th of January.
(online + postcard, online = 1 point, postcard = 10 points)
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 19:48   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Red Rock is basically Gear 3's Red Hawk.

Luffy's arrival on the roof was very reminiscent of Goku's arrival on Namek. Straight up ignores and walks past the enemies to go to his friend.

Second most impressive person in the chapter was Marco. He's handling both King and Queen.
Old 2020-12-26, 20:44   Link #24
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Awesome chapter for the milestone!

As I expected, nothing groundbreaking was revealed.

However, the re-emphasis of the comparison of Luffy's dream from Chapter 585 vs Roger's dream from Chapter 966 is very welcome. At the time Chapter 585 was serialized, I thought the only reason we didn't hear Luffy's dream was because it was the usual of becoming the Pirate King. When Chapter 966 serialized I immediately drew the connection to Luffy's hidden dream. This chapter made that connection concrete with Luffy and Roger supposedly having the same dream. Really stoked about this.

Everything else about the chapter was great as well:
  • Yamato tearing up at hearing Luffy's dream. Strong nakama signs from her.
  • Marco holding back both King AND Queen.
  • Queen's extending neck.
  • The double-age spread of the arrival of the supernovas.
  • Luffy walking straight past Big Mom AND Kaidou to go straight to Kin'emon.
  • The double page spread of the key moments of the Wano storyline from the past 200 chapters as well as an acknowledgement of the great feat of the Minks in protecting Wano.
  • And lastly, Luffy's Gear 3rd Red Roc actually causing damage to Kaidou as well as his trademark declaration at the end of the chapter.

Last edited by OH&S; 2020-12-27 at 22:47. Reason: removed incorrect Joyboy info
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 03:32   Link #25
Hoodspirit

Good chapter, but not very good.
Looks to me like Oda now knows how to use Yamato' face without making it a copy of Nami's.

Not showing all SHPs in this milestone-chapter makes it feel a bit empty tbh. It definitely had the space and opportunity to do so.
Hopefully with more shading in a better scan will make the 2/3rd sized doublespreads more impressive.
A lot of white background panels in the chapter as well.

Will re-read it when I feel more awake.

PS: who left those 30-40 metres DBZ-mountains on top of the skull?
Old 2020-12-27, 05:47   Link #26
Ramero

So, Luffy did mastered Gear 3, then? It's good to know that he's using Gear 3 without shrinking himself at the least.

For Yamato, I was thinking that she will become a part of Straw Hats Grand Fleet for sure, voluntarily joining him. Being a Nakama? Probably happens, but the best is like Vivi who joins in for temporarily.

Marco probably also start rounding up WB remnants to join SH, or as the Eight Captain of Straw Hats Grand Fleet.
Old 2020-12-27, 11:12   Link #27
Galaxian

Thinking about it, Marco needed this. Being one of first "Yonko Commanders" we see in action, and it a losing effort at Marinford at that, I feel people don't tend to regard him as highly as the likes of Katakuri and the Calamities.

Before this moment, Marco's biggest feat had been not being one-shoted by Big Mom from a few chapters ago.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 14:53   Link #28
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm sure Oda wouldn't miss the opportunity to wank Oden some more through Kaido's PTSD.
So now you’re accusing him of “wank” huh?

Do you spend too much time on 4Chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
With 1000 chapters, Luffy's declaration, and basically setting up the two sides to finally face off, everything looks cool but...

We're still in Act 3, right? Or did we finally move onto Act 4? Because if we're still in Act 3, going by kabuki tradition, the big tragedy hasn't occurred yet. Unless I missed something, of course.
Wasn’t Oden’s execution the tragedy?

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2020-12-27 at 15:44.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 15:17   Link #29
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Wasn’t Oden’s execution the tragedy?
It was a flashback, not the actual tragedy.

I was more thinking that the flag goes to several Red Scabbards and possibly Izo.
Old 2020-12-27, 15:36   Link #30
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Gear 4th was even made in quite a haste one, like around a year or so when Luffy got a hang of how to use Haki. I doubt Luffy can use 5th gear unless he reach Level 2 or awakening state.
If Luffy wants to fully mastered 4th Gear, he need to suppress the side-effect even further. Facing Yonkos, 10 minutes without Haki will be extremely difficult.
Gear 5th will be based on inflating Luffy’s nervous system and will specialize in Observation Haki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Good chapter, but not very good.
Looks to me like Oda now knows how to use Yamato' face without making it a copy of Nami's.

Not showing all SHPs in this milestone-chapter makes it feel a bit empty tbh. It definitely had the space and opportunity to do so.
Hopefully with more shading in a better scan will make the 2/3rd sized doublespreads more impressive.
A lot of white background panels in the chapter as well.

Will re-read it when I feel more awake.

PS: who left those 30-40 metres DBZ-mountains on top of the skull?
Oda doesn’t need to force panels for the sake of it. You’re opinion is invalid.

Something special will happen for 1001 anyway, probably.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 21:18   Link #31
itachi-san314

I was definitely hoping for more than a face punch and another Pirate King declaration in this one. The only part I really liked was Marco. The worst generation standing up to the emperors is cool looking, but they don't look like they stand much of a chance with these odds. I'm eager to find out though
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-28, 05:13   Link #32
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1000
That was a pretty cool chapter. Whats interesting is Marco holding down two All-stars(King & Queen). The Mythical Zoan is a proof that they are the apex of all zoan fruits. Also Marco has proven that his haki is equal or greater then their's(Queen & King) haki. At the Marineford War Garp was able to push Marco back with just one punch and leave him a bruise on his cheek.

Final Round
Seeing Jimbi battle with Who's Who and not making it up their on the roof is pathetic. Jimbi vs. Who's Who will be Zoro vs. Hodi 2.0. Jimbi is going to wipe the floor with the sad excuse for a cat. Ulti and Page One are going to have to join in the fight against Jimbi, even that won't be a fair fight.

Survivers. Haki vs. Devil Fruit
Luffy and Zoro are the stronger two in this Two way tag match. Has for Law I do not know if he will survive this fight. For Luffy I am curious to see how big of a jump in power his higher-grade Busoshoku Haki will have. He was defeated in the first round with just one shot by Kaidou. Now he can project his haki and infuse objects with it. Also he 4 th gear no longer has the weakness of shrinking him or depleting him of Haki. If this newly acquired skill he learned from Hyogoro in Undon prison is a big leap it will confirm a lot of things that I have come to observe. Haki not the devil fruit that can change and make most fighters stronger. Why do you say that? Look at great examples like Shanks and his crew. They look more haki based then any of the Yonkou crew out there. Shanks broke up his fight with Kaidou and showed up at Marineford. Two look at Gold Rogers and Rayleigh. Gold Rogers became Pirate King over all the Pirates who had Devil fruit. Another example look at Garp vs. Marco. Marco is handling King and Queen very well but he couldn't get past Vice Admiral Garp(who has no Devil fruit just Haki) at Marineford? If Luffy, Zoro, Jimbi(if Oda lets him) beats Kaidou then it will reinforce that Haki is beats devil fruit in a fight. Some of you say Luffy has a devil fruit. True but what do you think helped Luffy overcome his 4th Gear weakness? What do you think will be the difference between this battle and Luffy's first fight with Kaidou?

Kidd and Killer will lose. Why? What improvements have they made that would say they had a one up against Yonkou? Two Zoro beat Killer.

Floating Island is the worst Bad guy Idea ever
Its impressive but at the end of the day it has couple of faults. One its Kaidou's powers, If he is defeated will the cloud flames disappear? Number two Marco has proven that his Phoenix flame is superior. He rejected and pushed Prometheus back. It lets you know who was stronger between Ace's Flame Logia and Marco's Mythical Phoenix Zoan. Out of curiosity I wonder what Marco's fruit would do to the cloud flames that Kaidou has put around Onigashima? Finally Mihawk has demonstrated he can cut huge land masses at Marineford. Zoro is his apprentice has demonstrated that he can do the same. Look what he did with Pica in Dressrossa. A floating Island is Just waiting for either Marco to send it tumbling or Zoro to cut it in half.

Zoro the Power House
Finally I just want to say that Zoro is stronger then Luffy. He as been that way since Thriller Bark(when he defeated his enemy and took all of Luffy's fatigue and pain at the end and remained conscious. If you don't believe me look what Oda had done. When has Zoro battled anyone that was worthy of his true self? Was it Hodi(what a joke of a fight and first time Zoro took down the main enemy in an arch)? Maybe Pica(the fight wasn't even close)? The only one that was able to clash swords with Zoro(and it was very brief) was Admiral Fujitora (Issho). Luffy had to face off with Katakuri(Sweet Commander and Cracker) before even touching a Yonkou. Oda skips the all-stars and throws Zoro right to a Yonkou.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2020-12-28 at 05:32.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-28, 06:28   Link #33
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Epic chapter! I’m really excited about the face off between the supernovas and Emperors. How will they match up? Will Law be support akin to how the 4th hokage was using his teleportation against Madara in Naruto? Would his powers even work on the emperors?

Luffy and I believe Zoro can use Ryou, but I’m wondering if Kidd and Killer can. Excited to see Zoro be fully tested and cut Kaido with Enma, the future Pirate King’s first mate and future worlds strongest swordsman is gonna be wreaking it! And he needs to after Marco just gave us that huge flex to hold off King and Queen!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-28, 22:11   Link #34
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

btw if Yamato joins, what will be her tittle in strawhat?

Bodyguard?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 08:17   Link #35
Ramero

Straw Hat's first mate is Zoro, isn't it? Yamato can take Zoro's role as a combatant. Also, she can be laughing all day since Zoro vs Sanji can escalate (Practically since Sanji looks at Yamato as a woman.)
Old 2020-12-29, 12:07   Link #36
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I admit not keeping up with OP at all anymore but anything going up to chapter 1000 deserves praise, especially while keeping this level of quality.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 12:16   Link #37
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Straw Hat's first mate is Zoro, isn't it?
Straw Hats don't have such a hierarchy.
Old 2020-12-29, 12:36   Link #38
grecefar

I do recall zoro calling himself first mate
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 18:19   Link #39
Tuor

I think it came up around the time when Usopp left the crew and they were deciding how to handle his assumed attempt to return.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 19:07   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think anyone would dispute that Zoro is first mate... except maybe Sanji.