AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2020-12-29, 19:27   Link #41
grecefar

if there is a first mate after zoro it would be nami, sanji won't after what he did in WCI.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 19:58   Link #42
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Straw Hats don't have such a hierarchy.
Yeah, but... You need someone in command in case Luffy is away or not available to command. So I guess it's Nami, then?

What role Yamato will take if she did joins, then? I kinda doubt she will join unless Luffy accepts her.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-30, 02:34   Link #43
Itsmepatrick

Hope Oda will let Sanji fight at least Jack or better if either Queen or King will become his opponent as Zoro was already about to fight a Yonko. As he is one of the Monster Trio opponents of YC caliber should be his main opponent in this war.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-30, 08:47   Link #44
marvelB

Goodness, I would've commented on the chapter earlier, but I've been a little too caught up in holiday cheer these past few days! Surprisingly, the highlight of the chapter for me was Luffy straight-up IGNORING two emperors just to reach out to Kinemon and the Scabbards. I always did like those scenes where he shows (near) silent concern for his friends at their most desperate, such as with Nami during the Arlong arc or even Brownbeard at Punk Hazard. I guess I just appreciate how the subtlety is depicted during those moments, is all.

And yeah, it was awesome seeing Marco taking on both King and Queen solo. He didn't earn that first division commander seat for nothing, after all! But I wonder how long he can keep that up? I still wouldn't be surprised if he ended up teaming/switching with someone else partway through the battle. The Scabbards, perhaps? Since they're inside the castle now, Marco has a chance to heal them with his flames...

---------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Zoro inherited Oden's sword, and specifically trained to cut Kaido. No way he'll get paired up against Big Mom. Besides, I'm sure Oda wouldn't miss the opportunity to wank Oden some more through Kaido's PTSD.

Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido, Kid and Killer vs Big Mom. They will all work better with their crewmates. Law in the back supporting both teams.
Well, let's not forget that Kid has his own beef with Kaidou, though. Not only did he get beaten and imprisoned by the emperor, he also had to deal with his right-hand man Killer being fed a dud SMILE and forced to work as an assassin for Kaidou's business partner, Orochi. If that's not reason enough for Kid to get in at least a few licks on the King of Beasts, I dunno what is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
However, the re-emphasis of the comparison of Luffy's dream from Chapter 585 vs Roger's dream from Chapter 966 is very welcome. At the time Chapter 585 was serialized, I thought the only reason we didn't hear Luffy's dream was because it was the usual of becoming the Pirate King. When Chapter 966 serialized I immediately drew the connection to Luffy's hidden dream. This chapter made that connection concrete with Luffy and Roger supposedly having the same dream. Really stoked about this.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's excited that Oda addressed those scenes again! If I had to make a guess as to what Luffy and Roger's greatest dreams are, I'd say it's probably something associated with freedom. Luffy even told Rayleigh during the Sabaody arc that he considers the Pirate King to be the one with the most freedom in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Not showing all SHPs in this milestone-chapter makes it feel a bit empty tbh. It definitely had the space and opportunity to do so.
Do you mean in the sense of showing them in a spread? Because if so, Oda already featured the entire crew gathered together in an epic spread at the end of chapter 989. To do that again 11 chapters later would feel kinda forced and a tad redundant, IMO (yes, even it's for chapter 1000). Now, if you're talking about the crew being spread across different scenes, then yes, I would agree it's a little disappointing that not everyone was featured. But the focus is clearly meant to be on Luffy in this case, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
The worst generation standing up to the emperors is cool looking, but they don't look like they stand much of a chance with these odds. I'm eager to find out though
I don't see why they wouldn't stand a chance, as long as they work together as a unit. I mean, even the Scabbards, despite ultimately losing, were able to put up a decent fight against Kaidou (even wounding him) by fighting together as a team. I'd think that the top five supernovas, with their more varied fighting styles, would fare a lot better than the samurai by comparison. Plus, Law's presence alone guarantees they won't be lacking in tactical advantages, either.

Though, as far as the fight is concerned, I see many make mention of Luffy's Ryuuou training giving him an edge against Kaidou, but I'm more curious about something else: Is it possible that he'll fully awaken his rubber powers this time? Many people figured it would happen when he took on Katakuri, but what better chance is there for that phenomenon to occur than now, in this decisive clash against two emperors.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
When has Zoro battled anyone that was worthy of his true self? Was it Hodi(what a joke of a fight and first time Zoro took down the main enemy in an arch)? Maybe Pica(the fight wasn't even close)? The only one that was able to clash swords with Zoro(and it was very brief) was Admiral Fujitora (Issho). Luffy had to face off with Katakuri(Sweet Commander and Cracker) before even touching a Yonkou. Oda skips the all-stars and throws Zoro right to a Yonkou.
Well, as far as the bold is concerned, I think you're forgetting Zoro's brief clash with Denjirou of the Scabbards (when he was under his "Kyoushirou" alias) back in Act 2 of this arc. Dude didn't seem to break a sweat against Zoro at the time (and remember.... this was a Zoro who was freaking livid after witnessing Yasu's execution). So I wouldn't say it's just admirals and emperors who can give our green-haired friend some trouble.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-30, 19:50   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, let's not forget that Kid has his own beef with Kaidou, though. Not only did he get beaten and imprisoned by the emperor, he also had to deal with his right-hand man Killer being fed a dud SMILE and forced to work as an assassin for Kaidou's business partner, Orochi. If that's not reason enough for Kid to get in at least a few licks on the King of Beasts, I dunno what is!
Wasn't Kid gathering all the metal from the castle to take on Big Mom specifically? And he had a huge beef with Apoo too, and look what happened.

It would be cool if the Supernovas fully cooperated against both Emperors though.
Old 2020-12-31, 04:38   Link #46
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Wasn't Kid gathering all the metal from the castle to take on Big Mom specifically? And he had a huge beef with Apoo too, and look what happened.

It would be cool if the Supernovas fully cooperated against both Emperors though.
Nah Kidd's target was Kaido due to the humiliation he suffered due to his defeat plus there's the issue of Kid suffering from smile so his hatred to Kaido was immense. But given the circumstances they are in right now, Kidd and Killer will be forced to be the one to confront Big mom otherwise Big mom will just run amok and strike then freely. But if Drake and maybe Hawkins add in to the mix they will be a great help in stalling Big mom.
Old 2020-12-31, 07:26   Link #47
The Small One

Actually I'm disappointed, that it's a five vs. two.
Whoever is going to become the next pirate king (regardless of it beeing Luffy or one of the other supernovas) has to surpass the Yonkou. So the one in question should be able to beat one of them on his own. Especially considering the Supernovas are still young and in their prime, while BM and Kaido are clearly in an age where they are getting weaker.
So having them work together diminshes the impact of the victory (I guess we can take for granted, that they are going to win, at least).
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-31, 08:00   Link #48
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I wonder about that.

Keep in mind, and as I've questioned before... what does being King of the Pirates really mean? Sure, it's heavily implied they're the strongest pirate on the seas but... well, to Luffy it implies having absolute freedom in the world. On top of that, we've already seen that there was a time when even Roger wasn't the strongest- while it was also before his prime, he did have to team up with Garp in order to defeat Rocks- hopefully we'll learn more about the God Valley Incident in the upcoming chapters.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-31, 19:15   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A lot of people think Luffy and Roger said they're going to become immortal, but I don't think that's it. I recall Rayleigh having a flashback where Roger pretty much told him that already (I think he said he wouldn't die), a goal he achieved through his public execution and his declaration.
Old 2020-12-31, 21:22   Link #50
grecefar

If you live in the memory of people forever is kind of being inmortal, there is a saying that you are not truly dead until you are completely forgotten.
Old 2020-12-31, 21:41   Link #51
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, as far as the bold is concerned, I think you're forgetting Zoro's brief clash with Denjirou of the Scabbards (when he was under his "Kyoushirou" alias) back in Act 2 of this arc. Dude didn't seem to break a sweat against Zoro at the time (and remember.... this was a Zoro who was freaking livid after witnessing Yasu's execution). So I wouldn't say it's just admirals and emperors who can give our green-haired friend some trouble.....
True Power
Can Denjirou wield enma(Oden Sword)? We have yet to see Zoro full strength and see him actually try. We have seen Denjirou’s. He couldn’t even open Kaidou’s old wound with the combine attack of the Scabbards.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-31, 23:14   Link #52
Galaxian

Quote:
A lot of people think Luffy and Roger said they're going to become immortal, but I don't think that's it. I recall Rayleigh having a flashback where Roger pretty much told him that already (I think he said he wouldn't die), a goal he achieved through his public execution and his declaration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
If you live in the memory of people forever is kind of being inmortal, there is a saying that you are not truly dead until you are completely forgotten.
Dr. Hiriluk said it back in Chopper's flashback. A man only truly dies when he is forgotten.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-01, 06:27   Link #53
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
True Power
Can Denjirou wield enma(Oden Sword)? We have yet to see Zoro full strength and see him actually try. We have seen Denjirou’s. He couldn’t even open Kaidou’s old wound with the combine attack of the Scabbards.
Highly doubt he was capable of wielding Enma. For now aside from Oden ,Zoro was the only one capable of wielding Enma. We'll see in the next few chapters if Zoro was capable of at least reopening the old wounds of Kaido.

Drake should go to the roof and join Luffy's side since the only thing he is doing right now was guarding Chopper.
Old 2021-01-01, 07:41   Link #54
Ramero

Drake needs to guard Chopper until he can administer the cure.
Old 2021-01-01, 12:50   Link #55
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Dr. Hiriluk said it back in Chopper's flashback. A man only truly dies when he is forgotten.
Ohhh so it was him I knew I hear it somewhere what I didn’t recall that it was him.
Old 2021-01-02, 06:48   Link #56
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Drake needs to guard Chopper until he can administer the cure.
Even Robin and Brook already leave Choppers side as they are unneeded there. So far the only threat remaining in Choppers location were some dregs and some smile users which the Hyogoro, Yakuza bosses and the samurais should be able to handle . Queen was already occupied with Marco, The Robbi Roppo's were also occupied with their respective opponents so for me Drake will be more helpful if he goes on the rooftop. He can help in stalling Big mom .
Old 2021-01-02, 18:22   Link #57
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
Even Robin and Brook already leave Choppers side as they are unneeded there. So far the only threat remaining in Choppers location were some dregs and some smile users which the Hyogoro, Yakuza bosses and the samurais should be able to handle . Queen was already occupied with Marco, The Robbi Roppo's were also occupied with their respective opponents so for me Drake will be more helpful if he goes on the rooftop. He can help in stalling Big mom .
We don't know what happened to Apoo, though. Who knows if he can get enough time or power to slip through Hyogoro and Yakuza's bosses to seize or destroy the cure. I don't think Apoo is out of action even Zoro did slash him, though.
Old 2021-01-02, 19:28   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
We don't know what happened to Apoo, though. Who knows if he can get enough time or power to slip through Hyogoro and Yakuza's bosses to seize or destroy the cure. I don't think Apoo is out of action even Zoro did slash him, though.
We know. Drake took him down. I don't think he's going to get up a third time, he's not one of the protagonists

There are still characters with no definite opponents, like Ulti, Paypay, and Hawkins. Orochi should still be lurking in the shadows too.
Old 2021-01-02, 20:43   Link #59
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
We know. Drake took him down. I don't think he's going to get up a third time, he's not one of the protagonists

There are still characters with no definite opponents, like Ulti, Paypay, and Hawkins. Orochi should still be lurking in the shadows too.
I have a hunch Tama will use her power against the smile fruit users then she'll use it to stall Ulti and Pageone with the help of Usopp and Nami. Hawkins in my opinion will decide his move based on his Card Reading but I'll bet he'll join later to help stall Big mom . If Nami and Usopp won't fight Ulti and Pageone I think they'll fight the remaining Numbers 1,2 and 3.

I'm more interested to who will be Yamato's opponent. I wonder if she'll join in the fight against Kaido.
Old 2021-01-03, 12:33   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
I have a hunch Tama will use her power against the smile fruit users then she'll use it to stall Ulti and Pageone with the help of Usopp and Nami. Hawkins in my opinion will decide his move based on his Card Reading but I'll bet he'll join later to help stall Big mom . If Nami and Usopp won't fight Ulti and Pageone I think they'll fight the remaining Numbers 1,2 and 3.

I'm more interested to who will be Yamato's opponent. I wonder if she'll join in the fight against Kaido.
I'm pretty sure Yamato will fight, not so much against Kaido, but to protect Momonosuke. Maybe Orochi will be her opponent?