AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-01-26, 10:28   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1002 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hello again, folks! It's that time once again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Yonkou vs. New Generation". Splash features Lucci.

-The clash between supernovas and emperors continues! Both sides reveal some new tricks up their sleeves, with Kaidou even acknowledging that his opponents did their homework on him in regards to his tough skin. Something particularly interesting to note is that while fighting with Zoro, Kaidou can sense Oden's aura emanating from within Enma....

-As the battle continues, Big Mom unleashes a powerful thunder attack with Zeus! As these bolts rain down on the supernovas, they discover the attacks aren't easily dodged, as this is sentient, soul-powered lightning! The Worst Gen pirates all get zapped..... but Luffy alone is unaffected since he has a rubber body, which surprises Big Mom. Kaidou follows up by firing another Boro Breath at the rubber man, but it looks like that doesn't work on our hero, either! When asked why fire was also ineffective, Luffy simply answers it's because he's THAT tough! He then counters the emperor with a Kong Gatling.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-01-28 at 11:21.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 10:44   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Luffy already experiences the power of the Thunder God that was far more lethal than Prometheus (If you know who he is), and he knew he will be immune to it.

Still, it recalls me the situation at Sabaody Archipelago where three of them are together to cause some fuss.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 18:03   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since it's all action, not much to discuss until the chapter comes out.
Old 2021-01-26, 22:04   Link #4
grecefar

Enel face on big mom after that thunder?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-27, 08:34   Link #5
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
The volts are not mentioned, I guess. But I assume that Enel is stronger than prometheus, not to mention Enel can exploit Prometheus for his advantage like how Nami does.
Old 2021-01-28, 09:37   Link #6
Itsmepatrick

Big moms lightning attack was cool since its too hard to dodge since there are souls attached to it.
But well I hope next chapter will focused more on Sanji,Marco and others
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-28, 11:34   Link #7
marvelB

Okay, updated the OP a bit! Heh, poor "Torao", constantly being made to look like the Straw-Hat's underling! And man, Luffy's just gonna start tanking everything thrown at him, huh? Still, I also have to say I'd very much like an update on the other battles before long (particularly Franky vs. Sasaki). Gotta give the rest of the crew their moments to shine in this war, y'know?
Old 2021-01-29, 17:59   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kaidou was pretty much used as a punching bag in this chapter. Everyone's focusing on him while Big Mom is chilling in the sky and spamming attacks.

Shame Zoro's attack missed, because it feels like it would have done some damage.
Old 2021-01-29, 19:06   Link #9
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1002
Very surprising how this battle is unfolding. I am not impressed with Law, Killer, and Kidd. Right now Luffy and Zoro are the big improvements and carrying the rest of the Supernovas. Seeing Zoro deflect Kaidou's moves like its nothing is no surprise. But what surprises me Big Mama telling Kaidou to dodge Zoro's one style sword attack.

Conclusion

-Kidd and Killer will not survive this battle. There performance is lacking and they are not prepared. Law has a chance to survive this because of his devil fruit. This will be a close one for Law. Jimbi will have to show up to replace these sorry excuse for Luffy and Zoro's peers.

-Has for Marco vs. Queen and King, Marco will win has long has his Haki is stronger or equal. His Mystical Zoan gives him the edge over the ancient Zoan.

-Jimbi vs. Who's who will be a sad and pathetic fight. I won't be surprised if Oda does a quick fight for this one. Waste of time match up but sounds like it would be over kill if Jinbi, Luffy, and Zoro were fighting Kaidou and Big Mama. I won't be surprised if he knows how to use Advance armor haki like Luffy. Scratch that I am betting he knows it already.

-Has for Sanji, Nami, and Ussope. It would be interesting if they lose. Not because I want them too but to see a huge power gap between the New Monster Trio and the three weakling trio. Also I wonder if jealousy, anger, feeling of uselessness will cause friction between the Straw Hat crew. Sanji needs to fall before he becomes strong. He has been riding on the coat tails of Luffy and Zoro for some time now. Has for my prediction I think Sanji will lose. His performance even with the flying six has been bad.

-Franky vs. Sasaki Franky Franky will win. But it will be a close match and a good fight.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 19:35   Link #10
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 1002
Very surprising how this battle is unfolding. I am not impressed with Law, Killer, and Kidd. Right now Luffy and Zoro are the big improvements and carrying the rest of the Supernovas. Seeing Zoro deflect Kaidou's moves like its nothing is no surprise. But what surprises me Big Mama telling Kaidou to dodge Zoro's one style sword attack.

Conclusion

-Kidd and Killer will not survive this battle. There performance is lacking and they are not prepared. Law has a chance to survive this because of his devil fruit. This will be a close one for Law. Jimbi will have to show up to replace these sorry excuse for Luffy and Zoro's peers.

-Has for Marco vs. Queen and King, Marco will win has long has his Haki is stronger or equal. His Mystical Zoan gives him the edge over the ancient Zoan.

-Jimbi vs. Who's who will be a sad and pathetic fight. I won't be surprised if Oda does a quick fight for this one. Waste of time match up but sounds like it would be over kill if Jinbi, Luffy, and Zoro were fighting Kaidou and Big Mama. I won't be surprised if he knows how to use Advance armor haki like Luffy. Scratch that I am betting he knows it already.

-Has for Sanji, Nami, and Ussope. It would be interesting if they lose. Not because I want them too but to see a huge power gap between the New Monster Trio and the three weakling trio. Also I wonder if jealousy, anger, feeling of uselessness will cause friction between the Straw Hat crew. Sanji needs to fall before he becomes strong. He has been riding on the coat tails of Luffy and Zoro for some time now. Has for my prediction I think Sanji will lose. His performance even with the flying six has been bad.

-Franky vs. Sasaki Franky Franky will win. But it will be a close match and a good fight.
I already expect Sanji will be lost since his opponent is a group of weird girls. His doctrine already states that he will lose or he needs to swap with another one. It will be just like at the Eines Lobby again where Sanji was defeated by Kalifa, but he can defeat Jabura. Sanji must break the oath, unless Oda intends to keep Sanji maintain his doctrine at all times.

This will be likely going for a stalemate, since we haven't entered Chapter 4 or Act 4 at Wano. Both sides will be most likely withdraw, recuperate and another major battle will rages on again.
Old 2021-01-30, 21:33   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well if there was any confusion to Zoro’s power level, this chapter pretty much told us where he’s at .

Also with Big Mom zapping the crap out of everyone, it looks like we are gonna get a Luffy vs Big Mom. Maybe Killer can help Luffy when big Mom uses her sword. Zoro and the others can take on Kaido, and I absolutely can’t wait to see Zoro land a big hit on him.

Last edited by Tommy; 2021-01-30 at 21:58.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 12:24   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The panel for Killer's attack is confusing. It looks like his blades went right through Kaido but he received no damage.
Old 2021-01-31, 14:28   Link #13
grecefar

Zoro looked like a mega star in this chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 18:21   Link #14
Orochiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The panel for Killer's attack is confusing. It looks like his blades went right through Kaido but he received no damage.
I thought it was supposed to be a sound based attack that damaged Kaidos insides through his scales or something.
Orochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 23:46   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
I thought it was supposed to be a sound based attack that damaged Kaidos insides through his scales or something.
Yea it looked to me like sound waves shaped like swords

And Luffy's guts are now confirmed to be stronger than a mountain
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 14:28   Link #16
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Did Kaido dodge Zoro's attack or did Zoro miss since he still can't control it perfectly yet?
Old 2021-02-02, 08:56   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
Yeah, that makes sense since the attack even has "Sonic" in its name. Still, it's kinda ironic to think that Killer would have a more effective sound-based attack than Apoo, who has a literal sound-based DF power (yet can be easily blocked by simply covering your ears ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Did Kaido dodge Zoro's attack or did Zoro miss since he still can't control it perfectly yet?
Why not both? I mean, in Kaidou's case, Big Mom warned him beforehand, and we already knew Zoro had some trouble taming Enma when he first received it.
Old 2021-02-03, 18:40   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Maybe. Though there doesn’t seem to be anything in the scans for such.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote