AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-03-30, 10:32   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1009 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this! Spoilers come courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Hell". Splash is a color page.

-Kinemon's group have a run-in with Orochi! The shogun, confident that he can take them down in their current half-recovered states, transforms into mythical Zoan form and attacks the samurai! However, Oden's vassals team up to slice off ALL his heads at once!!! After dealing with Orochi, most of the Scabbards leave..... except for Raizou, who contends with his rival, Fukurokuju.

-Meanwhile, back on the roof, as the supernovas face the emperors, Kid asks Law if he can warp one of their enemies away with his ability. The surgeon replies that he tried, but their powerful haki prevents that from happening. The emperors strike at them together, with a powerful combo attack called Hakai (something like "Ocean Conquest"), which Zoro partly blocks, grievously wounding him! Thankfully, Law warps him away from the brunt of the attack. Luffy continues battling Kaidou, but receives some nasty counterattacks during the bout (such as a beam)! However, the Worst Gen pirates aren't without a plan of attack: Law and Kid work together to seal Zeus inside a metal box using Shambles (aka Chambres in the official TL). Zoro slices apart Prometheus, while Killer takes care of Napoleon. Though she's been stripped of her three strongest homies, Big Mom easily tanks Kid's next attack, and pins him to the ground with her fist! But this is also a part of the supernovas' plan, as Kid sends her flying in the air, followed by Law launching a huge rock at her! The combined attacks knocks her off Onigashima and sends her plunging into the ocean.....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-04-01 at 07:06.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 12:19   Link #2
grecefar

That was the best plan, to separate them. Fight both of them together was too hard and now maybe some other can join the fight.

I still can't believe luffy beating kaidou by himself or even with zoro.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 14:19   Link #3
marvelB

Whoops, had a brain fart and typed in Zeus twice! It's fixed now, though.

Anyway, I see it's becoming something of a pattern for Big Mom to get knocked into the sea, heh. It looks like she won't have her homies to bail her out either, so who can? Perospero is probably busy fighting alongside/against Marco right now, and just about all of Kaidou's executives are preoccupied, as well. And I really see no reason for CP0 to help her, either (the boss already made it pretty clear he'd rather the pirates destroy each other). Also, should Linlin be saved from the deep, will she end up with amnesia again....?
Old 2021-03-30, 17:03   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Knocking Big Mom out into the sea was a pretty damn good plan. And really the only way they could separate the two Emperors with the limited manpower they have.

Welp, we know where Zeus will be going.
Old 2021-03-31, 01:43   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh my gosh... This is twice that Big Mom was thrown into the ocean, isn't it? That's quite humiliating for a Yonko to be thrown into the sea twice.

I do hope Zeus was taken to Nami once again. I do love to see him being Nami's slave more than anything else.

This makes me curious as we only see Smoothie as Sweet Commander that appeared in the battle, while I expect Katakuri will appear as a Wild Card.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 04:31   Link #6
Kaz_

It is nice to know that Law has a limitation to his godlike ability as in haki counter. Also in before some flying guy rescues Big Mom.
And damn, Orochi makes Spandam look strong...

Last edited by Kaz_; 2021-04-01 at 11:40.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 07:36   Link #7
marvelB

Summary updated! Boy, the Scabbards wasted no time on Orochi. I think he'll recover again, though (maybe by regrowing the heads he lost?). Sadly, I won't be surprised if Raizou vs. Fuku gets offscreened.... but I hope we get to see at least some of that battle. I found that scroll technique Raizou used against Kaidou a while back (which may or may not be a DF power) to be pretty cool, after all.

And damn, Zoro just got the worst injury he's received since the timeskip this chapter. He probably would've been finished if Law didn't save him. And yet, he still had the strength to bisect Prometheus like that....wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Oh my gosh... This is twice that Big Mom was thrown into the ocean, isn't it? That's quite humiliating for a Yonko to be thrown into the sea twice.
Think it's three times by my count! There was Jinbei knocking her off the Sunny at WCI, King knocking her down the falls earlier this arc, and now this chapter's events. At least she showed she's a force to be reckoned with even without her homies (though she already proved that when she beat up Queen during her amnesiac phase, heh). Anyway, as I said earlier, if someone's going to step up and save her from tumbling into the ocean again, I'm really not sure who it's gonna be since the most likely parties are preoccupied in some way. Unless it's Kaidou who saves her? He himself can fly, after all.....
Old 2021-04-01, 08:06   Link #8
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And damn, Zoro just got the worst injury he's received since the timeskip this chapter. He probably would've been finished if Law didn't save him. And yet, he still had the strength to bisect Prometheus like that....wow.
If it was the worst injury from the start, I must say the worst is injury from Kuma at Thriller Bark. But yeah, this is, so far, the worst injury that Zoro receives so far.

Quote:
Think it's three times by my count! There was Jinbei knocking her off the Sunny at WCI, King knocking her down the falls earlier this arc, and now this chapter's events. At least she showed she's a force to be reckoned with even without her homies (though she already proved that when she beat up Queen during her amnesiac phase, heh). Anyway, as I said earlier, if someone's going to step up and save her from tumbling into the ocean again, I'm really not sure who it's gonna be since the most likely parties are preoccupied in some way. Unless it's Kaidou who saves her? He himself can fly, after all.....
Well... If counted for this arc only, that makes twice. Though it's surprising that Law is the one that send Big Mom flying, while I expect it will be Luffy.

If Big Mom was thrown into the ocean and didn't splash into the ocean. Well... We might be able to see Katakuri making a cushion for Big Mom. But then again, it's quite humiliating to be thrown into the ocean by the opponent.
Old 2021-04-01, 18:19   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
If Kaidou saves her, the good guys are completely screwed so that's not going to happen. You know what would be absolutely awesome? For her to actually crash into the sea and drown. We've always been told the sea is deadly for DF users but how many times have we seen one of them die by drowning? I think I'd hit close to the mark if I said none.

Of course I know that's never going to happen. She'll just get rescued by her children, who will just so happen to be close to where she crashes.
Old 2021-04-02, 12:20   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Knocking Big Mom out into the sea was a pretty damn good plan. And really the only way they could separate the two Emperors with the limited manpower they have.

Welp, we know where Zeus will be going.
Nami's secret compartment! Translation: down her cleavage. ^_^

But damn, I like that the Akazaya were like lowkey "screw you" regarding Orochi and just cut him down without a moment's hesitation. I well and truly expect Raizou to be coming out on top against Fukurokuju; that's a score that has to be settled between them.
But is anyone expecting Moria to be the one who 'accidentally' saves Big Mom this time? It wouldn't surprise me, but I really doubt the shallot-shaped man will want to waste any time on her except to snag her shadow and then make a beeline straight for Kaido.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 14:29   Link #11
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If Kaidou saves her, the good guys are completely screwed so that's not going to happen. You know what would be absolutely awesome? For her to actually crash into the sea and drown. We've always been told the sea is deadly for DF users but how many times have we seen one of them die by drowning? I think I'd hit close to the mark if I said none.

Of course I know that's never going to happen. She'll just get rescued by her children, who will just so happen to be close to where she crashes.
^I also think it would be awesome if she drowns, that would be a huge plot twist and no-one will expect it to happen(crossing fingers).

On another topic, I am really glad Zoro survived that attack, I would've been quite frustrated if he was knocked out and left out of the fight from this moment onwards. Also it was fun to see how Luffy laughed at Kaido for dodging his attack
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 14:58   Link #12
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^I also think it would be awesome if she drowns, that would be a huge plot twist and no-one will expect it to happen(crossing fingers).

On another topic, I am really glad Zoro survived that attack, I would've been quite frustrated if he was knocked out and left out of the fight from this moment onwards. Also it was fun to see how Luffy laughed at Kaido for dodging his attack
That would be a lousy twist, like “Snoke getting axed off in Last Jedi” bad and completely waste the whole plot of her connection to Elbaf, Mother Caramel, Strusen and her backstory.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-02, 20:50   Link #13
Rainbowman

Highlights for this chapter: The word Hakai being used. I’ve heard that word being said by Beerus and the other Destroyers from Dragonball Super. Also Big Mom’s humiliating defeat by being sent flying and getting the Gruntilda treatment.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 08:09   Link #14
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
She is still in mid-air. A lot may happen before she actually reaches the ocean, and she will probably be saved on her way down.
(Actually, the falling itself should be deadly from this height)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 08:53   Link #15
tsunade666

big mom still got her crew around right? I can't remember what happened to them because its been some time but she would probably be saved by them or by someone.
Old 2021-04-03, 16:20   Link #16
necrolyte

We all know that someone will save her but it would be really fun if she just splashes to the ocean floor. It is not necessary to die just to stay there until the aliance defeat Kaido.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 07:17   Link #17
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
She is still in mid-air. A lot may happen before she actually reaches the ocean, and she will probably be saved on her way down.
(Actually, the falling itself should be deadly from this height)
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
We all know that someone will save her but it would be really fun if she just splashes to the ocean floor. It is not necessary to die just to stay there until the aliance defeat Kaido.
I'm expecting Katakuri's appearance to save Big Mom, though. He's one of the most respectable opponents as far as I've seen. It's kinda weird only Smoothie that was deployed as a Sweet Commander.

Cracker? Maybe town arrest to guard the Whole Cake Islands.
Old 2021-04-04, 14:20   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder if Kaido could transform into his Dragon form and save Big Mom? Or if he even would for that matter lol. With Zoro’s impressive feats this battle I almost think that Sanji has to go help Marco at this point and square off against Queen.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 18:09   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I wonder if Kaido could transform into his Dragon form and save Big Mom? Or if he even would for that matter lol. With Zoro’s impressive feats this battle I almost think that Sanji has to go help Marco at this point and square off against Queen.
He doesn't even need to transform. He can just make a cloud pop up like the ones lifting up the island.
Old 2021-04-04, 18:12   Link #20
itachi-san314

My first thought was one of Big Mom's children saving her, but she might just go under and be out of the fight for a while. She lost her memory the last time this happened, but drowning didn't seem to be an issue. Not saying that she can't drown but it's Big Mom after all. She can probably hold her breath like a whale
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote