AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-11-30, 13:16   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1034 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's get down to business! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Sanji vs. Queen". Splash features Usopp.

-We learn the name of the geisha that Sanji allegedly attacked, which is Osome. While the other women are fleeing, she's searching for her pet, a mouse named Chuji. Meanwhile, outside the castle, it turns out Momo discovered another method to stopping Onigashima's descent; he takes hold of the flame clouds created by Kaidou, and pulls at them.

-Back to Sanji vs. Queen, the all-star reveals something shocking during battle: He can use ALL of Germa's abilities, including INVISIBILITY!!! This is why he wanted Sanji to wear the suit earlier.... to prove that his scientific prowess is superior to Judge's. However, when Queen vanishes, so does Sanji.... except the cook isn't using invisibility, but super speed. Suddenly, Osome enters the battlefield, as she continues looking for her mouse. We discover that after Komurasaki's (aka Hiyori's) "death", Osome became Queen's new favorite geisha. He had requested her services several times before, but she rejected him every time.... which was why he attacked her earlier. And now he prepares to assault the woman again.....

-....Which Sanji does not take kindly to at all! Using a combination of strength + super speed + his exoskeleton + armament haki, he strikes the all-star with a new variant of Diable Jambe, known as Ifrit Jambe (kanji is "魔神風" which translates to something like Demon God Wind). The cook then proceeds to thrash his opponent with a series of powerful attacks, which end with him hammering the all-star with Beef Burst....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-12-02 at 13:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-30, 13:22   Link #2
marvelB

Queen with invisibility.... well, looks like it didn't take long for Oda to reveal who REALLY attacked the Geisha a few chapters back, heh.
Old 2021-11-30, 18:02   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Queen with invisibility.... well, looks like it didn't take long for Oda to reveal who REALLY attacked the Geisha a few chapters back, heh.
Everyone (well, not everyone, which kind of baffles me) knew Sanji couldn't have done it, so no point in drawing this out.
Old 2021-12-01, 09:51   Link #4
Hoodspirit

With all these abilities, you kind of have to wonder why Queen resorted to a simple headbutt in Udon.
Also poor Jack who never got a named attack.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-02, 14:02   Link #5
marvelB

Summary updated! Hm, if Queen can copy all of Germa's techniques without a suit, I wonder if that means the same could apply to Sanji, as well? At the very least, he was kinda able to become "invisible" just by using his speed, but maybe he's now capable of pulling it off in the "proper" fashion? Then he won't have to give up on his sick dreams of becoming a peeping Tom!
Old 2021-12-03, 00:38   Link #6
Galaxian

Invisible Queen being surprised that he can't see Sanji made me laugh way too much.

Also, Sanji seemingly generating lightning with his Ifrit Jambe is giving me some serious Fairy Tail vibes.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-03, 07:54   Link #7
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Everyone (well, not everyone, which kind of baffles me) knew Sanji couldn't have done it, so no point in drawing this out.
Hey, in my defence, I was open to the possibility that it was a misunderstanding as it still doesn't take away from Sanji's moment. I just wasn't given a plausible explanation of what could have happened.

How was I supposed to know Queen could turn invisible!?

With all that said, the order of events for the incident makes no sense. The chapter strongly implies that Queen turned invisible to hurt Osome; but that's weird.

Sanji was running away from Queen and then ran into Osome. We're to assume that:
  1. Queen turned invisible and caught up to Sanji without him knowing.
  2. Attacked only Osome and not Sanji.
  3. Then lost track of both of them until Sanji came out of the pleasure hall.
Even though Queen was waiting for Sanji to don the raid suit before revealing his Germa powers as stated in this chapter.

It makes no sense.
Old 2021-12-03, 08:35   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, the explanation could have been better. What Queen says even contradicts this (thinking Osome was bedridden because of a migraine), but it might be a translation issue.

Sanji really has gotten some serious power-up. He didn't seem to have taken that much damage despite all the attacks he received, and he utterly destroyed Queen at the end.
Old 2021-12-03, 17:22   Link #9
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, he focused on the Sanji vs Queen, and the latter does have a lot of repertoire, although Sanji is already superior but will he have already won or will the fight continue? , I would like Sanji to wake up Haoshoku Haki too, we will wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 06:15   Link #10
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, the explanation could have been better. What Queen says even contradicts this (thinking Osome was bedridden because of a migraine), but it might be a translation issue.
Its probably going to backfire on me but I'm still going to believe that it was Sanji who hit Osome until its explicitly confirmed that Queen did it in the next chapter rather than Sanji's inference and Queen's contradictory words; unless the official translation makes it clear...

There's just so much story potential regarding Sanji here.
Old 2021-12-04, 12:28   Link #11
itachi-san314

I hope that was the finishing blow on Queen. I like his character, but I'd really like to move on to King and Kaido and I doubt Queen has much more up his sleeve.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-04, 13:54   Link #12
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Its probably going to backfire on me but I'm still going to believe that it was Sanji who hit Osome until its explicitly confirmed that Queen did it in the next chapter rather than Sanji's inference and Queen's contradictory words; unless the official translation makes it clear...

There's just so much story potential regarding Sanji here.
I'm waiting for the official translations, but yeah I still have my doubts since it just seems to be Sanji assuming Queen was the one who struck her at the moment.
Old 2021-12-05, 13:20   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm waiting for the official translations, but yeah I still have my doubts since it just seems to be Sanji assuming Queen was the one who struck her at the moment.
That scene didn't make much sense to me. Wasn't Sanji far from Queen when the girl got hit? Also, if Queen "snuck up" on them, he still has that huge body regardless of being invisible, so you'd think he'd bump into something and we still don't know how he got amnesia right?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-05, 18:00   Link #14
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Ah geez, the official translation of Queen's inner thoughts make it much more apparent that he attacked Osome.
Old 2021-12-09, 00:37   Link #15
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Ah geez, the official translation of Queen's inner thoughts make it much more apparent that he attacked Osome.
I saw. I guess even Oda's writing can have issues...

Speaking of which, apparently the latest volume me a change in apiece of dialogue. When Sanji tells Zoro that his body has been feeling weird after using the Raid Suit, the volume changes it to the suit's third use instead of the second like the chapter said. Meaning that Sanji's change started happening after his clash with King... In other words, Lunarian Sanji theories are back on in full force!
Old 2021-12-13, 22:20   Link #16
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 1034 Oda's monster trio is his Little Bighorn
Why is that? Look at the writing. Sanji's battle is literally trash and hollow. You can tell by the forums confusion and questions covering Sanji vs. Queens chapters. Oda should have let Jimbi take the stage against one of the all Stars not Sanji. If Sanji was relegated to the back to be built up better later the that would have been nice. There is nothing wrong with failing, it just means if you succeed your victory has more value and meaning. People say Sanji has to be part of the monster trio. But lets think about this Sanji is a cook. Luffy, Zoro, and Jimbi are brawlers. What about Jimbi? He is a Helmsman. He was also a former captain of the Sun Pirates and ex Shichibukai. Jimbi is was perfect individual to take on Queen. Sanji vs. Queen was just shit writing. If Oda had a gut feeling this was bad he ignored it.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 18:12   Link #17
Rainbowman

The battle with Sanji vs Queen was really something. Queen using all of Germa's abilities and Sanji's flaming kicks are this chapter's highlights.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote