AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 03:36   Link #2921
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, then, i dont need to find +Armor on AH...
Guess time to buff my DPS then...
From 40k to 200k... That is still a long long way to go... And a lot of gold involved...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 04:01   Link #2922
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sorry guys, I tried, but in each and every segment of Kulle's dungeon, I encountered, in places where I COULDN'T run away (single long hallways) elites with Waller, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted, and either Cold Enchanted or Molten, two of which actually spawned RIGHT AT THE CHECKPOINT.

And I did this with three different tries. I'm officially too broke to repair my monk's stuff now, and I can't advance through Act 2, and I'm frustrated as heck.

I give up. I'll just level my wizard for a while.
What is your DPS btw?
You'll at least need 15k to get through Belial's enrage timer, and probably Kulle as well.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:32   Link #2923
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My DPS is at least that much, fully buffed though. It's all moot, as I can't even unlock the portal to the Shadow Realm. Ugh.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:33   Link #2924
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Found my fourth "Legendary", or what they should call Fool's Gold. In my personal opinion, they really need to reconsider their stance on the potency of Legendaries, or at least give them unique properties for use in thematic fun builds.

It just seems wrong to mouse over a Legendary item and go, "Meh." The only Legendaries, or Legendary rather, I have ever used was a Lvl-08 Monk Fist because it had a socket, so I socketed a Flawless Square Ruby into it and LOL-PWNed everything from Normal to Nightmare.

Lvl-60 Legendaries need serious re-tweaking. Otherwise their only use seems to be becoming "Collector Items". I will be putting up this Hellrack on the RMAH and see what I can get from it. At the very least, whatever I earn from it, I can use the money to get better gear.

Natch.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:34   Link #2925
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
My DPS is at least that much, fully buffed though. It's all moot, as I can't even unlock the portal to the Shadow Realm. Ugh.
What skills and passives are you using?

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-26, 05:07   Link #2926
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
What skills and passives are you using?

Cheers.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gQj!cXU!cZbacb

I'd like to use Conviction, but I'm since my native All Resists is still at 598, I'm relying on In Time of Need to boost things, since I don't have the cash to replace one ring and pants yet.
Old 2012-06-26, 05:15   Link #2927
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:

I'd like to use Conviction, but I'm since my native All Resists is still at 598, I'm relying on In Time of Need to boost things, since I don't have the cash to replace one ring and pants yet.
Dump Chant of Resonance for Transcendence or Resolve. The longer mantra and the spirit gained isn't going to help you in the fights that matter.

I'd also take the ascension rune for serenity in your case. If you are getting killed quickly, that extra second of invincibility will allow you to survive more. You don't have enough reduction yet to take advantage of the heal.

If still no go, then ditch sweeping wind for seven sided strike. This again keeps you safer. Blind is nice too.

And of course, I still recommend Manta of Evasion with hard target. ToN still hasn't benefited me more with 800 resists; I assume it starts kicking in around 1000. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 05:24   Link #2928
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

I didn't change any of the skills, since I assume that is what you are comfortable with, but I did change some of the runes and one of your passives.

Have a look.

The thing about being a Monk, is that you are going to be in the thick of things, and as such, until you are sufficiently geared, you need to place some emphasis on defensive skills/passives.

I switched Serenity's rune to Ascension because so long as you have some decent LoH, you can use that 4s of immunity to leech back your health, or pop Breath of Heaven or a Mythical Health Potion.

Mystic Ally: Earth gives you a pocket tank and more HP. Its taunt gives you more breathing space by dividing the attention of your enemies.

Resolve is amazing for reducing incoming damage. Give it a try. Don't be fooled by its low-level status.

For comparison purposes, this is the build I am using now to farm the Black Soulstone quest.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:37   Link #2929
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I gave both Skane and Archon's suggestions a whirl before the update. With Archon's suggestion I do fine until I hit an elite mob. Then I die faster because of lower resists, and I no longer have steady Spirit to fuel my healing. I guess I got spoiled by Chant of Resonance. ^^;

Skane's tweaks to my existing build made me live longer, however the challenge now turns into trying to kill the Elite mobs fast enough (14999 DPS), which means the Enrage timer starts ticking. I also run into the same healing problems without Chant of Resonance, especially since I can also no longer rely on Serenity to heal me a little.

Yeah. I think I'll have to get used to Resolve now.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:54   Link #2930
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

At this point, I'm actually just rolling on alts (one for each hero) and levelling them all till I get them to 60 - I don't have to spend lots to upgrade them, and I can earn a good profit simply by running them. I did manage to get to the Drowned Temple quest from the Royal Crypts in Act 1 Inferno by going public with my Wizard. We killed most stuff so fast I thought we were in Nightmare

My game plan for now is to only engage Inferno with groups, given how underpowered my Wizard currently is.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 09:38   Link #2931
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

"Over here! A leecher seeking to be carried!"
"Burn him at stakes!!"
Old 2012-06-26, 10:43   Link #2932
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
At this point, I'm actually just rolling on alts (one for each hero) and levelling them all till I get them to 60 - I don't have to spend lots to upgrade them, and I can earn a good profit simply by running them. I did manage to get to the Drowned Temple quest from the Royal Crypts in Act 1 Inferno by going public with my Wizard. We killed most stuff so fast I thought we were in Nightmare

My game plan for now is to only engage Inferno with groups, given how underpowered my Wizard currently is.
Lowe, server-transfer your Wizard to the Americas so that we can carry each other rather than you being carried!

*is secretly hoping his Wizard would carry my Witch Doctor instead*

*is SHOT*
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 10:45   Link #2933
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
"Over here! A leecher seeking to be carried!"
"Burn him at stakes!!"

I can carry my weight as a Wizard even with my paltry 16k DPS, using all my Arcane spells (Meteor + Star Pact & Arcane Hydra) with Temporal Flux to provide fire support. Just that it's easier to cast said spells when there are other people tanking to keep the enemies in place while I drop huge burning rocks on our enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Lowe, server-transfer your Wizard to the Americas so that we can carry each other rather than you being carried!

*is secretly hoping his Wizard would carry my Witch Doctor instead*

*is SHOT*
If I could, I would. Kinda unfortunate that the early day server problems have led me to make home in the Asia servers,and since all my high-level characters are there switching is gonna be hard.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 10:48   Link #2934
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
I gave both Skane and Archon's suggestions a whirl before the update. With Archon's suggestion I do fine until I hit an elite mob. Then I die faster because of lower resists, and I no longer have steady Spirit to fuel my healing. I guess I got spoiled by Chant of Resonance. ^^;

Skane's tweaks to my existing build made me live longer, however the challenge now turns into trying to kill the Elite mobs fast enough (14999 DPS), which means the Enrage timer starts ticking. I also run into the same healing problems without Chant of Resonance, especially since I can also no longer rely on Serenity to heal me a little.

Yeah. I think I'll have to get used to Resolve now.
Try something like this too:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ghj!ZXU!bcbYac

Serenity rune can be replaced with the heal rune if it suits you more.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:31   Link #2935
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Ugh, even though its still nightmare I'm already starting to hate multiple affix-mobs. My poor Monk got roflstomped by wall-arcane mobs on a non-open area . Oh well, good that I replaced the heal spell with the shield skill + heal-on-activation rune. Let's see how easy/difficult I can finish Act 1 with my current stats.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:23   Link #2936
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

while lvling I think I was quite addicted to cyclone strike with the healing rune.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:29   Link #2937
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Found my fourth "Legendary", or what they should call Fool's Gold. In my personal opinion, they really need to reconsider their stance on the potency of Legendaries, or at least give them unique properties for use in thematic fun builds.
Shame that Hellrack doesn't have a socket, looses most of its value + no Dex Still I am sure someone will buy it for the right price
Old 2012-06-26, 16:34   Link #2938
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

The repair cost fix will mitigate the issue, but I think the repair costs overall still need to be lowered a bit more.

Also, damned armor, eh? The name speaks for itself

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-26, 18:28   Link #2939
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So I finally got to Zoltun Kulle's body... By running away from everything I met in the Shadow Realm. Sorry guys, but it's hard not to when two elite mobs (inscribed guardians and spectral wraiths with waller and all sorts of nastiness) spawn right at the portal.

*coughs*

Anyway, I defeated Zoltun Kulle, and now am set against Belial. Any advice? I found that Kulle wasn't a problem using my old setup, except I swapped out Air Ally for Earth Ally, and Blinding Flash for Sweeping Wind, but not really sure if this will work for Belial himself.
Old 2012-06-26, 18:47   Link #2940
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, double elite packs are more Blizzard retardation design as opposed to you making a mistake.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler