AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 00:10   Link #281
icebreaker

Yahari actually goes into detail on what's interesting/special about Chiba.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:34   Link #282
csuree
The Most Hated™

well i read all of your posts until now.

First of all hi.

I found this series a few months ago as a manga... i liked it then, and by now that it is anime I became even more interested....more interested than in any other...probably because of what I read here I can relate to the MC...probably in many many ways...i care not to write it down as a long story... but feel free to ask; just give you a hint....i have the same mentality(people lie and society is rotten,and kindness is just an act), tend to self-sacrifice too so others don't get in problem.....
but this is another story.

From what i read hereI came to conclude that even by volume 7 Yukinon And 8man "got to know each other". Well that is not a big story..in terms of romantic side of he story....anyne can get acquaintances bt for a romantic thing you need a bit more than that....(this is for those who root 8man and Yukino). I understand even 8man's feeling for Yui that by accepting her confession might lead to her self-destruction......I kinda gave up getting a girl in school and college precisely for the same reason and tend to say thing like please don't bother with me, I don't deserve the attention.)

oops off-topic......

About the series it would be great to have it translated but I wanna go in detail to know the full extent of the conversations and interactions.

by the pacing of the anime i believe the plot will go until the cultural festival incident, and will not include vol. 7 (judging by 12 episodes)

8man: I like his way of thinking of getting the dirty job done even if it means losing your reputation.
Yukino: cold but maybe 8man's actions will reach her. and she will change a little.
Yui: adorable, caring but her downfall will be this....if she gets rejected that will be devastating, for her...because she seriously thinks about hooking up with him....(wish I had a girl like her 10-12 years ago at school)
about the others I can't say anything lacking the necessary info to do this.

Last edited by csuree; 2013-05-03 at 16:08. Reason: i was a bad boy so it needed editing
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 15:01   Link #283
terribad

Light Novel Spoilers and BakaSuki translation updates

Active and relatively new translators (venom, Fronttide and Spyro) and editors (kirito & LostTimeMemory) are available for the light novel translation of Oregairu at BakaTsuki. Venom has registered the prologue and chapter 1 of volume 2, and he or she has translated the prologue. Fronttide registered the prologue and chapter 1 of volume 3, and he or she has translated 7/30ths of chapter 1. Spyro has registered the prologue and chapter 1 of volume 7, and he or she has translated the prologue and chapter 1.

The following are links to the detailed summaries and general translations from four anons of 4chan. The anon for the summaries is henceforth known as anon1. I will edit this post when additional content is available. With regards to finding and posting the following links on AnimeSuki, most to all credit goes to Von Himmel.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-06-25 at 03:00. Reason: excerpt was of vol 1 not vol 7.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:45   Link #284
Shadow5YA

This series kind of stings... even moreso than other series revolving around loners like Welcome to the NHK or Watamote.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:50   Link #285
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This series kind of stings... even moreso than other series revolving around loners like Welcome to the NHK or Watamote.
True, but that is the cold sting of truth. I really enjoy the remarkably realistic social dynamics here that I am sure we can all relate to.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-05-04 at 17:05.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 17:21   Link #286
NeutralZero

Well that's reality so it will really sting...
But even if it sting... a reading material where one can relate themselve are really enjoyable... kinda like crying/leaning to someones shoulder... looking at the person eye to eye or having a heart to heart talk...
@terribad
Thanks for the collection of summary link...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 17:49   Link #287
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Well that's reality so it will really sting...
But even if it sting... a reading material where one can relate themselve are really enjoyable... kinda like crying/leaning to someones shoulder... looking at the person eye to eye or having a heart to heart talk...
@terribad
Thanks for the collection of summary link...
Speaking of sting, can anyone here think of another series that we can all relate to? There are plenty of series with heart-wrenching dialogue and heroic philosophy, but Oregairu strikes me differently and its not just the cynicism. I really think this series is one-of-a-kind.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 18:04   Link #288
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
The following are links to the detailed summaries from a LN spoiler on 4chan. When vol 4, 1, 2 or 5 is complete, I'll just edit this post.
Thanks for sharing the pastes. This series is quickly becoming one of my favorite light novels.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 18:04   Link #289
NeutralZero

The only Sting we can think right now is the sting energy drink sold in our place...
There are plenty of slice of life series out there but yeah in a way this series is one of a kind...
Old 2013-05-04, 22:27   Link #290
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Last update for vol 4 I think..:
http://pastebin.com/rqSY0jc9

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 00:26   Link #291
terribad

I've updated the list on page 15. It's the last two chapters of vol4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Last update for vol 4 I think..:
http://pastebin.com/rqSY0jc9
As all eight chapters are there, I think it's the last update. Unless he adds the afterwards but the LN spoiler hasn't included the afterwards in all the other summaries. I guess the LN spoiler could make the summary more detailed but the LN spoiler has spent days writing the volume 4 summary.

Thank you for your posts that link to the volume summaries and spoilers. I found it a pain following the multiple threads on 4chan so I can imagine your irritation.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-05-05 at 00:42.
Old 2013-05-05, 00:45   Link #292
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It was posted in a thread with few replies before it dies out. I guess I was lucky that I was around when he posted that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 01:31   Link #293
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
I've updated the list on page 15. It's the last two chapters of vol4.

As all eight chapters are there, I think it's the last update. Unless he adds the afterwards but the LN spoiler hasn't included the afterwards in all the other summaries. I guess the LN spoiler could make the summary more detailed but the LN spoiler has spent days writing the volume 4 summary.

Thank you for your posts that link to the volume summaries and spoilers. I found it a pain following the multiple threads on 4chan so I can imagine your irritation.
Wow I love it! So much Shizukas Flags

Anyway I were wondering. In volume two Hikki shot down Yui before she could confess. Is it same event as in anime (as there were no implication of that confession.)? If it is, can I know how it went in novels?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-05-05 at 02:00.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 04:35   Link #294
terribad

Sadly that index was probably the most useful post I've posted ITT. Anyway I will develop and post my detailed analysis of Hachiman after my exam period and hopefully that will be insightful/useful as well. I'm helping to write the TV tropes page so I want to be as accurate as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Wow I love it! So much Shizukas Flags

Anyway I were wondering. In volume two Hikki shot down Yui before she could confess. Is it same event as in anime (as there were no implication of that confession.)? If it is, can I know how it went in novels?
I'm not the best person to ask since my information is not only from a second hand source but reliant on my crappy memory. Honestly I can't be bothered to explain my reasoning but I'm almost certain the end of ep 5 is the end of volume 2. As for the details, I don't remember them or perhaps they weren't mentioned. Now that I think of it's probably the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHimmel View Post
It was posted in a thread with few replies before it dies out. I guess I was lucky that I was around when he posted that
I never was that lucky so trying to minimise chance is my top priority. As an example I will never bid on ebay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Yukino/Hachiman relationship is ambiguous to me but I think I've somewhat cleared the fog by accident. Yukino said to Hachiman twice (IIRC) that they could never be friends. On the second time she also said (paraphrasing) "as I've said before." I naturally extrapolated a little and assumed that she implied the reason hasn't changed as well. I wondered how I could connect dots until I coincidently found a quote. If my assumption is true, the following might be the reason. [Note that the extrapolation isn't necessary to make sense of their relationship and this is just a justification for assuming the reason didn't change.]

Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
Oscar Wilde

I think it would actually fit her character.

First off the reasons why she would know this quote. Most would agree Yukino is fond of literature. In the LN she references "The Night Hawk's Star" which is fable written by Kenji Miyazawa. He is an influential poet and children's book author who died in 1933. Hachiman by looking at the book cover of a book Yukino was reading, suggested that she was reading a literary work by J.D Salinger , Ernest Miller Hemingway or even Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy. All that suggests she has an interest in Japanese, American and Russion literature of the 19th to 20th century. Wilde is an influential writer of the 19th century; Hemmingway was influenced by him at least. So it wouldn't be unusual for Yukino to read some of his works as well. Furthermore Oscar Wilde has already been referenced in a LN called "The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat." So among literature fans, perhaps Wilde is popular in Japan and that view point is consequently common in LN characters.

Next I can argue that their relationship in Yukino's eyes follows Wilde's law. So she can comfortably say they can never be friends despite their dynamic relationship. Although I've only superficially thought about the Yukino/Hachiman relationship.

Although she may be friends with Totsuka, she may not see him as a man.
Old 2013-05-05, 04:43   Link #295
NeutralZero

Even if they can never be friend its still possible for them to be lovers or she won't allow them to be friends only... which is nice... for us since we're their shipper...
So the sister of Yukinon, is she really a hachi/Yuki shipper or that's just a facade?
Hope they'll clear or reveal the actual conflict Yukinon has to Hayama in the next volume to come...
Old 2013-05-05, 13:01   Link #296
satomianzaki

thanks for the summaries...
i really enjoy the development between hachiman and yukinon...
looking forward to the next chapter translations / volume summaries...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:21   Link #297
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by summary
Hikki compares exams and tests to Gold Experience Requiem
キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!

(I was re-reading that fight just some days ago) Thanks for the summaries, golden stuff there (pun intended).
Old 2013-05-05, 13:53   Link #298
csuree
The Most Hated™

hmm. I just read through the summaries and came up with an estimate.......
Probably volume 3 will be covered by the next episode judging by the events, volume 4 most likely 2 episodes as it has very much action and one episode clearly isn't enough. volume 5....i have no prediction on this i estimate 2 episodes also and finally volume 6 will be the anime season finale with 2 episodes.....
well i might be wrong but this s how it adds up to 12 episodes.

I read the summaries.....good story......
by socially self destructing himself 2 times and seeing how the second time his close "friends" were shocked and concerned it might be a chance that even though 8man doesn't want it Yui will make an attempt to "save" him risking a lot , just like how 8man risked his life to save her dog.....she has the kindness in her so it might be a possibility. this will probably set in motion many other things and Yukino might have to butt into this too to "save" both of them.

No matter how will things evolve In the end 8man will have to admit that he has friends and people who are concerned with him even though he tried to be a loner.
Old 2013-05-06, 04:08   Link #299
icebreaker

I actually find the PE teacher's name "Atsugi" mentioned more times than it is actually needed. Bets on him getting important later on?
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:37   Link #300
daku_noroi
★_★

“The loneliest people are the kindest. The
saddest people smile the brightest. The
most damaged people are the wisest. All
because they do not wish to see anyone
else suffer the way they do.”
nothing just want to quote it
daku_noroi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck