AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 14:59   Link #541
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Did I just imagine that it has ever been there or has this been taken off Bakatsuki?
I can see it just fine.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:10   Link #542
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Hmm Ok I see it on the sidebar... Search engine must be broken oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:22   Link #543
satomianzaki

thanks terribad for updating the summaries...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 00:24   Link #544
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
thanks terribad for updating the summaries...
I always feel guilty when people thank just me. I didn't really do much. Von Himmel has found about two to three summaries himself or, although unlikely, herself. Our work is little in comparison to the LN spoiler who translated and posted the summaries. The LN spoiler's work is relatively little compared to the author. Plus, we must be grateful to whoever helped the author which he may have written in the afterwards. The list of people to be grateful to continues. Of course if we thanked everyone who is required, we would sound like we're about to receive an emmy award - and it will consume a lot of time.

I think that I see your reasoning. With me or Von Himmel your gratitude is likely to be heard. However, I'm just a member of the staff who redirects your specialized calls. I prefer that just reading it is enough gratitude. For example if new people want to get up to speed and they use my references, that's enough for me.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 00:30   Link #545
csuree
The Most Hated™

Hmm... I was thinking about how Miura and Hayato had caught on to Yui's intentions about Hachiman. The problem with this will be that same thing Hachiman did(maintaining the status quo). Most likely they will be against Yui and 8man getting together because this will have n effect on the group and the social implications are on the bad end. (How would it look like if a popular girl would go out with the most hated/unpopular guy; That would even affect how people view the Hayato group)

I see Hayato doing nothing(his usual way of solving things) to help Yui and Hachiman get together, but for Miura I only see her trying to get in the way. The most simple would be to het to go talk to Hachiman and say to him that it would be better for him to thik about the consequences of Yui getting together with him.
Or there is the other solution of getting Hachiman "socially executed" by more intense bullying and getting his reputation under the bridge, but that could backfire because Yui could jump in disregarding the consequences to help him out(Ex: when Tobe started insulting 8man and the club girls got angry)

As we know by the end of volume 7 the cub's emotions are on the edge, mostly because of 8man's selfishness. This is an amplified version of what happened at the end of volume 2, but this time they might not solve it so easily.

I suspect that in this situation an adult help is needed which will be provided by Shizuka sensei.

Also about Hayato in volume7: He might look like a nice guy but he virtually lured in Hachiman to talk to him and make the sacrifice. He knew Hachiman observes the minor changes every time(ex: volume 2 when he say the 3 playing on their phone when Hayato was not with them) an that is why he put up a depressed face. And when Hachiman approached him he used him to get the things done while he was washing his hands.

As long as I will not see him doing something for Hachian he will be an antagonistic character.

Miura seeing the small wave of Yui towards Hachiman can suggest that Miura has good observational skills like Hachiman except she mostly ignores the signs and goes on like nothing happened. (She migh actually be smart and witty like Yui or 8man in terms of people, but she is more like pretending to be oblivious).

Kawasaki Saki flags might be raised in the future with 8man. I hope they will also get some "alone time" like how Yukino and Yui did. (wel that is my expectation)
Old 2013-05-23, 00:45   Link #546
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
As long as I will not see him doing something for Hachian he will be an antagonistic character.
He helped shifting away the hate on Hachiman from Volume 6 in Volume 7 Chapter 1. Does that count?
You can't expect him to seriously do something for Hachiman, they aren't friends to begin with. But he won't do something that hurts someone either, just because he's kind. Again, Hachiman said Hayato's just overly kind, if he was one big evil schemer Hachiman would have caught on earlier, just like he did with Haruno.
We'll have to see what happens later on, but I don't think Hachiman would receive any form of tease or anything for that fake confession.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-23 at 01:41.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 03:27   Link #547
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well the shift in hate was like a momentary solution, he made a joke about someone else(Tobe). In a normal student society that is just a flare up followed by the teasing resumed. So he just did something short-distanced. The hate will still linger on and probably resumed.

The confession probably will be kept secret but something kept me thinking.
Why on earth would Tobe and Hayato group up with 8man and Saika when they had 2 other friends(Yamato and Ooka). This puzzled me. Also if they just grouped up with 8man because of the request, the other 2 would feel left out, I think. It's like the whole situation was not thought out by the author. Or I am wrong in my deductions.

Also I just caught a blooper in the tennis episode: remember when Yui twisted her ankle she went off-field after Yukino(in her sports attire) and she came back with her (now with her school attire) and at the end she was seen by Hachiman when they were changing(???). Why did she change when she was already in her school uniform.

Okay I even have a possible answer. She was in Yukino's clothes(which is unlikely because of the bust difference). but anyway this looks like a mistake.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:32   Link #548
Surataro
eroSlime

Terribad do you have any insight on who the translator is? or if the translator is reading this thread from time to time? just in order to express my gratitude to him/her on the job done, not an easy LN to translate as it seems the ideas expressed are quite deep, but al in all, I just wanted to seize the occasion to thank him/her if he/she happens to read these lines.
This story is quite the captivating one and it the first time in a long while that I have been so taken into one.
And thanks also to every member of the information chain to put the summaries together in the same place, really a life saver
Old 2013-05-23, 05:19   Link #549
icebreaker

Quote:
Well the shift in hate was like a momentary solution, he made a joke about someone else(Tobe). In a normal student society that is just a flare up followed by the teasing resumed. So he just did something short-distanced. The hate will still linger on and probably resumed.
Didn't Hachiman say "As expected of Hayato, no one teased me again afterwards."?

Quote:
The confession probably will be kept secret but something kept me thinking.
Why on earth would Tobe and Hayato group up with 8man and Saika when they had 2 other friends(Yamato and Ooka). This puzzled me. Also if they just grouped up with 8man because of the request, the other 2 would feel left out, I think. It's like the whole situation was not thought out by the author. Or I am wrong in my deductions.
Hachiman already grouped up with Saika at first. Then Yui insisted that Hachiman group up with Tobe because "That way we can all act together and go to the same place! It's better to have two people supporting Tobe, right?" (retarded argument), Yukino first said that they have already grouped up and it's totally pointless to put Hachiman in. Then after some silence.. Just before Hachiman can counter-argue, Yukino said "Alright then. Since Ooka and Yamato came along when Tobe requested anyway they probably would understand." (I totally missed this out until now, but yeah Yui....)
Don't underestimate Watari!

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-23 at 05:42.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:06   Link #550
Tenzen12

Quote:
Hmm... I was thinking about how Miura and Hayato had caught on to Yui's intentions about Hachiman. The problem with this will be that same thing Hachiman did(maintaining the status quo). Most likely they will be against Yui and 8man getting together because this will have n effect on the group and the social implications are on the bad end. (How would it look like if a popular girl would go out with the most hated/unpopular guy; That would even affect how people view the Hayato group)

I see Hayato doing nothing(his usual way of solving things) to help Yui and Hachiman get together, but for Miura I only see her trying to get in the way. The most simple would be to het to go talk to Hachiman and say to him that it would be better for him to thik about the consequences of Yui getting together with him.
Or there is the other solution of getting Hachiman "socially executed" by more intense bullying and getting his reputation under the bridge, but that could backfire because Yui could jump in disregarding the consequences to help him out(Ex: when Tobe started insulting 8man and the club girls got angry)

As we know by the end of volume 7 the cub's emotions are on the edge, mostly because of 8man's selfishness. This is an amplified version of what happened at the end of volume 2, but this time they might not solve it so easily.

I suspect that in this situation an adult help is needed which will be provided by Shizuka sensei.

Also about Hayato in volume7: He might look like a nice guy but he virtually lured in Hachiman to talk to him and make the sacrifice. He knew Hachiman observes the minor changes every time(ex: volume 2 when he say the 3 playing on their phone when Hayato was not with them) an that is why he put up a depressed face. And when Hachiman approached him he used him to get the things done while he was washing his hands.

Miura seeing the small wave of Yui towards Hachiman can suggest that Miura has good observational skills like Hachiman except she mostly ignores the signs and goes on like nothing happened. (She migh actually be smart and witty like Yui or 8man in terms of people, but she is more like pretending to be oblivious).

Kawasaki Saki flags might be raised in the future with 8man. I hope they will also get some "alone time" like how Yukino and Yui did. (wel that is my expectation)
Actualy I don't find Hikki being particlary selfish (aside of selfishness he display intentionaly) It's not like he ever gave Yui any misleading signals (quite opposite), and it's not like act of rejecting romantic relationship is selfish itself. And if it's about method,... it worked for everyone.

And about Hayato, it's not like he forced Hikki into confession or lied to him and that's actualy reason why 8man reject his pity as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
She genuinely seemed unsure of or forgot Hachiman's identity before he introduced himself at bar. I'm not sure if it was just his face. I still think Saki not knowing Hachiman is possible and here's a possible chain of events:

Saki only knew Hachiman's name. She deduced this guy is from Sobu High School and familiar with Yui and Yukinoshita. According to Shizuka Hachiman's rotten personality is reflected in his eyes so he's fairly distinctive. [Although his disctintive eyes could be used as counter argument]. She subconsciously puts all that together. She recalls a memory about guy who says "to work is to lose". In the morning she understandably, gets angry. What has meaning, emotional or otherwise, we tend to more easily recall. Additionally, memories are easier to recall in the emotional state similar to when they were encoded. If she was angry back then, she has another incentive to remember that morning. She's pretty clever too so it wouldn't be a stretch that she would remember details from the morning. Finally after remembering the quote, she assumed that guy was Hachiman. In short Saki may still have not know Hachiman before the meeting. Or, depending on your definition of know, she just hazily knew his face, name and what Shizuka said in that morning.

If she was lying about knowing him, I wonder at what point she started. If she knew and liked him from middle school, I thought of some surprising, for me, interpretations of her character. However I shot them down because again I don't see any reason for her to lie.
That is certainly possible (I didn't though about that possibility), still especialy due they encounter in morning I would say she more or less did know who he is and pretended not know him not for any particular reason but just to mock him. ( Possibility of her liking him before never crossed my mind either)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-05-23 at 06:26.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 06:34   Link #551
NeutralZero

The strain that even caused... can a single volume (8) fixed that?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 07:41   Link #552
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I don't find Hikki being particlary selfish (aside of selfishness he display intentionaly) It's not like he ever gave Yui any misleading signals (quite opposite), and it's not like act of rejecting romantic relationship is selfish itself. And if it's about method,... it worked for everyone.
About being selfish, the act of rejecting a romantic relationship, like you said, isn't selfish. The problem is that he doesn't want to reject her directly, and instead do this roundabout stuff in order to warn her not to confess because he wants to keep her around him. That, in essence, is selfish.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:00   Link #553
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That is certainly possible (I didn't though about that possibility), still especialy due they encounter in morning I would say she more or less did know who he is and pretended not know him not for any particular reason but just to mock him. ( Possibility of her liking him before never crossed my mind either).
After reading your post and finding a reason, I'm 40 60 on whether she was lying or not. I'm a little biased towards your interpretation because of Occam's Razor. In other words, my explanation is more convoluted than yours so there's a greater chance for me to assume something wrong.

I thought as a counter argument that she was too straight-forward to lie so easily. Then I remembered that she can be deceitful like in episode 5 with her brother. Although she was never shown to have lied to him, she may have just avoided talking about her business. I remember that she's mindful of her soft side as shown in vol 7 chapter 1's summary. In light of all that and some more thought, I think she can pull off a convincing lie.

The "Saki liking Hachiman at that point" was taken from csuree. Now that I think Saki lying is a good possibility, I'll unleash my interpretation. One of the first things she asks, after she identifies Yukino and Yui, is if Yukino and Hachiman were going out. She may have asked to confirm if Hachiman is available. Conversely, she may have asked this first to as guess to why Hachiman was with them. Furthermore, the anime is an adaptation. There could have been dialogue in between that was cut from the LN. Second Saki called Hachiman "that" instead of "him" in one fansub at least. This could be a trick to see if Yukino is lying. If Yukino did like him, she would probably get angry. Conversely she could just want to spite Yukino - maybe. Overall I think that it's unlikely because I doubt Saki could be so sly. I find it interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surataro View Post
Terribad do you have any insight on who the translator is? or if the translator is reading this thread from time to time? just in order to express my gratitude to him/her on the job done, not an easy LN to translate as it seems the ideas expressed are quite deep, but al in all, I just wanted to seize the occasion to thank him/her if he/she happens to read these lines.
This story is quite the captivating one and it the first time in a long while that I have been so taken into one.
And thanks also to every member of the information chain to put the summaries together in the same place, really a life saver
By reading your post, it seems like you agree with what I said to setomianzaki. On the other hand, perhaps you're just humoring me. Or you never read it.

I don't know much about the translators. If you want to thank them, you can do so on the feedback thread on Baka Tsuki. Or next time I login, should I post your reply in that thread? I'm pretty certain the active translators will read it. I'm also fairly sure that your gratitude will be encouraging for one translator at least.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-05-23 at 08:11.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:53   Link #554
terribad

I've updated the summaries on page 15. It's chapter 2 for volume 7.

Edit
Just read it. Hachiman and Yukino put up much more resistance than I originally thought. Yui was the main factor that started the story and she ended up getting the whip for it. Hachiman and Yukino can convey information through looks now - that's a little suspect. The service club really feels like friends now. Yukino was hilarious this chapter.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-05-23 at 09:27.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:07   Link #555
kazzuya13

By reading this LN(summaries) and watching the anime it ruins my mood in reading Shouju. Cause it makes it look shallow and fake. Because of that I became addicted to this.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 09:49   Link #556
icebreaker

Quote:
I've updated the summaries on page 15. It's chapter 2 for volume 7.

Edit
Just read it. Hachiman and Yukino put up much more resistance than I originally thought. Yui was the main factor that started the story and she ended up getting the whip for it. Hachiman and Yukino can convey information through looks now - that's a little suspect. The service club really feels like friends now. Yukino was hilarious this chapter.
It gets more hilarious later on. It's like she doesn't know how to eat ramen.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:56   Link #557
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
It gets more hilarious later on. It's like she doesn't know how to eat ramen.
I'm finding the summaries really funny recently. Is the LN spoiler getting better or is the story just funnier at this point? Honestly, I didn't really believe that the service club were friends until now. I'm really enjoying their chemistry. However now I feel a little saddened by what happened at the end. I hope things will work out in the future volumes. It seems with recent summaries, I understand your point of view better and better.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:04   Link #558
Surataro
eroSlime

Quote:

By reading your post, it seems like you agree with what I said to setomianzaki. On the other hand, perhaps you're just humoring me. Or you never read it.

I don't know much about the translators. If you want to thank them, you can do so on the feedback thread on Baka Tsuki. Or next time I login, should I post your reply in that thread? I'm pretty certain the active translators will read it. I'm also fairly sure that your gratitude will be encouraging for one translator at least.
This,
You were right, I didn't read it, sorry about that, I don't know where to post on the baka tsuki forum, so if it is not a hassle for you, could you please convey my gratitude to him/her?
This kind of people gives us a lot, so thanking them is a given.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:04   Link #559
icebreaker

Quote:
I'm finding the summaries really funny recently. Is the LN spoiler getting better or is the story just funnier at this point? Honestly, I didn't really believe that the service club were friends until now. I'm really enjoying their chemistry. However now I feel a little saddened by what happened at the end. I hope things will work out in the future volumes.
The story has always been funny to a certain degree. What's changed about the service club is at the end of Volume 6, Yukino rejected Hachiman's request to be a friend but she recognized him as an "acquaintance". So this "friendliness" (Technically, not exactly friendly but at least she doesn't ignore him anymore) only started this volume.
Old 2013-05-23, 11:20   Link #560
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Hachiman and Yukino can convey information through looks now - that's a little suspect.
I don't really see it as new. They have had the same opinion on a number of things now.

Examples:
- both tried to defend Yui against Yumiko in volume 1. They both also stayed after to see if Yui can make up.
- they both were the first to catch on to Rumi being isolated during the camping trip. When Rumi thought things would change if she went to middle school, both Yukino and Hachiman had the same opinion that things would remain the same.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck