AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-21, 03:46   Link #101
Tenzen12

Despite all that romantic development, All I want say is that Okamoto is great bro and should get own spin-off.
Old 2023-05-27, 14:19   Link #102
Frontier

Who wouldn't want to buy something with Akane's smiling face behind the register? She looks really cute in work mode! And she couldn't resist making sure Yamada visited her and saw her at work, complete with giving him a full Akane homemade meal! Her married co-worker Shinohara knows what's up .

Nothing quite like a guy putting his arms around you to protect you to get your heart aflutter. Can't see Yamada in a romantic light? Just give in to your feelings Akane !

Although I guess I see where Akane is coming from in terms of being careful of guys who act so nice and considerate they give you the wrong idea...but Momo has a point that Akane's talked so much about Yamada and obviously spends so much time with him, so what's she really going to do about all that ?

Of course Runa isn't keen on another new member of the guild, let alone a girl, and it feels like she's about to fall back into bad habits if Akane wasn't around to dial her back a little. And of course the new member just so happens to be Tsubaki, and I'm sure Akane probably expects things to go well but I'm expecting some drama. But hey, she finally got Yamada's number, so that's a win .

We get some more insight into Tsubaki's character. She's a gamer, primarily FPS like Yamada, which creates a disconnect from other, more romance-driven, girls and why she gets along so well with Yamada. In fact his lack of interest in romance is seemingly what makes her feel connected, and maybe even attracted, to him. And you can tell she has some thoughts about Akane and how close she and Yamada are .

Meanwhile Okamoto is just living his best life. You go guy !

Wow, I thought Akane was catching a cold but I didn't expect it to be that severe. She can barely keep it together! And with no clinic, or Momo, she's left on her own with disastrous results...until Yamada shows up to save her, complete with a princess carry, and it's so great Akane thinks she's dreaming it. He's basically her dream guy at this point .

Night Butterfly Momo is quite the stunner! Too bad no matter how forward and sexy she is, guys seem more into the demure, plain, types. And she's so busy drowning her sorrows she totally ignores sick Akane .
Old 2023-05-27, 18:45   Link #103
grecefar

I was hoping glasses girl would not be a rival but that was just being optimistic.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 21:03   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can seriously resonate with Akane's situation in this episode. Not the romantic side of it, but was pretty sick the other day. That kind of thing is all the more brutal when living alone. All you can do is ride it out as best you can. All the worse in her case since it hit right before she would have gone out to load up on groceries. Credit to her for trying to push through and think her way through it. But it's tough. Trying to work your brain when you feel like garbage isn't easy and can push yourself to work hard in the wrong ways because it seems like the best idea. Thank goodness she collapsed before getting onto her bike. Imagine if she was able to carry on and only ran into trouble near the road....would have been on the isekai train there.

Not looking forward to the glasses girl rival. Introducing a rival at this point is just pointless. At the absolute most it will just drag things out and create minor misunderstandings. And come on. We're at episode 9 here. There's no time for that kind of thing.
Old 2023-05-27, 23:15   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can seriously resonate with Akane's situation in this episode. Not the romantic side of it, but was pretty sick the other day. That kind of thing is all the more brutal when living alone. All you can do is ride it out as best you can. All the worse in her case since it hit right before she would have gone out to load up on groceries. Credit to her for trying to push through and think her way through it. But it's tough. Trying to work your brain when you feel like garbage isn't easy and can push yourself to work hard in the wrong ways because it seems like the best idea. Thank goodness she collapsed before getting onto her bike. Imagine if she was able to carry on and only ran into trouble near the road....would have been on the isekai train there.
I hope you're doing better!
Quote:
Not looking forward to the glasses girl rival. Introducing a rival at this point is just pointless. At the absolute most it will just drag things out and create minor misunderstandings. And come on. We're at episode 9 here. There's no time for that kind of thing.
Honestly I think it will just give Akane and Yamada more reason to be honest with each other if there's another character who might force the issue because she's interested in Yamada too, though Tsubaki doesn't seem like the aggressive type.
Old 2023-05-27, 23:31   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I hope you're doing better!
Thanks! The positive is that it was one of those one day things. Not great for that day, but back to normal fairly soon afterwards.

Quote:
Honestly I think it will just give Akane and Yamada more reason to be honest with each other if there's another character who might force the issue because she's interested in Yamada too, though Tsubaki doesn't seem like the aggressive type.
I hope they use this in a positive way. Things are leaning in a positive direction anyways. But both sides have reasons to hesitate a bit. So a spark might help.

Although part of me wonders how big an impact this girl will have. Since like you said, she doesn't seem the aggressive type. At least not romantically. Feels like she played things passively with a sense of comfort at the idea that Yamada was more interested in gaming than anything else. And now she may feel that she's too far behind to do anything. Playing the MMO is probably her way of trying to make a move, but it's only a very slight one.
Old 2023-05-28, 03:44   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And that's why I always keep a stash of "too tired to cook" food.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 20:01   Link #108
Alchemist007
*Author

Runa really turned back into a psycho for that one scene. She might need a councilor or something.
Old 2023-05-29, 09:11   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Runa really turned back into a psycho for that one scene. She might need a councilor or something.
I think she needs more friends .
Old 2023-06-01, 23:57   Link #110
Strahan

Yea, Runa really needs to build some relationships with others. With the way they introduced her, I thought I'd dislike her but she grew on me pretty quickly. I doubt Tsubaki has a chance. Even if he himself doesn't realize it, I think he's already hooked on Akane.

I love the soundtrack for this show. I have two subwoofers in my theater room where I watch anime, and the soundtrack has a lot of bassy bits in the music. Sounds good. That moon that shot onto the screen at the one scene was pretty aurally impactful, lol.

As soon as Akane was shown staggering around the house, I just knew Yamada was going to find her collapsed. Didn't play out as I had thought; I thought she'd pass out at home and he'd try her door and find it unlocked. The way they did it made more sense. Now I wonder if in the next episode we'll find she said things in her delirium that will be interesting for Yamada to hear, hehe.

Quote:
I can seriously resonate with Akane's situation in this episode. Not the romantic side of it, but was pretty sick the other day. That kind of thing is all the more brutal when living alone. All you can do is ride it out as best you can.
I sympathize with that. A couple weeks ago my doc suggested getting a tetanus and pneumonia vaccine. I said sure, and told them to stick me with both in my left arm. That was a BAD idea. My left arm hurt for days, and the day after the injections I got dizzy and ran a 103 degree fever. Being sick sucks when you live alone. Though I did get a break; my housekeeper shown up so I whined to her and she helped out lol

Quote:
Ditto. I hope it doesn't amount to more than a single episode for her thing to be put down so we can get back to wrapping up the Y+A story we're here for
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-03, 12:32   Link #111
Frontier

I love how the title card is FoS Yamada taking care of FoS Akane .

So Okamoto knows Tsubaki likes Yamada, huh? Of course he also knows that if she doesn't make a move, she'll lose him...though on some level she always thought she would .

We get to see how Tsubaki first became acquainted with Yamada after playing him in an FPS and becoming interested in him through his mad gamer skills (which seem surprisingly effective in bringing girls over to his house) and they got to better know each other through class as Tsubaki saw full well Yamada's popularity as a handsome guy...and heartbreaker .

We finally find out what happened with that girl from Yamada's flashback. She was bullied for liking him and avoided school so Yamada was sent by the teacher to give her the printouts and would stick by her while she was feeling ostracized at school...but this caused her to think he returned her feelings, when he didn't mean anything deeper by it than doing what the teacher told him to do. And her subsequent upset over that basically just made him uncomfortable with girls and romantic relationships in general. And of course Tsubaki sees all these red flags and thinks she shouldn't fall in love with him...even though she inevitably does .

Man, Akane's fever is pretty bad! And Yamada goes above and beyond in taking care of her! Even carrying her to and from the hospital and sitting next to her while she sleeps. If that's not a big indication of how much he cares about Akane, I don't know what is .

That Inorin sneezing is so cute .

I'm not surprised Akane had plenty of books for getting over her breakup, but I'm glad it seems like she's made peace with it. Even if Takuma cheated on her, it can't always be easy to dump someone you've been with for so long, and she could tell he felt something from it. All she really can ask is that some day he looks back on the fond memories they had together and realizes what he missed out on by breaking up with her. And that makes Yamada remember that despite what happened the girl from his past still smiled at him as she said goodbye, showing she didn't regret liking him despite everything .

Akane is really feeling that leg cramp! Perfect excuse for Yamada to get in bed with her and help set it right. Also what amazing reflexes to dodge Akane's foot .

Akane's feelings for Yamada are beginning to overwhelm her! She's recognizing how safe and comfortable she is around him and how him just being close to her is enough to throw her completely off and she's starting to become a flustered mess who doesn't know how to even talk to him. Not to mention how she's just instinctively drawn to him, to the point where she moves to grab on to him and never let go. And that look at the end is of a girl absolutely in love .
Old 2023-06-03, 19:35   Link #112
grecefar

I think tsubaki took him for granted knowing that he won't be with any girl since he rejects them all, but since she was the only one who could talk to him like normal and had the same interest as him then he would settle with her in the end, but in the end just like she thought too that someone would appear sooner or later and she is suffering for that since it was out of nowhere for her.

In the end I think it was a gamble, she bet on the long game or lose everything on the chance another girl would appear.

Man, dating a girl like akane should be awesome... she is hilarious.
Old 2023-06-03, 20:46   Link #113
Strahan

That was a very cute episode, and yea, very funny too with her reactions
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-04, 00:10   Link #114
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So this episode is all about The One that Got Away. And cramps. Cramps hurt a lot, but not as much as a breakup.

In a single episode, we learned about the story between the girl from Yamada's yesterday and the story of Tsubaki. It's also about facing the many kinds of heartbreak and how everyone has to deal with it. Yamada is regretful about being nonchalant towards someone who was relying on him greatly. Tsubaki realizes painfully that while she had built that wall to keep herself from developing feelings for Yamada, she fell hard anyway. And Akane has finally come into terms with the breakup with Takuma.

Meanwhile, we finally get to see Akane discover how she really feels towards Yamada. And damn, Akane has fallen for him HARD.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-04, 19:38   Link #115
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

My feeling for a lot of this episode was that this isn't the time for that! Akane is so sick that she's literally collapsing outside just trying to walk to a store. Is this really time for endless monologues for the girl who lost her shot before she ever appeared in the show? My condolences for her. But there are more pressing matters!

Part of it was the OP. But that was a long 9 minutes. There was some decent information about Yamada's past. But I half expected Akane to be dead by the time the show remembered she was the main character!

And I wasn't even that far off since seriously that illness was no joke! If someone didn't go to check on her...she probably would have died. She didn't end up staying long at the hospital, but she still definitely needed IV drip.

My condolences to her on that leg cramp. That's never fun.

Akane is a total blast though. And things really have reached a point of no return for her. Getting better first is paramount. But dealing with her feelings after isn't a bad idea.
Old 2023-06-10, 12:32   Link #116
Frontier

Well, at least Momo showed up with as much as she could get to help Akane through her cold. Even if it's kind of dumb she was out of touch over the mental break of her failed group dates, at least she still rushed over to help Akane as much as she could...eventually .

Momo definitely has some thoughts about how far Yamada went for Akane here, even if Akane is still insisting they're "just friends" even though their behavior around each other screams otherwise. But Akane's still hesistant to embrace love after getting dumped and Yamada is an enigma to Momo, so she doesn't feel like now is the time to press on anything...besides telling Akane that timing is always critical in love !

Akane is back in FOS and has finally met Tsubaki! They're even the same class so there's a lot Akane feels they can relate to each other about! And Tsubaki even helps Akane feel better about the class she picked! It's nice to see Akane's sincere enthusiasm and approachability getting through to Tsubaki's stoic awkwardness .

Man, Rurihime is a pretty strict teacher! Making the girls fight off a boss with four HP bars and self-healing while "she" lazes around and enjoys the scenery while healing the girls so they can continue their misery. No amount of button-mashing is going to save them from this. Though they didn't beat the boss it did turn into a teachable moment and something Akane and Tsubaki were able to bond over, so that was pretty nice .

I just love how Eita is stealing donuts from Runa while gaming with the girls .

I don't know what's cuter, that Akane sketched out the boss and their battle all on her own or that she wanted to talk shop with Yamada about it...but the real show stealer is how Akane admits that she really just called him to hear his voice, and leaving him off on that bombshell we see her fingers trembling from having admitted it. Seems like Akane can't deny her feelings for Yamada any more .

Momo really was agonizing over Akane and Yamada's romance so much she held herself back to no more than three group dates and was eager for some great girl talk...only for Akane to bring up her getting dumped for the umpteenth time. Yeah, I can see why that would be disappointing. But it seems like Akane just wants to understand why she got dumped and what her flaws might be so that she can potentially go after Yamada earnestly and snag him without any problems

Ugh. The last thing the girls need is pushy guys from another failed group date of Momo's. But thankfully Eita works at that cafe and is able to ward off the guys. And he finally meets Momo, who is now convinced that FOS is great for meeting hot guys...if only she got to see Rurihime !

Eita is happy to self-proclaim himself as a proud siscon, but he might also be able to give Akane some solid advice for pursuing Yamada romantically and confirm what she needs to do. Though he also unknowingly gave Tsubaki advice for her to finally bite the bullet and do something about her own feelings for Yamada. Something definitely feels like it's going to happen soon .

So how much of the main quest has Akane actually done if she's missed out on some items you ordinarily get as part of it? Though she's maxed out her credit card to max out her gear, so I guess it all works out in the end .
Old 2023-06-10, 14:24   Link #117
grecefar

there was no way tsubaki would dislike akane, in fact is not possible to dislike akane so the hurt will be less when akane and yamada get together. I would like to see akane and tsubaki friendship more and add runa if you like.

it seems akane realized her feelings and is making preparations to make a move, but who will do it first akane or tsubaki?
Old 2023-06-11, 00:01   Link #118
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm glad things started out nicely with Akane and Tsubaki. She figured things out pretty fast and also concluded that Akane is just super nice and easy to like .

Not surprised that Akane's mind went first to figuring out why she was dumped and looking for her flaws. Looking forward is scary because she doesn't want the same thing to happen all over again.

Might be the first time I've seen Momo so frazzled. Usually she's more of a pain than anything, but I guess even she can't handle some things. Geeze those guys were pushy and frankly creepy. Who the heck just starts smelling someone and commenting on it ? This isn't a bar and I'd hope these guys aren't already drunk.

Eita being a good hero there. I hope that the chat he's about to have with Akane will be helpful. Makes sense though. Momo and Eita are two people that Akane can most confide in. Hopefully by the end of that chat she's up for making her own move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So how much of the main quest has Akane actually done if she's missed out on some items you ordinarily get as part of it? Though she's maxed out her credit card to max out her gear, so I guess it all works out in the end .
I don't want to be mean to Akane...but I kind of wonder if she realizes that game has a story . It's possible she's just been hunting, farming mats, and doing all sorts of other stuff but never actually triggered the main story quest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
there was no way tsubaki would dislike akane, in fact is not possible to dislike akane so the hurt will be less when akane and yamada get together. I would like to see akane and tsubaki friendship more and add runa if you like.

it seems akane realized her feelings and is making preparations to make a move, but who will do it first akane or tsubaki?
I'm betting Tsubaki will end up making her move first. Mostly since Akane is still building up to it. Plus having Tsuabaki make a move could give Yamada something to think about and help him process his own feelings a bit. Since he does like Tsubaki as a friend it will provide a nice contrast to how he feels about Akane to have Tsubaki potentially confess.
Old 2023-06-11, 07:29   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't want to be mean to Akane...but I kind of wonder if she realizes that game has a story . It's possible she's just been hunting, farming mats, and doing all sorts of other stuff but never actually triggered the main story quest!
Yeah. But even then, how did she get to lvl 55 and not change her equipment?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-11, 10:24   Link #120
grecefar

for what rurihime said it seems that she didn't change her equipment but she upgrade it that much so that they are pretty rare now.

like the first short sword but +15 and all options.

Tags
comedy, romance