Old 2008-09-26, 11:17   Link #1281
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
logic has no place here

No wonder you feel so at home here, Trizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia
Am I the only one who does not relate to her at all? I'm nearly her age but I've never felt like Orihime. I know it's just me but whenever I put myself in her shoes and whenever I imagine myself doing what she does, I feel pathetic and I feel like my gender is weak. If a boy doesn't like me, what's the point of clinging to him?
Come to think of it, I don't relate to any BLEACH characters. Orihime's probably the closest I can get to any of them, as I have the same color hair and a plethora of insecurities.

I used to think the same way you did ages ago, but upon further reflection, why does Orihime have to be strong? What's wrong about being "weak" or - really - having "insecurities"? I mean, it's human. I'm sure Rukia has her share of insecurities also, though she hides them pretty well.

Also, you're wrong about one thing. Ichigo does like Orihime; He likes Rukia, too. All we need to do is define (or have Kubo define) that "like". Though I'm no fan of IchiHime or some of its fans, I believe that she shouldn't give up on a guy who she has not confessed to yet. There's nothing pathetic about clinging to a person you like unless he has already flat out refused your affections, which Ichigo hasn't yet.
Old 2008-09-26, 11:38   Link #1282
lithiumrose

I don't like her nor hate her. However she does annoy me sometimes. I can relate to her somewhat-her insecurities and such. but i do not like the way she handles them. i agree with nervous venus there is nothing wrong with being weak but orihime wants to be strong yet she hasnt done anything to help increase her strength. wasnt it rukia who volunteered to train orihime? (im probably wrong. im too lazy to check the manga)..yeah i just needed to express my opinions.. im going back to lurking now ^.^
Old 2008-09-26, 16:59   Link #1283
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Am I the only one who does not relate to her at all? I'm nearly her age but I've never felt like Orihime. I know it's just me but whenever I put myself in her shoes and whenever I imagine myself doing what she does, I feel pathetic and I feel like my gender is weak. If a boy doesn't like me, what's the point of clinging to him? I don't want to be clingy. If I pine for somebody for so long like Orihime, I'll feel absolutely...I don't how to express it even. About lack-confidence, I do lack it sometimes but Orihime is just hopeless.
I'm comparing myself because she is 15, I'm 13 and this is really really close. As for "She's been through what you haven't" I'm not sharing any of my personal experiences or my life.
I can't pity her. I feel sorry for her sometimes, like for her brother death or her unshared feelings but she gets on my nerves not to mention half of the bad situations she gets stuck in are her fault
People are usually amazed by how I don't find myself similar to Orihime. Just because I'm close to her age, does not mean all teenagers are like Orihime-going by this logic, I should relate to Ichigo because I'm sometimes harsh yet I can be good when I want to. I should relate to Keigo because I love joking around and making my friends crazy. I should relate to many young characters yet I certainly don't.
Orihime is a confused teenager therefore I should sympathize with her and adore her which is bullshit. I want a character I can admire, I don't read to find similar characters to me and feel sorry for them. I like characters which people can learn from and want to be like. I DO NOT wanna see myself in Hime. In my eyes, she is a burden and that's the last thing I'll ever wanna be.

It's undeniable many fans like her just becaus eof her personality-no "relating to" or stuff.

Anyways, you are right for what you said. I admire Rukia. When I feel sorry for her, it's genuine because she's stronger and she doesn't annoy me.
I think I can relate to Keigo more than Orihime too XD. I'm just not the clingy, hopelessly in love kind of person (and I'm around her age too). Rukia has more similarities to me than Orihime does *is a sarcastic bitch*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Also, you're wrong about one thing. Ichigo does like Orihime; He likes Rukia, too. All we need to do is define (or have Kubo define) that "like". Though I'm no fan of IchiHime or some of its fans, I believe that she shouldn't give up on a guy who she has not confessed to yet. There's nothing pathetic about clinging to a person you like unless he has already flat out refused your affections, which Ichigo hasn't yet.
I'll have to agree with you on that point *is a bad Orihime hater*.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-26, 23:43   Link #1284
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumrose View Post
I don't like her nor hate her. However she does annoy me sometimes. I can relate to her somewhat-her insecurities and such. but i do not like the way she handles them. i agree with nervous venus there is nothing wrong with being weak but orihime wants to be strong yet she hasnt done anything to help increase her strength. wasnt it rukia who volunteered to train orihime? (im probably wrong. im too lazy to check the manga)..yeah i just needed to express my opinions.. im going back to lurking now ^.^
Would you like to tell me when she would have the time to better herself? Was it when she was having an audience with Aizen? Or was it the one day she spent in prison being monitored by Ulq.? I know, it has to be when Menoly and Loli where beating the crap out of her! I mean if she had to time to do all of those things, she'd definately have time to train to be a complete badass

/sarcasm
Old 2008-09-27, 00:44   Link #1285
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Would you like to tell me when she would have the time to better herself? Was it when she was having an audience with Aizen? Or was it the one day she spent in prison being monitored by Ulq.? I know, it has to be when Menoly and Loli where beating the crap out of her! I mean if she had to time to do all of those things, she'd definately have time to train to be a complete badass

/sarcasm
Ah, HT never fails to pounce on an innocent user that doesn't love Orihime.

Old 2008-09-27, 03:06   Link #1286
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:

/sarcasm
Pretty sure that was pointed out already. She trained with Rukia a bit. She should have trained more. And while she was in her room staring at the moon in HM she could've been practicing. Instead she's just sat there like a boring ass bump on a log.
Old 2008-09-27, 05:18   Link #1287
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

given her abilities...is she even able to train on her own?
Old 2008-09-27, 06:17   Link #1288
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Come to think of it, I don't relate to any BLEACH characters. Orihime's probably the closest I can get to any of them, as I have the same color hair and a plethora of insecurities.

I used to think the same way you did ages ago, but upon further reflection, why does Orihime have to be strong? What's wrong about being "weak" or - really - having "insecurities"? I mean, it's human. I'm sure Rukia has her share of insecurities also, though she hides them pretty well.

It's also human to dislike somebody.
Why does she have to be strong? Situation demands strenght because it's rough and it's hard.
It's human to have insecuruties exactly like it's human not to have and exactly like it's human to be strong or improve. So "oh it's human" is a bad argument. Everything's human. Depends on how you see it personally.
I don't need confession from Ichigo. I have confession from Kubo.(especially that she is his light in lst interview)I don't need Ichigo screaming I love Rukia, hints are enough for me.
You think Hime is blind? She knows he doesn't love her because she understands his emotions very well. And why doesn't she CONFESS then? She is clinging and doing nothing else. She can go and tell him except that she doesn't have courage(and she's never had for long) to which makes my theory about her being a bit weak and clingy true and the other possibily is she knows that he doesn't love her which makes my other theory of him not liking her true. Win-win situation for me heh
Quote:
Pretty sure that was pointed out already. She trained with Rukia a bit. She should have trained more. And while she was in her room staring at the moon in HM she could've been practicing. Instead she's just sat there like a boring ass bump on a log.
Amen. Orihime is fun to talk about but so boring to read..
Old 2008-09-27, 06:21   Link #1289
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
given her abilities...is she even able to train on her own?
True, for someone who had to be told what her power really does, I doubt she could train by herself. Her power isn't as straightforward as the others', since it seems to be a new power altogether. I will say, however, that she didn't even try.
Old 2008-09-27, 06:33   Link #1290
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
What's wrong is that it is annoying to watch. Case in point, Shinji (Evangelion).
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-09-27, 07:48   Link #1291
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
True, for someone who had to be told what her power really does, I doubt she could train by herself. Her power isn't as straightforward as the others', since it seems to be a new power altogether. I will say, however, that she didn't even try.
Nobody knew how to use their powers from the start, everyone had to be told. Orihime was told about her powers 100 eps into the series and shortly before being abducted. In fact, the only one who's power is straightforward is Chad, and even he needed a punching bag (Renji) to train. Also, IIRC only Ishida is confirmed to train solo so that doesn't say much about everyone else.

The fact is that Kubo couldn't care less about making Orihime strong. When Orihime sought to become stronger and met Hachigen it was the perfect opportunity to give her a big power-up but instead Kubo made her just a little stronger. When Ichigo gets a power-up his power increases exponentially. These things don't depend on the character's personality but on what the author plans to do with them.

The fact is that Orihime is the only character who hasn't recieved a big power-up since the begining of the series, and it's not because she didn't try.
Old 2008-09-27, 08:19   Link #1292
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
The fact is that Orihime is the only character who hasn't recieved a big power-up since the begining of the series, and it's not because she didn't try.
Was referring to her time in imprisonment :\
Old 2008-09-27, 08:35   Link #1293
Casshern

Quote:
Was referring to her time in imprisonment :\
Ok, fair enough.
Old 2008-09-27, 10:27   Link #1294
kagato3

Quote:
She has been shown to have been training on her own since she got her powers. By the SS she no longer needs to call her atacks. After Urahara told her she was useless she and Rukia trained for a month in SS and it look like she was giveing Rukia a pretty good work out at that time as well. As for massive power boosts she has gone from takeing days to fix a mangled arm, to being able to regrow the whole upper body of someon in seconds.

As for not trying to train while Azein has her. First it's been maybe 3 days tops. Second most of the time someone has been in the room with her. Thridly it is not a very smart move to start practiceing your ablities where you enimies can watch them. Fourly training like that works against the plan she came up with to destroy the orb. Fithly given her powers are based on her will how can we be sure she isn't practiceing, nothing says she has to preform the moves rather then going over them in her head.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-27, 10:56   Link #1295
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
What's wrong is that it is annoying to watch. Case in point, Shinji (Evangelion).
Amen to that.
Old 2008-09-27, 12:25   Link #1296
ulquiorra19

why would you hate her she has not done anything bad
well im watching the anime so idk about the manga
but still what she do?
Old 2008-09-27, 13:02   Link #1297
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulquiorra19 View Post
why would you hate her she has not done anything bad
well im watching the anime so idk about the manga
but still what she do?
She took away nearly 3 years of screen time away from Rukia... *runs away*
Old 2008-09-27, 13:33   Link #1298
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
As for not trying to train while Azein has her. First it's been maybe 3 days tops. Second most of the time someone has been in the room with her. Thridly it is not a very smart move to start practiceing your ablities where you enimies can watch them. Fourly training like that works against the plan she came up with to destroy the orb. Fithly given her powers are based on her will how can we be sure she isn't practiceing, nothing says she has to preform the moves rather then going over them in her head.
I'll have to agree with this one. How many times do you see a POW training while been held captive? xD

Old 2008-09-27, 13:48   Link #1299
lithiumrose

I think you've mistunderstood what i meant HT-san..
when did I ever say she could've trained when she was captured? never. What I meant was that she could've trained during the arrancar arc. of course being told you're useless by a former captain does suck and I would have probably have sulked too. She could have asked rukia to help her instead of rukia offering her. Rukia is orihime's friend and would be more than willing to help. She could of asked Hachi. didn't he say that her powers were superior to his?
Actually, Before the SS arc, orihime was my second favourite character. she was adorable and funny and i saw my self in her. but then kurosaki became a big part of her being. She relied on him to come to her rescue. eg. the yammi fight. when she slapped Ulq i squeeled because I thought she had finally learned to stand up for herself. i definately think she is improving, -> the talk with ulq about where the heart lies. (ulqhime~)
Old 2008-09-27, 14:35   Link #1300
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
She took away nearly 3 years of screen time away from Rukia... *runs away*
yet Rukia is still more popular