Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 13:41   Link #17221
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Why Kallen's father job matters ?
Because while having tell what was Shirley's job, Okouchi or Taniguchi, don't remember, refused to give Kallen's one, thus, it was something spoilerish.
So it wasn't really her relationship with he father, but more who was really her father.

But finally this, as well as Suzaku's link with geass, Kallen's BG (Naoto), Suzaku and Cecile's relationship, was deleted for the actual plot.
So yeah, her father had to be relevant (That's why she mentioned the "slap on the wrist" in S1, cause if you watch R2, while captured...it wasn't only a slap on the wrist)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:18   Link #17222
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Rewatching s1, that was written far way better than R2 even if the quality of animation was worse, I notice that a lot of times Tohdoh is used as an indirect mean of comparison for Zero in a way - stronger morals, weaker energies, stronger dedication, weaker tactics.
Remember the Director's original intent was for Code Geass R2 to retain the same format as S1 before he was forced to change his plans to fit into the younger audience instead of the latenight audience. To me, the change was more like a marketing decision that was made by one of Sunrise Executives to sell more merchandise at a younger demographic. This might have made the creative staff very upset because they were more than halfway at writing out their plans before it went into production.

When I rewatched Code Geass R2 and compared it with S1, if felt as though I was viewing a repeat of season one at times. Especially the first 12 episodes, with the Ashford scenes, which became nothing more than a comic relief. At the time of Lelouch's death, why does he have flashback memories with Rolo, the person who killed Shirley?

It seems that if the production staff wasn't forced to change their plans for R2, it might have been a much better series than what was produced. Perhaps it might be best to write to the Director of Code Geass to encourage Okouchi and Taniguchi to do a novel of what their original plans were for R2, along with more indepth stories that could expand on the other characters. If the novel does well enough, Sunrise could make another Code Geass series that is based on the novel.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:25   Link #17223
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
So yeah, her father had to be relevant (That's why she mentioned the "slap on the wrist" in S1, cause if you watch R2, while captured...it wasn't only a slap on the wrist)
When exactly was this said, I can't find it anywhere?
Old 2008-11-19, 14:28   Link #17224
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Remember the Director's original intent was for Code Geass R2 to retain the same format as S1
mh, but my idea of how Naoto could have positively fit into the show is not addressing only R2. I'd have liked he'd have been there since S1 and people started to mention him.

the point is.. why do even waste a single line of the script in telling that Karen's brother was a leader of a small group of terrorists that then became the core of Zero's army, and never get a single flashback/line of him?
What was the purpose of even mentioning Naoto's character existence? why complicate things when you can keep them simple?

this is one of the major issues of Geass, they just stuff too many things in the plot they never come to realize properly.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:32   Link #17225
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
this is one of the major issues of Geass, they just stuff too many things in the plot they never come to realize properly.
Yeah, like Knight Of Nine, even though they had her in the game, there is no point of having her in the anime.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:34   Link #17226
NyxOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
When exactly was this said, I can't find it anywhere?
The first or second episode of R1, when Kallen's fighting against Jeremiah. She says to Nagata that she'll only get away with a 'slap on the wrist' for what she's done if she gets captured.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 14:59   Link #17227
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
The first or second episode of R1, when Kallen's fighting against Jeremiah. She says to Nagata that she'll only get away with a 'slap on the wrist' for what she's done if she gets captured.
she never says that while fighting jeremia
i cant find it at all
the closest (remotely closest) thing she says is that she'll act as a decoy while ougi gets the civis out of there
Old 2008-11-19, 15:06   Link #17228
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
mh, but my idea of how Naoto could have positively fit into the show is not addressing only R2. I'd have liked he'd have been there since S1 and people started to mention him.

the point is.. why do even waste a single line of the script in telling that Karen's brother was a leader of a small group of terrorists that then became the core of Zero's army, and never get a single flashback/line of him?
What was the purpose of even mentioning Naoto's character existence? why complicate things when you can keep them simple?

First turn of S1 if I remember well; It gave me directly the idea that her father had to be someone important, which was proved by this interview. Though finally it didn't have any importance.
She didn't cared to be captured because of that.

About Naoto, he was planned in Kallen's backgound which had been moved in R2, as they said during S1; But finally they seem to have choose to erase it to totally concentrate Kallen's devellopment toward her relationship with Lelouch.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:20   Link #17229
NyxOne

Well, she says it, blade. I'm sure of it.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:27   Link #17230
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
i just cant find it anywhere
if someone could be so nice as to point it out there's a cookie in it for you
Old 2008-11-19, 15:39   Link #17231
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
She does. Stage 2, 05:13.

"It's fine! I'll run interference while you get these people out! If I get caught, I'll only get a slap on the wrist!"

She says it to Ohgi during the Shinjuki massacre.

*is waiting for his cookie*
Old 2008-11-19, 15:50   Link #17232
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She does. Stage 2, 05:13.

"It's fine! I'll run interference while you get these people out! If I get caught, I'll only get a slap on the wrist!"

She says it to Ohgi during the Shinjuki massacre.

*is waiting for his cookie*
you fail then
she says

i'll act as a decoy
uses this chance to get the civis out
its best if only us the ressistance memebers get captured

but you get a cookie anyway

P.S
tried to
cant get you rep yet (too soon)
so you get an IOU for now
sorry
Old 2008-11-19, 15:53   Link #17233
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you fail then
she says

i'll act as a decoy
uses this chance to get the civis out
its best if only us the ressistance memebers get captured

but you get a cookie anyway

P.S
tried to
cant get you rep yet (too soon)
so you get an IOU for now
sorry
Well, that's what it said in the particular sub I have (Shinsen-Ureshii)
Old 2008-11-19, 15:55   Link #17234
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Well, that's what it said in the particular sub I have (Shinsen-Ureshii)
its wrong
no where does she say anything remotely like "slap on the wrist"
she says watashtachi (meaning us the ressistance)
Old 2008-11-19, 15:56   Link #17235
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

It must be in a fan sub she says that.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:58   Link #17236
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but thats not what she says in japanese
Old 2008-11-19, 16:00   Link #17237
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
but thats not what she says in japanese
But it is where the line came from. If it is a mistranslation, its a mistranslation. But that is where the line came from (and thus, where this whole debate came from).
Old 2008-11-19, 16:01   Link #17238
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
But it is where the line came from. If it is a mistranslation, its a mistranslation. But that is where the line came from (and thus, where this whole debate came from).
good point
Old 2008-11-19, 16:08   Link #17239
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
good point
mistranslation for the lost.
I have the english dub as well thus i go with that for now XD
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:49   Link #17240
darthfury78

Quote:

There was a lot of interesting stuff that was missing in Code Geass R2. To me, the entire season of R2 felt unfinished. For example, there was a few character buildups(Marianne, The Geass Cult, and Milly's revelations for Lelouch) that led to nowhere. Next, after all that Lelouch had fought for, why would he create Zero's Requiem, which is practically committing indirect suicide by Suzaku's hands? The last 13 episodes felt like Lelouch was preparing to kill himself so that he could escape his problems.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote