AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-02-24, 03:20   Link #18221
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
yeah, I noticed. I wouldn't really have cared actually, but honestly, like you said, facts are facts
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 07:05   Link #18222
Levy
differently sober

Ohi ohi, I just don't get why people that are so energetic in denying the obvious don't put the same effort in writing fanfiction, or RPG. There they can destroy and rebuilt whatever you want, and it would be a perfectly fair game.

it was a funny reading, in a way... XD
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 07:22   Link #18223
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
oh lol
Awesome troll #1
Quote:
why so touchy? http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=54714 have you even tried reading that post? all the evidences are there. and omg, i didn’t know that spoon feeding is still here. Not learning from Aristotle i see. Mr. Taniguchi or Okouchi’s words are “god’s words”. RIGHT.
Awesome troll #2
Quote:
even though the guide book contradicts the actual anime so much. really, because the actual anime doesn’t support your shipping you rely on the guide book which actually doesn’t say that your shipping is canon. visit animesuki once in awhile, you’ll learn a thing or two there.
ummm... should I laugh?
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 07:42   Link #18224
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
oh lol
Awesome troll #1

Awesome troll #2
ummm... should I laugh?
/facepalm of the millenium

Ouch it really hurts...
Well...the official side materials told nothing new, I M H O.
Old 2009-02-24, 08:09   Link #18225
Frostfire
No Eyes

These people need to be told that because you see it on the internet does not make it true. The anthropic shit known as the internet is a source of misinformation, and unfortunately, these people were greatly misinformed by their own foolish perceptions of a story that isn't their own over the intended meaning the author had been aiming for.

My brain hurts from reading those posts.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 18:58   Link #18226
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Reading quotes like that is /facepalm especially stating the guidebook contradicts the show itself. It was an official release.

When people visit someone's post on an particular pairing and hate the specific pairing on it that much. Must mean shipping/romance is just to serious for that particular person. It may expand on your horizons but they could at least acknowledge the possibility given everything. If Okouchi(the main writer) states Lelouch is gone then he's gone.

Too bad we'll never hear exactly what Lelouch was thinking about when he was with Kallen during turn 22 other then we know he was sad about it and hiding his feelings.(Don't understand no audio commentary for one of the few Lelouch's OOC moments in the show ).

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-02-24 at 19:54.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 21:15   Link #18227
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Reading quotes like that is /facepalm especially stating the guidebook contradicts the show itself. It was an official release.

When people visit someone's post on an particular pairing and hate the specific pairing on it that much. Must mean shipping/romance is just to serious for that particular person. It may expand on your horizons but they could at least acknowledge the possibility given everything. If Okouchi(the main writer) states Lelouch is gone then he's gone.
What can I say that hasn't been said? Everyone's entitled to their own dumbass opinion, but if you're really going to deny indesputable fact, confirmed by the staff itself, then you're wasting your time, because you're never gonna convince anyone and no one will take you seriously (that may be the case even if you do go by what the staff says )

Quote:
Too bad we'll never hear exactly what Lelouch was thinking about when he was with Kallen during turn 22 other then we know he was sad about it and hiding his feelings. (Don't understand no audio commentary for one of the few Lelouch's OOC moments in the show ).
Maybe the Kalulu reinforcement well has finally run dry.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 21:54   Link #18228
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

Maybe the Kalulu reinforcement well has finally run dry.
Well, I have my opinion on the matter just looking at it from Kallen's POV. Still it would be nice to know why exactly he requested an detour for an example. We know the reason why he did but stil....
Old 2009-02-25, 04:34   Link #18229
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
These people need to be told that because you see it on the internet does not make it true. The anthropic shit known as the internet is a source of misinformation, and unfortunately, these people were greatly misinformed by their own foolish perceptions of a story that isn't their own over the intended meaning the author had been aiming for.

My brain hurts from reading those posts.
Hahaha, making fun of these kinds of people has become among my favourite internet pass times when I am bored. That and poking fun at people who get really worked up over insignificant stuff in their animes and whine about how something is completely ruined just because some character didn't get enough screen time in their minds or something like that.

On one level it is indeed facepalm worthy and sad to see people giving the impression that they have the mental development and maturity of a 4 year old, but on another level it's just kind of funny.

And yes, a lot of anime fans nowadays really have no idea that they aren't the ones calling the shots and neither do they get to decide what should be the proper canon for a show and by extension it's entire demographic of viewers. This is also funny, because they truly believe the buck stops at their opinion and that there's is the word of god and the final say on how an anime should be viewed, rated and interpreted by all. I kind of like to picture them as J. Jonah Jamieson barking orders because they say very similar things:

"No! This writing is garbage, it should have more of character X. Don't ask why, I said so!"

"You can't put that out that way. You should kill off that character and give this one more screen time since he's better! Do it or else the show will be crap"

"I don't like this character, this guy is clearly in the wrong so he needs to be punished for it. Don't ask why, I don't like this guy, his writing sucks, do it now!"

And from experience MAL is kind of full with some really clueless people. I don't refer it to fanboy central for nothing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 05:30   Link #18230
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
What will happen if that troll know my comic?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 08:01   Link #18231
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
What will happen if that troll know my comic?
I am sure he/she will feel semi-justified. 8)
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:07   Link #18232
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I am sure he/she will feel semi-justified. 8)
About what? I'm not so curious to read every otaku monologue.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:56   Link #18233
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
About what? I'm not so curious to read every otaku monologue.
Lol, it was more of an in-joke of mine.

I meant, that those anti-fans of Kallen, that said she is Lelouch's dog literally, might feel a bit justified if they read your comic.
Do not get me wrong, i love your artwork and overall i think you made a great work but in some aspects, KallenxLelouch relationship felt wildly OOC according to me.
Idk, as much as Kallen loves Lelouch, i do not think she would settle to be a house-woman and stuff like this. I can picture her more to be like:
"Look Lelouch, when you decide to clean your underwear on your own, give me a call, i shall be practicing on Guren or something. bb" |DD;
Extreme, but something like this. XD

Generally, Kallen's nature is not like this. When life kicked her around and beat her up when Britania crapped her homeland, she realized she is not a survivor. She is a warrior. And she kept fighting over and over till the death-day shall kick her door. At least, they would take her life but not her pride. {and then Lulu came |DD;}
This is also why she hated her mother's attitude in the beginning, she was acting like a survivor while she is better than this. And Kallen knew it.

And now you're telling me, that Kallen would settle to be Laura in Little House on the Prairie? Not in my mind. |DD;
{like i said, do not get me wrong, i love your art, it is just some Kalulu moments felt "ahhhh" to me. Different perspectives. 8) }
Old 2009-02-25, 13:33   Link #18234
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
got to agree with sky on that one
kallen growing out of her tsundere phase is a good character development
but i cant really picture her as a Yamato Nadeshiko character (which she almost is in the comics)
Old 2009-02-25, 13:40   Link #18235
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

In my comic Kallen lost the Guren, but she never stop to be a soldier, she's a government agent and Lelouch's bodyguard, forever, just with passion added because she changed cause psycological trauma (mother's death and hearing all the truth by C.C)
If you remember the last part of my comic, she speak with Sayoko hiding a gun.

Seems a house-woman, it's true, but after all Lelouch is blind and cripple, and they must to live like normal citizens and she made a promise to her mother, to return the same girl she was before the war.

If you analyze all my plot, I created every situation to justify characters changing.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:55   Link #18236
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
In my comic Kallen lost the Guren, but she never stop to be a soldier, she's a government agent and Lelouch's bodyguard, forever, just with passion added because she changed cause psycological trauma (mother's death and hearing all the truth by C.C)
If you remember the last part of my comic, she speak with Sayoko hiding a gun.

Seems a house-woman, it's true, but after all Lelouch is blind and cripple, and they must to live like normal citizens and she made a promise to her mother, to return the same girl she was before the war.

If you analyze all my plot, I created every situation to justify characters changing.
It's kind all of OOC-ish to me.
I mean, Lelouch and Kallen having sex because the Mel Gibson movie might have been boring or something? |DDD;
It is not the settings that put me off, it is the actions.

I would think it would be more in character, having a concept where Kallen gets back in the house and Lelouch is making eggs, and she is like "LELOUCH. BEDROOM. NAO."
Lelouch: "..ah, hai."
|DDDDD;

Seriously, think of it like a statue, that has been in the same place for years. Weather changes its shape and its original form, but the core is still the same. You can still point out on it, and recognize its qualites.
I just, at some point, did not recognize Kallen any more. It is one thing to change gradually and another to have kinda a lobotomy. 8D

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-02-25 at 14:09.
Old 2009-02-25, 14:48   Link #18237
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Oh, she was habit about it, after all she had a double life performing two different mentality, like Lelouch.

After all, look the women in the reality too, they can change their feelings in a single night.
Old 2009-02-25, 19:19   Link #18238
Nobodyman9
Banned

@bonzo and sky: Don't worry about it so much. After all, it's just a fanfic (a very good fanfic, but still a fanfic) and there's nothing wrong with characters being a little OOC. I mean, hell, half the cast of CG went OOC at the end of R2.
Old 2009-02-25, 19:41   Link #18239
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

However, I'll draw another mini-manga to explain better a part of my psychology.

After put children to sleep, Kallen will go to make a shower, during that time period, Lelouch will have a important dialogue with C.C and Kallen too, with herself.
This will give a answer for all the Incorrupt's doubts
Old 2009-02-25, 20:06   Link #18240
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
However, I'll draw another mini-manga to explain better a part of my psychology.

After put children to sleep, Kallen will go to make a shower, during that time period, Lelouch will have a important dialogue with C.C and Kallen too, with herself.
This will give a answer for all the Incorrupt's doubts
LOL, well if you insist.

I'm glad one good thing came of this discussion