Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 17:31   Link #19241
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I have an question. I don't think this has been asked before.

Is it possible that the BKs could think that Kallen is under Lelouch's geass for Zero after the series. They did suspect her during turn 19. Looking at the ending, when Kallen stated "That is Zero". Shouldn't Toudou for example believe she could be under geass. Since she should know that since Lelouch was Zero. In no way that the Zero that showed up could be well Zero since Lelouch was Zero. Even though I don't think so. Just wondering if its possible.

I just thought about something about Lelouch/Kallen taking the spoilers and additional info together. Can't believe I never thought about this before(Someone else probably did already though). I wonder should I post it here or wait till one day if the RT opens up again?

Well, like what kind of Geass? Kallen-Zero-fanatic or what? It does not make really sense.

And that line, was metaphorical, it did not show any Toudou surprise after her reply or anything. That line, represented Kallen's understanding, that Lelouch in the end, was the man she fell in love with and was an ally of justice indeed. She was the Zero she always believed in.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:33   Link #19242
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Are you serious? I mean, i totally understand someone liking Minmay... But Misa? MISA MISA? But to be honest, i have a very biased opinion against the kira team.

And you can BET ON IT that i get the HSM reference... But it's not like it's something to brag about... Really.

About the Kallen haven, well, i found AS looking for Kallen pics and other stuff, then i started to stalk the board for a while and finally made my account, so Kallen is the one who brought me here and her fans is the reason for my stay, hehe.

But it's not like i was searching for Xanadu for Kallen fans, since Kallen get a lot of love in brazilian boards(almost on the same grounds as CC. But i think Shirley is the most popular girl here. Everyone seems to love her, hehe.) It's more because i found the people here very interesting and that totally hooked me.

yvj: epik. i like to think i am an intellectual kalulu, hehe
Ahh well done, well done...maybe I shall continue to make of this night...a night to remember...?
Or maybe I should just...walk away

(Ahahahahahaha we suck Kid, really XD)

(Misa was so cute, totally devoted to Light without asking for anything in exchange...and in the end...)
And lol i'm a Light fan, so it couldn't be helped

When it comes to Kallen's popularity, well if I remember what Kang said, she is the most popular in Korea as well...In France I think it's more C.C. (though I stopped watching french boards, As is more than enough), even though, from what I saw during a Convention, Kallen seemed pretty popular (actually there, she seemed way more popular that C.C. XD But it was because people ROCKED)
For Shirley, I have yet to see someone who hate her (though she was hated in season 1 lol , how dare she kissed LELOUCH !!) besides rabid yaoi and het shippers, but I guess that's why she is rarely the most popular.

She is more of a girl you don't hate and you don't love, she is nice, you appreciate her, but I guess it's easier to have the hots for a main chara that for Shirley.

And BTW, I didn't want to brought it in Shirley's thread cause it would have been OT, but Kallen seemed to be the most popular girl in Ashford (the frail girl myth...)...from what we saw during cat chase, whole club were running after Arthur to get a kiss from her :x
And if I rememeber well, in Side stories, Lelouch was teasing her her about her popularity. (Lol it was even used again in C.C.'s dream in thise story in NewType...)

(Heh, Kalulu was SO hinted in every way possible :P)

Son : Had Kallen been under Lelouch's geass she would have follow him, and it didn't happen. i don't think they really thought about tht when it comes to her, but in Turn 19, on the heat of the moment.

(Post it here !)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:34   Link #19243
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I know what it meant from Kallen(that's obvious). I was trying to look it at from Toudou's POV. Like maybe what he was thinking about when she said that. I suppose maybe an geass regarding Zero in some way. Again, I'm not sure what type of geass it could be though. Just in case, I already know its makes no sense just wondering if its possible.
Old 2009-05-16, 17:42   Link #19244
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I know what it meant from Kallen(that's obvious). I was trying to look it at from Toudou's POV. Like maybe what he was thinking about when she said that. I suppose maybe an geass regarding Zero in some way. Again, I'm not sure what type of geass it could be though.

If she was under his Geass or something, she would follow him no matter what, a total pawn. So yes, there is no argument about that.

Quote:
I have an question. I don't think this has been asked before.

Is it possible that the BKs could think that Kallen is under Lelouch's geass for Zero after the series. They did suspect her during turn 19. Looking at the ending, when Kallen stated "That is Zero". Shouldn't Toudou for example believe she could be under geass. Since she should know that since Lelouch was Zero. In no way that the Zero that showed up could be well Zero since Lelouch was Zero. Even though I don't think so. Just wondering if its possible.

I just thought about something about Lelouch/Kallen taking the spoilers and additional info together. Can't believe I never thought about this before(Someone else probably did already though). I wonder should I post it here or wait till one day if the RT opens up again?

And also, that line there, was mostly about, KallenxLelouch--moment. It tied loose ends, about what Lelouch told her in Turn 2, in relevance with her heart and will, being all her property when she asked him, if she was under his Geass.
Come to think of it, there are tons of KallenxLelouch moments, that do tie loose ends in the span of series. Nice. 8D
Old 2009-05-16, 17:47   Link #19245
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I was thinking about Zero and Kallen not anything regarding Lelouch. Like what if Toudou or someone believed that Lelouch used an geass on Kallen telling her to believe/approve of Zero(not Lelouch) no matter what.

Is it possible that someone within the BK could believe this? This is one of those "what if" speculations. I don't believe it just happened to cross my mind today.
Old 2009-05-16, 17:56   Link #19246
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Even if they do, what are they going to do about it? They're in no position to call out the new Zero, because he's a hero to the world by killing Lelouch. Whatever they believe, they just have to swallow their pride and deal with it.
Old 2009-05-16, 18:17   Link #19247
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the one with the geass is lelouch
considering that the new zero killed him (and that the OOBK dont know it was by his own will) i doubt they would suspect kallen as being geassed to serve lelouch's murderer
Old 2009-05-16, 18:23   Link #19248
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the one with the geass is lelouch
considering that the new zero killed him (and that the OOBK dont know it was by his own will) i doubt they would suspect kallen as being geassed to serve lelouch's murderer

Black Knights probably thought, the "new Zero" was someone kick-ass-run-fast-person, that decided to take Zero's legend in srs bzness or something. I doubt, they looked further than this.
They all went on with their lives, and they could care less, about anything else, they way i saw it.
Old 2009-05-17, 08:01   Link #19249
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i am really hating the dubbed version
in ep 19 they actually make it sound like kallen ISNT planning on staying by his side during that scene
"i need an answer lelouch, what do i mean to you, i have to know"
"if i could stay with you i would"
which is missing the whole point of the scene
in the origial she is saying she would stay regardless, and just wants to know the truth before she dies (which is why he pulls off the asshole act)
here it sounds like she's planning on walking away, and since this is the last time they would get to talk (since he'll be dead) then...
which renders the whole "you must live on" pointless

the voice acteress is also really starting to grate on my nerves
she just doesnt have the emotional range for the character
she can pass for kallen when she's all tough and badass but when she gets emotional she falls flat
ami koshimizu FTW
Old 2009-05-17, 09:23   Link #19250
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

To be honest, I agree with blade on this one, the dub is not all bad, but Kallen's voice actress just does not emote as well during those emotional scenes. She is a professional so some criticism is not out of place, she is paid to do the job after all.

The discussion fits, this is the Kallen thread after all and blade is not talking about other characters, just Kallen.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 09:26   Link #19251
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i am really hating the dubbed version
in ep 19 they actually make it sound like kallen ISNT planning on staying by his side during that scene
"i need an answer lelouch, what do i mean to you, i have to know"
"if i could stay with you i would"
which is missing the whole point of the scene
in the origial she is saying she would stay regardless, and just wants to know the truth before she dies (which is why he pulls off the asshole act)
here it sounds like she's planning on walking away, and since this is the last time they would get to talk (since he'll be dead) then...
which renders the whole "you must live on" pointless

the voice acteress is also really starting to grate on my nerves
she just doesnt have the emotional range for the character

she can pass for kallen when she's all tough and badass but when she gets emotional she falls flat
ami koshimizu FTW

Just because, the japanese dub, might be the most accurate and well, probably the best, since the seiyuus do work with the original creators and grasp the understanding of character, better than anyone else, does not automatically means "english dub is for trash."
What you said, is really plain rude and impolite. You have every right to dislike something, but at the same time you have to at least show respect, because it is a professional work, that takes time and effort. Be considerate of this.

Amisuke yes, is an amazing VA {since Anemone era}, a very prominent one, for the following years, but the fact, we do hold her on a certain pedestal, does not mean, we have to discard the counter-part of Kallen, in US dub. They are professionals, they certainly know better than us, and bashing them like this, is just...ehhh. Again, disliking something, is alright. But clear "suck-flag" is totally, totally a bad thing to see going around.

Old 2009-05-17, 09:30   Link #19252
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
To be honest, I agree with blade on this one, the dub is not all bad, but Kallen's voice actress just does not emote as well during those emotional scenes. She is a professional so some criticism is not out of place, she is paid to do the job after all.

The discussion fits, this is the Kallen thread after all and blade is not talking about other characters, just Kallen.
No. The Dub is horrid. Lelouch is all wrong... Not a fan of the Kallen voice either.

Of course, I hate every Dub with a passion except Cowboy Bebops which is pretty good (but still not as good as the Subs.) So I am probably too bias to say much of anything. XD
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 09:33   Link #19253
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Yes, yes you are Honestly the dub is not omg horrible, Lelouch really just takes some getting use to. I mainly just have the problem with Kallen.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 09:35   Link #19254
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I mostly agree with sky here, even though I believe there are some huge exceptions.
For example, you will never hear me say a good word about certain German dubs, like the one from Naruto. I simply refuse to believe that someone put an actual effort into that.
The English CG dub, however, is quite decent. Not nearly as good as the original, in my opinion, but I can live with it. I don't really remember Kallen's voice, but the ones from Lelouch and Clovis (well, mostly Clovis, I admit xD) were nice enough, so I'd say they didn't just drag people from some random shopping mall in and did it in 2 seconds (which I secretly believe is the case with the German Naruto dub).
Old 2009-05-17, 09:41   Link #19255
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I mostly agree with sky here, even though I believe there are some huge exceptions.
For example, you will never hear me say a good word about certain German dubs, like the one from Naruto. I simply refuse to believe that someone put an actual effort into that.
The English CG dub, however, is quite decent. Not nearly as good as the original, in my opinion, but I can live with it. I don't really remember Kallen's voice, but the ones from Lelouch and Clovis (well, mostly Clovis, I admit xD) were nice enough, so I'd say they didn't just drag people from some random shopping mall in and did it in 2 seconds (which I secretly believe is the case with the German Naruto dub).
But i am not a dub lover either {certain episodes of Evangelion dub, made my head hurt a bit for example} but i do show respect, because it takes effort and time.
Disliking and point out a flaw, according to you, about something, is totally acceptable.
But saying "JAPANESE SEIYUU FTW" in the end of "criticism"-post is not exactly..well, mannerly, the way i see it.
Unless i miss the part, where freedom of speech, allows everyone to say everything, even if they are not expertise in that field. Pardon, not "say", "bash."
Old 2009-05-17, 10:07   Link #19256
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
But i am not a dub lover either {certain episodes of Evangelion dub, made my head hurt a bit for example} but i do show respect, because it takes effort and time.
Disliking and point out a flaw, according to you, about something, is totally acceptable.
But saying "JAPANESE SEIYUU FTW" in the end of "criticism"-post is not exactly..well, mannerly, the way i see it.
Unless i miss the part, where freedom of speech, allows everyone to say everything, even if they are not expertise in that field. Pardon, not "say", "bash."
Which is why I say I mostly agree.
However, as someone who has listened to the German Naruto dub once too often, I'll say that not everything someone makes up deserves respect. In this case, I won't blame the person they dragged in from the shopping mall, but the ones who actually did the dragging. They just ruined the show. And no, that's not an exaggeration... in the German Naruto, not only is the dub evil, but they also changed the plot and dialogues. People fall into an eternal sleep and get captured or sent to the Kingdom of Sand instead of dying, the pronounciation of the names hurt (Sasuke), and the only ones who happily watch it are really small children. It would still be all right, because yeah, Freedom of Speech is awesome... but they get paid for it.
Which is why I really appreciate the Code Geass dub. Yes, I totally fangirl the Japanese one... but as long as people make an effort, I won't complain.
Old 2009-05-17, 10:12   Link #19257
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Which is why I say I mostly agree.
However, as someone who has listened to the German Naruto dub once too often, I'll say that not everything someone makes up deserves respect. In this case, I won't blame the person they dragged in from the shopping mall, but the ones who actually did the dragging. They just ruined the show. And no, that's not an exaggeration... in the German Naruto, not only is the dub evil, but they also changed the plot and dialogues. People fall into an eternal sleep and get captured or sent to the Kingdom of Sand instead of dying, the pronounciation of the names hurt (Sasuke), and the only ones who happily watch it are really small children. It would still be all right, because yeah, Freedom of Speech is awesome... but they get paid for it.
Which is why I really appreciate the Code Geass dub. Yes, I totally fangirl the Japanese one... but as long as people make an effort, I won't complain.

I just do not like seeing statements like "fff, that one gets on my nerves and because i know the chara better and i have studied her for years, according to my analysis, that one fails on being her VA". And the "campaigning va"-ftw-lines, can totally pull a knee-jerk reaction of me.
Might be me though. Each one rolls differently. Anyway, moving on ~
Old 2009-05-17, 10:22   Link #19258
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Just because, the japanese dub, might be the most accurate and well, probably the best, since the seiyuus do work with the original creators and grasp the understanding of character, better than anyone else, does not automatically means "english dub is for trash."
What you said, is really plain rude and impolite. You have every right to dislike something, but at the same time you have to at least show respect, because it is a professional work, that takes time and effort. Be considerate of this.

and now for something completely different

is kalulu an actual good pairing for kallen
while this is an odd topic to be raised by a long time kalulu fan such as myself, i have the following points to raise
1)kallen, despite being one of the most badass action girls i have seen in years, is seen crying (or at least in tears) more then any other code geass character (possibly combined)
the times that i can recall ATM are stage 9 and 25, turns4,7,19,21,24,25
she is even shown shedding tears in the first R2 intro song (which i wont include in the count, since its just an OP)
2)and in by far most of these events, lelouch is the cause for her tears
and its not mearly that he CAUSED those tears, but that he did so by lying using and manipulating her and, later on, by stepping on her feelings and her trust in him in as brutal a manner as can be (ep 22 is a good example, and ironiclly its one case where she doesnt actually cry)

had ZERO-R not came to pass, would kallen really be well off with a guy who makes her cry more often then not ?
Old 2009-05-17, 10:25   Link #19259
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
you are well aware that i did not say "english dub is for trash."
i said quite clearly that i am starting to hate it (personal opinion)
and i gave my reasons which are primerly (which is why its the first thing i mentioned) the re-phrasing and changing of dialoge that i find to be changing the context of the original
and i especially disliked it becosue it took one of my favorite scenes and ruined it (IMO)
i also dont like kallen's VA, but again, its only MY opinion about it

and now that i'm done bitching at sky
i would like to talk about something completly different

You actually pressed in-directly, two of my buttons about courtesy-respect, and i just had to reply like this. But anyway, let us leave it here, each one rolls differently.

{you call that bitching btw, try better. 8DD}

As for your post, one comment:: You just in-directly gave Kagino fans, a bone to work with. Haha. |DD
Old 2009-05-17, 10:27   Link #19260
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

whats a kagino ?
is that some kind of mushroom ?
becosue i'm sure i would have remembered if it was a ship that exists in anything that happens in the show proper