AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-16, 00:58   Link #21
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
OP and ED subs! And they fit the subject matter of this soothing cosmic romance !

So Shiori isn’t from space but an island that was infected by a microorganism that came down with a meteor and gave everyone and their offspring psychic powers? That lets them speak telepathically and induce physical reactions in their spouses ?
The infection story of the island's legend sounds as it is coming out of Higanjima manga, which leads to bad outcome. The legend of girl meeting a falling star sounds as it is coming out of Narutaru manga, which leads to bad bad outcome. Nevertheless, I don't think Otonari is going to disappoint people in the similar ways. Otonari ni Ginga also has NHK drama adaption. The manga artist's previous work, Sweetness and Lightning, has easygoing vibe.

Shiroi believes Ichiro's sudden fever is due to their isolation. It doesn't sound convincing, but he does get better when she is near him. Nevertheless, he will get sick if he continues to work that way.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-04-16 at 01:09.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 01:03   Link #22
Lex79

So the heroine isn't actually an alien, but her condition still has enough quirks to give the protagonist an hard time.
Old 2023-04-16, 05:25   Link #23
ryllharu

The supernatural element going on actually ruins the premise for me. I'd be more forgiving of a cozy cohabitation romance series without a Forcing Function to dodge around realistic character and plot development. I'm going to drop it here.

There's dozens of other series that do "accidental/arranged forced marriage that ends up growing into love" with supernatural elements that are more compelling. There's a difference between cozy and dull, and this one is the latter.

I did like the little sister's character, even if she came off as very responsible and adult. It made sense because her older brother is a doofus. Kuno Misaki might finally have a peer at voicing kids super well in Endou Rina.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 10:25   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The infection story of the island's legend sounds as it is coming out of Higanjima manga, which leads to bad outcome. The legend of girl meeting a falling star sounds as it is coming out of Narutaru manga, which leads to bad bad outcome. Nevertheless, I don't think Otonari is going to disappoint people in the similar ways. Otonari ni Ginga also has NHK drama adaption. The manga artist's previous work, Sweetness and Lightning, has easygoing vibe.

Shiroi believes Ichiro's sudden fever is due to their isolation. It doesn't sound convincing, but he does get better when she is near him. Nevertheless, he will get sick if he continues to work that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
So the heroine isn't actually an alien, but her condition still has enough quirks to give the protagonist an hard time.
How much does the Japanese government know about the autonomous island of psychic Mutants with their own royal family ?
Old 2023-04-16, 13:31   Link #25
grecefar

well that was more complicated than I thought, but hey it doesn't stop the fluff.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 17:31   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. A friend showed me a crossower chapter of Grand Blue manga that parodied this. Now I can't unsee it

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-04-17 at 12:01.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 19:44   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Sure is a creepy disease.
Old 2023-04-17, 11:12   Link #28
Magewolf

The whole alien parasite marry or die thing actually detracts from the show in my opinion. Why not just have her be an alien princess who came to earth because she likes manga? And then let the relationship go from there in a less forced way.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 14:05   Link #29
Frontier

Katsuyuki Konishi and Rie Kugimiya, is that you!? Though Shiori bingeing Shonen manga in bed in her jammies is decidedly a cute contrast .

I guess it makes sense the pair would want to test their connection and the limits to it...which then dovetails into Shiori just asking Ichiro to help act out every Shojo manga staple. And they're just as effective for the both of them! Of course the kids walk in right when they're doing the kabedon .

Ichiro being reminded that he's writing a Shojo manga, so he has to focus back on the romance. I feel like Ichiro is more at home doing action or Shonen stuff despite having his big break with Shojo, though I guess that makes sense after we found out how he got trained .

A sensible adult who wants to write a new story? Um...good luck with that, Shiori .

Shiori is proper and polite to a fault! To the point of going well out of her way to greet all her neighbors and even give them gifts! She even ends up writing them formal letters! If nothing else you have to respect her sincerity and dedication, along with her desire to make friends .

Chihiro sure knows the residents quite well .

Momkuri is married to a Yoko Hikasa hottie!? And she's the siblings' older sister figure, having known Ichiro since childhood? She's even the artist of Shiori's favorite Shonen manga and taught Ichiro what he knows!? Wow! And it looks like she's going to teach Shiori to draw digitally to help her with her own art. Momokura is a really nice, attractive, and likeable gal !

Shiori can't help but feeling insecure about how close Ichiro is with another woman...and that insecurity is obviously jealousy, and why else would she be jealous if she wasn't in love with Ichiro? And that revelation puts her on cloud 9 and completely uplifts her feelings, which Ichiro (and the audience) can't help but find adorable. Girls tend to be even prettier when they're in love after all .
Old 2023-04-22, 19:55   Link #30
grecefar

well, that was a quick confession.

machi is the best character.
Old 2023-04-22, 20:37   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Dude pretending to be a woman writing shoujo, woman pretending to be a man writing shounen. Pretty common I imagine.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 04:04   Link #32
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Womans writing shonens are indeed common and a lot of them don't even pretend to be male, though, I cannot remember any actual famous male shoujo mangakas from the top of my head (a lot of ones writing more serious GL though).

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-04-23 at 04:46.
Old 2023-04-23, 04:40   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My point wasn't that there are women and men writing shounen and shoujo respectively (obviously there are), but a lot of mangaka pretending to be men or women to meet less resistance from readers. Though that's certainly less of an issue than it used to be - for women writing shounen. Openly male shoujo mangaka do exist but I suspect there are a lot of men with female pen names dropping shoujo.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 12:40   Link #34
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Womans writing shonens are indeed common and a lot of them don't even pretend to be male, though, I cannot remember any actual famous male shoujo mangakas from the top of my head (a lot of ones writing more serious GL though).
Demon Slayer for one, I believe.
Old 2023-04-23, 13:08   Link #35
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Demon Slayer authors gender is actually unknown but most of the people say it is a woman.
Old 2023-04-23, 15:02   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

I can't imagine caring about an author's gender. Just write something good.
Old 2023-04-29, 14:18   Link #37
Frontier

Too bad about bad weather ruining the Kuga Family outing to the zoo, you can tell how disappointed Machi and Fumio are...though Ichiro has enough on his mind figuring out what to do about Shiori after she confessed to him .

Meanwhile Shiori is honing her craft by...basically drawing the man she loves constantly. Oh yeah, she's head over heels. And she's utterly adorable reflecting on their past interaction knowing she's in love with him now. She really thought she was in a Heisei era Shojo romance that takes 10 volumes before they get together when she was really in a Reiwa era Shojo romance where they confess and get together in the first few episodes. I think the God of Shojo manga came through for her this time .

These two act like nothing happened even though internally they're barely holding it together around each other, but luckily Shiori was able to shift her focus to bonding with and getting to know her future siblings-in-law !

Of course it doesn't start off on the right foot when Shiori accidentally rips the tarot card Machi uses to tell fortunes, especially since they were hand-drawn by Ichiro, but that just makes Shiori more committed to making up for it by helping Ichiro make new ones for Machi. She even forgets why she originally wanted to go to the library in the first place because she was so focsed on the books for Machi. Her absentmindedness just makes her cuter !

Wow, Shiori went all out! Putting together a whole fortunetelling and costume set up for Machi! Embarrassing as it is, it also leads Ichiro to tell his little bro and sis that he'll support whatever future they see for themselves. Shiori is a great big sis and Ichiro is a great big bro !

Ichiro is an honest and awkward guy, willing to bear with the pain of basically rejecting Shiori because he doesn't feel like he can commit to a relationship with her under the present circumstances...except not because he actually confesses and asks her out!? And she says yes!? Dang, this really is a Reiwa romance !

Shiori passing out because her heart can't take it any more was the perfect place to end the episode .
Old 2023-04-29, 16:38   Link #38
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 20:22   Link #39
grecefar

I didn't saw that coming and we are in chapter 4.

Well this is good too, lookinf foward how they develop.
Old 2023-04-29, 21:13   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dang, Shiori is so conservative and wholesome that I wasn't expecting her in such a sexy bikini or lounging so seductively .

She's absolutely gorgeous though .

Tags
romance, supernatural