AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 44 66.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-27, 14:10   Link #81
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Gilgamesh used Enkidu on Herakles, and that's his most prized possession right next to Ea, so I don't see why he would be against also using the latter against Herakles (who isn't slow at all, by the way).
Yeah, I guess he'd use Ea, though he probably wouldn't die from that, maybe once or twice...
Old 2014-10-27, 14:29   Link #82
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, um, even Gilgamesh can't defeat him easily.
Unlimited Blade Works says otherwise...all Gilgamesh did was open the Gates and just stood there while Berserker was torn to pieces before being finished off by a few more. I mean his gate DOES have A++ rank weapons no?

Quote:
Gilgamesh used Enkidu on Herakles, and that's his most prized possession right next to Ea, so I don't see why he would be against also using the latter against Herakles (who isn't slow at all, by the way).
Gilgamesh also used Enkidu on Iskander right before he reached him.

Quote:
Prior to watching Fate Zero, what made Ilya turned out to be like that? She has this sadistic look now. Is there going to be an explanation on how a sweet girl turned out be the way she is?
Probably being abandoned by Kirei and her mother for 10 years. Then you add on the pressure that the Eizenberg family makes a cold hearted person.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:34   Link #83
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Probably being abandoned by Kirei and her mother for 10 years. Then you add on the pressure that the Eizenberg family makes a cold hearted person.
I didn't know Kirei was also Ilya's guardian
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:46   Link #84
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Unlimited Blade Works says otherwise...all Gilgamesh did was open the Gates and just stood there while Berserker was torn to pieces before being finished off by a few more. I mean his gate DOES have A++ rank weapons no?
I said he couldn't kill him easily, not that it was impossible for him. Despite the constant wounds, Berserker still tanked through every weapon Gilgamesh struck him with and broke through Enkidu, which should've been effectively impossible due to Berserker's high divinity (as Enkidu becomes stronger the higher a Servant's divinity rank is), and still managed to move even after his last death, sheerly for the sake of Ilya.

So even though he had an easier time than most, Gilgamesh still had difficulty actually putting Herakles down. The movie severely altered that battle to make it a lot easier, but in the VN and presumably this anime, it wasn't nearly so simple a task.
Old 2014-10-27, 15:10   Link #85
ImperialKnight

Quote:
I said he couldn't kill him easily, not that it was impossible for him. Despite the constant wounds, Berserker still tanked through every weapon Gilgamesh struck him with and broke through Enkidu, which should've been effectively impossible due to Berserker's high divinity (as Enkidu becomes stronger the higher a Servant's divinity rank is), and still managed to move even after his last death, sheerly for the sake of Ilya.

So even though he had an easier time than most, Gilgamesh still had difficulty actually putting Herakles down. The movie severely altered that battle to make it a lot easier, but in the VN and presumably this anime, it wasn't nearly so simple a task.
Could it be because he's actually a "Demi-god" so he's not really a god to begin with which is why the chains wouldn't hold him down as strong?

It'll be interesting to see how Berserker fights against Gilgamesh this time around though.

Quote:
I didn't know Kirei was also Ilya's guardian
Sorry my bad
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:37   Link #86
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Could it be because he's actually a "Demi-god" so he's not really a god to begin with which is why the chains wouldn't hold him down as strong?
That's not how it works in Type-MOON. Gilgamesh and Iskander are also demi-gods, and Enkidu worked very well on Iskander. Iskander couldn't move at all through Enkidu, and he had a Divinity rank of C. Herakles' Divinity rank is A--and he still managed to break through those chains.
Old 2014-10-27, 16:31   Link #87
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

You veteran F/SN watchers may not need it as much as I do, but I've made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the six main characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. I'll add more characters if the official site adds more pics of them in its "characters" section.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 17:35   Link #88
Mcfart

Great episode. Would be a 7/10, since the music was lacking, but dat Rin/Illya battle! NEW CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 17:45   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The game already established that Berserker managed to achieve the impossible when he broke Enkidu. Sometimes, things happen that have no rhyme nor reason, such is the nature of miracles.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 18:42   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone to please keep your conversations in episode threads restricted to the episode itself. There's a general speculation thread, and the potential to create new threads, but please don't make episode threads like "weekly chat". Just because spoilers are allowed doesn't mean you can go off-topic.
Old 2014-10-27, 19:09   Link #91
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
It's a mythological nod to him breaking Prometheus' chain. He's the god who can beat other gods.

Anyway...

I'm surprised that Saber didn't say anything about Iri (to Ilya)
Old 2014-10-27, 22:23   Link #92
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I was speculating about that as well, whether things would have changed if Saber outright said that Kiritsugu was her Master and that Iri was with her a lot of the time. But I realized that Illya may or may not make her pursuit of Shirou even more aggressive and even decide to end Saber real fast.
Shirou knowing about Kiritsugu as a Master should change things and lean a bit to HF where he would actively try to find out why Kiritsugu rejected the Grail even though he got it and he had a wish to stop conflict/save the world.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 00:07   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Out of curiosity, what WOULD she say to Illya about Irisviel?
Old 2014-10-28, 00:55   Link #94
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Honestly, this was the best thing about the episode. I have seen Shirou haters convert in this one. Probably because Shirou was actively made to understand he is of no help at the moment (Heck, Rin says "the three of us" not counting Shirou and I liked that) while not overbearing it to make him like a real unlikable character. The body language, and the directing emphasized his weakness. Then instead of moaning about it for a while, he picks himself up regardless and heads straight. He is given a legitimate reason of being a broken person due to the fire and overpraising Kiritsugu rather than his default personality being a whinny little teen or "girls can't fight". Heck, he's not even given a superpower that's normally granted on the protag's first fight. All what he did was sense Archer's backstabbing attack and haphazardly warn Saber by running up to her rather than calling to her because he has no sense of self.

All that, fixes the notion of Shirou being a shit protagonist. All what was needed was careful use of his character. Sasuga ufotable.
That was actually just an issue with Fate only because Nasu felt no other way to remind people that Saber is a girl than have Shirou keep saying it. He had trouble writing the romance because of Saber's gender flip which is why Fate is poorly written compared to the other 2.
Old 2014-10-28, 01:39   Link #95
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I think she's hiding the fact that she remembers the last War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Out of curiosity, what WOULD she say to Illya about Irisviel?
This. The only thing Saber could tell Illya about Iri that she would matter at this junction is how much she loved Kiritsugu, which she would never do, considering how they both think the last War ended.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 01:44   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I think she's hiding the fact that she remembers the last War.
She mentioned last episode that this wasn't the first time she'd been summoned to this time period, so that's a negative.
Old 2014-10-28, 03:00   Link #97
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"Hey there, enemy that stands in my way of getting the holy grail. Let me tell you about your mother who died for the sake of that man we both hate so much."

Yeah I'm not sure any sort of conversation is going to work.
Old 2014-10-28, 03:29   Link #98
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

As cool and flashy as the battle looks in this show so far, I still can't scrap the feeling that Zero's direction for the fights was better. You still felt the raw power of the servants without it going into DBZ mode style action. Part of what attracted me so much about the action in the VN is that it was much more methodical than just pew pew, bang bang. I really enjoyed the Saber Lancer fight in episode 4 of Zero in comparison to all the fights we've seen so far here. I also feel this is going to harm the portrayal of Shirou fighting against servants throughout the story because it just wouldn't make sense for him to be able to keep up with the servants in any capacity so far as shown. Kuzuki destroying Saber later on won't make much sense either (Even if she got caught off guard), but this is way beyond the capabilities of humans.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 03:57   Link #99
Mcfart

Quote:
She mentioned last episode that this wasn't the first time she'd been summoned to this time period, so that's a negative.
That's general knowledge. Servants aren't supposed to remember details of their last summonings, but since Saber's
Spoiler:
, then she is able to remember all of her previous summonings. So that's why she wants to keep it secret.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 04:33   Link #100
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Buuuut. She just admitted that it wasn't the first time, so it's NOT a secret.