AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-27, 21:44   Link #1
MookieC

Can somebody elaborate on how "The Gate" explains...

Humonculi and lost body parts?

We know that there is another world, but what happens in the above situation?

also, do we know yet what exactly is within the gate? (not on the other side, actually the force within)

Last edited by MookieC; 2004-09-27 at 21:59.
Old 2004-09-27, 23:24   Link #2
MookieC

My apologies for my redundant redundancy
Old 2004-09-30, 21:13   Link #3
babbitblob

homunculus: the way i see it, their 'souls' are made from their original intended body [see wrath before his... change to evil] and/or a mash of souls from the other side, which are all dead, hence the hate all the homunculus seem to be full of <_<

body parts: stuck in the gate, in neither world.

inside the gate: the souls of our world, and the sacrificed materials from htransmutation etc.
Old 2004-10-01, 07:00   Link #4
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
So the eyes, we see inside would be the souls...

What about the hands? It doesn't make much sense to me if the souls would pull you inside the gate.

At the begining the hands took the sacrificed materials (also body parts of Ed as the high price binding his brothers soul and revive his mother), later Dante can actualy open the gate with this baby. Dunno how this works...
Old 2004-10-01, 22:56   Link #5
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!ranha
So the eyes, we see inside would be the souls...

What about the hands? It doesn't make much sense to me if the souls would pull you inside the gate.

At the begining the hands took the sacrificed materials (also body parts of Ed as the high price binding his brothers soul and revive his mother), later Dante can actualy open the gate with this baby. Dunno how this works...
you see when you are freshly born as a baby your closer to the gate since your soul mind and body havent completely formed yet thus withe the aid of the baby the gate can be opened at will. Ed learned the complete truth instead of the partial truth he had been shown so now he has the ability to access the full power of alchemy unlike dante he should be all powerful if he were able to access the full power.
Old 2004-10-01, 23:55   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I always wondered... opening the Gate is not really alchemy right? You don't lose anything nor do you gain anything, nothing got transmuted by bringing the Gate. It's more like just a Gate spell?

About the homunculi and things, I guess the Gate connects to the "underworld" (Hades, Hell, Land of Dead) of our world, so there are dead souls inside, and they all want to get out... and they are hungry for living flesh...
Old 2004-10-02, 20:28   Link #7
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Thanks for your answer, Lunas. I guess someone (in the anime) mentioned that before, I just didn't remember.

I think it's strange that the PS is made out of FMA-souls and the "normal" Alchemy uses up the souls from our world. It souldn't be the same, but both are sources of energy for alchemist to perform their little "miracles". Probably the key for the perfekt PS is this.
Old 2004-10-02, 23:39   Link #8
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by P!ranha
Thanks for your answer, Lunas. I guess someone (in the anime) mentioned that before, I just didn't remember.

I think it's strange that the PS is made out of FMA-souls and the "normal" Alchemy uses up the souls from our world. It souldn't be the same, but both are sources of energy for alchemist to perform their little "miracles". Probably the key for the perfekt PS is this.
ya dante explained the thing with the baby in the ep she banished honenhiem i think and the truth about alchemy was explained in ep 50 by honenhiem.

and the PS is used as well as the gate it just allows a greater ammount of energy to be given to the transmutation and it makes up for where the material is lacking.
it is like Nitro for alchemy.
Closed Thread