AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-09, 14:29   Link #741
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
No, she is from an entirely different continent.
Ah ok

10 chars
Old 2016-07-09, 21:23   Link #742
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
And how does that make sense with what I have said?

Carlos was confirmed having both bloodline and he is the crown prince. That basicaly means he will be the next King. A king with fucking two bloodlines, and on top of that, one bloodline is from a rivalling major power. He is bound to pass on the genes even further, literally creating a second Twin Kingdom. So why does the Twin Kingdom tolerate that just because the child is from Aura?
The other terms are so fussy about a child with another woman, but a branch child would be a lot less dangerous, imo, as the ruling parties can enforce isolation, like they did with Francesco. But if Carlos is King, no one is going to stop him (or rather he HAS to make children), except maybe an all-out war.
Because direct royal line is not threat to their monopoly. Main line would need to prioritize they own magic first and foremost to not be overthrown by branch lines for not having it and will be too busy ruling to really do much of magicking. And two-three (ruler-heir-heirs heir) people would at most supply they own country.

As long as they make sure that all branch lines possessing their magic go to them they mostly can ignore main line.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 01:43   Link #743
Waxman

Just my opinion, but could it be that the Twin Kingdom sees it as a fair trade or maybe a long term investment?
I mean, in previous discussion many people pointed out to me how us men are totally incapable to keep it in our pants so the may be counting in the fact that Zenjiro will have many concubines so sooner or later they will get one or even more of his children.
Once the Twin Kingdom get their hands into the genes of one of Zenjiro children it would be a matter of time until they obtain the Time-Space magic, with that they will have 3 bloodline magics thus keeping their adventage.
The Twin Kingdom didn't know how great Zenkichi's magic power is, thus they don't know he can use both magics, they may be hoping that he can only use one magic so they are counting with a generetion of time to prepare themselves.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:05   Link #744
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Because direct royal line is not threat to their monopoly. Main line would need to prioritize they own magic first and foremost to not be overthrown by branch lines for not having it and will be too busy ruling to really do much of magicking. And two-three (ruler-heir-heirs heir) people would at most supply they own country.

As long as they make sure that all branch lines possessing their magic go to them they mostly can ignore main line.
That makes no sense. Carlos can use BOTH equally. At least we weren't given an indicator that focussing on one bloodline will weaken the other. Prince Francesco is a forerunner in Bestowal Magic and can still cast Healing Magic just fine.
So when Carlos can use Bestowal Magic later on, he WILL be a threat to the Twin Kingdom, since the Bestowal Magic won't be theirs anymore. And I really doubt anyone in the Carpa Kingdom will complain when Carlos starts using a magic from a rivalling country, if anything they will support it.
The Twin Kingdom even made a pact within its own country, so that double magic user would die out, yet they completely ignored the possibility with Aura's children? They were aware that Zenjirou possessed their blood, thus all the other terms in the contract, but why neglect Aura's child? Did they really think that the 2:1 ratio of Space-time blood versus Bestowal blood would overrule their blood, making Carlos end up with only Space-time? Or is there some ulterior motive that hasn't been mentioned yet? So far we don't know, but I find it extremely strange that Carlos, or any other child from Aura, is allowed to roam free when these kids have the same chance ending up with Bestowal Magic as any other child with another woman.

Like I said before, a double magic user in a main family (carlos) is far more dangerous than one in a branch family (any child with another woman), because the branch family can be oppressed with political power (see Francesco) while Carlos will eventually be King. And you can't force a King to not make a heir unless the Twin Kingdom goes to war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Just my opinion, but could it be that the Twin Kingdom sees it as a fair trade or maybe a long term investment?
I mean, in previous discussion many people pointed out to me how us men are totally incapable to keep it in our pants so the may be counting in the fact that Zenjiro will have many concubines so sooner or later they will get one or even more of his children.
Once the Twin Kingdom get their hands into the genes of one of Zenjiro children it would be a matter of time until they obtain the Time-Space magic, with that they will have 3 bloodline magics thus keeping their adventage.
The Twin Kingdom didn't know how great Zenkichi's magic power is, thus they don't know he can use both magics, they may be hoping that he can only use one magic so they are counting with a generetion of time to prepare themselves.
Well, in the future it will probably be inevitable that Zenjirou takes a concubine, but I guess Aura will be extra carefully about him making another child with that contract implemented. And even if he makes a child, there's no absolute chance that the child will stay in the Twin Kingdom. The contract stays that the child will study overseas for a bit there and then gets to decide on his own whether he stays or return. Of course the Twin Kingdom will do its utmost to "convince" him to stay, but it's nothing absolute. And you cannot copy a bloodline from someone. You would need someone with the blood to stay in your country and reproduce. It's a pretty big gamble on the Twin's side, imo. If the child decides to go home, they lost. And even if the child will be in the most influencable age, it's till possible.
That "vague" term is even more strange when you consider that they easily gave up on Aura's child. Again the question, did they really not know that Carlos would get both bloods?

As for Zenjirou, it's stated that you need a fucking huge magical power to use blood line. As far as I remember, Zenjirou does have a lot, but not enough for that. It says that Carlos has twice as much as Zenjirou and as much as Francesco and Francesco says that you need to have at least as much as him to use both. So Zenjirou would technically be out of the picture to use both. He's just a breeder for double magic users.
Old 2016-07-10, 06:52   Link #745
Breimn

Even if one child decides to not stay eventually one will decide to. It may take a long long while but at least one will.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:11   Link #746
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Even if one child decides to not stay eventually one will decide to. It may take a long long while but at least one will.
Yeah, ofc, but the contract is unbalanced.
They don't know WHEN that child decides to stay. To begin with, they don't even know if Zenjirou will make a child with another woman at all. And even if, how many? How many chances will they get?
On the other hand, Aura's children are totally safe and have a good possibility to get both magics.
That fatal flaw of the contract seems too obvious as to be unintentional.
Aura can just interfere and never allow Zenjirou to make another child. Carlos already has both magic. They are at an advantage. Why take the risk of giving the Twin Kingdom the space-magic at this point?

I'm really curious how this will play out
Old 2016-07-10, 20:21   Link #747
mlovolm

they didnt take into account that he is different in moral lol
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 20:33   Link #748
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
That makes no sense. Carlos can use BOTH equally. At least we weren't given an indicator that focussing on one bloodline will weaken the other. Prince Francesco is a forerunner in Bestowal Magic and can still cast Healing Magic just fine.
So when Carlos can use Bestowal Magic later on, he WILL be a threat to the Twin Kingdom, since the Bestowal Magic won't be theirs anymore. And I really doubt anyone in the Carpa Kingdom will complain when Carlos starts using a magic from a rivalling country, if anything they will support it.
*sigh*
It makes perfect sense. Cat is already out of the bag, short of open war they can't remove this magic from royal line. Question now is does that break they monopoly or just gives Carpa some leeway too.

Also it's matter of training. Francesco was not raised as RULER, he had all the time to train both magics. And problem is not using other magic, but using it in exchange for his own. Training to be a good ruler, training Carpa magic and training other magic at the same time shouldn't be easy. And even if he succeeds it would be just one man.

Their problem is not single user, they problem is Carpa breeding entire clan of users that will break their power base. Single user they can live with.

Old 2016-07-11, 06:02   Link #749
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
*sigh*
Their problem is not single user, they problem is Carpa breeding entire clan of users that will break their power base. Single user they can live with.
Sigh indeed. Did you read what I wrote?
There is no way Carlos will refrain from making heirs, thus passing on the Bestowal Magic again.
The problem is, the Carpa Kingdom is at an advantage. They have a Carlos as a double magic user and can easily make more between Aura and Zenjirou without the Twin Kingdom interferring. Their kids then again can pass on the blood to their kids, etc. All of that without the Twin Kingdom interferring. That's stupid. Why would the Twin Kingdom agree to something like that? They went as far as disowning a direct descendant (Francesco) in order to bring the double magic line to an end, yet Carlos is allowed to do whatever he wants.
Old 2016-07-11, 22:48   Link #750
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Sigh indeed. Did you read what I wrote?
There is no way Carlos will refrain from making heirs, thus passing on the Bestowal Magic again.
The problem is, the Carpa Kingdom is at an advantage. They have a Carlos as a double magic user and can easily make more between Aura and Zenjirou without the Twin Kingdom interferring. Their kids then again can pass on the blood to their kids, etc. All of that without the Twin Kingdom interferring. That's stupid. Why would the Twin Kingdom agree to something like that? They went as far as disowning a direct descendant (Francesco) in order to bring the double magic line to an end, yet Carlos is allowed to do whatever he wants.
You seems to miss that Carlos' children are either not part of agreement so additional agreement would be needed or depending on how it's worded are in same boat as children from concubines.

Nowhere in agreement it said that they wouldn't mess with grandchildren, only that they wouldn't mess with direct children with Aura.

You also need to remember that main reason for agreement is not to limit their magic but to get Carpa magic for themselves. And they don't believe that Z would stay "bed loyal" to Aura as that culturally alien to them.

Old 2016-07-12, 05:19   Link #751
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
You seems to miss that Carlos' children are either not part of agreement so additional agreement would be needed or depending on how it's worded are in same boat as children from concubines.

Nowhere in agreement it said that they wouldn't mess with grandchildren, only that they wouldn't mess with direct children with Aura.

You also need to remember that main reason for agreement is not to limit their magic but to get Carpa magic for themselves. And they don't believe that Z would stay "bed loyal" to Aura as that culturally alien to them.
If it isn't mention, then it doesn't count. And imo, "direct offspring" (as stated in the contract) include grandchildren and etc.

Well, they never wanted Carpa to get their magic to begin with, so now it's damage control and getting back the balance. Still, even if that was their goal, why go about it so roundaway? They allowed Aura to have a sure-shot at their magic, but only left themselves a small chance for the future.
First it's going to take some time until Zenjirou takes a concubine, then it will take some more time until he actually makes a child with her, and then that child will have to decide whether it stays or not. There are too many uncertain factors.
I know that Zenjirou has expierence with writing up contracts and also helped a bit with this one, but it's still so obviously flawed for the Twin Kingdom that I question their sanity. That's all I wanted to say.
Old 2016-07-12, 09:05   Link #752
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
If it isn't mention, then it doesn't count. And imo, "direct offspring" (as stated in the contract) include grandchildren and etc.
offspring =/= descendant. This two terms are explicitly separate. Though I'm not sure how it was in Japanese.

Quote:
Well, they never wanted Carpa to get their magic to begin with, so now it's damage control and getting back the balance. Still, even if that was their goal, why go about it so roundaway? They allowed Aura to have a sure-shot at their magic, but only left themselves a small chance for the future.
By the "common logic" it's not a small chance.

Quote:
First it's going to take some time until Zenjirou takes a concubine, then it will take some more time until he actually makes a child with her, and then that child will have to decide whether it stays or not. There are too many uncertain factors.
I know that Zenjirou has expierence with writing up contracts and also helped a bit with this one, but it's still so obviously flawed for the Twin Kingdom that I question their sanity. That's all I wanted to say.
They expect Zenjirou to end with dozen or two of concubines and sooner than later at that. Their mistake is not knowing cultural difference and how much unambitious Zenjirou is but those are understandable, they have nowhere to get said info.

Old 2016-08-02, 06:03   Link #753
Waxman

First off thanks to PROzess por the new Chapter.
Hm... I wonder if Aura don't realize that by saying how scary her husband is, in the sense that there is little to use against him, in front of her most trusted subjects can be taken as a preparation to kill Zenjiro as soon as Carlos is in an age where he is mostly out of danger and Zenjiro's seed is no longer needed.
After all, even if that course of actions has its share of cons many problems could be resolved.
Anyways, so master a bloodline magic without a proper teache can take 3 generations...
I wonder if the Twin Kindom had at some point consider forming a Triumvirate with Karpa kingdom.
Not with Karpa as a vassal kingdom or anything but more like a grand alliance.
I know the distances will be too large, but if the breed more time/space magic users that can learn teleport magic such issues can be handled.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 13:04   Link #754
kari-no-sugata II

Ooh, V5 starts! Interesting new character... and world-building.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 21:54   Link #755
PhilippeO

Quote:
They were relatively many enemies the Pack Dragons could not beat in a normal fight, such as Adamantine Dragons, Greater Dragons or Fang Dragons.
“Well, he says that Pack Dragons do sometimes abandon their hunting grounds as well as watering holes to escape, although it happens very rarely. When an opponent they absolutely have no chance against, such as Emperor Dragons or Brute Dragons, invades their territory, they do not fight a losing battle, but rather bet on the faint hope of settling in a different territory with the whole pack.”
wooah, South Continent suddenly turned dystopian. 5 different species of Dragons who equal to hundreds of soldier ?
PhilippeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 22:34   Link #756
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeO View Post
wooah, South Continent suddenly turned dystopian. 5 different species of Dragons who equal to hundreds of soldier ?
it always seem like this story was on the brink of getting real, real fast. hence the army interludes. i think the dragon conquests and the unavoidable concubines will escalates things
Old 2017-02-04, 08:48   Link #757
Breimn

I think ch 1 of manga came out for this. It requires password to see so not sure (korean website). Name is the same and art is similar.
Yes, confirmed. It got manga. Cant find it tough.Should be young ace march issue that comes out today.

Last edited by Breimn; 2017-02-04 at 09:58.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 12:14   Link #758
kari-no-sugata II

I found the first chapter in raw. Heh, I think the first page would violate the posting guidelines for images here

Pretty straight forward conversion of the prologue. I think Aura's charisma (from Zenjirou's POV) could have been boosted a bit more though,
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 18:57   Link #759
smbjoshy

What magazine is the manga in?

EDIT: NVM, didn't catch the above post ^^
smbjoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 19:37   Link #760
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbjoshy View Post
What magazine is the manga in?

EDIT: NVM, didn't catch the above post ^^
And After that Intro Scene..it give good vibes is in a seinen magazine, means they will not screwed out...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported