AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-27, 15:35   Link #1101
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Should have seen it coming as soon as Alice's "Even that girls is dead" falshback. Guess you have a new girl you couldn't save, Alice.....

Man, she will NOT take this well.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 15:42   Link #1102
DemonneoPT

Dat ending tho!!!! The animation and the voice actors were so damn good. Well done! Too bad Mamika is probably dead. I guess that even a magical girl will not be able to survive after being impaled by several swords. And her character had improve so much too. It's sad

Looks like Magane will make Sota a little bit more interesting with their new relationship status...lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 15:42   Link #1103
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm fairly sure he didn't actually tell Mamika that he might have been the one who drove her to kill herself.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 15:47   Link #1104
Blueknight78

really like some others peoples here my real complain is really "souta' the totally cliche "coward mc", yeah while some peoples in a "world death situation can be "douchebags and keep important info to save the world" for themselfs others not and save the world can be more important than most of the crap he is afraid, is really being the "worst here", mamika noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!, she and meteora where the good part of this episode while souta the crap and exactly because he is a coward now he will be magane puppet and toy for her screw and make things worst, she is really a good and smart villian i'm already seeying 3 factions as probably after the end alicia will leave altair side, then i can see more "factions" like the good one, evil one and some "neutrals" ones, overall really good episode the only crap really come from souta.
Old 2017-05-27, 15:58   Link #1105
Random14

Poor Mamika. I hope she survives, or maybe we'll find out just how durable Creations are. Mamika has changed but she's still sticking to her idealistic image. Even if she does trip all the death flags- talk to the big bad alone, leaves Alice behind, etc. And interesting to see Altair reacting to Mamika pushing her buttons, possibly her first honest reaction so far. I just hope Altair doesn't spin the whole thing to her advantage, like telling Alicetaria that Mamika was killed by the others (just ignore the multiple sword wounds). Alice might fall for something like that.

Sota's getting really annoying, but that's nothing new. Bland, spineless narrator does not make for interesting story. There's serious trauma there, but he's always been too calm/deadpan, its giving me bad reminders of Inaho. Seeing Meteora talking to him was really cute. I doubt romance is in the cards, but I would ship them.

I loved Matsubara's line though- don't hurt his head or right hand! Heh, he still needs to think and write and draw. Although not sure if there was more history there between the writers. Even Yuya likes Matsubara more than his own creator. So far Matsubara and Nakanogane have been pretty ordinary and competent, which is part of what makes them likable (and probably why they're getting along with the Creations) butthe two new ones seem really... eccentric.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 16:27   Link #1106
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Poor Mamika. I hope she survives, or maybe we'll find out just how durable Creations are. Mamika has changed but she's still sticking to her idealistic image. Even if she does trip all the death flags- talk to the big bad alone, leaves Alice behind, etc. And interesting to see Altair reacting to Mamika pushing her buttons, possibly her first honest reaction so far. I just hope Altair doesn't spin the whole thing to her advantage, like telling Alicetaria that Mamika was killed by the others (just ignore the multiple sword wounds). Alice might fall for something like that.
Mamika got so many death flags popping up that it's pretty safe to say that this Mamika is probably very dead. It would be quite the fake-out, given that she's in much of the show's promotional artwork and is in the opening.

Of course, just because Altair killed Mamika once doesn't necessarily mean that she can't just go and pluck her from a different point in her timeline ... giving her a fresh Mamika to manipulate into doing her bidding (which might be why the show spent so much time developing her relationship with Aliceteria ... what will Aliceteria do when Mamika suddenly doesn't remember who she is?)
Old 2017-05-27, 16:52   Link #1107
tuckersister

I think in midseason (ep11 or ep12) Sota will overcome himself and think things clearly. Thou I think his resolve will lead a repercussion into the 2nd half. It's 22eps after all. First half gather character and getting their heads straight and second half is retaliation and pulling an end to this at all costs.

Also, Sota DID told Mamika almost the entire truth. He did sort of lied to Meteora in a way. The episode is definitely setting up Sota's and Magane's relationship.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 16:57   Link #1108
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Oh, and I cannot stand Souta anymore. He is more then useless. Why does anime have to keep putting these worthless losers in anime. At least he's not the MC, as Shakry pointed out. I wonder if the thought process is in creating these wusses.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 16:58   Link #1109
Xeiros

Magical Splash Flare so far is the only named attack with any in universe buildup behind its use. When Blitz first brings the fact that we have not yet seen it at full power, we're intrigued. If the version she used against Celestia wasn't its full might, just how powerful is it?

In episode 7 she also threatens Alice with it albeit not with the full power version. The way she reacts is telling. This is an attack that at its full might is not to be trifled as merely the threat of its use causes these super human creations to hesitate. Somehow perhaps from watching her show because obviously she never gave them a demonstration Alice and Blitz have some idea what it's like when they put the pieces together from the destruction she caused at Sunshine with much weaker attacks.

The show up to those last few minutes of episode 8 hammered home one major fact about Mamika's destructive potential. Out of all the creations she is capable of the most deadly/destructive force. None of the rest are within the same universe as she is. Finally in episode 8 it all comes to a head and we finally get the Magical Splash Flare at full power that's been built up for three straight episodes.

My huge issue is Altair's fate. I have no defense for why she'll live other than shit like well plot armor she's the primary antagonist there's no way in hell they'll kill the big bad not halfway through etc. I'm loving Re Creators so far, but Altair surviving what is far and away by several zip codes the most powerful anything we've seen from a creation thus far will leave me severely disappointed.

If there had been no buildup of a full power magical splash flare and Mamika had just confronted Altair, had a brief scuffle, and gotten killed I'd have been fine with it if it. A major death to shake up the character's status quo. It's the buildup of her strongest move in conjunction with it that concerns me. Then again Holscopcion or w/e bullshit can kick in and magically revive Altair with the power of eternal reincarnation or some-such nonsense even if full power MSF did kill her.

TLDR: If Altair survived/dies but is magically revived after getting hit by the most hyped up powerful attack in the series so far by several zip codes I will be very disappointed.
Old 2017-05-27, 17:16   Link #1110
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Magical Splash Flare so far is the only named attack with any in universe buildup behind its use. When Blitz first brings the fact that we have not yet seen it at full power, we're intrigued. If the version she used against Celestia wasn't its full might, just how powerful is it?

In episode 7 she also threatens Alice with it albeit not with the full power version. The way she reacts is telling. This is an attack that at its full might is not to be trifled as merely the threat of its use causes these super human creations to hesitate. Somehow perhaps from watching her show because obviously she never gave them a demonstration Alice and Blitz have some idea what it's like when they put the pieces together from the destruction she caused at Sunshine with much weaker attacks.

The show up those last minutes in episode 8 hammered home one major fact about Mamika's destructive potential. Out of all the creations she is capable of the most deadly/destructive force. None of the rest are within the same universe as she is. Her weakest attack blows holes in buildings. Finally in episode 8 it all comes to a head and we finally get the Magical Splash Flare at full power that's been built up for three straight episodes.

My huge issue is Altair's fate. I have no defense for why she'll live other than shit like well plot armor she's the primary antagonist there's no way in hell they'll kill the big bad not halfway through etc. I'm loving Re Creators so far, but Altair surviving what is far and away by several zip codes the most powerful anything we've seen from a creation thus far will leave me severely disappointed.

If there had been no buildup of a full power magical splash flare and Mamika had just confronted Altair, had a brief scuffle, and gotten killed I'd have been fine with it if it. A major death to shake up the character's status quo. It's the buildup of her strongest move in conjunction with it that concerns me. Then again Holscopcion or w/e bullshit can kick in and magically revive Altair with the power of eternal reincarnation or some-such nonsense even if full power MSF did kill her.

TLDR: If Altair survived/dies but is magically revived after getting hit by the most hyped up powerful attack in the series so far by several zip codes I will be very disappointed.
The problem is that Altair definitely survives. We're in episode 8 of 22 ... she can't die for 13-14 more episodes. In fact, I think you just called it ... she gets instantly revived via the Holopscion. (Since Altair, in episode 1, refers to one of its powers as "eternal reincarnation.")

That, or she's fast enough to teleport away before the Magical Splash Flare finishes its arming sequence and obliterates the countryside (seriously, it takes two whole seconds between the time Mamika invokes it to the time scenery starts disintegrating.) Which is plausible, since if Altair is aware of Mamika's powers; she's probably got a clue into their weaknesses.
Old 2017-05-27, 17:22   Link #1111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Oh, and I cannot stand Souta anymore. He is more then useless. Why does anime have to keep putting these worthless losers in anime. At least he's not the MC, as Shakry pointed out. I wonder if the thought process is in creating these wusses.
"Anime watchers are horrible people, and will therefore identify with horrible characters"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 17:47   Link #1112
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"Anime watchers are horrible people, and will therefore identify with horrible characters"?
Yeah, Sota is definitely not what you call a stand-up guy. In this episode alone, he confessed how he practically betrayed Setsuna due to jealousy and such. I'd say he is a realistic loser. His character is definitely not enjoyable and isn't meant to be enjoyable (kinda like Shinji). And like Shinji, Sota also has a purpose for the story that should be apparent when the show is finished. I mean, this is the writer who wrote cool nerd Rock from Black Lagoon as MC. He won't make a traumatic wuss MC for no reason.

Also, I promised that I will criticized this show fairly and since now it's revealed that world destruction is Altair's main goal, I want to go back to my previous question way back during the earlier part of the show: Why Altair didn't just summon uber-boss characters like various demon kings and space overlords from countless animangames out there that can destroy the world almost immediately? I hope the show will address this obvious elephant in the room sooner or later (preferably sooner).
Old 2017-05-27, 17:54   Link #1113
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
-_-

Please, please let this not be the end of Mamika.

Also ... my patience with Souta is kinda beginning to wear a bit thin too. At the moment to be frank he is coming across as a rather small souled person.

I actually kinda ... appreciated that Magane confronted him the way she did. Someone needed to do so and give him a "push" to begin taking responsibility and stop running away. Sometimes serious trauma needs those sorts of elements to help take a first step ... Mamika and Meteora showed him some real kindness, which also can be z huge help. I wonder how Souta would be affected on hearing that Mamika faced off against Altair and possibly lost her life?

Also, speaking of giving people a push ... that attitude-laced mangaka also needed to be given a jolt like that, I feel. Man.
Old 2017-05-27, 18:01   Link #1114
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Also, speaking of giving people a push ... that attitude-laced mangaka also needed to be given a jolt like that, I feel. Man.
Well, Yuya (aka. his creation) presumably already beat the shit outta him (except for his head and right hand ). Maybe that counts as one push?
Old 2017-05-27, 18:06   Link #1115
xSauriaNx
The Tribe King's Ride

Thank god for Souta cracking up little by little whether he liked it or not and I'm happy for it. He's so resembling my old friend with pretty similar situation which is heavy burden to him too, reason why I can't help but cheer for him. Helping people like him and Souta with PTSD who will get defensive and goes to silence is REALLY, REALLY hard at times. It's a good reward when they manage to open up and slowly recover from it though.

Damn Magane though, you're making things complicated. I hope you won't fall for Souta's Loser version of his Masculine Wiles... xD

Mamika, I've come to like her ever since episode 3. I was thinking that the whole band of misfit in Altair's side would be hard headed, one sided thinkers that who will not take others' words in consideration. To think she would mature so much in short time (story's timeline), please survive?
IT'S LIKE RAIA'S DEATH AGAIN!!! WHY?! WHY THE PINK, GOOD GUYS ALWAYS DIE!!!

Who's next? Aliceteria? Not really liking her right now. Though one thing, seeing Altair going emotional on that short moment was...... really good. In fact, I like her more now. Thank god that she's not completely a one-sided character... xD

Every step I make signals the arrival of my KING!
xSauriaNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 18:21   Link #1116
Albel VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Holopsicon can probably do the trick somehow, but the sad thing is, she probably doesn't even need that. If I had to guess, I'd say she probably just used her BS magic swords as shield again. Those are so powerful they don't even flinch when a car directly crashes into them. Heck, they can even effortlessly block rocket explosions. I can't help but to wonder, why did she need so much power in her fanfic. Anyway, I'm also gonna be disappointed if she ends up being completely unharmed after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Also, one thing has been bothering me for a while...how does Altair know of Souta, Setsuna and what happened to her?
She's been shown to know a lot more when compared to other Characters, that start off clueless of their own origins.
A few episodes ago, it seemed like she can somehow talk with Setsuna, which might explain this. If that's the case then convincingly explaining how she can chat with a ghost is not gonna be easy though.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 18:26   Link #1117
xSauriaNx
The Tribe King's Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albel VII View Post
A few episodes ago, it seemed like she can somehow talk with Setsuna, which might explain this. If that's the case then convincingly explaining how she can chat with a ghost is not gonna be easy though.
That's kinda like the case of Shirohime Evermillion in a sense, before the start of the story... xD

Every step I make signals the arrival of my KING!
xSauriaNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 18:34   Link #1118
magnuskn

Calling fictional powerlevels "bullshit", while at the same time other people are asking for demon kings to be summoned to the real world is creating a bit of cognitive dissonance for me.
Old 2017-05-27, 19:17   Link #1119
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

It continues to amaze me how before this show aired, I seriously thought Mamika was going to end up being an annoying-ass character that I'd want to punt out a window. Her design just had that look to it, y'know? But lo and behold, she's actually one of the best damned characters in the lineup. Wow.

Part of me reeeeally hopes she's okay... But I know better.
Old 2017-05-27, 19:31   Link #1120
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Also, I promised that I will criticized this show fairly and since now it's revealed that world destruction is Altair's main goal, I want to go back to my previous question way back during the earlier part of the show: Why Altair didn't just summon uber-boss characters like various demon kings and space overlords from countless animangames out there that can destroy the world almost immediately? I hope the show will address this obvious elephant in the room sooner or later (preferably sooner).
Altair may have no choice on who crosses over. The is theory those who made an impression can crossover. That and the theory her own Creator's preferences as a condition.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning