Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-08, 13:26   Link #61
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Would holy grail for a new Slayers or Dirty Pair
there WAS a new slayers: its 4th/5th season was in 2008.

Dirty Pair might not fit the modern anime aesthetic though.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 13:50   Link #62
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
there WAS a new slayers: its 4th/5th season was in 2008.

Dirty Pair might not fit the modern anime aesthetic though.
2008 is still technically a decade ago.
Old 2018-01-08, 18:46   Link #63
sion21

I got really confuse of this whole series including xxxholic/Tsubasa/original cardcaptor Sakura and a few other that is linked, every character is like same but different but still the same. anyone has a short summary on how they are related?
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 19:46   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

xXxHolic is not related to CCS.
Tsubasa Chronicle is a "spinoff" where most characters of CCS have expys.
Clear Card is a direct sequel to the original CCS manga series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 20:16   Link #65
Forever
Revealing the truth

Totally mixed feelings as I relive my childhood..... It feels like I am too old to appreciate this show already...
Old 2018-01-09, 00:25   Link #66
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
to be fair, there are several CCS references in Tsubasa and Holic

it could be said that Tsubasa and Holic are some sort of “hub” for the “Clamp Cinematic Universe” (LOL ), hell the entire concept of Tsubasa is “parallel worlds” so....

...now back to CCS....
I’m just wondering whether there will ge any thing different in Clear Card, hopefully it isn’t just a rehash of the original
Old 2018-01-09, 00:44   Link #67
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, it's debatable whether xXxHolic related to CCS or not.
With Yuuko existence whom said has relationship with Clow Reed brought a big question of canonical between CCS and xXxHolic/Tsubasa.
Heck, young Sakura vision, the princess Sakura saw already upside the relation between series.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 03:58   Link #68
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
HAHA!!! So the Movies are (apparently) canon!!! BANZAI!!!
The first movie could possibly be considered canon but the prologue OVA of Clear Card outright retcons the second movie, something I'm highly displeased about and wish CLAMP had at least done a bit more to align the new anime to the existing anime story instead of the manga.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 04:06   Link #69
RDNexus

Said Prologue OVA is literally an adaptation of the Manga Ending, which seems to have been retconed by Ep01, by showing images from the Anime Ending and with a count of 53 Cards.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 05:20   Link #70
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maybe there is a point in making the manga end an OVA.

They know that CCS fans have watched The Sealed Card AND read the manga to the very end. To those who preferred one media over the other, they gave the choice through the OVA. Those who wanted the "true end" should watch the manga end OVA, while those who prefer the story as told by The Sealed Card could proceed straight into Clear Card without the OVA.

It's a win-win situation in the end.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 05:59   Link #71
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Said Prologue OVA is literally an adaptation of the Manga Ending, which seems to have been retconed by Ep01, by showing images from the Anime Ending and with a count of 53 Cards.
Having gone back to have a look again, this anime seems to be a somewhat loose* continuation of the TV series, not the second movie. The second move takes place in their final year of elementary school and Syaoran is already back from Hong Kong, whereas here he only just returned. Sakura having a flashback to the airport scene wouldn't make sense if this takes place after the events of the second movie.

So yeah, they still deliberately retconned the (true) ending of the first anime series. As for the OAD, it's a standalone just for manga readers to see the manga ending faithfully adapted.

*I say somewhat loose because the end of the first TV series results in the creation of the blank card, which is important to the second movie. It is unlikely that said card exists in this anime because it is worthless to the story without that movie. I wish we had a proper confirmation of the number of cards Sakura has here but I counted 71 clear cards on the table when she visits Yukito/Yue, so we can forget about relying on the anime for card consistency. My count may have possibly been off a little but there's no way in hell there are only 53 cards there . Another thing is that since it took the second movie for anime Sakura to realise her feelings for Syaoran, this anime may have gone with the manga ending but within the context and events of the previous TV series finale instead.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2018-01-09 at 06:16.
Old 2018-01-09, 06:06   Link #72
RDNexus

Simply because they didn't show anything related to The Sealed Card doesn't invalidate it's possible canonicity.
It simply leaves the possibility hanging until someone comes around and makes it clear or not.
Old 2018-01-09, 06:15   Link #73
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Simply because they didn't show anything related to The Sealed Card doesn't invalidate it's possible canonicity.
It simply leaves the possibility hanging until someone comes around and makes it clear or not.
But they have. The timeline is already off, because here Syaoran left for Hong Kong and only came back in ep1, when he should already be back by now if The Sealed Card, which takes place before they start middle school, occurred. You can't claim that he may have went back again because Sakura's flashback to his departure had them wearing the same clothes and the bear exchange taking place.
Old 2018-01-09, 06:34   Link #74
RDNexus

He didn't return for good in the 2nd Movie, he simply went there for a festival.
Old 2018-01-09, 07:25   Link #75
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 1

Oh my... it's like I've time traveled 15 years. Everyone is back again. This show clearly has a decent budget. opening animation is so beautiful. Hmm, I do wonder who the new villain is, and what's their purpose. All card are now "clear" and unusable, so we're back to square one.. but it seems there are new cards that Sakura can collect.

Syaoran may have matured, but he's still easily tricked by Yamada's lying - I guess the scriptwriters decide to keep that joke alive. Oh, and can't wait to see the new costumes that Tomoyo will make!! ^^
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 07:30   Link #76
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
He didn't return for good in the 2nd Movie, he simply went there for a festival.
I stand corrected, my memory is muddy after all these years. Still makes little sense for her to flashback to the airport scene again after such an event.
Old 2018-01-09, 07:45   Link #77
RDNexus

Maybe because that's where they originally made the promise. The 2nd Movie's circunstances were kind of an exception.

I also had to go check on the Wikia to be totally sure my memory wasn't failing me
Old 2018-01-09, 11:28   Link #78
Vaans
NEET

Deym. This is so nostalgic. I feel like I've gone back in time.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 03:05   Link #79
rladls2121

Will Meiling Li show up?
Kind of sad I don't see her right now.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 03:43   Link #80
RDNexus

Since she was an Anime-Original Character, odds are they may not bring her back.