AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-24, 13:57   Link #4161
Hakai

Ban was awesome this chapter. Really like how chill and positive he is even though they are in a really bad situation.

Meliodas avoided the question about his original magic lol. Cheeky bastard. I get the feeling it's something really dangerous since he's afraid of using it.
Old 2018-09-24, 14:51   Link #4162
DragonOsman
Dragon King

How many of you guys think Meliodas' emotions won't go back to the real world with Ban? I really hope they go back together. Though from the looks of things, it seems like the Demon King is training Meliodas? If this is true, maybe Meliodas' emotions will go back once the training is complete, even if it's some time after Ban returns.
Old 2018-09-24, 18:32   Link #4163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
How many of you guys think Meliodas' emotions won't go back to the real world with Ban? I really hope they go back together. Though from the looks of things, it seems like the Demon King is training Meliodas? If this is true, maybe Meliodas' emotions will go back once the training is complete, even if it's some time after Ban returns.
I haven't read the chapter yet but I don't think Ban will leave Meliodas' emotions behind when the reason he came to Purgatory in the first place was to retrieve them.

On the other hand, Meliodas will probably remain emotionless a bit longer. At least until he has a big fight against the good guys. I don't remember if we were told what would happen to Meliodas' emotions once they enter the human world. Will they automatically go back to his body or will there be two Meliodas?
Old 2018-09-25, 03:23   Link #4164
DragonOsman
Dragon King

In this chapter, the manifestation of Meliodas' emotions said that he won't return to the other side with Ban. He said he does want to return, but that if he did, he'd have to face Elizabeth's curse again where she'd die in front of him. Ban scolded him, saying that Elizabeth's curse has already activated and also asking him if she herself will really accept that (him not returning to the real world because of the curse).

Anyway, yeah, you're probably right about Meliodas staying emotionless at least until he's fighting the Sins (including Mael, perhaps). And I've also been wondering if his emotions will automatically go back to his body when they go back to the real world or if they'll be somewhere else and will have to find their way back to him.
Old 2018-09-25, 18:12   Link #4165
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It might also be a thing where it takes some time for Meliodas' emotions to fully resurface and for him to effectively retake his own body. Will have to see how things play out.

Also I'm kind of impressed by these three. It took 60 years for them to figure out that doing the same thing over and over wouldn't work. These three are fairly impressive idiots . Although I will give them that it took time for Ban to develop the ability to give damage/sensations to another person. This has certainly been a solid training experience for Ban. Going to be fairly effective when he gets back.
Old 2018-09-26, 04:23   Link #4166
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
In this chapter, the manifestation of Meliodas' emotions said that he won't return to the other side with Ban. He said he does want to return, but that if he did, he'd have to face Elizabeth's curse again where she'd die in front of him. Ban scolded him, saying that Elizabeth's curse has already activated and also asking him if she herself will really accept that (him not returning to the real world because of the curse).

Anyway, yeah, you're probably right about Meliodas staying emotionless at least until he's fighting the Sins (including Mael, perhaps). And I've also been wondering if his emotions will automatically go back to his body when they go back to the real world or if they'll be somewhere else and will have to find their way back to him.
Maybe the emotional Meliodas will fight alongside with the Sins and uses his "original magic" to somehow defeat his dark counterpart. What makes me wonder though, is their fight with the DK. It's true that Ban can now weaken him, but to defeat the DK our heroes must attack him, which in turn makes him stronger again.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 06:15   Link #4167
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The Demon King said that Meliodas' original magic, which he's afraid to use, can help. I'd like to see it.
Old 2018-09-27, 09:38   Link #4168
Random14

How many powers does Meliodas have?! Full counter is relatively simple, then there's his raw demon power, physical Meliodas is absorbing commandments, and then apparently there's still something more.

Figures that it took them "only" sixty years to work out the demon king's ability. Anyway, nice to get back to them. "Estarossa" not being Estarossa must be old news to them by now. Actually with Mael pacified, I wonder if physical Meliodas will end up the final boss or someone else. The Demon King is still in purgatory and did we ever find out where Elizabeth's mother went?
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 09:47   Link #4169
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas will get back his emotions eventually. He'll just be a bad guy the Sins have to fight in the meantime. But I don't think he'll be the final boss (at least I hope not).
Old 2018-09-27, 10:31   Link #4170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe there won't be any twist and the final bosses will simply be the Demon King and the Supreme Goddess. I still don't think the DK will actually be defeated now. They'll probably need Elizabeth and her healing abilities to beat him for good.
Old 2018-09-27, 11:57   Link #4171
Wandering Soul

It took them sixty years to figure out that doing the same thing over and over again wouldn't work. I guess that's the definition of insanity for you.
Old 2018-09-27, 13:30   Link #4172
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It took them 60 years to figure out how his power works. And they were pressured and having to think in the middle of a very hard and maybe even impossible-to-win fight. So it makes sense and is excusable. It may have been asspullish if it had taken them less time, actually.
Old 2018-09-27, 17:26   Link #4173
Stro

I don't think that they will defeat the Demon Lord, however rather than defeating the Demon Lord they just have to past the gate. I think they will managed that.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 18:13   Link #4174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It took them 60 years to figure out how his power works. And they were pressured and having to think in the middle of a very hard and maybe even impossible-to-win fight. So it makes sense and is excusable. It may have been asspullish if it had taken them less time, actually.
They didn't seem very pressured to me. In fact, Ban was pretty much chilling after they got defeated in this chapter. It didn't seem like the Demon King had been coming after them. They were the ones taking the fights to him. The DK also implied Ban tried to snatch his power plenty of times, which means he let them hit him. They should have figured out what his power is a hell of a lot sooner. 60 years is really ridiculous.
Old 2018-09-28, 13:21   Link #4175
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, they were just being dumb. But maybe it's just in part due to being in such a place where how they process time differs. They've already spent an insane amount of time there so wasting 60 years here and there doesn't bother them anymore.

I'm more interested with Ban's powers gaining that new aspect. Feels as if he's got a plan for that beyond just getting past the Demon King. If he can pass along or take away damage is he planning no 'gifting' health/life to Elaine to help keep her among the living? Or does he think he can gift away his immortality so he can move on to the afterlife with her when/if it comes to that?
Old 2018-09-28, 13:38   Link #4176
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm more interested with Ban's powers gaining that new aspect. Feels as if he's got a plan for that beyond just getting past the Demon King. If he can pass along or take away damage is he planning no 'gifting' health/life to Elaine to help keep her among the living? Or does he think he can gift away his immortality so he can move on to the afterlife with her when/if it comes to that?
Those are interesting ideas. I hadn't thought of that. I'm leaning more toward the former than the latter.
Old 2018-09-28, 14:37   Link #4177
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those are interesting ideas. I hadn't thought of that. I'm leaning more toward the former than the latter.
My gut call would also be the former with the generally optimistic tone of their mission. Get out of purgatory and take care of the issues plaguing their loved ones. Was just re-reading that chapter and decided to speculate a bit based on Ban's "with this power" line. It'd be nice if this crazy adventure did result in a way for him to help save Elaine.
Old 2018-09-28, 18:01   Link #4178
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think he'll try to save her somehow with his new ability. And yes, your ideas are interesting. I'm also in support of the former, although the latter is also likely IMO.

@Kanon: Yeah, I guess they weren't that pressured. Still, though, at least they've figured it out. But even though the Demon King said he'll kill the Meliodas inside Purgatory, he doesn't seem to be trying. What do you think?
Old 2018-09-28, 18:10   Link #4179
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
@Kanon: Yeah, I guess they weren't that pressured. Still, though, at least they've figured it out. But even though the Demon King said he'll kill the Meliodas inside Purgatory, he doesn't seem to be trying. What do you think?
His behavior is definitely odd. Given his overwhelming power, I'm sure he could have killed him already. It seems to me he wants to force him to use his original magic, whatever that entails.
Old 2018-09-28, 19:38   Link #4180
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That could be it. I guess we'll see in due time.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen