AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 21:18   Link #23421
demino_hellsin
That one guy

way before fanfic writers... way before even the first OCs and marty stus were born... there was one thing that broke canon rules... canon itself... DUN DUN DUN!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 21:19   Link #23422
Eratas123

The IS can fly fast, but it seems like dodging their attacks is not impossible.

@ Demi - How so? It only broke itself when it was in the comedic segments.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:22   Link #23423
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The IS can fly fast, but it seems like dodging their attacks is not impossible.
Nope. IS probably has some kind of bs computer auto targeting system.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 21:29   Link #23424
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Remember, no repercussions for everything major that has happened. Life goes on as if a golem didn't crash into the tournament other than the tourney being canceled. Even then the only complaint was that the chance to date Ichika is gone. Another IS Silver Gospel's existence defies the Alaska treaty but it was just sealed and all countries involved got no flak. Now the whole issue with Laura's origins and VT system.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:31   Link #23425
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@eras: Remember, no repercussions for everything major that has happened. Life goes on as if a golem didn't crash into the tournament other than the tourney being canceled. Even then the only complaint was that the chance to date Ichika is gone. Another IS Silver Gospel's existence defies the Alaska treaty but it was just sealed and all countries involved got no flak. Now the whole issue with Laura's origins and VT system.
It seems as if regulations/laws are non existent in Infinite Stratos. Theirs no sign of them being enforced.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 21:36   Link #23426
Eratas123

ISA seems like an independent state, so I'm not suprised country's are willing to look the other way. The Laura and VT system thing might have been fixed off-screen. Remember, we're seeing it from Ichika's POV nd he doesn't give two shits aout the legal systems. I'm just mad we as the readers were never shown.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:42   Link #23427
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Onto another topic. I really think that the IS is a hybrid between real and super robot. I've said it before but the IS is split into two general parts. The frame and the core.

The frame is the body which we normally see the IS as. This sees the most development seeing as it happens to be the only thing conventional science can improve without the help if the creator of IS itself. I believe that this is what constitutes to the real robot element of IS.

The IS core is what makes an IS an IS and essentially a super robot. The core is what grants the IS AI support, an unlimited supply of energy, quantization ability, along with the finer controls of absolute defense, shield and PIC. It is also what undergoes the evolution process as well as having access to a unique network to its own kind.

EDIT: @blitz: and a confused reader I am.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:44   Link #23428
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
way before fanfic writers... way before even the first OCs and marty stus were born... there was one thing that broke canon rules... canon itself... DUN DUN DUN!
Then the story would just crumble, leaving behind confused readers.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 21:46   Link #23429
Eratas123

@ Blitz - What story? You mean the golems or hwatever attacking the cast every volume? That's not story, that's slice of life.

@ Demi - Nothing about the IS is realistic. Look at V7 where they go at near the speed of sound with nothing but their sheilds protecting them.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:51   Link #23430
demino_hellsin
That one guy

they've already gone hypersonic eras... that's like 5 times the speed of sound The only problem of going supersonic is human constitution as well as vehicle constitution. It seems we've already accepted that the IS has the ability to give life support and stabilize the pilot in a livable state. It's not too farfetched considering what it was originally supposed to be used for but as of now the means are obscure so your disbelief is justified.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:54   Link #23431
Eratas123

Honestly, how the IS were "Space machines" is beyond me. Besides, the gender restriction would kill it's use for space, and wasn't there a male in the Space suit version during the episode 1 intro?
Old 2012-02-22, 21:59   Link #23432
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If we take that as canon, I can only assume that a male was in there and it was the time they realized "Dudes can't work these things". They did seem to be trying to fix something
Old 2012-02-22, 22:01   Link #23433
Eratas123

Yet they also mentioned the IS was never taken seriously or used until the White Knight incident. Basically, canon effed itself there.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:07   Link #23434
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, my attempt of piling the hole with original content made yet another hole...
Old 2012-02-22, 22:14   Link #23435
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and so yes, I did say canon was breaking itself waaaaaaaaay before we were

Random conversation:

Chifuyu: Tabane! What's the meaning of all this? Why'd you call me to the lab?

Tabane: Oh? Isn't it obvious. We're about to commence the field testing of the Real Infinite Stratos. This is the White Knight and you will be its pilot.

Chifuyu: White Knight? But the project has already been cancelled. We've no authorization anymore.

Tabane: Now's not the time Chi-chan. There are over 1700 intercontinental ballistic missiles aimed right for Tokyo. We must stop them.

Chifuyu: 1700 nuclear missiles!? How is that possible?

Tabane: Chifuyu, don't hesitate. Only this White Knight can protect us now. Stop them.

Chifuyu: Tabane... you... Fine. I'll do it. But once this is over-

Tabane: Chi-chan, I understand. We'll talk later.

After the battle

Chifuyu: You lied...

all that was left was a deserted lab.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:15   Link #23436
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hahahah so in character of her.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:19   Link #23437
Eratas123

She's not morally good. Then again, taking in Yuki shows that she might have some degree of empathy in her.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:21   Link #23438
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know Tabane never outright lies... so maybe it wasn't quite in character of her. Then again she could say that they didn't specify what time after the WK incident they would talk.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:27   Link #23439
Eratas123

Yuki says Tabane saved her and that she's her "Savior". You guys have any idea what this means?
Old 2012-02-22, 22:29   Link #23440
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, they did talk... about something random.

All I expect is merely pet the dog moment and an attempt to humanize her (then again we're not sure how well adjusted Yuki is)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest