AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-09-06, 11:23   Link #81
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there's a big difference between how naruto used to act in these situations and his man-crush on his parents' murderer
I attribute it to Stockholm Syndrome
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 11:57   Link #82
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You forget the fact that Naruto's parent were long dead by this time, it wasn't a fresh wound for him like losing Jiraiya or Hinata
of course! how could i forget they were killed when he was born!? seriosuly though, what is fresh to Naruto is finding out who killed them. so basically your point is that if your parents were murdered years ago, then today you found out who the killer was and were confronted by him, you would probably end the day by smiling and telling him how cool he is if he pushed you out of the way of a bus?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 12:08   Link #83
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think people's problem with Obito's redemption isn't the redemption itself, but that Naruto praised him so much despite everything he did.
I think it's both and I understand that. I feel the same way. But while I dislike it, I think nothing else could have happened.

Quote:
there's a big difference between how naruto used to act in these situations and his man-crush on his parents' murderer
Is there really? I would be the first to admit that Naruto calling Obito awesome was ludicrous but if you re-read his interaction with edo-Nagato it wasn't much different. He treated him like a fellow disciple of Jiraiya instead of his killer.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 12:19   Link #84
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
You forget the fact that Naruto's parent were long dead by this time, it wasn't a fresh wound for him like losing Jiraiya or Hinata. Also after Obito changed he risked his life for Naruto and his friends all the time and he even sacrificed it in the end. Also it became clear that he was just being manipulated.
But Neji, ShikaDad and InoDad's deaths were fresh. Judging by the timeline, only a day before. So were the deaths of everyone in Kumo and most of the Alliance.

Obito was manipulated by Madara. Just as Madara was manipulated by Black Zetsu. Just as Indra was manipulated by BZ before. No one was really responsible for their actions. It allows Kishi to have a messiah character like Naruto. He never has to make the tough choice or earn hatred and resentment for any decision he makes. His path is always cleared. We know the score by now and understand how Kishi writes and frames things. None of it is shocking. Just frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I happen to think it's horrendously done but if Naruto has one major trope it's the fact that all those broken people can find redemption at the very end regardless of what they've done.
True. The only villain to live as a bastard, and die as one, was Hidan. But he was a plot induced villain tied to one hero(Shikamaru). He had no other purpose.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 18:26   Link #85
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Is there really? I would be the first to admit that Naruto calling Obito awesome was ludicrous but if you re-read his interaction with edo-Nagato it wasn't much different. He treated him like a fellow disciple of Jiraiya instead of his killer.
i was only thinking about when nagato actually died. when the war started, naruto was apparently already at a forgiveness level where he would smile and laugh as someone tortured him in a chair.

"you're so cool! are those my teeth? awesome! I love making new friends"

when naruto forgave nagato i thought it was more grounded and a serious decision that should have held major consequences to naruto's public image. of course all that was ruined with rinne tensei and that was pretty much the beginning of the end to the story being good
Old 2014-09-06, 19:19   Link #86
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Obito was manipulated by Madara. Just as Madara was manipulated by Black Zetsu.
I think the two are very different. BZ didn't really go for Madara, he just set things up long before Madara existed so that someone in the future would try to do what Madara did. The child Obito was carefully manipulated by Madara to become what he was, and also Obito was fucked up by the ninja world (we can't really say that the stone or mist villages or even his own village that sent him to fight grown up people were "good" or even neutral in his story). On the other hand Madara decided on his own. Even if he was not trusted by many he should have gained their trust by his actions, instead he betrayed his friend and became an evil person. Zetsu didn't manipulate him there. The only thing Zetsu did was to forge a fake story on the Uchiha tablet and then wait for centuries.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 19:55   Link #87
itachi-san314

Quote:
and also Obito was fucked up by the ninja world (we can't really say that the stone or mist villages or even his own village that sent him to fight grown up people were "good" or even neutral in his story). On the other hand Madara decided on his own
if you're going to allow obito to blame the ninja system, then madara should get equal treatment. it was the ninja system that killed all his brothers and that suffering led him to gain EMS and get flooded with uchiha-psycho chakra
Old 2014-09-06, 22:13   Link #88
Eragon
Still Alive

Huh, genocide is forgivable now. Nice.
Old 2014-09-06, 23:27   Link #89
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Well.. this is sad/depressing

Overall, the chapter wasn't too bad! (don't kill me for saying that) There isn't much to be done know, far to many out of place idiosyncrasies which have accumulated to form a hot Salmonella mess here.
The Madara bit is ridiculous though.. how did the bijuu's even come out when Kaguya was still whole and wasn't Kaguya Madara? Him being spat out half-dead, the reason being some leet haxor instantaneous Juubi removal, does not make sense at all especially considering Obito was able to survive it and other deaths.. I actually feel for Madara now; he couldn't even get a fair conclusion.. at-least he stayed true until the very end (he didn't submit guilt to Hashirama)

Now.. where the frak is hammy n co. ?

Last edited by QS_Bilal; 2014-09-07 at 01:11.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 00:40   Link #90
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So that's that? Shippuden is over now? What a weird ending to a series.

Also, Kishi said we'd have one pairing become canon at the end of the series, wonder what pairing that will be?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 00:53   Link #91
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Also, Kishi said we'd have one pairing become canon at the end of the series, wonder what pairing that will be?
Shikamaru and Temari
Not that it'll be a big reveal.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-09-07, 02:03   Link #92
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Shikamaru and Temari
Not that it'll be a big reveal.
I hate to admit it. But that's probably the most likely scenario if only because it's by far the safest pairing that can he can make official IMO. Funny thing about it (IMO) is that didn't Kishi state years ago in an interview that it was never his intention for fans to start shipping them together?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 02:09   Link #93
Alena_92

Guys why all the resentment.. cant we just get over it and accept that this is Kishi story and not ours. if you want a different ending then write your own manga.. believe it or not i like the outcome of this story..

Naruto is not just about ninja war, fighting and all that stuff.. the fighting, the power, the extra ordinary strong ninja's are just part of the story which makes this manga cool but let us not forget that this is a life story about naruto.. i guess everybody could remember naruto's ninja way to never give up. and let us not forget that Jiraiya passed the quest that he did not finish to naruto on what to do about hatred in the shinobi world. this is exactly what he is doing right now.. okay, if you guys are better than Kishi. then what are you gonna do about hatred? lets just be happy and move on..

im looking forward to some naruhina moment here now. when Naruto mentioned about what Kushina said about finding a girl that is as great as she is and Naruto saying that it will not go as his mom want everything to be, im sensing his thinking about hinata. knowing hinata's personality is opposite to his mom.. i just cant help it..im excited about the ending and Naruto and Hinata together

Peace everyone!! :P
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 03:26   Link #94
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
if you're going to allow obito to blame the ninja system, then madara should get equal treatment. it was the ninja system that killed all his brothers and that suffering led him to gain EMS and get flooded with uchiha-psycho chakra
There wasn't any ninja system in case of Madara, it was just chaos/anarchy. He and Hashirama succeeded in creating their dream, everything was good for the world, it was only Madara who thought that things are not good. Just like Sasuke right now who isn't really happy despite the fact that right now the whole ninja world is united and they won. He might say that he wants to create a better world but if he forces his ideas on the world its clearly a selfish act where he disregards what anyone else wants, so its a path to evil.

And lets not forget that Obito was just a 12 year old child while Madara was a grown up man, you can't judge them in the same way.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 06:37   Link #95
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena_92 View Post
Guys why all the resentment.. cant we just get over it and accept that this is Kishi story and not ours. if you want a different ending then write your own manga.. believe it or not i like the outcome of this story..

Naruto is not just about ninja war, fighting and all that stuff.. the fighting, the power, the extra ordinary strong ninja's are just part of the story which makes this manga cool but let us not forget that this is a life story about naruto.. i guess everybody could remember naruto's ninja way to never give up. and let us not forget that Jiraiya passed the quest that he did not finish to naruto on what to do about hatred in the shinobi world. this is exactly what he is doing right now.. okay, if you guys are better than Kishi. then what are you gonna do about hatred? lets just be happy and move on..

im looking forward to some naruhina moment here now. when Naruto mentioned about what Kushina said about finding a girl that is as great as she is and Naruto saying that it will not go as his mom want everything to be, im sensing his thinking about hinata. knowing hinata's personality is opposite to his mom.. i just cant help it..im excited about the ending and Naruto and Hinata together

NaruxHina is what i am betting on to, yes Hinata does not resemble Naruto's mother when it comes to personality, but neither does Naruto when it comes to his own father.

Naruto is more extrovert, Hinata more introvert, though when it comes to personality's anything can happen, maybe the older Naruto get's the less short-fused he gets lol.
Old 2014-09-07, 08:46   Link #96
itachi-san314

Quote:
There wasn't any ninja system in case of Madara, it was just chaos/anarchy
if anything then, the chaos was worse than the ninja system. at least with a village, each clan had more protection. i don't see your point. obito never said anything about the 'ninja system' being the cause. he said it was a world in which horrible things happen (just like madara's world that allowed madara's brothers to die). not to mention that madara formed the doctrine. obito just followed it

the ninja system certainly screwed sasuke, but i dont see how it screwed obito. it was just ninja-life in general
Old 2014-09-07, 16:06   Link #97
james0246

As a question for the sub-forum: when Naruto does end, would you prefer a singular "Thoughts, Reflections and Critiques Thread (manga-only)" or would you simply prefer to use a suitably titled last chapter thread? Technically a chapter thread should be focused on the specific chapter, but this is a fairly loose rule and has been generally used as a guideline for discussion (of course if a topic has no real connection to the chapter then it is generally pruned from the thread), so there is some leeway. I'm leaning toward a unified final thread with a separate chapter thread, but I am willing to be persuaded.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 19:16   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I'm leaning toward a unified final thread with a separate chapter thread
I'd like this most.
Old 2014-09-08, 01:01   Link #99
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'd like this most.
My vote?
seconded
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-09-08, 02:34   Link #100
FBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena_92 View Post

Did you forgot the part where he says despite that: he will try his best or working on getting that girl like Kushina (earlier he mentioned Sakura was somewhat his girlfriend, but they are not dating and received a
Headbutt for saying that, so he hesitated saying it again this time).

It was on the very NEXT page!

Implying he may still try to win Sakura's heart ( I am only saying this because she is the only one who has been paralled to Kushina by Minato). And confirmed to still like her even after the chakra hand holding from Hinata on chapter 631.

Though, even then , the final pairing may nt be revealed until the last movie.
FBF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion