AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 17:22   Link #61
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*points at avie* yea i feel like sobbing too
I was unsure about your avie, but now I recognise it... And yes, it looks too damn depressing. That scene was just a tear jerker...damn, change your avatar.

My one is well, so so...kawaii
Old 2007-02-05, 17:44   Link #62
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Yes, it's good, despite being too dark, too depressed, with a bitter bittersweet ending.

But seriously, even if I prefer happy endings, the series was very well made (at least on first watch), and the ending, while bittersweet, was well executed and justified. It's one of those little gems like HanTsuki and Shinigami no Ballad that only few of us have watched because they weren't well advertised and talked about on the forum.

It's those series that makes you have faith that even 6 eps may deliver something worthy of remembrance.
Actually, those 3 series you listed made me believe that 6 ep series can deliver much more of remembrance than a lot of the longer ones ... at least for me.

I had these 3 on my watch list for a while (i thought that 6ep series possibly can't be that great, + i had rarely(if ever) seen them advertised, so i was postponing them)... then i finally sat down and watched one of them (I think Iriya was the first) ... needless to say - my faith in 6 ep series skyrocketed, and i quickly glumped down the other two... the day i watched Iriya was a good day indeed
Old 2007-02-05, 17:49   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I still need to get my hands on the box to house all volumes..

But yeah, Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is a wonderful series - one i believe is best viewed when watching all the episodes together. Doesn't take that long with only six episodes - i've done that a few times myself. :3

& i really don't have to mention how much i love the musical score - did that enough back when it was airing.
Old 2007-02-05, 20:08   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Under the radar" is right - this is a fantastic series. Whatever way you describe the ending, it served the series well.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 20:22   Link #65
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Yes, this is one of the most under-rated (or under the radar) series IMO. If you looking for an emotional, sad and interesting sci-fi drama, give this a try.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 00:11   Link #66
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually, those 3 series you listed made me believe that 6 ep series can deliver much more of remembrance than a lot of the longer ones... at least for me....
Yes, all three -- Hantsuki, Shinigami no Ballad, and Iriya -- leave long-echoing emotions for me, too. They seem more emotionally concentrated than longer series. Being episodic, Shinigami no Ballad did it differently, but all three series worked beautifully, for me. Since this kind of bittersweet emotion is one of the things I love, I look forward to more series like these. I personally think that very few 26-episode series should be that long. Most include a lot of filler episodes. I wonder what the economics of this kind of short series is?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 04:41   Link #67
martino
makes no files now

That's what was good on this. No filler stories. The plot was set, and then it just went forward. No holdbacks by anything. It just kept following that straight line...
Old 2007-02-06, 08:25   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
The plot was set, and then it just went forward. No holdbacks by anything. It just kept following that straight line...
I've watched a lot of 26 episode shows that are just like that. To many people are picky with "oh damn, its a filler", when the actually episode has a lot to do with the overall story of the series.
Old 2007-02-06, 10:16   Link #69
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen the 1st and 2nd episodes. Well, I am a sucker for romance/drama animes so I decided to check this out. Story-wise, it was really good. I like the romantic atmosphere 'round it which reminds me of Saikano because of that war thingy. Btw, that last scene on ep. 2 when Kana writes the reason she wants to be in the club...that was really touching.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 12:07   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Nice, more blood is flowing in This anime needs more supporters .... i am trying to recommend it as much as possible
And while it is indeed very similar to Saikano, i prefer Iriya any day of the week, 8 days a week, 25 hours a day

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-02-06 at 12:22.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 12:33   Link #71
martino
makes no files now

Spoiler for just in case...:
Old 2007-02-06, 16:34   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ oh no that was a bad point >.< but on the plus side...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 18:45   Link #73
martino
makes no files now

I don't know, I think that it was there for a reason. It made it more "realistic" and it made a bigger emotional impact on me...
Old 2007-02-06, 19:03   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ no i mean "bad" as in bad for the soul someone seeing someone you want to hug in pain just kills your spirit >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 19:12   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And while it is indeed very similar to Saikano, i prefer Iriya any day of the week, 8 days a week, 25 hours a day
She, the Ultimate Weapon just fails at getting the point across - that and the manga version works out to be the better version, story telling and art style. <3

But yeah, i agree - Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu works perfectly, and its only six episodes which can be watched in just one sitting.
Old 2007-02-06, 19:31   Link #76
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She, the Ultimate Weapon just fails at getting the point across - that and the manga version works out to be the better version, story telling and art style. <3
Agreed - imo it was trying too hard to be emotional, and i ended up with the feeling it is trying to push the emotions and drama down my throat, which does not sit well with me. That, and the animation sucks

Quote:
But yeah, i agree - Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu works perfectly, and its only six episodes which can be watched in just one sitting.
Oh - you have no idea what can be watched in one sitting, provided an over-the-top interest in the thing you are watching *cough* Higurashi *Cough* ... damn, my eyes were going after that little stunt
Old 2007-02-06, 20:07   Link #77
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Sigh

Iriya, and the series was like a shooting star that flashes brilliantly in the
night and before you know it, it's gone.

It's like that.
Old 2007-02-06, 20:34   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh - you have no idea what can be watched in one sitting, provided an over-the-top interest in the thing you are watching *cough* Higurashi *Cough* ... damn, my eyes were going after that little stunt
Just so you know - i spent my new years eve/into day rewatching Higuashi no Naku Koro ni. :3
Old 2007-02-06, 20:40   Link #79
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just so you know - i spent my new years eve/into day rewatching Higuashi no Naku Koro ni. :3
Isn't that nice? To start out your New Year with a scream instead of a bang? With a nice glory of blood and psychos than colorful fireworks ?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 20:47   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Isn't that nice? To start out your New Year with a scream instead of a bang? With a nice glory of blood and psychos than colorful fireworks ?
It worked perfect for me - and to stay on topic, i did rewatch Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu the week after. :3

Tags
drama, fantasy, romance, shounen