Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 15:49   Link #3921
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Did you just say Shioon isn't a Murim-in? What?
are you serious?....

....did you read "the breaker"? ...or new waves?

shioon is a dude who got bullied, ... he met 9arts, .......and......then plot happen.

so.. shioon is not a murin, he was a normal person( ), then he got powers.. and was "thrown" in murin world........ so he is a murim in name , but he was not raised as a murin, so his way of thinking and modus operandi is different (and moral code ).. ...he "break " the murim lifestyle and way of thinking.....

is like:" you live in A..... but then you travel to B, you can be part of B, but you have different way to see the world, than the person who was born and raised in B"

hence the title "the breaker" (also the new waves subtitle)...... but, this also can vary depending on the reader, some people thinks is about 9arts, or shioon, or the existence of murim world..... or is just a title
Old 2014-07-11, 15:54   Link #3922
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
are you serious?....

....did you read "the breaker"? ...or new waves?

shioon is a dude who got bullied, ... he met 9arts, .......and......then plot happen.

so.. shioon is not a murin, he was a normal person( ), then he got powers.. and was "thrown" in murin world........ so he is a murim in name , but he was not raised as a murin, so his way of thinking and modus operandi is different (and moral code ).. ...he "break " the murim lifestyle and way of thinking.....

is like:" you live in A..... but then you travel to B, you can be part of B, but you have different way to see the world, than the person who was born and raised in B"

hence the title "the breaker" (also the new waves subtitle)...... but, this also can vary depending on the reader, some people thinks is about 9arts, or shioon, or the existence of murim world..... or is just a title
You're saying the current Martial Arts Alliance chief, as well as a leader of one of the 2 biggest Murim clans isn't a Murim-in.

That's ridiculous. 9AD is implied to not have been born a Murim-in either. He has a flashback of getting bullied and begging Un-Wol to teach him martial arts. Sera even explains that not all murim are born into it when she explains the History of Murim.

I think we have a difference of opinion so fundamental I can't ever agree with you on anything.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 16:14   Link #3923
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
yep, chapter was good, but i started to feel that something is odd with shioon.....maybe because the authors want to show him more serious and mature.. but feels a bit forced....i just hope that, this doesn't take the pride route with shioon ( to much sunwoo pride.... dude you are not murim, a little pride is ok.... just don't abuse... )
[...]
You forgot the fact that a nice old guy gave his life for him, even though Shi-woon did his best to look as incompetent as possible until then. That man believed in Shi-woon, even though Shi-woon himself did not believe in himself. The change was caused by this sacrifce, in case you didn't notice. It has moved Shi-woon's heart and made him realize that his behaviour until then was too naive.

If you re-read the first chapters in that hospital on that isolated island, then you would understand what I mean. It was indeed sudden when he suddenly awoke as a proud man in that hospital (though may have to do with the Ki-center recovery as well, which may have had a psychological effect on Shioon), but you cannot say that the newest chapter was the first time it happened.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 17:07   Link #3924
dazo

well anonfr ,murim is a sub-world, you can enter and be part of it, if you want....

but to gain a good position in that world , you need to be part of a clan or form one yourself.. so you can gain political power ( you also need raw power), so you can survive.....

.... but to win over people you need to understand people (understand they lifestyle, manners),you need to be charismatic.... and if you are from outside this world, you gain a lot more troubles, people will not recognize you easily, and to this you need to add , that the other clans, will not sit and watch you rise( the same problems than in the normal world, more people, less wealth for my group, lets preserve the Statu quo so i can live well ), so ....... you need a lot of power, luck, good allies(but i don't know anyone, i enter murim yesterday.. well..bad for you..*cof grunt cof*) ......

... or you can be the student of the 9arts + pill and gain the phoenix medallion, that give you the position of the leader, even then, the high members of the clan will try to manipulate you, or kill you... but you can win over them....no?(without mc powers)

so shioon is not a person from murim, he enter murim

well 9arts, "breaks" tradition during in the Shinmujengpe, you dont "need" to win the battles, is something that you should know if you live all your life in murim:

"However, during the last Shinmujengpe, Chun-Woo Han conquered all nine seats of power earning the title, and bringing chaos in the Murim world by declaring that he will change the whole Murim"

so, he also enter murin, and change that world, good thing, bad thing, doesn't matter.. for the clans this was a atrocity, but for someone from outside that world is just a event.

...but the world is in constant change if chun-woo would have chosen another way to live ,he "maybe" would be more happy.... but other person would rise to try to change the system.

GreyZone, a bit of pride is good, but if you become a prideful person, you gain a weakness, you need to think before act, and sometimes is better a retreat than death, this is more important when you are in charge, and lives depend on you.

Last edited by dazo; 2014-07-11 at 18:07.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 18:52   Link #3925
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
GreyZone, a bit of pride is good, but if you become a prideful person, you gain a weakness, you need to think before act, and sometimes is better a retreat than death, this is more important when you are in charge, and lives depend on you.
I think you are talking about honour here. Pride, however, is something that Shi-woon had ever since starting to learn martial arts. It's like he is trying to overcome his past bullied self. And after that black-bearded elder's death, Shi-woon also started to take up honour and self-confidence.
Old 2014-07-14, 12:24   Link #3926
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
9AD used the exact same moves in the first series.

That last move might've been Focus Stomp.

Actually.

I knew I recognized that from somewhere.
Old 2014-07-14, 20:06   Link #3927
dazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think you are talking about honour here. Pride, however, is something that Shi-woon had ever since starting to learn martial arts. It's like he is trying to overcome his past bullied self. And after that black-bearded elder's death, Shi-woon also started to take up honour and self-confidence.
nope, i talk about pride, just look at shioon now, is all about sunwoo pride this, sunwoo pride that..

pride is having a high opinion of oneself, an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishment, a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise (wiki )

honor is a way of acting, an ideological concept in other words a moral quality

pride make us artificial and easily manipulated, lets say:

if a enemy ( or another clan) mock the sunwoo clan, shioon will react based in pride, for the honor of sunwoo, but this enemy is not a fool, he know how shioon will act, so he prepare a situation, ....by the time shioon send the sunwoo grunts, this enemy is already prepared, so he can slaughter all of them from differents sides.

what i want to say is:

i dont want to see a prideful shioon fall to earth, sera is a mastermind and you don't see her speaking about what she can do.

plus pride based in a group is the most weak, is like killing a jedi , just kill the allies, if they are good persons bystander will work, if they are "evil" , kill theirs ideals, or break the group from inside.

but, lets see how this story unfold

Last edited by dazo; 2014-07-14 at 20:29.
Old 2014-07-25, 13:51   Link #3928
Bombo
TSF Fans

Sunni chan so cuuuuute ~
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 21:25   Link #3929
ta2666

So is he doped up or what?
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 22:20   Link #3930
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
So is he doped up or what?
He's on drugs, Or, was on drugs.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 00:40   Link #3931
dazo

hahaha

they drugged 9art....what could possibly go wrong?

sunni make this chapter worth.......it was about time..

....... wait...... she is the same girl from the bonus, lee kim-soon(tits) or a new character

i can sense a ha-il battle as a filler.....and jinnie is leaving the harem in the future....mmm .....foreshadowing?

Last edited by dazo; 2014-07-26 at 00:56.
Old 2014-07-26, 00:55   Link #3932
zibi88

This chapter gave me the feeling that Jinie rised a death flag on elder kwon.... like she couldnt say the last line to him... and when he dies it will stay on her mind for long time

the flag rised when she said... he will be fine he is the strongest out there....

About jine living the harem...well its possible but since she is the girl from chapter1 I doubt it... but maybe she needs to step back a while for sosul to appear (step back becouse of her grand father death so it would take some time for her to shake up)

Well at least elder kwon might be seriously injured and is placed in a hospital... giving shioon new arc involved in hospitals... which is revivial of shiho

Sosul mostly like gromo is beign drugged so it will take shiho to be there as those two were speding some time in that apartment
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 01:17   Link #3933
dazo

Quote:
This chapter gave me the feeling that Jinie rised a death flag on elder kwon
yeah,i sense that too...but with the breaker "speed",.....we are gonna forget all about this death flag.

the good thing with sosul, is that her return means the end of shioon as a head clan...so drama time....hehehe.....all the sunwoo turning against shioon without second thoughts.

but the most probably outcome is that some members will remain with shioon and form a new group.

shiho is the "get out of jail free card", but i don't see her return until 3 part.
Old 2014-07-26, 02:37   Link #3934
Xacual

I highly, highly doubt many of the Sunwoo would side with Sosul over Shioon. Sosul was their princess, but she was not a leader. She also put her authority in Shioon's hands with passing him the medallion. Shioon throughout New Waves has come into that authority and gotten to the point where he has the respect of the entire clan as their leader.

Sosul coming back and trying to reassert her authority wouldn't do so well. Pretty sure she's brainwashed like 9AD though so who knows if she'll even do that, she might not even remember she is the Sunwoo heir.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 10:07   Link #3935
Quol
That Guy

Its probably the Black Defense Group that is responsible for the 9AD and Sosul. As for who the Sunwoo clan would remain loyal to, it would be Sosul without a doubt. Even if Shioon is the current leader he is only temporary, she is the true leader.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 21:05   Link #3936
Wolfpack

Ugh... for some reason, I feel like 9AD's death flag has been raised. I hope not.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 06:08   Link #3937
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Shiwoon looked like Yagami Light in that last panel.
Old 2014-08-01, 10:51   Link #3938
zibi88

damn it... it takes sooo freaking long... the chaper each week feels even more short... as it doesnt happen anything big ;/ ... talk talk talk 2pages of elder kwon and gain talk talk talk with some 1pages panel wasters...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 12:03   Link #3939
kyp275
Meh

the breaker, breaking the limit of what was previously thought the slowest pacing possible every week.

It's quite the feat to make Bleach look fast paced.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 14:35   Link #3940
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Time for some kickass....... tune in next week, lol.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves