AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-12, 16:40   Link #21
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Sakura is one cool MC. Sure there are funny moments where he goes SD but when it comes to substance, he's got guts and the skills to back it up. Now that we've seen the class and some of the other characters, I'm really interested to see how he holds up against them.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-12, 19:18   Link #22
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
First ep was good. The show has great animation, as to be expected given the studio producing it. MC a bit too tsundere for my tastes, but overall, he keeps his demeanor well enough as to where the tsun moments don't feel excessive.

Second ep was also good, but man, I cannot STAND chars like the blond kid. Must every shounen anime have these kinds of chars? Its one thing to have a char like that in passing, but seeing him latch onto MC with his stupid little quips like he doesn't have his own life is really off-putting. Not off-putting enough to drop, but still....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 01:16   Link #23
Thor's Hammer

Is Kotoha a much older woman than Sakura? I get the impression from these first two episodes that she doesn't go to school. Either she finished school already, or she dropped out to support her grandparents or something.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 02:15   Link #24
Tenzen12

Could be, but as far as we know Sakura doesn't skip classes, so we seen Kotoha only before or after school. It could go either way, really.
Old 2024-04-26, 21:19   Link #25
Thor's Hammer

So Kotoha is just mature-looking and is 16 just like Sakura.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 08:09   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Man, did they really have to do the reiatsu/aura thing? A show that has it, fine, but lets keep the fighting concepts grounded to reality. They could have easily did without the whole "I can't even approach them because their aura is too much!"; just let him see his demeanor changing and that they are stronger just using his observation.

Next ep(today) should be the fights. Hope they didn't blow all of the budget in ep 1's last Sakura-solo segment =0v....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
So Kotoha is just mature-looking and is 16 just like Sakura.
Yeah wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not really. Could have gone both ways. I guess her going to school is just not shown(unless she doesn't attend school, but I'm not sure a single girl working/cooking in a house-/restaurant before and after school is a common occurrence).

Old 2024-05-03, 11:58   Link #27
Tenzen12

Pretty sure there were no literal mystical invisible energy field around people that only choose ones can see in action this episode. Just think of it as instincts trained through fights.
Old 2024-05-03, 19:55   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well I knew they wouldn't get to Sakura fight this ep when they were slowly walking to the venue where they would be fighting. Sugi went in full force, knocking the other dude in a single blow. I expected he would flush that guy; he just talked too much s***. But Sou; bruh decided to embarrass his opponent. Did the Rock Lee and everything . Fortunately the animation still good, and can't wait for Sakura fight.

Ume's stare at Tomi and Kame makes me think Kame is the true leader of the Shishitoren, even if he is the 2nd strongest(if he secretly isn't THE strongest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Pretty sure there were no literal mystical invisible energy field around people that only choose ones can see in action this episode. Just think of it as instincts trained through fights.
Yeah you're right. I just saw the simple figurative concept and started complaining to myself that it was 'aura'. I've been kinda overly critical about things recently and not paying as much attention . I'm gettin' old .