AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-24, 19:34   Link #81
grecefar

While not a bad fight, it didn't feel like a big deal. Mash is expressionless but his fight against carpaccio was more brutal and felt like he would die there. It doesn't seem that mash even went all out, didn't use his wand either.

like I said, they overhyped macaron too much. At least we may get to see an spar between dumbledore and voldemort.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-24, 23:32   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
While not a bad fight, it didn't feel like a big deal. Mash is expressionless but his fight against carpaccio was more brutal and felt like he would die there. It doesn't seem that mash even went all out, didn't use his wand either.

like I said, they overhyped macaron too much. At least we may get to see an spar between dumbledore and voldemort.
To be fair he was the first fight of the tournament...not that it looks like it's continuing .
Old 2024-03-02, 12:31   Link #83
Frontier

It's Dumbledore vs Voldermort! I mean, Wahlberg vs Innocent Zero! With the fate of Mash Burnedead and the magical world on the line !

Did they really update the dance in the OP with all the characters? They even had Walhberg and Innocent Zero doing it .

Scissor dude really thought he had any role in this fight, but Wahlberg was able to intimidate him with pure bloodlust! He is jumping way above his league. This is a battle between Wahlberg and Innocent Zero, a battle that has spanned ages, ever since they were students of the original Divine Visionary, Adam. And with that in mind they unleash their full power and the Gods Uranus and Chronos that imbue their wands .

Innocent Zero only cares about becoming a complete being, and uses everyone, even his own son, for that end...but that also means he has no problem risking civilians in his mad quest, which means Wahlberg has to wake up the heavy hitters to fight all the monsters Innocent Zero summons...and they're on the level of two-liners !

Cell has a giant magical stone read to launch into the stadium, calling Mash out to his tower of stone...though Mash can just kick it down to size like he does most everything. Though all the tension is kind of drained when Cell realizes Mash has completely forgotten about him. Worse, he just sees his head as a cream puff .

I really didn't expect one of the bad guys to literally be called SITTER BABY and have the power to transform his opponents into babies, which leaves Dot and Lance both left as precocious and adorable tykes who can only say "bababooo" but Sitter didn't count on Lance being an exceptionally powerful mage even as a baby .

Jeez, Innocent Zero doesn't even have a face any more. Though he can morph it to look like his old one, though it just goes to show how far he's come in terms of abandoning his humanity in the pursuit of becoming a perfect being .

Mash DOES remember Cell! As the black thorn guy! Which means Mash also remembers his attacks so it's easy to just RUN ACROSS MULTIPLE AIRBONRE STONE SPIKES to deliver a punch straight to his face. Mash isn't going to fall for the same trick twice .
Old 2024-03-02, 20:59   Link #84
grecefar

figures that wahlberg was hiding the other lines for whatever reason.

I was like mash in this chapter, I didn't remember that blond guy lol.
Old 2024-03-04, 07:24   Link #85
patnam

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 10:58   Link #86
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This OP fits Mash to a T .
Old 2024-03-09, 12:30   Link #87
Frontier

I love how Mash has no magic yet he remembers his opponents' magic more than he does their faces .

So Adam, the original Divine Visionary, was not only the founder of magic theorem and learning, as well as the Bureau of Magic, but he was even a class act who cared even for those who didn't have magic! What a guy .

Of course that just makes it all the more horrifying when Innocent Zero revives his corspe in pristine condition, minus his mind, so he can be puppeted by Necross Manse to use against Wahlberg, with all his Dark Magic power intact! It's like Orochimaru and the 1st/2nd Hokage only there's nothing left of the original !

(So there was Wahlberg, Innocent Zero, and a third student for Adam? It kind of looked like a woman ?)

Toshihiko Seki as Adam! Wataru Hatano as a young Wahlberg! Adam was a bit of a goofball, but he passed on the true meaning of Nobless Oblige onto Wahlberg, his favorite student (which Innocent Zero maybe resented a little), and with that in mind Wahlberg will even fight his old masters' corpse to protect the present-day he's helped carry forward in his memory .

Adam's dark magic is supremely powerful...but it's got nothing on Wahlberg's space magic. His wand even has funnels! And he's so powerful with just his wand that when he finally uses a real spell, Necross doesn't stand a chance and gets warped with Adam's body to who knows where! Wahlberg wasn't kidding about how powerful he is !

Everyone is busy fighting the monsters, while Mash is asking the real questions...why do they need him? Well, it turns out that Innocent Zero created six kids and plans to use their hearts to make him immortal, and Mash is one of them. So Mash has five siblings? Do they all have no magic like he does? And Cell is an Innocent Zero clone? This is a lot. Mash needs to take a nap to process all of this .

Cell can't smugly monologue without getting a Mash fist to the face, but he can summon his Hephaestus wand and let loose homing spinning disks that can cut through anything, including Mash. It takes all of Mash's skills to be able to dodge them .

"My place of learning!" Never change Mash .

How to avoid spinning disks? Why, run all the way around school and get right behind them! They have impenetrable stone skin? Why just choke them out with seconds to spare and make them think they're enjoying a cream puff party as they go unconscious !
Old 2024-03-09, 19:38   Link #88
grecefar

walhberg is so powerful, he beat his master without much effort but I'm pretty sure that zombie didn't have even half of the true power adam jobs had, a failed edo tensei.

and after a serious fight it's mash time to fight with his funny moments. Now it seems everybody is hiding lines, everyone and their mother will have 3 lines then.
Old 2024-03-16, 11:29   Link #89
Frontier

I love how the recap for the last episode can basically be summed up as "Wahlberg and Mash are tough!"

Oh hey, Newry and Ryoh! And they're being really self-aware with them traveling for two episodes and acknowledging the narrator actually exists .

Mash wins his fight and just chills out with cream puffs and Cell laying on the floor with his butt pointed out .

Now Orter just sounds like a tsundere when it comes to acknowledging Mash's strength. But Ryoh knows he's the third hottest guy in this situation !

It's space vs time as Wahlberg and Innocent Zero do battle! Wahlberg has amazing power, but Innocent Zero is ferocious and unrelenting in his time magic, even costing Wahlberg his arm !

Innocent Zero only fights for himself, and that is the source of his power, but in his youth Walhberg too was a sickly, withdrawn, boy who didn't see any need for human relationships or to care about anyone other than himself...but it was Adam and his incessant animal facts always being there for him and trying to draw him out of his shell that helped push him out of his comfort zone and be the man we see today .

Wahlberg unleashed his Thirds! Complete with giant Mecha Uranus! And a spacial field that envelops all of Innocent Zero's magic !

Even if Innocent Zero is able to kill Wahlberg, he'll put all his magic and his life into one last attack to defeat Innocent Zero and protect the precious student and world Wahlberg inherited from Adam, to live up to the ideals of Noblesse Oblige .

And while it is a spectacular finish...Innocent Zero just rewinds time to avoid the attack. But just when Wahlberg things it's all over...Mash comes in and knees his "dad" in the face! If space magic wasn't enough, it's time for Innocent Zero to face muscle magic !
Old 2024-03-23, 11:31   Link #90
Frontier

Mash is awesome! Even the narrator acknowledges it! Of course he's also flying by literally air-walking, which probably everybody realized last episode, but it's Mash, what do you expect ?

It's time for Mash to confront his father, Innocent Zero, with his fists! Nobody is going to hurt the elderly on his watch !

Of course, as strong as Mash is, Innocent Zero is equally (if not more) dangerous because he doesn't just have his own magic...he also has his master Adam Jobbs', as well as Wahlberg's space magic! Not to mention he can actually withstand a Mash beatdown !

They're only advantage is that Innocent Zero's body can't contain all that magic power, which is exactly why Innocent Zero needs Mash. Mash is a magic-less, sturdy, shell that he can implant his consciousness and his magic into for the perfect body. Though no way is Mash giving himself up without a fight !

Though Innocent Zero realizes he needs to recover, so rather than be the Final Boss of this season, he'll just let a giant colossus made up of all the demons they summoned be that instead. It'll be a battle of overwhelming strength vs overwhelming strength .

And OF COURSE everyone wakes up just in time to witness a giant monster about to kill them...and someone has set up a barrier that prevents them from escaping. Though they never did find who set up the barriers .

I love how eveyone is panicked and Lemon is sill just worried about Mash. Heck, she's only frustrated about dying because it means hey never got to go on their honeymoon together .

Even if she's not there, the power of Lance's sister will spur him on! And for some reason Dot will see it too !

When they needed him most, Mash would put all his strength into playing tug of war with the colossus, to the point of his hands bleeding, and rallying everyone in the audience to root for him and believe in him! To the point where he's able to toss that thing through some mountains and blow it up! If you ask me, Mash won this Divine Visionary exam through that alone .

Poor Lemon, Finn's voice is what got through to Mash to cinch his win and he'd rather eat a cream puff than give her a victory smooch .
Old 2024-03-23, 16:18   Link #91
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Decent episode, but the conclusion to the big monster fight was stupid. I guess friendship power lets him hurl a gigantic powerful monster miles away and makes it explode upon impact. What I was expecting was for Orter and/or Ryoh to fight the magic barrier guy, defeat him, THEN Mash being able to overpower the monster, but not to the degree it was shown. I guess that's a Mashle thing to do, but I felt it was too over-the-top for my tastes.

The fight between Mash and Iz was okay, though a bit anti-climatic. Iz basically just gave up, rather than being pushed(unless you count him pushing himself magically), but it was still a solid of a fight as you'd expect between a non-magic MC in the air, and the most powerful mage in the world(I guess).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 12:07   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Decent episode, but the conclusion to the big monster fight was stupid. I guess friendship power lets him hurl a gigantic powerful monster miles away and makes it explode upon impact. What I was expecting was for Orter and/or Ryoh to fight the magic barrier guy, defeat him, THEN Mash being able to overpower the monster, but not to the degree it was shown. I guess that's a Mashle thing to do, but I felt it was too over-the-top for my tastes.

The fight between Mash and Iz was okay, though a bit anti-climatic. Iz basically just gave up, rather than being pushed(unless you count him pushing himself magically), but it was still a solid of a fight as you'd expect between a non-magic MC in the air, and the most powerful mage in the world(I guess).
Honestly I was expecting Dot to fight the barrier guy because he's the only one who hadn't gotten a major fight up to this point.
Old 2024-03-30, 11:29   Link #93
Frontier

Hey, Dot finally beat someone! I mean, pretty much off-screen and it was as complete nobody...but still! Although Orter didn't really need to double-down on crushing the guy afterwards...but I guess he needs to work out his frustration over Mash on SOMEBODY. Especially when he's fighting against the tide of all the people accepting Mash .

The Bureau of Magic is covering up exactly what happened during Innocent Zero's attack and Mash's involvement...but that's okay, because he can spend his time with his friends and have a Beach Episode !

Even Wahlberg is chilling out and relaxing! He may have lost an arm, Innocent Zero is still the most fearsome magic user in the entire setting, and there's the Five Brothers (Mash's siblings?) to worry about...but at least they've got Mash .

Now all Mash has to do is graduate with everybody and become a Divine Visionary! The only problem is that in his way is the one thing even he can't punch his way out of...schoolwork !

Bless Mash's friends for trying to teach him (especially when Dot, against all odds, is actually a pretty good student) even if it's all too overwhelming for him and he up and bails (through a window, in fact). But luckily Finn is able to get through to him and his friends' faith in him is enough to let him commit and scrape by .

I love how everyone but Finn can now understand Bamboo Senpai .

Oh no! The whole world now knows about Mash and there's a lynch mob out to get him! Good thing his faithful wife Lemon is there to passionately defend him, as well as his personal agent Dot who can give these idiots the most effective message...a finger .

Say what you want about how delusional Lemon is in her love for Mash, but her feelings and consideration towards him are genuine, and when she's in trouble and getting hurt on his behalf, there's no way Mash won't step in and show these idiots that a lack of magic doesn't mean he's a pushover or willing to let those he care about get harmed in front of him !

And with a proper demonstration of his power, and renewed motivation to become a Divine Visionary not only for Regro and for the betterment of this world but for his friends, Mash punches the screen one last time with his muscle magic !
Old 2024-03-30, 13:03   Link #94
magnuskn

Seriously, at this point it's just blindingly obvious that Mash is just using his inherent magic to self-enhance his body. ^^

Anyway, good series, but the shtick got a bit old by the end of S2. 7,5/10.
Old 2024-03-30, 14:17   Link #95
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Seriously, at this point it's just blindingly obvious that Mash is just using his inherent magic to self-enhance his body. ^^

Anyway, good series, but the shtick got a bit old by the end of S2. 7,5/10.
He has no magic, all he has is a perfect body.
Old 2024-03-30, 16:03   Link #96
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Guess they HAD to make Lemon do SOMETHING to be more than just an useless char. Anyway, this season was okay; pretty much the same quality as the prev season. Fights and story are solid, but it's brand of humor is long past unfunny to me.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-30, 18:08   Link #97
grecefar

yeah, finally lemon had her moment defending mash, it was really nice and dot becoming his agent was hilarious.

good battles and some funny moments but I did have some issues with this, still 7/10.
Old 2024-03-30, 18:44   Link #98
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
He has no magic, all he has is a perfect body.
If Wahlberg were smart, he'd just claim that Mash is a special magic user who self-enhances instinctively. ^^