AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-15, 07:55   Link #1341
John117xCortana

So who won ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 07:57   Link #1342
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The target of the event is to take a crown on Ichika's head.
- This sounds oddly...familiar... (looks accusingly at Code Geass R2). I'm almost wondering if this kind of game actually occurs in Japanese schools, now. It probably DOESN'T for sanity's sake, but...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:07   Link #1343
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
- This sounds oddly...familiar... (looks accusingly at Code Geass R2). I'm almost wondering if this kind of game actually occurs in Japanese schools, now. It probably DOESN'T for sanity's sake, but...
ohmygod, code geass memories good times...

and about them actually doing it:

i would want to try that at my school
Old 2011-05-15, 08:11   Link #1344
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
So who won ?
The perpetrator herself of course(the student council president). The student council also won the best event because of this so Ichika join as vice president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i think we already understood like a page or two ago
Yet javiersansano and wavehawk seems to still have the wrong idea that the costume in the picture is a costume for maid cafe, which it is not.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:16   Link #1345
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
i would want to try that at my school
- A thought just hit me: Did they ever mention whether or not Ichika studied in an all-boys school or something?

Having studied in an all-boy's Catholic Elementary school (cringes) when I was a wee lad, it was a pretty weird experience when I first transferred to a co-ed high school. One thing I've found with most all-boys schools (ESPECIALLY Catholic ones) is that gusy from them are either way too interested in the opposite sex or completely disinterested in it (you know, the ones they're grooming to be priests).

Yes, I know he's supposed to be a typical harem lead, but still, a little explanation would be appreciated?
Old 2011-05-15, 08:30   Link #1346
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
- A thought just hit me: Did they ever mention whether or not Ichika studied in an all-boys school or something?

Yes, I know he's supposed to be a typical harem lead, but still, a little explanation would be appreciated?
ling was his classmate, so...

and i think ran was his junior so...
Old 2011-05-15, 08:39   Link #1347
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Yet javiersansano and wavehawk seems to still have the wrong idea that the costume in the picture is a costume for maid cafe, which it is not.
- No, the costumes are DEFINITELY not Maid-like (more princess-like), I was just confused to all hell when somebody started saying something about maid cafes...
Old 2011-05-15, 09:04   Link #1348
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
- No, the costumes are DEFINITELY not Maid-like (more princess-like), I was just confused to all hell when somebody started saying something about maid cafes...
maid cafe? where?

i thought they ran a butler cafe
Old 2011-05-15, 09:29   Link #1349
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ichika's class is doing maid cafe, with butler Ichika as the main attraction. Rin's class is doing Chinese food cafe IIRC.

Quote:
ling was his classmate, so...

and i think ran was his junior so...
Ran goes to an elite all-girls school, so Ichika has to be a transvestite if Ran is his junior :P. Well, although never explicitly stated, I don't think Ichika's junior high school is an all-boys school, and IIRC Rin is indeed his classmate for 1 year in junior high(not sure about the timeline when Rin transferred out though, either end of 1st year in junior high or before junior high starts)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:04   Link #1350
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

Having studied in an all-boy's Catholic Elementary school (cringes) when I was a wee lad, it was a pretty weird experience when I first transferred to a co-ed high school. One thing I've found with most all-boys schools (ESPECIALLY Catholic ones) is that gusy from them are either way too interested in the opposite sex or completely disinterested in it (you know, the ones they're grooming to be priests).

Y'know, catholic all-boys high schools nowadays are pretty 'manly'. The jokes, the behaviours are pretty what you would expect of someone who isn't in front of a girl. Also, catholic schools aren't really catholic anymore.
Old 2011-05-15, 20:33   Link #1351
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Y'know, catholic all-boys high schools nowadays are pretty 'manly'.
- Well, it was back in the 70's, when we still had nuns with rulers thwacking us whenever we even LOOKED at the all-girls school across the street--But that's off topic.

On-Topic: So that means there's no real reason Ichika should be...well, like that. Outside of Chifuyu's influence, that is.
Old 2011-05-15, 23:54   Link #1352
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Ran goes to an elite all-girls school, so Ichika has to be a transvestite if Ran is his junior :P.
that explains everything then
Old 2011-05-16, 07:29   Link #1353
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`ll rATHER imagine a maid-cafe
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 17:04   Link #1354
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I`ll rATHER imagine a maid-cafe
I read through so fast that I didn't actually keep it in mind...
Old 2011-05-16, 23:16   Link #1355
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Apparently, the IS Wiki mentions the Chinese version of the LNs was stopped on demand by the author--citing that he wasn't asked for permission to have it translated.

...I wonder if that's the only reason, or if he doesn't like the idea of his LN being read in China?
Old 2011-05-16, 23:25   Link #1356
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
...I wonder if that's the only reason, or if he doesn't like the idea of his LN being read in China?
does he have something against the chinese?
Old 2011-05-16, 23:37   Link #1357
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, do note that Cecilia, Laura, and Ling have certain stereotypical traits...not hugely negative ones, but still...
Old 2011-05-16, 23:56   Link #1358
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Well, do note that Cecilia, Laura, and Ling have certain stereotypical traits...not hugely negative ones, but still...
ahaha~ i doubt it's for anything more than comedy
Old 2011-05-17, 01:25   Link #1359
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Remember Axis Powers Hetalia...

Since it's a holiday here, chapter 3 should be updated within the next 12 hours. (Though I need to transfer data from a CD. Long story here.)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 02:11   Link #1360
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Apparently, the IS Wiki mentions the Chinese version of the LNs was stopped on demand by the author--citing that he wasn't asked for permission to have it translated.

That's the official LN translations on sale right? I just checked my unofficial sources and it's not down (yet) at least...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen