AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 13:22   Link #121
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm glad I'm hearing good things about this show then. This show is the only one of the two shows (waiting for Hyouka) that I'm looking forward to watch this spring season. I'll wait for a proper HD release by a better sub group.

So it's not license, is it okay to mention sub groups then?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 13:55   Link #122
Miraluka
Banned

Nice, the theme songs and OP + ED are a pleasure to hear, unlike certain series music themes that had me with the ears bleeding. Hope it will be a good plot trought the episodes.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 17:14   Link #123
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

The first episode was kind of simple and boring to me in the beginning. The opening theme was alright, but I loved the ending theme. It was really cute and it seems to fit the series well. The end almost made me giggle a bit because I found it a little unexpected. Overall, I hope the series continues to get better because I feel like it has a lot of potential.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:03   Link #124
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ya know ... I was kinda disappointed in the first ep. Seems like it went out of its way to make three of the four main charas as annoying (or maybe trying to show them as "realistic") as possible ... the quiet shrine maiden was the only one of the four who didn't come across as such.

And ... I still don't know what the story is about.

But there are some things that look interesting and I still feel the story has potential, so I am gonna keep giving the next few eps a try and hope it will get better. :\
Old 2012-04-04, 16:49   Link #125
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I liked the emotional conflict. It seems some depth can be developed in the characters.

I also liked the fact that Mina-chan and Ayahime are the featured pair -- both in this first ep and on the official site -- rather than the other two, who are generally more successful seiyuus (although not better, since I think Ayahime is the best of the four).

Enjoyed both the OP and the ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:19   Link #126
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Also kinda liked the OP/ED Sphere music ... sounded very much like their anime material, which in my book is good.

Hmm ... I guess for me the emotional conflict was not "convincing". Anyhoo ... it is only the first ep, and I will definitely be giving the next few a try.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:27   Link #127
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
(although not better, since I think Ayahime is the best of the four).
Yay!!
Someone giving her the props she deserves!
Wish she had more leading roles and was also glad to see her featured here.
Old 2012-04-04, 22:34   Link #128
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Both the OP and ED were really lovely, didn't think I'd like them as much as I do! And the visuals of the OP had a really nice friendship nostalgia factor to them that was really spot on.
Old 2012-04-05, 00:04   Link #129
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
...Hmm ... I guess for me the emotional conflict was not "convincing". Anyhoo ... it is only the first ep, and I will definitely be giving the next few a try.
I get that. I was a bit baffled by it, too. But it still felt interesting to me. We'll see how things go.

In prowling around the official site, I found a sort of "official portrait" of the four main seiyuus, featuring the two who are featured:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-04-05, 06:18   Link #130
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

First episode throws some conflict in already. Kick-starting character growth so quickly?

That aside, loved the ED theme, which was cute and the performance by the seiyuus were good. Haven't heard Takagaki Ayahi in a while, and I was impressed, as always.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:01   Link #131
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for spoiler ep1:
Old 2012-04-05, 14:09   Link #132
Midonin
Last Engage

Best to wait for the actual debut, I think. Luckily, the gap between preair and actual air wasn't that long.

Spoiler for Girls' Life 01 - All Hail the Magic Rock!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 00:37   Link #133
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Was skeptical about this at first, but now I am not really sure what to make of it. But the visuals are absolutely great, especially the background scenery at the beginning.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:45   Link #134
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Still not sure where this show is heading to. I'm fine with the drama and all, and the characters are great so far. It looks promising so we'll see.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 05:55   Link #135
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it was interesting at first but it became less and less throughout. Not exactly a ground breaking first episode. I couldn't really find any of the characters likeable so I didn't care much about their problems.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 09:06   Link #136
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Pretty decent ep. I lol'd at the flying, though.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:40   Link #137
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I watched it again and enjoyed it even more. I don't know whether I "like" the characters, but I find them strong and interesting. Saki has clearly been knocked for a loop by having to move, and has gone a bit crazy.

Ainama suits the soft-spoken miko character (more than she does Medaka). One of the best I've heard. And I thought the blaring voice of Tomacchan as the black-haired girl really worked.

There were good pics on the official site's characters page, so I put them together into a characters/seiyuus page to help those of us with poor memories/hearing skills keep the four straight.
Old 2012-04-06, 20:33   Link #138
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just watched the first episode.

I'm really loving Natsumi, and I'm really loving the conflict caused by the aloof/difficult Saki. Yuki and Rinko are fairly generic characters, but they do a good job of rounding out the cast and keeping things on an even keel. Basically, Yuki and Rinko compliment the much more high-strung/tense Natsumi and Saki.

Natsumi is really a great female lead, imo. I love how she has a genki girl side to her, but is also very serious minded and with a firm sense of duty/obligation. She actually reminds me a bit of Madoka Magica's Sayaka Miki, which is a definite plus for me.

Saki, for her part, is an intriguing character. I don't think she's heartless, but she's very proud, rigid, and irritable. How well her character is handled is going to be crucial to this anime, I think. She probably needs to be kept difficult enough to create compelling personality conflict (which she's doing so far, to her credit), but she also can't be so crude and stubborn as to become like Hanasaku Iroha's Minko at her worst. So far the anime has hit the sweet spot with her, and if it continues to do so, this will be a very, very good anime I think.

My main "red flag" issue is this wish-stone. That can become an awful Deus ex Machina that undercuts the personality conflicts if it's not used well.

So, overall, the first episode is very promising but it does show some potential problems as well. The quality of the writing will be key here. With good writing, this could be a sleeper hit (at a creative level, anyway, I admittedly have no clue how this will do commercially). With poor writing, this could become mediocre fast.

But I'm going to be optimistic here. It's already done two things very well that are important, and suggests that good writing is at work here - Have a strong, compelling lead protagonist and have excellent personality conflicts at play. I find that nothing is more important to a Slice of Life/Life Drama anime than those two elements.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:26   Link #139
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Spoiler for Story:
Spoiler for Story:
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 04:20   Link #140
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Spoiler for Story:
If it's gonna be like Idolm@ster : Xenoglossia, then who cares my quote ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural