AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-05, 06:41   Link #981
TimeMask
Phantom Member

In the new chapter Tobi stopped Sasuke killing some Konoha ninja, I'm not sure if they were in a bar in Konoha or somewhere else but its ironic to see Tobi stopping Sasuke from killing ninja when he's the bad guy.

If they were in a bar out of Konoha then they could have easily killed the Konoha ninja so Tobi can't be that evil if this is true.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-07 at 12:30.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 07:15   Link #982
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you are wrong. see ch 550 pg 13. itachi believed that sasuke would transplant his eyes to gain EMS... itachi told naruto nothing about sasuke gaining MS, just EMS.
Wow, this is quite sad. Oh well I tried.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:36   Link #983
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Wow, this is quite sad. Oh well I tried.
I feel the same buddy. at least I cited evidence to prove my point which you couldn't refute
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:05   Link #984
oneforthekidsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I think Tobi is Hashirama Senju or the 1st Hokage

since he was mentioned a lot in the last few chapters as courageous Ninja with ninjutsu that can be compared to the Sage of the Six Path

Image of him being ally of justice is already paved in our head

by making him a final boss/true villain surely will make things more interesting
you're forgetting that Orochimaru raised him from the dead but then Sarutobi sealed him and the 2nd away. Now because of him being sealed away he is no more. Even Kabuto tried to raise him from the dead again but it cant be done cuz of Sarutobi. So, its not Hashirama.
oneforthekidsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:46   Link #985
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
In the new chapter Tobi stopped Sasuke killing some Konoha ninja, I'm not sure if they were in a bar in Konoha or somewhere else but its ironic to see Tobi stopping Sasuke from killing ninja when he's the bad guy.

If they were in a bar out of Konoha then they could have easily killed the Konoha ninja so Tobi can't be that evil if this is true.
that was a poorly written scene imo so i wouldnt look too far into it. just the fact that they were trying to be discreet out in the open wearing black cloaks at a bar is ludicrous. the point kishi was trying to convey was that sasuke cared more about avenging itachi's disgrace than whatever mission he and tobi were on, and tobi calmed him down and said the discretion of the mission took precedence. ..or maybe they were just relaxing having a drink and not wanting to be seen for some reason... either way it was pretty dumb. i wouldn't make any statements about tobi's motivation based on that scene. it is true though that we dont see tobi just mindlessly slaughtering people ever (like sasuke was doing to the samurai) so tobi is more of a 'kills only when necessary' bad guy devoted to a goal as opposed to a maniac or something.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:00   Link #986
samehadaku

i think he is a madara clone...
samehadaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 05:14   Link #987
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneforthekidsyc View Post
you're forgetting that Orochimaru raised him from the dead but then Sarutobi sealed him and the 2nd away. Now because of him being sealed away he is no more. Even Kabuto tried to raise him from the dead again but it cant be done cuz of Sarutobi. So, its not Hashirama.
well if he is truly a great ninja I don't think it's hard for him to make a dead wood clone body of himself

and the fact that some part of his face is in Madara's body is too convenient to be ignored considering Tobi is wearing a mask

my theory was based under the impression that Hashirama Body + Sharingan = Perfect Ninja to replace Sage of the Six Path
Old 2012-04-11, 08:33   Link #988
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
that was a poorly written scene imo so i wouldnt look too far into it. just the fact that they were trying to be discreet out in the open wearing black cloaks at a bar is ludicrous. the point kishi was trying to convey was that sasuke cared more about avenging itachi's disgrace than whatever mission he and tobi were on, and tobi calmed him down and said the discretion of the mission took precedence. ..or maybe they were just relaxing having a drink and not wanting to be seen for some reason... either way it was pretty dumb. i wouldn't make any statements about tobi's motivation based on that scene. it is true though that we dont see tobi just mindlessly slaughtering people ever (like sasuke was doing to the samurai) so tobi is more of a 'kills only when necessary' bad guy devoted to a goal as opposed to a maniac or something.
The Tobi / Sasuke bar flashback was good compared to the usual part 1 flashbacks we have seen so many times, it's like Kishi thinks we forgot Naruto part 1.

Tobi killed Danzo's men when he didn't need so Tobi doesn't only kill when necessary but the bar flashback did show a good side to Tobi with him sparing the Konoha ninja in the bar.

@articuzwolf Danzo also had the face of the 1st hokage on him so maybe the 1st hokage still has his face in his grave.

Oro may have found a way to make copies of the 1st hokage's face for Danzo and Madara's body's like Tobi did with the clone which Yamato is trapped with.
Old 2012-04-11, 08:36   Link #989
itachi-san314

Quote:
Tobi killed Danzo's men when he didn't need so Tobi doesn't only kill when necessary but the bar flashback did show a good side to Tobi with him sparing the Konoha ninja in the bar.
we never saw him actually kill them. also, he did need to get rid of them. he wanted danzo alone so that sasuke could face him. that served at least 2 purposes for tobi's plan. 1 was to see sasuke fight and the other was to give sasuke a gift so that he sided with tobi even moreso hopefully
Old 2012-04-11, 08:40   Link #990
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
we never saw him actually kill them. also, he did need to get rid of them. he wanted danzo alone so that sasuke could face him. that served at least 2 purposes for tobi's plan. 1 was to see sasuke fight and the other was to give sasuke a gift so that he sided with tobi even moreso hopefully
Tobi killed 1 of Danzo's henchmen and made Kabuto use Edo Tensei to revive him in the body of Danzo's other man.

Tobi in a way killed both of Danzo's men unless the man being used as a vessel for Edo tensei is still alive but when a Edo is beaten the body they are using is dead.

So Tobi does kill people when he doesn't need to and he admitted to Naruto that he didn't care about peace.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:58   Link #991
itachi-san314

Quote:
Tobi killed 1 of Danzo's henchmen and made Kabuto use Edo Tensei to revive him in the body of Danzo's other man.

Tobi in a way killed both of Danzo's men unless the man being used as a vessel for Edo tensei is still alive but when a Edo is beaten the body they are using is dead.

So Tobi does kill people when he doesn't need to and he admitted to Naruto that he didn't care about peace.
oh i didn't remember that one of the henchmen was an ET body. either way though, tobi needed to kill him. i don't really see your point there. is it fuu or torune? and which chapter is that?

to me, an unneeded kill would have no purpose other to vent rage or just for fun. if the death of a ninja serves the purposes of another ninja's plans then it wasn't unneeded. in this case, he got danzo alone and then used them to reinforce his army since ET requires dead bodies
Old 2012-04-11, 12:44   Link #992
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Possibly Madara's son. if he was such a bad ass I'm sure he got the pick of the ladies.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:13   Link #993
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Do badasses ever procreate?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:15   Link #994
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
We do yes =)
Old 2012-04-12, 08:25   Link #995
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
rikudo sennin, hashirama, sarutobi, minato, etc... we don't yet know about madara, but if obito theory is correct then my hunch is that he's somehow related to madara since they have similar MS techniques
Old 2012-04-12, 08:54   Link #996
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
oh i didn't remember that one of the henchmen was an ET body. either way though, tobi needed to kill him. i don't really see your point there. is it fuu or torune? and which chapter is that?

to me, an unneeded kill would have no purpose other to vent rage or just for fun. if the death of a ninja serves the purposes of another ninja's plans then it wasn't unneeded. in this case, he got danzo alone and then used them to reinforce his army since ET requires dead bodies
Fuu was killed by Tobi and Kabuto used Edo Tensei to put him in Torune's body so they both may technically be considered dead.

Tobi wanted to find a weakness to Edo Tensei so he let Kabuto revive Torune but by doing this he gave Kabuto a powerful edo (Torune) to control.

I agree killing Fu and torune can be considered a needed kill but by not needed I meant Tobi could have chosen to spare Fu and Torune as it gave Kabuto more power (edo Torune).

This makes it ironic that Tobi spared those Konoha ninja in the bar since they may not have been in Konoha and it would get Sasuke used to killing Konoha ninja which could help Tobi (this was my point).

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-12 at 09:06.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:21   Link #997
itachi-san314

Quote:
Quote:
the bar flashback did show a good side to Tobi with him sparing the Konoha ninja in the bar.
Quote:
This makes it ironic that Tobi spared those Konoha ninja in the bar since they may not have been in Konoha and it would get Sasuke used to killing Konoha ninja which could help Tobi (this was my point).
no, you're original point in the 2 top quotes sounds like you're saying that tobi is showing a good side of himself by not letting sasuke kill those guys. I'm saying it doesn't. tobi clearly didn't want to be seen for some reason and killing those guys would have drawn a lot of attention apparently. tobi has never had a problem with killing konoha ninja, just look at the kyuubi attack on konoha. and sasuke doesn't need practice killing konoha ninja, he killed their hokage and was clearly going to kill all those guys in the bar too. sasuke's problem is that he never gets to face the k11 in battle. that would be interesting, but a different discussion entirely.

also, just because tobi's careful, doesn't make him less evil. i'm not saying he will turn out to be 100% evil since most bad guys in naruto don't end up that way, I'm just saying this scene doesn't prove anything about tobi having a good side
Old 2012-04-13, 08:03   Link #998
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
no, you're original point in the 2 top quotes sounds like you're saying that tobi is showing a good side of himself by not letting sasuke kill those guys. I'm saying it doesn't. tobi clearly didn't want to be seen for some reason and killing those guys would have drawn a lot of attention apparently. tobi has never had a problem with killing konoha ninja, just look at the kyuubi attack on konoha. and sasuke doesn't need practice killing konoha ninja, he killed their hokage and was clearly going to kill all those guys in the bar too. sasuke's problem is that he never gets to face the k11 in battle. that would be interesting, but a different discussion entirely.

also, just because tobi's careful, doesn't make him less evil. i'm not saying he will turn out to be 100% evil since most bad guys in naruto don't end up that way, I'm just saying this scene doesn't prove anything about tobi having a good side
I didn't say my original point. I'll explain my point to you, Tobi may not have been in a Konoha bar and if this was the case I was talking about how Tobi could have:

1. Let Sasuke kill the Konoha ninja (making Sasuke more evil which helps Tobi)
2. A more evil Sasuke will more likely stay on Tobi's side and kill his enemy's

So my point was that its ironic that Tobi spared the Konoha ninja if they weren't in Konoha since Sasuke killing them would help Tobi since Sasuke would get used to killing Konoha ninja.

Which means that it makes little sense for Tobi to spare the lifes of the Konoha ninja if they weren't in Konoha since they could kill them without Tsunade knowing it was them since they could run away.

And this bar scene could be showing a good side to Tobi if there not in Konoha.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:20   Link #999
itachi-san314

Quote:
I didn't say my original point. I'll explain my point to you, Tobi may not have been in a Konoha bar and if this was the case I was talking about how Tobi could have:

1. Let Sasuke kill the Konoha ninja (making Sasuke more evil which helps Tobi)
2. A more evil Sasuke will more likely stay on Tobi's side and kill his enemy's

So my point was that its ironic that Tobi spared the Konoha ninja if they weren't in Konoha since Sasuke killing them would help Tobi since Sasuke would get used to killing Konoha ninja.

Which means that it makes little sense for Tobi to spare the lifes of the Konoha ninja if they weren't in Konoha since they could kill them without Tsunade knowing it was them since they could run away.

And this bar scene could be showing a good side to Tobi if there not in Konoha.
right I get your point... I dont think you are getting mine

I'm saying sasuke doesn't need practice killing fodder ninja. and that this bar scene doesn't show a good side to tobi...
Old 2012-04-13, 14:09   Link #1000
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
right I get your point... I dont think you are getting mine

I'm saying sasuke doesn't need practice killing fodder ninja. and that this bar scene doesn't show a good side to tobi...
I think your point is that Sasuke can kill Konoha ninja anytime but what reason does Tobi have to spare those Konoha ninja if they are not in Konoha?

If Tobi spared the Konoha ninja for no reason then it makes little sense to me (if they are not in Konoha) since they could easily have killed the Konoha ninja and gone home, this is my main point.

Tags
tobi