AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 45 33.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 22:55   Link #61
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Way too rushed...

It manages to pull together pretty well, but it should've been at least 2-3 episodes. Actually for the series as a whole, there was apparently a lot of content from the LN's left out, assuming it wasn't left out for plot hole reasons with the anime original content, this series really could've used 2cour...
Old 2012-12-19, 23:07   Link #62
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm really disappointed with the Dekomori development. Yuuta kinda made her bawl her eyes out, and now he's acting like it never happened. There wasn't even a small glimpse of an apology. Oh well, I'm glad she seemed to have taken it like a fuckin champ in the end.
Yup, Yuuta's a jerk right up to and including the last episode. What's the first thing he does to Dekomori, instead of apologizing? Yanks her hair. Then shortly after, whacks in the head. Did anybody find this funny? Not me. Not in the least.

As unsatisfying as this ending was for me with all those "hanging threads", there was one thing about the episode that actually surprised me. As much as I liked Dekomori, as much as I liked Yumin's Rikka impersonation, as much as I liked Rikka's farewell to her father, and as much as I disliked Yuuta and his miraculous flip-flop, the one who stole the show for me, the one who so aptly summed up Yuuta, was Nibutani and her one line, "No... You're just shallow."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
While I did feel this episode was a bit rushed, it also had a certain finality to it for me.
Well, I agree with you, and Arty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
It's as though KyoAni ran out of time and threw 8 chapters into 1, and this was the result.
What should have taken two, maybe three episodes to fully develop a credible ending, ended up as a not entirely convincing final episode. Although the concept of Yuuta's flip-flop was perfectly believable, the implementation just didn't seem realistic. It felt shoe-horned into the episode.
Old 2012-12-19, 23:53   Link #63
eduard3

I have to say, some parts felt weird just like what a lot of people have been saying.
This anime became something i didnt expect though, and I enjoyed the ride xD
Old 2012-12-20, 00:05   Link #64
shakeofinfinity
Learning the Guitar

Dekomori soooo cuteeeeeeeeeee with the new hairrr
DekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDe komoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomori
DekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomoriDe komoriDekomoriDekomoriDekomori FTWWWWWWWW

Hope there will be more fan art of her with her hair down
Old 2012-12-20, 01:22   Link #65
Unknown Soldier
:D

Great ending.

For now.

When are they going to announce the second season, anyways?
Old 2012-12-20, 01:26   Link #66
supermegasonic

this was a good show, they wrapped it up nicely. i dont think a second season is needed but some OVA's would be nice
Old 2012-12-20, 02:43   Link #67
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Yup, Kumin was the key to solving Yuuta's inner conflict, and saving Rikka from a life of boring normalcy. It seems like Rikka planned this ahead, after Yuuta told her to take off her eyepatch. And you can't deny that 'abnormal', yet lively Rikka is much better than normal, unhappy Rikka.

Sanae was the biggest surprise. Not only is her normal self VERY different, she also looks a LOT prettier with her hair down. And I guess that's another point where Yuuta realized that having Eighth-Grade Syndrome may not be all that bad.

I guess Kumin summoned the troops when Yuuta rushed to get Rikka back, because it was quite convenient how everyone was suddenly there when they were needed. Also, can I get Yuuta's stamina? I sure as hell can't outrun a car on my bike.

Pretty much everything fell neatly into place. Rikka sought the Unseen Horizon to properly send off her father, and Yuuta finally learns what we already knew: that they've met each other before (though not directly). And I wasn't surprised when they said that Rikka Eighth-Grade Syndrome was fueled by Yuuta's, though I didn't really think that was the actual spark that started it, not so much her father's death. With that in mind, was Rikka's behavior truly escapism, or was it merely the adults seeing it as such?

Would I want a second season? I'm not sure. I would like to see more of what happens to the group after this episode. For example, Isshiki still hasn't managed to catch Kumin (and I'm starting to doubt he ever will at this point), and Shinka slipping back to her role as Mori Summer (and Sanae's reaction to that) would be fun to see.

Last edited by monir; 2012-12-20 at 11:41.
Old 2012-12-20, 02:53   Link #68
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Also, can I get Yuuta's stamina? I sure as hell can't outrun a car on my bike.
The cop following them wasn't trying to outrun them. He was just following them to see where they were going and make sure they were all right and that this wasn't a kidnapping in progress.
Old 2012-12-20, 03:05   Link #69
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The cop following them wasn't trying to outrun them. He was just following them to see where they were going and make sure they were all right and that this wasn't a kidnapping in progress.
Hahaa, not related but reminds me of a movie I saw last weekend called Premium Rush. Now that's the kind of stamina I'd want. .. and courage
Old 2012-12-20, 03:31   Link #70
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh, my poor heart. What an adorable way to end the series, loved it from beginning to end. GODDAMMIT KYOANI.
Old 2012-12-20, 04:41   Link #71
Gohan78
Awakened One

I had mixed feeling about this finale.

On one hand, the Rikka-Yuuta reunion scene and the Unseen Horizon scene were absolutely perfect. I also enjoyed seeing Deko's ojo-sama persona (she is really pretty!) and Kumin's chuuni impersonation.

On the other hand, I was hoping for a better resolution of Rikka's family problems. They wasted a good opportunity with Rikka and her mom at the graveyard. We still don't know why Rikka's mom left her children alone for two years.
The last scene implies that Rikka has moved back to Touka's apartment. Just like that, really?
The final monologue by the narrator was pompous and unnecessary.

For these reasons I give 7/10 to the final episode, 8/10 to the series as a whole. Now I am going to read the LN in the hope that Rikka's family situation is better explained there (although I know that KyoAni changed a lot).
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-12-20, 05:02   Link #72
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
If only Yuuta's relationship with Rikka goes further... A bit disappointing, but at least KyoAni manage to expand Chu2Koi from its Light Novel source.
Old 2012-12-20, 05:17   Link #73
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just watched the subbed.. Though I'm glad with the ending with Yuuta and Rikka hugging and going back to their retarded selves (joke!), I still sense something is missing (I never read the novel).. I don't know.... Somethings are missing... it lack completeness all throughout the episode..
Old 2012-12-20, 05:36   Link #74
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Just watched the subbed.. Though I'm glad with the ending with Yuuta and Rikka hugging and going back to their retarded selves (joke!), I still sense something is missing (I never read the novel).. I don't know.... Somethings are missing... it lack completeness all throughout the episode..
Same for me. I didn't have major complaints but something IS missing. I don't know what. I probably wished for a longer conversation between Yuuta and Rikka. Quiet and sad Rikka was kinda his fault and then he just comes out of nowhere wanting her to act Chuuni again? It's kinda weird and insulting. He first tried so hard to make her stop then in an instant and without any explanation he's making her remember it once again. I don't have any major problems with Yuuta, I liked him and I'm probably one of the people that think he didn't owe any apology to Sanae (also the girl was awesome in 12th, I was stunned even though I didn't like her most of the time). But messing with Rikka like that, that was kinda... He could talk to her first, explain a little, APOLOGIZE and then they can happily play as DFM and TE. But what happened wasn't at all satisfying. That's probably the reason I didn't change my 8/10 I gave this series even though first half was amazing. I hopes the ending would be better. But for a change I enjoyed the narrator. I was kind of surprised at first and I didn't like it but then I realised it's nice since at the beginning we also get his talking. Reminds me of some fantasy series and since the whole show had these strange scenes it fits the whole idea.

Also I love chuuni Rikka the best <3
Old 2012-12-20, 05:38   Link #75
Mubyoshi

Well that was a pretty nice finale, although it did feel a bit rushed. Wish this anime would have had been a 24 episode instead. I'm still amazed by this anime's soundtrack too.
Old 2012-12-20, 06:36   Link #76
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

finale ep

so rikka visit her father grave while yuuta still wonder cause of what he did to for making rikka normal yet also see dekomori being normal til see kumin being wicked eye?

give after talk with nibutani & more wonder til letter from his dark flame side to remind him & some i got it yuuta go bike ride to see rikka then quick meet kumin reveal wicked eye of rikka all cause it was yuuta that inspire rikka.

so after long bike yuuta all dark flame mode call for rikka she leap then ride together with everyone helping so yuuta full dark flame mode so give rikka one last goodbye to her dad.

after all everything back to chuuibyou-normal with rikka all better The End.

(overall series worth the watch from slice of life, fun, drama, emotion, & etc all truly a wonderful series to watch look forward if ever dub come out).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2012-12-20, 07:31   Link #77
Gault
inc_mplete

Ok my thoughts.. every episode was a 10... till this episode..
this episode didn't have a impact on me like the previous ones, I feel like KyoAni got lazy cause of GuP

Im happy for Yuuta and Rikka, especially with Yuuta realising whats happening, but it felt like it was all over the place
Old 2012-12-20, 07:50   Link #78
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This anime must have an EXTRA episode OVA to really complete the series.
Old 2012-12-20, 08:53   Link #79
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

A pretty solid ending. Mostly everything is wrapped up nicely, but somehow, I just feel that the episode lacks something. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is lacking, but I suppose it's what some people here have pointed-the episode is too rushed.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-12-20, 09:09   Link #80
Azuma Denton
~AD~

They dont mention if Dekomori realize that Nibutani is MoriSummer !!!!
It will be nice if they add that little extra scene where Dekomori called Nibutani Morisummer or something like that...

Overall a good finale to closed this good series...
Good job KyoAni...
Closed Thread