AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 02:22   Link #3901
ragez2010
TamingSari

5 chapter into this arc, that consider dragging?
reread: well maybe a little bit of dragging with the chapter.
into the chapter, Nasu might have connection with demon and other two people, Taka and Fuji.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 03:16   Link #3902
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Seems like this arc is just dragging on unnecessarily
we've barely started this arc dude..
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 03:34   Link #3903
Johnny
Working the bags...

Heavenly intervention would make for a nice change of pace to the stale plot...

Evil|plushie is correct. The arc just started and I'm already tired of it. At least give us more chapter time with Hilda or Aoi since they're better to look at...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 04:19   Link #3904
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
we've barely started this arc dude..
But evil|plushie is right - at the moment, I feel exceptionally bored. Too many new faces in too rapid succession, and no mention of the girls (who are generally more interesting anyway, but who have a much better buildup due to hinting a personal connection of old between Aoi and the leader of the "other" Red Tails who broke off earlier).

Let's be honest, this "I'm so tough" style posturing and posing gets really really old quick. And it isn't funny either.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 04:28   Link #3905
Gundamx

rapid succession = dragging?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 05:12   Link #3906
ImperialFlameGod8190

I rarely say this about a Beelzebub chapter but this was pretty lame there's maybe 1 interesting part and its the whole fact nasu seems to know about baby beel's real identity other then that I got nothing that tells me i'll be impressed
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 06:18   Link #3907
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man...how has Beelzebub fall like this? (at least to me)

Now that the Nasu guy looks to have some demon connection things look a bit more interesting (since it would make more sense if he ends up actually being Oga Level or stronger) but still...these past few chapters I haven't found anything really interesting or exciting, even when there's nice fighting I find myself going "Meh". Which is actually pretty abnormal for this manga.
Ever since I first started reading, nearly every chapter I laugh out loud or get excited for the fights or both, few were the chapters that I've found to be average and fewer were those that I found boring...much less a whole string of chapters.

It's not just the level of threat from the new guys either, sure it has gotten to the point where only demons or those contracted with demons are logically a threat to Oga, Toujou and Aoi...but even so I still haven't found the character's that entertaining. Nasu, which we've seen the most of, just feels like the author is trying to hard...plus he gives a huge Hisoka (HxH) feel and while I love Hisoka...I don't really like this guy for some reason.

I dunno...it's really the first time I've been feeling like this with this manga, and I don't like it...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 08:46   Link #3908
Sixth
Hu Tao

Pretty boring chapter. I don't know why the writer wants to build the tension in this arc if those freshmen are human. In fact, most of them are surprised at Oga's brute force. This automatically disqualified many of the potential enemies in this arc. As for the Nasu, he is bland.

Seriously, I would rather see the writer introduce a baby "Angel" than this Nasu guy.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 09:20   Link #3909
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Man...how has Beelzebub fall like this? (at least to me)

Now that the Nasu guy looks to have some demon connection things look a bit more interesting (since it would make more sense if he ends up actually being Oga Level or stronger) but still...these past few chapters I haven't found anything really interesting or exciting, even when there's nice fighting I find myself going "Meh". Which is actually pretty abnormal for this manga.
Ever since I first started reading, nearly every chapter I laugh out loud or get excited for the fights or both, few were the chapters that I've found to be average and fewer were those that I found boring...much less a whole string of chapters.

It's not just the level of threat from the new guys either, sure it has gotten to the point where only demons or those contracted with demons are logically a threat to Oga, Toujou and Aoi...but even so I still haven't found the character's that entertaining. Nasu, which we've seen the most of, just feels like the author is trying to hard...plus he gives a huge Hisoka (HxH) feel and while I love Hisoka...I don't really like this guy for some reason.

I dunno...it's really the first time I've been feeling like this with this manga, and I don't like it...
I completely agree randrak
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 09:33   Link #3910
Kallen4life

Beelzebub chapter with no girls (or even Furuichi) = not so good

Nasu being more then just a thug is the only thing that caught my eye, but beyond that .. eh
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 09:36   Link #3911
Diveman

well at least they are introducing a lot of "villians" so we maybe can hope himekawa, toujou and kanzaki to join to fight.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 09:47   Link #3912
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know about dragging, but the pace is indeed pretty slow lately. Five chapters have been spent on introduction only.

At least it looks like these guys might be an actual threat since they seem to know about Baby Beel. Maybe they're backed up by somebody.
Old 2013-02-06, 10:30   Link #3913
shalala

Soooo it is safe to assume that Taka would also be going after Beel and that Taka and Nasu would end up joining forces to do so. Did anyone get the One piece reference and also the Haruhi one.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:07   Link #3914
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I didn't get the One Piece reference.

Nasu's face on page 5 reminded me of Hisoka from HxH.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:13   Link #3915
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

I'm just hoping the cast quickly deals with this "threat" in a rapid fashion, say 2-3 chapters most.
I couldn't care less for the new characters introduced, Nasu may or may not have some connection to demons but still he should be just a little challenging for Oga, before getting the beatdown of his life.
But my main thoughts about this arc is just that I'm tired of the freshmen already. Just do them MK-9 style and be done with it.

P.S: I could see the author going for that long introduction, stating that the freshmen are many and powerfull and end up with the trio of Oga, Aoi and Toujou (or just Oga and Toujou) just leveling the ground with all of them at the same time, further ensuring their image of complete monsters.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:20   Link #3916
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I'm thinking that Nasu more or less believes that the baby is what gives Oga so much strength and that's why he wants the baby for himself
Or he's a demon/contractor
Old 2013-02-06, 12:46   Link #3917
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

See...the problem is that at first I also thought Oga and the others would just wreck these guys and the build-up would end in a chapter or two...it has been done before, antagonists being hyped and turning out to be shit, but never to this scale. But now I can't really see that happening for some reason, it really does look like these bland and boring antagonists are gonna stick around around for a bit which is a damn shame.

Already said what I wanted to say in my post before and I'll stick around anyway...just really not happy with how things are going.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 13:22   Link #3918
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

And Nasu calling Beel "Belzie" seems to point at a kinda long arc.....
Please gods of manga, kill these boring antagonists in a car accident off-screen and bring back Midnight, he's much more interesting than these guys.
Old 2013-02-06, 15:16   Link #3919
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragez2010 View Post
5 chapter into this arc, that consider dragging?
reread: well maybe a little bit of dragging with the chapter.
into the chapter, Nasu might have connection with demon and other two people, Taka and Fuji.
It's just that I don't believe Oga would let them leave like that after introducing themselves. IMO, Oga would just faceplant all of them while they're leaving. If they can defend themselves, fine, proper fight time starts now. If not, then faceplant time starts now.

That Oga IS letting them leave without you know, rushing forward and beating them up, makes me feel like the author is dragging it out.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 16:29   Link #3920
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

As much as you guys may think this arc is boring, I'm not too sure it's fair to judge an entire arc based on 5 chapters. I'd rather and am going to, wait until this arc is at least half-way done before I decide whether or not it's a bad one.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence