AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 14:57   Link #7101
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Does anyone know how to swim? If so, can anyone teach me?
Old 2013-08-10, 15:06   Link #7102
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Does anyone know how to swim?
No.

Quote:
If so, can anyone teach me?
Yes. YouTube might also be helpful.
Old 2013-08-10, 15:55   Link #7103
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I'm actually trying to convert them to .mp4 right now, but I won't know if it matters yet.

EDIT: Okay, I can't get VLC's converter to work. All the 'guides' on Google are for old versions of VLC or have unnecessary steps like changing the dimmensions. How do I convert .mkv to .mp4 in VLC? Do I lose the subtitles in the process? If so, how do I convert without losing the subtitles? It keeps telling me 'VLC could not open the encoder' or something like that.

EDIT2: Okay, I looked at some more guides and it doesn't look like I'm doing anything wrong but I'm still getting the error.

EDIT3: Okay, it seems I'm not the only one who has this problem but everywhere I looks nobody can give a straight answer.
You can try using specific video converter software for PS3
http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...-converter.php
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 11:26   Link #7104
Haiprbim
Banned

I have a question regarding Toradora!
I would have posted it in the Toradora! Q&A Thread, but that thread seems dead.

In any way, my question is how much of the Light Novel did the Anime adaptation cover?

The Light Novel has had 10 Volumes in total, and it was publishing from March the 10th, 2006, to March the 10th, 2009.
The Anime adaptation has had 25 episodes, and it was airing from October the 2nd, 2008, to March the 26th, 2009.

So yeah, the question is pretty simple for those who know: How much of the Light Novel Volumes did the Anime adaptation cover?
Perhaps all of them?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 12:35   Link #7105
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Does not sleeping at night while not exercising make you fatter?
Old 2013-08-12, 12:46   Link #7106
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Not sleeping should burn more energy than not... but then it tends to make most people hungrier...

So i guess it depends on whether you eat more or not.
Old 2013-08-12, 13:58   Link #7107
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I have a question regarding Toradora!
I would have posted it in the Toradora! Q&A Thread, but that thread seems dead.

In any way, my question is how much of the Light Novel did the Anime adaptation cover?

The Light Novel has had 10 Volumes in total, and it was publishing from March the 10th, 2006, to March the 10th, 2009.
The Anime adaptation has had 25 episodes, and it was airing from October the 2nd, 2008, to March the 26th, 2009.

So yeah, the question is pretty simple for those who know: How much of the Light Novel Volumes did the Anime adaptation cover?
Perhaps all of them?
Basically everything. I believe the timing of the last novel and episode were actually timed to hit close to each other.
Old 2013-08-12, 14:30   Link #7108
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Basically everything. I believe the timing of the last novel and episode were actually timed to hit close to each other.
Yeah, they were.
16 days apart, to be precise.

Thank-you very much on your response.
So basically, the Light Novel ended on the exact same way as the Anime adaptation?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 14:46   Link #7109
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Yeah, they were.
16 days apart, to be precise.

Thank-you very much on your response.
So basically, the Light Novel ended on the exact same way as the Anime adaptation?
I believe so but I'm not sure. I'm still on the 3rd or 4th novel myself
Old 2013-08-12, 21:21   Link #7110
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

Does this place SERIOUSLY not have an Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread... Seriously?
Old 2013-08-13, 15:02   Link #7111
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by U. N. Owen View Post
Does this place SERIOUSLY not have an Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread... Seriously?
Guess not. Go ahead and make one.
Old 2013-08-14, 15:31   Link #7112
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
The prevailing theory is that it lowers your metabolism. Without modifications to your diet, the answer would be yes.
Old 2013-08-16, 13:47   Link #7113
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Is there any place where I can sell my broken tablet? I need to be 100% legal as well as trustworthy.
Old 2013-08-16, 14:06   Link #7114
monster

Quote:
Is there any place where I can sell my broken tablet? I need to be 100% legal as well as trustworthy.
Are you expecting to get some money for this broken tablet? You can try Gazelle. It might be worth some money/gift card, but it might not and they could just recycle it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:32   Link #7115
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If allowed, what would be the first thing you would discuss there?
Sorry, for the super late reply

Well the first question I would ask is "Game series in need of a shot in the arm."
Old 2013-08-21, 11:10   Link #7116
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:

When it comes to visual novel, is there any debate in fandom about whether or not a VN should only be played once with a single girl rout (or play every route to go through all available material).

I don't play VN much, so rarely look at discussion about VN. But i feel kinda cheapen out the game and the main character feeling if i have to repeat the game and go for another girl route. I means unless her story sounds interesting and it's only out of curious (which make the rerun to be in "unofficial" status). Especially if the main character is given a set background (a personality) rather than a blank one too

So basically the question is "is it just me?" type of question
Old 2013-08-21, 11:12   Link #7117
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well there is one that play VN for "one true waifu!"

and other that play for story. henc explore as much story as you can

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 11:23   Link #7118
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well there is one that play VN for "one true waifu!"

and other that play for story. henc explore as much story as you can
But is there any debate at all at anytime in the history of LN about it ? Within the fandom? Within LN industry?

I means my impression is: considering the way people invest their feeling into these LN game (in some case, too much feeling). There are probably even style-playing factions that LN gamers community will identify themselves under. And company making games that require or not require you clear all route to tell their whole story....
Old 2013-08-21, 13:10   Link #7119
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So basically the question is "is it just me?" type of question
I don't know if it has ever come up in the fandom, but your question could be applied to any videogame with multiple endings. If sequels are made then it becomes clear that there was one true, "canon" ending. Yet multiple endings are often seen as a way to increase the replay value of games. Some people play a game through, doing what they will and receiving the ending that corresponds to their actions; others try to follow guides or advice for a particular ending; some people play their games to discover anything and everything within the game (including all endings and all possible sequences). There's no right or wrong way to go about it... but you're the first person I've heard of who questioned it.
Old 2013-08-21, 17:49   Link #7120
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't know if it has ever come up in the fandom, but your question could be applied to any videogame with multiple endings. If sequels are made then it becomes clear that there was one true, "canon" ending. Yet multiple endings are often seen as a way to increase the replay value of games. Some people play a game through, doing what they will and receiving the ending that corresponds to their actions; others try to follow guides or advice for a particular ending; some people play their games to discover anything and everything within the game (including all endings and all possible sequences). There's no right or wrong way to go about it... but you're the first person I've heard of who questioned it.
But compare to VN, Western game rarely focus only on romance, and let be honest it's more acceptable from the culture pov for these protagonists to even swing between different heroines

Means while School Day protagonists got nice boated, and we most have to agree he got that coming. Can't say the same to captain Shepherd or the one in Dragon Age.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious