Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-26, 06:10   Link #1
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Free! Eternal Summer (season 2)

Announced at Free! event today.

GO IS GOD. Kyoani might be doing double shows this summer. Free2 and Amagi Park.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 10:33   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 11:30   Link #3
LKK

If the number of times CR froze on me while starting Free! is an indication of server load, I'd say that lots of people were trying to access the first episode. I had to drop down to the 480 feed in order to watch the show without buffering.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 11:42   Link #4
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Enjoyable first episode.

The members of the Samezuka team have a race with the parting captain Mikoshiba, in which our members of the Iwatobe swim club join in. Afterwards Rin becomes the new captain and is surprisingly tolerable. They cut down on all his angst, but with Sousake showing up who knows what'll happen next.

Gou didn't disappoint and was in full muscle mode, and her idea to get new recruits was funny, as we got to see the guys strip down to their swimsuits on stage and explain what strokes they specialized in as well as their charm points. Rei's entrance was beautiful as always. xD Makoto was a bit embarrassed and we got to see him blush. Unfortunately, it was a bust and so far no new members join.

The team also participated in a small race in which Haru and Rin tie for first and set new records, and unlike a previous race of theirs in which Rin acts like a douche, he instead extends his hand for a warm high five. Haru continues to be a tsun, but high fives him anyway.

Goro buys, fixes up, and re-opens the old swimming facility that everyone use to swim at and allows our Iwatobi members to use it until it warms up a bit more when they can then use the schools outside pool.

Then Haru tells Rin to come to their school where they ambush him to show him a pool full of sakura petals that he can swim in, since that's always been a desire of his, and he actually sheds tears of joy. Unfortunately, it starts to rain so they can't and it ends with our three current third years discussing what they're going to do once they graduate. It looks like Rin is the only one who has it figured out.

Lastly, Sousake shows up in Rin's class and I can feel the angst. :P

The new ED is catchy, but I think I prefer the ED visuals from season one, but only because you know, they're more naked. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
If the number of times CR froze on me while starting Free! is an indication of server load, I'd say that lots of people were trying to access the first episode. I had to drop down to the 480 feed in order to watch the show without buffering.
I had to do the exact same thing. I'll probably watch it again later when hopefully less people are trying to watch.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 11:58   Link #5
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The new ED is catchy, but I think I prefer the ED visuals from season one, but only because you know, they're more naked. xD
Awww, how could you not love the concept of Haru as a
Spoiler for surprise!:
I nearly fell off the couch in hysterical laughter at the sheer perfection of that.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-07-02, 12:08   Link #6
ookamigirl

It's BACK!!!
Another summer of boys in bathing suits, nice ^^
Hoping to see more competitions this season.
Haru is amazing as usual ^^
Looks like Samezuka-Iwatobi relationship has improved significantly.
It was nice to see Rin promoted.
Getting new members... such a pain again this year.
New characters are always welcome though!
This is gonna be an awesome season!
Will be watching this ^^
ED is great, totally loved it.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:36   Link #7
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I like how the boys are back for another sexy swimming! Also, I wonder what history KyoAni and Animation Do would show us between Rin and Sousuke? Can't wait for that!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:41   Link #8
zztop

*Stares at massive nasal blood fountains coming from fangirl camp*
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:53   Link #9
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Spoiler for surprise!:
I nearly fell off the couch in hysterical laughter at the sheer perfection of that.
Spoiler:
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 13:33   Link #10
Mr Nr

It's a good first episode lots of reference to the first season especially the first episode. I like the fact that Rin is now captain that's going to be interesting character development for him. Also who is this Sousuke and how does Rin know him? Well either way the only thing I'm now worrying about now is whether or not this is going to pull a Chuunibyou Ren. In which for that season only 6 episode moved the actual plot and development whilst the other 6 episodes were kinda like filler episodes not progressing the plot. There was no focus. Thankfully from this first episode there does seem to be focus and I kinda see where this could go only question is whether it's enough for a full season. Either way I liked the Op and the Ed did made me question the point of the thing besides that Haruka is indeed a mermaid. Anyway excited to see more for the story.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 13:56   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The club presentation was hilarious. Gou is the best. For a few minutes I was wondering why exactly I picked this up since this show is pretty much a fujofest, then she came on screen and I remembered. Her muscle obsession is still very entertaining. Somehow, it seems to have gotten even worse

I'm really liking the new Rin. He's a lot more tolerable than he was in the first season now that he isn't an angsty mess anymore. In fact, he's highly likable! He's the character I enjoyed the most in this ep.

It'd be great if every episode could be as fun as this one. Just friendly while intense competitions and funny goofy moments. I wish there won't be any crappy drama like last year, but it seems obvious this new Sousuke guy is going to stir shit up. I can only hope it won't be as bad as last time.
Old 2014-07-02, 15:21   Link #12
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Pretty good start. I laughed during.... basically all the episode. How can this show be this funny ?
The opening is great, the ending too. I'm in. Don't care about those bashing it because of their jealousy towards these muscles.
Old 2014-07-02, 15:31   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The club presentation was hilarious. Gou is the best. For a few minutes I was wondering why exactly I picked this up since this show is pretty much a fujofest, then she came on screen and I remembered. Her muscle obsession is still very entertaining. Somehow, it seems to have gotten even worse
Gou is one of my favorite females in all of anime comedy. I really like her a lot. I hope she gets more screen time this season not only for her muscle obsession but for all of her as well.

Old 2014-07-02, 17:51   Link #14
Irenesharda

Man, I so missed this.... I love all of those amazing, rippling, muscles....I mean boys! Yes, those amazing, amazing boys.

All of our favorite swimmers are back and better than ever, and now all four of them as well as Rin, are now the best of friends. Their camaraderie is so easy now, and it's nice to see their interactions and how they support one another. Rin and Haru still have their pseudo-BL thing going, but I love it. Makuto is still the easy-going mother hen figure.

Haru, Rin, and Makato are in their third year and it's time to begin making some plans for the future. I like that Rin has a thought out plan, and while I do like the fact that the other two are still flexible and unsure in their plans, however, saying as they don't have much time until they graduate and go to college, I think it might be time to start thinking about it. Looking at the ED, it seems that they might all be thinking about their future careers as they get older.

Haru seems to be a little blah this whole episode, and except for his race with Rin, seemed a little sad, I wonder why? I think Rin will be a good captain. He's a little unsure of himself now, but he has what it takes.

Now, for the new character, Sousuke. He seems to have taken Rin's place in this sequel as the moody, emo swimmer with secrets and some hidden relationship with Rin and Haru. We'll see how he goes and I'm hoping he just won't be Rin 2.0 and will actually have his own individual arc and character, but we'll see. I love Rin's character, but I only need one of him.

I'm so excited about this sequel. I loved the first series, and I'm already loving the second.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 17:57   Link #15
kuromitsu

I was bored.

Not enough Rei, too much Rin, and I can already smell the AAANNNNGST. Bleh. I'll watch for now, but for fun pretty boys I'll stick with the unpretentious fun Bakumatsu Rock.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 18:21   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I was bored.

Not enough Rei, too much Rin, and I can already smell the AAANNNNGST. Bleh. I'll watch for now, but for fun pretty boys I'll stick with the unpretentious fun Bakumatsu Rock.
I think unfortunately for poor Rei, he's still stuck in secondary character status.

However, I have to disagree about Rin. I think he's adjusted very well since last season. And face it, this show has pretty much all been about Haru, Rin, and Makuto since the beginning. Even Rei, was first simply characterized as Rin's replacement for more than half of the first season.

However, it does look like the angst IS going to return, but this time instead of Rin, it looks like the new guy, Sousuke is going to be Rin 2.0.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-02, 18:21   Link #17
mistress_kisara

I like how Rin mellowed out because he finally got his head out of his ass and the scene with the sakura petals made me aww..looking forward to more
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 19:13   Link #18
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for surprise!:
The Police humping was a lot funnier.

Old 2014-07-02, 19:31   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The Police humping was a lot funnier.

He IS glorious isn't he.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-02, 20:10   Link #20
mistress_kisara

Quote: