AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 16:44   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Doki Doki! Precure

Yayoi's era was only mean to last a year. After a recent copyright filing, the title of the of the next season has been confirmed as Doki Doki! Precure.

Current rumors are that it involves twins, the return of the Black and White color scheme, and it will be the tenth year, which means this, too, is all Decade's fau- wait, wrong franchise. European-looking royalty, plastic gadgets, yuri subtext, I'm ready for another year of it. Once we get more concrete info.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:17   Link #2
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The way the title sounds I feel like it is probably another cutesy looking precure like Smile.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:06   Link #3
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Doki-Doki!?

*listens to Magical Prism Nana's OP* oh noes......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 05:31   Link #4
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
which means this, too, is all Decade's fau- wait, wrong franchise. .
- No, no. I'm with you on that one...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 05:45   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, there is a new Decade movie coming out supposedly. Still waiting for the Precure vs Kamen Rider crossover they wanted.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 05:52   Link #6
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, there is a new Decade movie coming out supposedly. Still waiting for the Precure vs Kamen Rider crossover they wanted.
anime? live action? or its CANNOT UNSEE variation..... kigurumi?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 05:54   Link #7
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
anime? live action? or its CANNOT UNSEE variation..... kigurumi?
- Oh, you tempt me...

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 06:08   Link #8
elior

doki doki sound like this season will be romance themed since the doki doki refer strong emotion and romantic heartbeats
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:31   Link #9
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
doki doki sound like this season will be romance themed since the doki doki refer strong emotion and romantic heartbeats
It is used in romance but in general it is used in excitement or nervousness so there's a chance it is not romance themed.
Old 2012-10-25, 13:50   Link #10
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
It is used in romance but in general it is used in excitement or nervousness so there's a chance it is not romance themed.
you right about excitement but nervous is also feeling that refer to love or romance.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:12   Link #11
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
you right about excitement but nervous is also feeling that refer to love or romance.
Nervousness does refer to love at times because it depends on the situation for example someone can use doki doki when they are nervous about a test grade or something non romantic related. Anyways I think if the starting cures are a duo they'll be similar to Erika and Tsubomi (Excitable cure and Nervous/Shy cure) to reference doki doki is used when someone is excited or nervous.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-26 at 09:44.
Old 2012-10-25, 22:01   Link #12
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
My body will be ready once this starts.
Old 2012-10-27, 00:09   Link #13
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I hope it's better than Smile.

Smile is the worst PreCure season thus far, there needs to be a return to character development/quality episode plots and less colourful ADHD.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 03:52   Link #14
xizro345
King's Justice

I personally think Smile is better than Suite's horrible run. It's dragged down by the repeated story structure. At least it didn't make me groan like Suite's last part and lack of villains.

On the main topic I was quite surprised to see Toei going on with the franchise. I was expecting them to shut it off to avoid competition with the Sailormoon revival, like they did in "ancient times" (approximately 15 years ago, when they purposely halted the Shin Cutey Honey video episodes to bring on Cutey Honey F, not that the choice was good in the end).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 17:16   Link #15
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
I hope it's better than Smile.

Smile is the worst PreCure season thus far, there needs to be a return to character development/quality episode plots and less colourful ADHD.
I'm surprised to see somebody say that, quite honestly I wasn't a fan of Smile either... I ended up dropping it a long time ago.

I probably won't start watching Doki Doki, but I am curious to see how it turns out and what the character designs will look like.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 18:44   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
On the main topic I was quite surprised to see Toei going on with the franchise. I was expecting them to shut it off to avoid competition with the Sailormoon revival, like they did in "ancient times" (approximately 15 years ago, when they purposely halted the Shin Cutey Honey video episodes to bring on Cutey Honey F, not that the choice was good in the end).
To TOEI's target audience PreCure is for little girls what Tokusatsu Sentai shows like Kamen Rider are for boys. It's here to stay permanently.

I mean just take the Kamen Rider franchise's record history. How many incarnations of TV shows under the title of Kamen Rider has TOEI released over the years?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 13:47   Link #17
ACTL_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
To TOEI's target audience PreCure is for little girls what Tokusatsu Sentai shows like Kamen Rider are for boys. It's here to stay permanently.

I mean just take the Kamen Rider franchise's record history. How many incarnations of TV shows under the title of Kamen Rider has TOEI released over the years?
More like in the case of PreCure -- yes, the main target audience for Japan is small girls, but the series itself still has something for all age groups. The biggest highlight has always been the EDs for each season which is absolute win.
ACTL_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:15   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So what are supposed to be the generally agreed upon "good" Precure series that are supposed to be easiest for any random person to get into again? I know people always cite Heartcatch as the "good one" and Suit Precure is generally regarded as "the worst", but where are the others supposed to fall in the grand Precure fan ranking schemes?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:31   Link #19
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So what are supposed to be the generally agreed upon "good" Precure series that are supposed to be easiest for any random person to get into again? I know people always cite Heartcatch as the "good one" and Suit Precure is generally regarded as "the worst", but where are the others supposed to fall in the grand Precure fan ranking schemes?
I notice people seem to love Heartcatch and Smile... and Suite gets a lot of the hate. Personally I enjoyed Suite more than Heartcatch and Smile.

I don't really know where the rest fall, I'd assume that the first season would rank highly... Max Heart and 5/Gogo probably rank somewhere in the middle... and I'd assume that Splash Star and Fresh would rank pretty low, but I'm honestly not sure. I haven't followed the series that long, so I can't really tell you anything that you don't already know. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 22:33   Link #20
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Most people would agree that Futari wa and Heartcatch are the better series and Fresh, Suite and the sequels are the worse series (I'm still yet to watch the sequels, but as far as I can tell the consensus is 'Watch GoGo for Milky Rose, watch Max Heart because you're a loyal fan'). Where exactly Smile and Splash Star fall is heavily debated. Also complicating matters is the writing quality can be really inconsistent, for instance I found the vast majority of Fresh tiresome but the Eas arc (Around 19-23) was pretty much the best the franchise has ever gotten.

As for the two contested ones, Splash Star (Which is my favourite, so this report may be biased) seems to widely considered in the top three on /a/, #precure and livejournal, but the target audience didn't take to it at all, it takes a while to get going and the designs are simply awful. Smile... is going to remain controversial until it's finished airing I reckon. It has far less continuity between episodes (Read: Less character and plot development) than any of the other series, so you sort of have to adjust your expectations even with being a fan of the franchise.

Oh, and Yes! would rank quite highly if don't take great offense at the idea of girl duos being scrapped for Sailor Senshi wannabees.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl