Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-14, 17:12   Link #341
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And your Rin will be: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-as-rin/.81030

Considering all those rumors that he's said some nasty homophobic stuff in the past, Vic better hold his tongue this time around. Those Free fujioshi don't play Also, he better can the diva attitude when visiting cons once this comes out on dvd...

Better casting than Haberkorn as Haru though.
The homophobic rumor relating to Vic Mignogna is mostly due to the fact that Mignogna himself has strong Christian beliefs, and one of them includes his opposition to same-sex marriages (and mistaken several of the CLAMP characters he had voiced to be straight people even though the said characters are hinted to be gay). That being said, Vic himself does have a few voice actor friends who are openly gay. Did you know that J. Michael Tatum himself is openly gay, and both Vic and Tatum has worked together in several anime dubs in the past when Vic was living in Dallas.

That said, that's only roughly half the reason why he's mostly hated within the fanbase, the main reason he's hated is mainly because of his popularity and his strong fangirl base (think of like Rie Kugimiya, she most got a lot of fan hatedom 50% of her tsundere typecast, and 50% of her popularity).
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 17:31   Link #342
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
The homophobic rumor relating to Vic Mignogna is mostly due to the fact that Mignogna himself has strong Christian beliefs, and one of them includes his opposition to same-sex marriages (and mistaken several of the CLAMP characters he had voiced to be straight people even though the said characters are hinted to be gay). That being said, Vic himself does have a few voice actor friends who are openly gay. Did you know that J. Michael Tatum himself is openly gay, and both Vic and Tatum has worked together in several anime dubs in the past when Vic was living in Dallas.
I actually didn't know Tatum was gay until recently. I believe Greg Ayres is open too. If Vic was as anti-gay as rumors persist, I doubt very much those two would work with him nor would he work on something like Free. I don't agree at all with his beliefs, but I will give him props for continuing to voice Ed Elric despite the fact that his church told him not to. Also, I"m not going to take the word of rumors from fujioshi children that he hates gays, just because he thinks CLAMP characters are straight. 90 percent of male fans don't really like yaoi. The same sex opposition though, that disappoints me greatly...

Dear fujioshi; just listen to the Japanese actors if you're that mad about Vic. As far as I know, nothing scandalous has been said about Mamoru Miyano.

Quote:
That said, that's only roughly half the reason why he's mostly hated within the fanbase, the main reason he's hated is mainly because of his popularity and his strong fangirl base (think of like Rie Kugimiya, she most got a lot of fan hatedom 50% of her tsundere typecast, and 50% of her popularity).
I heard it's because he's a diva. The anti-gay stuff(if proven true) would disappoint me greatly, but I find it more amusing that he's supposedly such a bitch to people. I mean....Ed and Rin aren't exactly Oscar-winning, Hollywood slaying material
Old 2014-11-14, 18:07   Link #343
LKK

I've never seen Vic display diva behavior at any of the cons I've been to. That said, he is very popular and his fans can be overly enthusiastic. To some, they can be annoying and I think that reflects back on him.

As for Vic voicing Rin... I'm not surprised nor thrilled. I almost always hear FMA's Ed whenever Vic voices a long role. I never had plans to watch the series in English, but I was going to try an episode or two out of curiosity. I'll probably pass now. Everyone, with the possible exception of Bosch as Makoto, seems miscast to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 20:22   Link #344
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Tatum and Ayres are spot on, as much as I seriously can't stand Ayres. Makoto? Personally, I would've rather have seen Haberkorn be cast for him and let either an unknown or someone like Josh Grelle or Aaron Dismuke be cast for Haru. But...I don't have objections to Bosch.

My main objection for Vic as Rin is that Vic sounds the same in all of his roles anymore: Hero Ed Elric mode or spazzy Tamaki mode. At least I've heard Haberkorn TRY and turn it down in some rules.

I'm definitely intrigued enough to hear one or two episodes.

As for Vic and his behavior, I know someone who met him and he was perfectly fine and nice with my friend. So if there's divatude, it's in the studio....
Old 2014-11-15, 12:29   Link #345
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

And Nitori and Momo will be Jerry Jewell and Josh Grelle. Guess we'll get the rest of the cast(Sousuke, Gou, Amakata) tommorrow.

LOL. These children....https://www.change.org/p/funimation-...r-rin-matsuoka

1. I'm sure Funi's listening to you. Nevermind the fact that if you don't want to support the dub version, one can just go to the menu and switch the language to JAPANESE.

2. This is why male fans hate female fans.
Old 2014-11-15, 12:39   Link #346
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
This is beyond ridiculous. This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 2014-11-15, 12:50   Link #347
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
And Nitori and Momo will be Jerry Jewell and Josh Grelle. Guess we'll get the rest of the cast(Sousuke, Gou, Amakata) tommorrow.

LOL. These children....https://www.change.org/p/funimation-...r-rin-matsuoka

1. I'm sure Funi's listening to you. Nevermind the fact that if you don't want to support the dub version, one can just go to the menu and switch the language to JAPANESE.

2. This is why male fans hate female fans.
Lol, I really love how the Vic haters are pointing out his "homophobia" due to his Christian beliefs even though 1) Vic Mignogna is good friends with other voice actors who are openly gay like J. Michael Tatum, and 2) The level of yaoi in Free! is very subtle and the character relationships are only platonic as with most slice of life works.

But seriously, online petitions are known to not work 90% of the time because anyone anonymous can mess with the petition count.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 13:14   Link #348
LKK

Quote:
Sad to say, I'm not the least bit surprised.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 12:46   Link #349
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The OVA has been subbed.

It was tons of fun. I wish the whole series had been like this. Was nice to see Sousuke and Haru become friends.
Old 2015-04-19, 14:44   Link #350
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

The OVA has been out for awhile, 'cause I saw it a few weeks ago.

I really love the fact that Rin and Rei became bros.
Old 2015-04-21, 11:47   Link #351
ginger02

lol the special was so dramatic but in the over-the-top funny way XD
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 20:14   Link #352
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I also like the fact that Momo, Ai and Nagisa became close too

Are there any 50 % OFF fans on here? That is seriously the FUNNIEST parody ever :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZiGA9I6uzk

Most recent episode. Those who are familar with season one will recognize things. I wish they'd get to season two because there are sooo many things....especially with Sousuke

Tags
school life, season 2, sports, swimming