AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 18:30   Link #1761
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Well, in Japan I doubt that Destiny is a failure, failure. Of course I don't live in Japan so I can't say for sure.
That depends on what one considers "success", I should think. From what I've heard, even Fukuda considers Destiny "the worst among the projects he has worked on", so it could be seen as a failure that way... Among other ways.

Commercially, I've heard mixed things. On one hand, the DVDs appears to have sold satisfactory, while the toys/models appears to have sold below expectations.

At any rate, I don't think we've ever had a japanese come in here and tell us how the SEED landscape (both current & past) looks. All we know are statics, rankings and interviews from a few japanese magazines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
BOTTOM LINE:
As of now, three Gundam timelines/series are still truly active, UC, 00, and CE. Wing is barely with just a novel and manga or whatever. (I hate that they want to continue Wing after that ending saying "And Mobile Suits were never Seen Again, Including the Gundams." That should end Wing forever) CE is still alive partially due to the hate. Yes, you CE haters are actually keeping CE alive. With your forums and comments about CE hate, you actually allow CE to live. How does that make you feel?
Hmm, didn't you say the same thing earlier in the thread?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:48   Link #1762
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Even after all these years (Newtype September poll):

1. Yuzuru Otonashi
2. Kyon
3. Lelouch
4. Kira Yamato

5. Sakata Gintoki
6. Edward Elric
7. Shizuo Heiwajima
8. Setsuna F. Seiei
9. Sebastian
10. Shinji Ikari

He's still here And yet, we still have no Seed's movie
Old 2010-08-16, 01:09   Link #1763
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Popularity isn't the movie's problem. Production problems are the movie's problems.
Old 2010-08-16, 06:47   Link #1764
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Yup, but I would rather think that the CE Movie is delayed mostly because of the 00 movie. After 00's run, I think we would have our plot and some more news about it.
Old 2010-08-16, 17:40   Link #1765
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Yup, but I would rather think that the CE Movie is delayed mostly because of the 00 movie. After 00's run, I think we would have our plot and some more news about it.
I guess we'll se about that. But it'll depend on other factors then them being able to divert their resources from a finished project to a in-progress one. I guess it'd be nice to get to know a bit more about what it's supposed to be about, at least. So far, I believe the just about only information we have is some information on who from the original cast'll be returning?
Old 2010-08-16, 19:47   Link #1766
tetsuo69

they should had release the movie at the same year with the 00 movie
Old 2010-08-16, 19:50   Link #1767
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
No, it's a distasteful act if they did that. Unicorn is an exception because it's pretty much part of the main storyline of Gundam
Old 2010-08-17, 14:42   Link #1768
tetsuo69

well i hate that idea of not watching gundam for a while now, and 00 not my cup of tea.
Old 2010-08-17, 14:52   Link #1769
ZeddNL

Quote:
No, it's a distasteful act if they did that. Unicorn is an exception because it's pretty much part of the main storyline of Gundam
That and it being an OVA so at each of the 5 releases we have left they will have people wanting to buy the previous releases.
ZeddNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 18:31   Link #1770
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
4. Kira Yamato
Nothing is eternal. Kira won't be Eternal Four forever.

gsd failure? Can't keep dead characters dead or reduce the saturated naivete or emo-ness of Kira or Shinn... or any other.

And I think the Seed movie is a flamboyant lie to rack up the sells on GS/GSD. Because they can just as easily say "Nope we decided not to" and no one would really be none the wiser.

Of course that is probably my cynical paranoia kickin' in. Or my paranoid cynical... whichever.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 18:43   Link #1771
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Even after all these years (Newtype September poll):

1. Yuzuru Otonashi
2. Kyon
3. Lelouch
4. Kira Yamato

5. Sakata Gintoki
6. Edward Elric
7. Shizuo Heiwajima
8. Setsuna F. Seiei
9. Sebastian
10. Shinji Ikari

He's still here And yet, we still have no Seed's movie
HOLY SHIT, Kyon got overthrown?!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 21:47   Link #1772
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
That would cause them cannibalize each other as they are basically targeted at similar demographics (unlike Unicorn which is aimed at a much older audience). They need to hype up the 00 movie, and since its the less popular one of the two, they release it first when 00 Second Season is still fresh in people's mind.

Obviously age hasn't decrease Seed's popularity much, so they could afford to wait on that movie.
Old 2010-08-18, 00:02   Link #1773
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
HOLY SHIT, Kyon got overthrown?!
By his would-be 'clone' no less.

Quote:
Obviously age hasn't decrease Seed's popularity much, so they could afford to wait on that movie.
When's the 10th anniversary of SEED?
Old 2010-08-18, 02:39   Link #1774
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:

2014, I think....

anyways, in regard to the SEED movie, I personally will expect no less than stargazer production values, and even that might not be enough to interest me. 00 has just spoiled me greatly.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:51   Link #1775
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:

Seed came out 2002, so 2012 is it's anniversary, Destiny's 2014.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 07:38   Link #1776
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That would cause them cannibalize each other as they are basically targeted at similar demographics (unlike Unicorn which is aimed at a much older audience). They need to hype up the 00 movie, and since its the less popular one of the two, they release it first when 00 Second Season is still fresh in people's mind.

your right , i didnt look at it that way.
i really like unicorn, the only thing i dont like is how much we are being ask to wait for each ep.
Old 2010-08-18, 09:26   Link #1777
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
And I think the Seed movie is a flamboyant lie to rack up the sells on GS/GSD. Because they can just as easily say "Nope we decided not to" and no one would really be none the wiser.

Of course that is probably my cynical paranoia kickin' in. Or my paranoid cynical... whichever.
In short, the cake is a lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Seed came out 2002, so 2012 is it's anniversary, Destiny's 2014.
Hmm, I see. So then at worst we might not get a movie before that? Hmm. Would mean that they'd have nothing standing in the way by then though. After all, Unicorn won't be done before then...
Old 2010-08-18, 15:24   Link #1778
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That would cause them cannibalize each other as they are basically targeted at similar demographics (unlike Unicorn which is aimed at a much older audience).
Can't agree with that. Although it's true that resurrecting UC once again is mainly done to please the older fans that like to feel nostalgic as well as the ones that simply like to watch series constructed and presented in a similar fashion to the UC oldies. Unicorn also features pleanty of content aimed at younger viewers.

Also, 00 and Seed, going by the pure content and theme of the series are also aimed at different age groups. Seed was a series aimed at young people while 00 is mainly preferred by young adults.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:28   Link #1779
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Can't agree with that. Although it's true that resurrecting UC once again is mainly done to please the older fans that like to feel nostalgic as well as the ones that simply like to watch series constructed and presented in a similar fashion to the UC oldies. Unicorn also features pleanty of content aimed at younger viewers.
Unicorn was marketed as a "Gundam for adults". That was its catch line. Sure younger viewers may enjoy it too, but fact is that Bandai/Sunrise themselves have made it no secret that it was a show that aims for nostalgia from longtime fans.

Quote:
Also, 00 and Seed, going by the pure content and theme of the series are also aimed at different age groups. Seed was a series aimed at young people while 00 is mainly preferred by young adults.
I disagree. The presentation of the two shows are a bit different, sure. And 00 has a more convoluted plot. But neither show stray far from the teens and young adults demographic that the timeslot itself is aimed for. And Bandai has pretty blatant in interviews about what their target audience were meant to be too.
Old 2010-08-18, 18:36   Link #1780
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

But still, they went out of their way to pitch Seed to younger audiences than with 00. This is just my opinion, but if you look at it in Seed all the pilots were teenagers, whereas in 00 the only teen in the main cast is Setsuna, everyone else are pretty much adults in their early to late twenties. In Seed the only adult pilot was Mu....