Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 12:26   Link #1961
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Spoiler for Content of letter:
that settles it, this is complete and utter bull and Haruto is right to be worried about something being wrong

Spoiler for letter:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:36   Link #1962
DanielSong39

Man, this is just getting out of control...

Eba and Nanami only serve to confirm my belief that he should ditch both girls and go for Akari.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:22   Link #1963
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Man, this is just getting out of control...

Eba and Nanami only serve to confirm my belief that he should ditch both girls and go for Akari.
lol this is what I was thinking way back or with Kotone, why he never even gave her a 2nd thought is totally beyone me.

btw with the letter, it seems it might turn out to be another Tokyo first trip again, which I honest really don't wanna see again, I mean whats with deciding to meet up and it never actually happeneing in this manga?
Old 2010-01-11, 16:49   Link #1964
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Eba is sacrificing her own happiness for Haruto's sake,
Really? What chapter states so please? I want to see.

Quote:
she's protecting him from the truth, that's why she's inventing these lies, it's clearly at hand -
We must be reading a different manga. Or I might have missed a lot of chapters. Because I don't remember such things happening.

Quote:
I didn't see Nanami having such an effort.
You must have missed the last couple of chapters or so. If we compare Nanami and Eba, then Nanami clearly made more efforts than Eba ever did. The odds are heavily against Eba, that is an undeniable fact.

Quote:
I also don't like the term "deserve" here, that's not how relationships work.
If what has happened recently in the manga turn out to be all true, then Eba definitely doesn't deserve Haruto nor any happiness whatsoever.

Last edited by Zwei; 2010-01-11 at 17:21.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 18:13   Link #1965
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Really? What chapter states so please? I want to see.

We must be reading a different manga. Or I might have missed a lot of chapters. Because I don't remember such things happening.

You must have missed the last couple of chapters or so. If we compare Nanami and Eba, then Nanami clearly made more efforts than Eba ever did. The odds are heavily against Eba, that is an undeniable fact.

If what has happened recently in the manga turn out to be all true, then Eba definitely doesn't deserve Haruto nor any happiness whatsoever.
What else could she be doing all this for then? I know that's not real proof and you can call me unimaginative but i don't see another reason for her to invent all these lies because that's what the letter and before that Rin's call are, I mean who thought it to be the truth, did you? You don't really believe Seo would kill off the female lead by antagonizing her like that right? No wait, you really believe what Eba wrote in that letter? What makes you think that?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 18:26   Link #1966
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
What else could she be doing all this for then?
Who? Eba?

She must have her reasons. If she's truly in love with another guy, and just dumped Haruto like this, then she really is a horrible person.

Quote:
I know that's not real proof and you can call me unimaginative but i don't see another reason for her to invent all these lies because that's what the letter and before that Rin's call are,
The thing is; I don't see why Rin should be lying like this. I don't remember her lying about anything. Maybe she did manipulate the truth sometimes, and she really wanted to cause a rift between Haruto and Eba, but that's all in the past. I am sure another guy is involved, but I don't know how he is involved. We still haven't reached that point clearly yet.

Quote:
I mean who thought it to be the truth, did you?
Eba is still a mysterious person to me. I'm honestly hoping all of this is not true, and not because I want to support Eba or anything, but that would just be horrible for Haruto.

Quote:
You don't really believe Seo would kill off the female lead by antagonizing her like that right?
Perhaps. So far the direction seems to be heading that way. We still need to see more of Eba.

Quote:
No wait, you really believe what Eba wrote in that letter?
Again, Eba is still a mysterious person to me. She was the one who handed Haruto the present, and she was the one that mentioned a possible break-up between them. And since I'm sure there is another guy involved, then I believe Eba really had something to do with the letter.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:54   Link #1967
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
And since I'm sure there is another guy involved, then I believe Eba really had something to do with the letter.
Then the question is was the letter truly by:
1. choice
2. by neccessity
3. by force.

I'm going for choice 3

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-01-12 at 01:35.
Old 2010-01-12, 02:25   Link #1968
HF2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Then the question is was the letter truly by choice, by neccessity, or by force
The plot thickens indeed. Am I reading too much into Eba shunning Haruto in relation with the Hiroshima region? As I used to live in Okayama-ken, it's neighbor, I wonder if Seo is playing on the prejudice of city people against inaka, as well as the rejection of Hiroshima survivors and people who lived in that region after world war II. That is, as if they represented the shame and hence, were ignored. I can't help but wonder if Seo is playing on that, intentionally, in the subconsciousness of his readers. Interesting. If so, he is really trying to run Eba into the mud.

However, this reminds me of a cold war movie with Clarke Gable called "Never Let Me Go". He worked in Russia during the war years and was kicked out when relations became bad between US and Russia after the war. The one problem is that he had a russian wife who wasn't allowed to leave with him. He finally recieved a "Dear John" letter from her a year or 6 months later. That is when he smelled a rat and knew beyond a doubt that it was forced, yes, as a man's man, he went and got her back. My apologies to any Russian forum readers, it was a bad movie...but, why am I seeing the plot here? Maybe.

I think Eba supporters, as I label them, are right in principle. If you truly love someone and know them...you know when something is wrong. The evidence is condemning, but you know it is a farse. In the end, the truth is out. That is where Seo could shine here. If she was indeed forced to do something against her will and it was horrible. He will be the saviour. Forced? How? Let's try family abuse. Let us say this boyfriend X doesn't exist. Let us say that Rin is league with the devil so to speak and acts as a propaganda force. What is this forced action? I can only hope Seo makes it of such a nature it is believable. A woman, who is truly in love, never dares jeopardizes it. Unless it is very muddy. As in, date this man, or the guy you love will be killed.

If Eba does get another boyfriend and the reasons aren't entirely believable, I believe this is what they refer to as "Jump the Shark". It seems all that character development by Seo about this love since childhood is for naught. However, this is the real world and rarely are both man and women angels to each other. Hence, for realism, as with Suzuka, we may have a character that forgives out of love. Unfortunately, and do not judge me fellow readers, I am not a forgiving man when it comes to love. I will have trouble reading a manga where the character is willing to forgive a woman where I am not. Am I cold? Perhaps I do not know love? I argue, if you reject me, how could you have ever loved me? I am not the only one who believes this. As a book once spoke out to me when a man was wronged by a woman he loved. "That is when love died, and hate was born".

Nanami is more "suited" for him. However, I believe the truimph in this story is that two opposite people could love each other and reject the social restrictions on them. I hope Eba fights for her man too. If she is weak, then what value is there in her? You need a mate which guarantee's your genetic monopoly. Not some whore willing to produce a litter (eventually) from any suitable and powerful rival. Sigh...

So, all I see here is Seo burning through alot of drama. I think if I was Haruto. I can't understand his actions. He works hard, but is too sophisticated emotionally? Or perhaps emotionally stupid? All he can do is love love love, and not care about being hurt? I mean, come on. How many young boys are like this? I was very simple and naive emotionally at that time. I would have cried my eyes out in private. My heart would have died. I would have taken what she said at face value. I would not have dated Nanami as I would not want to get close to another person to get hurt again. I would have focused on grades, physical performance in sports, and developing a successful and powerful career. Make her lose out by losing a man that is everything she isn't. He needs a real woman. A real woman in love could stop the world from turning. That is the truth folks. My wife sacrificed alot to marry me and didn't care. What's Eba's problem? She doesn't love enough in my book. I just can't believe Seo is going to give her a decent reason. She is soiled and ruined in my book. Actually, so is Nanami as she rejected him earlier, understandable though. However, no man likes a rebound. Whoever said Akari is a man after my own heart.

I may be ranting, but I apologize. For those of you like me, who like to see themselves in manga characters, I am sure you appreciate some of the points. This post is like a painting. I paint with wide and general strokes. If you don't agree, that's fine. Just know it comes from my heart as much as my mind. So feel free to state what you think.

HF
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 03:31   Link #1969
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2008 View Post
What's Eba's problem? She doesn't love enough in my book. I just can't believe Seo is going to give her a decent reason. She is soiled and ruined in my book. Actually, so is Nanami as she rejected him earlier, understandable though. However, no man likes a rebound. Whoever said Akari is a man after my own heart.
I don't think not loving enough is the problem. I'd say she did. She spent several years away from him and yet it didn't affect the way she felt for him. She ran to him when she was having family problems rather than to the person she supposedly had a crush on. I think that is likely what Haruto finds wrong about what she wrote in the letter. She's denying everything that ever happened between them pretty much. Denying all the friends and feelings that he knows she really had.

Until we actually SEE Eba, i really think it's too early to call her soiled. We haven't seen if she's actually happy. We haven't seen if she is really sad. If we even just got one little shot of her looking truly happy with the guy it would be one thing but Seo has specifically kept Eba out of any pictures he has drawn since her last talk with Haruto and there must be a good reason for it. Like we wouldn't believe she was truly happily with another guy if we were to see her looking so sad while she is by herself. Yet it would really reinforce, and add more drama, to what has been said if she was actually shown looking happy but there was none of that. I'd say the first picture we actually see of her from now on will really say all the words needed.
Old 2010-01-12, 04:02   Link #1970
DanielSong39

We heard it straight from the horse's mouth: Eba broke up with Haruto. End of story.

Yes, the circumstances are suspect. Maybe Eba is not being truthful. But she still broke up with him! Unless the letter was forged, no other explanation will change that fact.

After Haruto resolves this mess with Eba and Nanami, I think it's time for him to look for other options. Akari, Kotone, or Shiho would be an improvement over this pathetic duo. Unfortunately, Rin seems to be the outsider most likely to get involved in this love web... but let's not go there.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 04:04   Link #1971
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
We heard it straight from the horse's mouth: Eba broke up with Haruto. End of story.

Yes, the circumstances are suspect. Maybe Eba is not being truthful. But she still broke up with him! Unless the letter was forged, no other explanation will change that fact.

After Haruto resolves this mess with Eba and Nanami, I think it's time for him to look for other options. Akari, Kotone, or Shiho would be an improvement over this pathetic duo. Unfortunately, Rin seems to be the outsider most likely to get involved in this love web... but let's not go there.
Just because she broke up with him doesn't mean that she necessarily did it by choice. Like I've said, we have still yet to see a picture of Eba to prove what she truly feels about it.
Old 2010-01-12, 12:02   Link #1972
HF2008

I understand the position of those who I deem are more patient with Seo than I am. I simply, after my past dissapointments with this author, do not see a decent excuse for Eba. He seems to like to torture male leads.

The comment about Rin is interesting. She supposedly has a brother complex. Hence, is this revenge for hitting her brother? Is she trying to bambard and soften up the trenches before she makes her advance, assuming she also has some weird affection for him now. Albeit secret. If things are a lie, a first for Rin, all is fair in love and war. Hence, the reputation of Eba could be redeemed. I wish...but doubt this would be possible.

I believe Seo will use the mistake Haruto made by being a boyfriend of a day to try to offset potential backlash against Eba's mistake.How can I even call it that now? However, they are not proportional. I believe Eba is justified for breaking up with Haruto for that. Unfortunately, as the manga has developed. It seems she already made up her mind to break up with him before that. So, it really isn't about him screwing up unfortunately. I could at least understand that. She may argue that when she seeks forgiveness herself, but, meh. A mute point. Arguments are about truth, not convenient excuses, even if they appear valid on face value.

I need more information. Now I am spinning in circles. I keep repeating to myself that Eba has jumped the shark. She hasn't run back into Haruto's arms like the past. Hasn't been able to sacrifice everything. Is she the type that gives up after she gets what she wants? Is she afraid Haruto will break up with her, so breaks up first to avoid getting hurt? In the end, it is selfish and stupid. Oops. I am spinning my wheels again. Sorry. Enough said. Need more info. Need more info.

I think we need Chapters 76 til 80 to clear some of this up. Unfortunately, those aren't even out yet...lol. Seo, what are you up too? This feels like sense and sensibility where the drama was fantastic, but the happy ending by Jane Austin felt forced and unrealistic. Know what I mean? Seo is no where near the literary sophistication of that author and I am only comparing him to what I consider one of her lesser novels.

For the die hards, how can you get ahold of the raw scans?

Regards,
HF
Old 2010-01-12, 15:01   Link #1973
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2008 View Post
I understand the position of those who I deem are more patient with Seo than I am. I simply, after my past dissapointments with this author, do not see a decent excuse for Eba. He seems to like to torture male leads.
Go read GE (Good Ending) if you want to know what tormenting the main character really means. Compared to GE the KNIM looks like a soft , caring, nice place for a hero actually.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:27   Link #1974
HF2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Go read GE (Good Ending) if you want to know what tormenting the main character really means. Compared to GE the KNIM looks like a soft , caring, nice place for a hero actually.
I read GE and I love it. Thus far, that is. Does that mean I like reading torture drama or is love torture? Hmmm.
Old 2010-01-12, 21:59   Link #1975
justavisitor

lol, Seo, do you really know what you are doing ?? you had better give us good explanation later on as the story unfolds...

About the letter...hmm..now wonder, what was the real purpose of Eba going to Haruto's place?? Was it really a family problem or...she confessed and got rejected by "that" person??

and, somehow I really hope it's not something like Eba got a deadly disease and created some cliche excuse to let Haruto live happily...please, god, nooooooooooooo!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:32   Link #1976
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and, somehow I really hope it's not something like Eba got a deadly disease and created some cliche excuse to let Haruto live happily...please, god, nooooooooooooo!!
maybe that is Nanami. Haruto's sister was warning him against her. That way Eba was trying to help Nanami by sacrificing her happiness knowing nanmi doesn't have much time left.
Old 2010-01-13, 03:24   Link #1977
wiebbe
Moeh?

Send a message via ICQ to wiebbe
To me Haruto really should stay away from nanami, she rejected him twice and is very fiddly with her feelings and thoughts about Haruto. After she saw that Haruto got a relationship with Eba she suddenly was interested again. Although you could say she never lost interest except she didnt want to compete with Eba.

although I haven't read chapter 75 yet, I did read the spoilers and have to agree with some of you. Haruto has to get back to Tokyo and see what is going on! I just cant believe Eba would do this willingly so there has to be an external force that made her write that letter.

From the start I was suspecting something weird with that brother of her, I'm not sure if Seo has done anything like abuse in one his stories before (I only read Suzuka) but to me it feels to gravitate towards that.

Eba is indeed still mysterious, although she seems like an airhead and ditzy most of the times, she is, like Rin said, very calculative as well. I wonder is we will get some more of that Chef chick where Haruto was working parttime, she seemed cute enough, although quite the tsundere and perhaps Haruto has to work extra to get to Tokyo

Cant wait for the story to continue!
wiebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 09:26   Link #1978
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Are the translations accurate? The letter says "dumped me" and not "rejected me", so it is possible that Eba went out with this guy and then he dumped her, and not rejected her confession or something.

But...hearing Haruto say the letter wasn't written by Eba was kind of a relief. I shall believe (I lol'd when he said "again").
Old 2010-01-13, 10:10   Link #1979
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Leave it to Haruto to know Eba well enough to not give up on her.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 11:17   Link #1980
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Leave it to Haruto to know Eba well enough to not give up on her.
If he'd give up on Eba right now, we wouldn't have much of a story left. Still, leave it to Haruto to not open a present from his girlfriend for three weeks. I mean, does he really care about her? -_-
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life