AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 06:53   Link #1921
Nosauz

XIII demo is offered on Advent Children, so you actually have to buy the movie to get it.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 06:59   Link #1922
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
XIII demo is offered on Advent Children, so you actually have to buy the movie to get it.
I know. And I might have a chance to play the Demo for free. My job nature allows me to.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:30   Link #1923
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I know. And I might have a chance to play the Demo for free. My job nature allows me to.
Are you game reviewer of some sort?
Old 2009-04-10, 07:35   Link #1924
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Are you game reviewer of some sort?
Game Purchaser for a local retail chain actually.

Had ordered 60+ copies of the Blu Ray first print to sell from my supplier in Hong Kong. Now it's all depends on whether he can meet my demands. If he does, I can just take a copy for a free spin. And just repackage the entire damn thing to sell to some unsuspecting fanboys/girls later.

I know it's unethical. But if you been in the line for long enough, it's actually the norm.
Old 2009-04-10, 09:05   Link #1925
Nosauz

yep gamestop does this too, go figure. But to sell it as new would never fly in the US, because thats false advertising, but hey I'm assuming your not in the US.

http://kotaku.com/5205385/gamestop-s...uld-be-illegal
possible ftc investigation into this shady practice.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:00   Link #1926
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
but hey I'm assuming your not in the US.
Isn't it obvious ? Which sane retail chain in America will order some Japan Release Blu-Rays to cater to what possibly can be a very unprofitable niched crowd, with the yen rising and all

But here, take it as an equivalent trade. If my purchases arrived on time, barring any mishaps such as a lack of stock, detention of goods at the customs, etc. People here will hear a first hand impression on the Japanese Street Date while I play the demo for free.
Old 2009-04-10, 10:35   Link #1927
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

A friend of mine brought the blu-ray disc just for the demo, as soon as he finishes it, i'm gonna borrow, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:37   Link #1928
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

FF7 for ¥1,500? For download I don't think so, compared to every other PS1 game on the store being ¥600.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:48   Link #1929
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
FF7 for ¥1,500? For download I don't think so, compared to every other PS1 game on the store being ¥600.
Wow, i didn't knew it was so expensive in comparison to the others. FF7 is FF7, but MGS is a classic too and didn't got a price like that. A game i want and never came to the us store is Ganbare Goemon for PS1. I know that the Jp store sells it, but the us just ignore the game... That's the only one PS1 game that i would download for sure.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:54   Link #1930
Rias

Disk 4, the perfect guide, is included in the FF7 download from PSN.

Not that I think it justifies the 1500 yen price tag...

Amazon JP sells FF7 at about 2500 yen.
Old 2009-04-10, 22:50   Link #1931
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I know my friend will buy this game again. Funny how I have to camp at his house to play this game on his 360, and now he gonna to stay at my house for it XD.
Old 2009-04-11, 01:32   Link #1932
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^how's the trophy system?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 02:31   Link #1933
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
hey guys just wondering if the FFXIII demo is on a separate disc to that of Advent Children... i need to know cause i'm kind of interested in getting it if it is on a separate disc due to the region lock on BD movies
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 02:56   Link #1934
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

It's a separate disc.

Also, i took Rag Doll kung fu from a friend. It's a nice game, very entertaining. If you like fight games Smash Bros type, i recommend.
Old 2009-04-11, 06:03   Link #1935
ShinGundam

Hype engines

Ataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 08:37   Link #1936
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
*snip*

FF 7 on Japan Store for PS3/PSP
Oh no... I just bought a used copy of Final Fantasy 7 last summer and not realizing it would actually come out on PSN... Oh well...

Quote:
hey guys just wondering if the FFXIII demo is on a separate disc to that of Advent Children... i need to know cause i'm kind of interested in getting it if it is on a separate disc due to the region lock on BD movies
Only game discs are region free... Not the movie... but the movie will play on a North American console since Japan and North America is in the same region code for Blu-ray.
Old 2009-04-11, 19:09   Link #1937
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
yeah i know bout the region free games... just needed clarification on whether the FFXIII demo would be on a separate disc which would be region free... cause i own an Australian ps3 which won't play the Region A stuff

unless the Advent Children BD is coming to Australia too... anyone have any news on that
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 10:51   Link #1938
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://www.talesunion.com/news/artic...es-of-vesperia

Doesn't sound too good. I still hope to see the US version with dual voice, but it seems that the chance is quite slim now.
Old 2009-04-12, 11:34   Link #1939
Sciel
Etoilé

First it was Vesperia will never come to the PS3 . Now its Vesperia will never be released for the PS3 in the US . Won't surprise me if the 360 fanboys say something like Vesperia will blow up your PS3 next .

Quote:
Look at the Japanese and North American boxart. Only the North American version includes the ONLY ON XBOX 360 logo. Even Star Ocean: The Last Hope's North American boxart doesn't have the logo, so Microsoft might have funded the localization of the game outside of Japan, which would explain why the logo was only on the North American version, and why it was released so quickly after the Japanese version.
There is no proof of this whatsoever that MS funded the translation . Everyone can speculate but no one will ever know . Also , it makes little sense for MS to fund the translation since the reason they wanted Vesperia and the other Jrpgs on the 360 was to push the 360 in Japan. PS , the logo bit is bull . MS sticks the logo on almost everything that comes to their platform first .
EG :

Quote:
The additions in Vesperia for PS3 push doubts even further. Considering the amount of new voiced material needed, these additions wouldn't be a quick job in the recording studio. As the PS3 is region-free, with so much dialogue, if the English voice actors weren't available to reprise their roles a delay is possible, encouraging import sales. Considering this version could be considered by some fans as a Director's Cut, they would be unlikely to pay again just to have the English version. This could also cause an situation where the original voice actor for any given character might not be available, leaving them to either forgo voicing the extra scenes for that character, or replacing them entirely, causing even more voice work to have to be done.
Oh yes so now everyone who wanted to play Vesperia has already played it? Give me a break , not everybody would buy a 360 just to play it . About the VA thingy , I've read that the script is about 1 page longer (From 5 pages long) . I believe Eternal Sonata for the PS3 was around that much longer so i don't see what the issue it . At worst , they would just not record the audio for certain scenes . Essentially all the voicework is almost done anyways .
Quote:
the Xbox 360 version will be released in Europe this summer. If the PlayStation 3 version was announced for North America in the next few months, how would the people who felt they got suckered into buying an "incomplete" version? Like the possibly voice actor delay, to maximize the sales of the European version, they would need to delay a North America version of the PlayStation 3 version, causing sales to go to the import version.
Blame MS? Moneyhatting everything screws everyone up.

To me all of this sounds like sour grapes on the part of 360 fanboys . While i do hope and expect it to come to the NA , all this bitterness and negativity from these closet 360 fanboys cracks me up.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:37   Link #1940
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Oh, my god. Enchanted Arms sucks baaaaaaad. I borrowed from a friend and didn't play more than half an hour... Seing the boxart makes me remember of this game...

Tags
console, ps3, sony