AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-08, 10:56   Link #1061
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

What's weirder is Kyon's reaction to the whole thing. If you knew time is gonna reset in some days and you WON'T remember it, I don't think you'd calmy sit around with your buddies.
If time resets, it's the same as dying for you.

I mean, Mikuru's crying is annoying but I think many people would start crying in such a situation.
Old 2009-07-08, 11:15   Link #1062
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
What's weirder is Kyon's reaction to the whole thing. If you knew time is gonna reset in some days and you WON'T remember it, I don't think you'd calmy sit around with your buddies.
If time resets, it's the same as dying for you.
Actually Kyon is thinking very normally, nothing weird at all.

If time resets, its nothing similar to dying. In fact, with a time reset, you can be sure that you'll probably never die. Unless for some freak quantum interference, you get into a car crash or some accident in one of the loops.

If time resets and you won't remember anything, you won't die and it doesn't harm you, there's nothing you can do. If there's nothing you can do, why not just sit around calmly and just be happy until an idea comes up to solve the problem or just wait for the loop again so that there's another chance for you to solve the problem.

If you are experiencing a problem, the best way is to deal with it calmly.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-08, 12:39   Link #1063
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
That's probably the attitude that caused it to be nearly 15,500 loops instead of only about two or three after they first started realizing what was happening.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-08, 13:00   Link #1064
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Oh yes, time reset IS like dying. After all, you yourself get reset as well.
It's as if you reset a game and start from a certain save point. Imagine you were the player character. If you reset the game, yes, you get deleted. What comes after is a previous version of yourself, but it's not you.

It's like killing yourself and getting replaced by an exact copy.

Kyon of the 15.499th loop is not the Kyon of the 15.498th loop. The latter does not exist anymore.
As he said, he'll leave it to the "him" of tomorrow, which already says this.
Old 2009-07-08, 13:42   Link #1065
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Spoiler for Up to Endless Eight:

I don't know, but i think you guys should put discussion on Endless Eight in spoiler

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-08 at 13:56.
Old 2009-07-08, 13:59   Link #1066
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-08, 14:17   Link #1067
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Endless Eight:
Old 2009-07-08, 14:25   Link #1068
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reminder from the first post of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
This thread is for those with questions about the Suzumiya Haruhi (also known as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) anime, novel and manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, novel or manga.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the novel or manga (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban.
Please remember this thread is for specific questions and answers, it is not meant to be a discussion thread!

If you wish to discuss certain topics (as has been happening in this thread recently) then we have no issues as long as you do so in the correct thread!

Please continue the discussion in the appropriate episode discussion threads, the Ontology thread or in the speculation thread.
Old 2009-07-11, 12:11   Link #1069
ellifeedn
Thinker

Do all the "Endless Eight" episodes have the same name or does each one have something that marks it a different episode from the others?
Old 2009-07-11, 12:25   Link #1070
Iaevuous

All of them are just "Endless Eight".
Old 2009-07-11, 13:18   Link #1071
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Arent' the characters of "Endless Eight" in different positions on the screen for each episode?
Old 2009-07-11, 15:34   Link #1072
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Arent' the characters of "Endless Eight" in different positions on the screen for each episode?
Yes, but written normally it is the same title.
Old 2009-07-11, 20:06   Link #1073
ellifeedn
Thinker

So in terms of episode titles, would they count as "one" episode?
Old 2009-07-11, 22:48   Link #1074
OkamiNoKaze

It seems to be a speculation for many people, no definite answer on that yet though
Old 2009-07-12, 23:40   Link #1075
Shinjigami

Hello guys, i am new here, and in advance i wanna apology, english is not my native language, so please be gentle with mistakes :P

anyway, the reason i am writing is that i wanna get startet with this said to be strange anime tale of haruhi. Its strangeness already got me without even haven seen one episode, while browsing the alivalible episodes in the wikipedia episode list.

it sais something about season one, season two (nothing special) but something about different broadcast orders, and reairing of stuff and so on....so in other words....i am confused.... so to put it bluntly....is the 2006 season, season 1 and the stuff from 09 follows that season....or is it that the 09 season retells everything and makes the 06 season needless......or am i falling into the schemes of some scriptwriters ?

thanks in advance for helping my confused being
Old 2009-07-13, 00:49   Link #1076
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjigami View Post
Hello guys, i am new here, and in advance i wanna apology, english is not my native language, so please be gentle with mistakes :P

anyway, the reason i am writing is that i wanna get startet with this said to be strange anime tale of haruhi. Its strangeness already got me without even haven seen one episode, while browsing the alivalible episodes in the wikipedia episode list.

it sais something about season one, season two (nothing special) but something about different broadcast orders, and reairing of stuff and so on....so in other words....i am confused.... so to put it bluntly....is the 2006 season, season 1 and the stuff from 09 follows that season....or is it that the 09 season retells everything and makes the 06 season needless......or am i falling into the schemes of some scriptwriters ?

thanks in advance for helping my confused being
Welcome. To answer your question truthfully, it's a little bit of both. Every episode of the 2006 season is aired as part of the 2009 season, but there are additional episodes inserted in the order. The 2006 season aired in an odd order that began and ended with the adaptation of the first novel, and had various shorter stories mixed in. But with the re-airing, every episode, including the new ones, are in order of when they happen in the overall story. Some will probably disagree, but I suggest you watch the 2009 episodes. The "repeated" episodes are the nicer DVD versions, and you get a better idea of overall storyline, especially once you get to things that have not aired yet.

Nothing wrong with "falling into the schemes of the scriptwriters". It's their show after all, and you can always "re-edit" it in your head later on if you're disappointed. But I would recommend reading the source novels after you've seen all the episodes.
Old 2009-07-13, 02:29   Link #1077
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
okay, so if i am to watch the first episodes of the 09 season it includes everything from season one too.......
I suggest you continue this line of questioning in The Order of Haruhi Suzumiya (In what order should this be watched?).

As for your other question, please read my reply a few posts back
Quote:
the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime, novel or manga.
Old 2009-07-14, 08:47   Link #1078
raiandesu

I have a question.

In the beginning of an episode, it shows the Sponsers right?

Whats that piano song in the background called?
Old 2009-07-26, 19:24   Link #1079
Xiomay
Bazinga~!

Send a message via AIM to Xiomay Send a message via MSN to Xiomay
The piano song is called Haruhi no kokuhaku and it can be found on Suzumiya Haruhi Soundtrack 03 / Radio Bangumi 04 =]
Old 2009-07-28, 00:49   Link #1080
Zantetsuken

I've read in Tv Tropes that Kyon was born in 1994? Is this true?