AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-05-16, 06:03   Link #61
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
I heard the game is a role playing one. what system is it on?. PS1/2 Or another role playing game for PC?.
The PS2 port handled by Flight Plan (who makes Summon Night) is projected to be out this summer. I know I'm going to be preordering it...
The game is basically around 29 battles, SRPG style, but everyone has pretty much fixed classes. You have essentially four areas to put stat points into after the end of a battle: attack strength, physical defense strength, magical defense strength and combo number. The number of points you get depends on how many enemies that particular character took out, etc. The game is pretty much linear, but after you beat it once, you should be able to play through it a few more times with harder and harder difficulty levels. In the PC DVD version of the game, you can get awards for clearing the game under certain conditions. If you beat the game on one of the hard difficulties, you'll be able to get a bonus picture of Aruruw sitting by the riverside. If you get all the awards, she um... has a clothing malfunction D: Also, the DVD version allows you to hook up an accessory called the P/ECE onto your computer. Once it's hooked up, you can play a minigame with your characters on the handheld P/ECE, and level up your characters that way. (Normally, you'd only be able to level up your characters a lot by dying in battle, as your stats are preserved after dying). I guess the PS2 version wouldn't have the P/ECE support, but it would be fun to at least play those minigames or something.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 14:03   Link #62
Furudanuki

In episode #7, the leader of the winged people is referred to as "Horuyankuru". Can someone in the know please tell me whether this is his name, or a title of some sort? BTW, I'm posting this in Q&A instead of the episode thread just in case the response would constitute a spoiler for the anime.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 15:06   Link #63
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

It's "オルヤンクル" (oruyankuru). It's their term for the highest ranked priest/priestess of Witsarunemitea(a deity). Yankuru simply means a high priest/priestess. The Oru is kind of like a modifier, and is probably related to Owro (オゥルォ), the term people use for king/emperor/ruler, etc.
Old 2006-05-20, 17:21   Link #64
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I have a little question.
What kind of Animal part has Benawi?

sorry for strange english ^^
Old 2006-05-20, 17:28   Link #65
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
I have a little question.
What kind of Animal part has Benawi?

sorry for strange english ^^
If they were a little more aggressive, Mukuru's mouth part would have Benawi.

Actually Benawi has furry ears a bit like Kurou's, they're just hidden by his hair.
Old 2006-05-20, 17:30   Link #66
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
If they were a little more aggressive, Mukuru's mouth part would have Benawi.

Actually Benawi has furry ears a bit like Kurou's, they're just hidden by his hair.
Thank you
Old 2006-05-21, 08:42   Link #67
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
It's "オルヤンクル" (oruyankuru). It's their term for the highest ranked priest/priestess of Witsarunemitea(a deity). Yankuru simply means a high priest/priestess. The Oru is kind of like a modifier, and is probably related to Owro (オゥルォ), the term people use for king/emperor/ruler, etc.
Thanks for the info, zalas. That definitely makes a lot more sense than some of the strange things I was coming up with trying to parse the word by ear without having seen the kana.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 09:01   Link #68
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
I've always wondered, what kind of ears does Touka have? Cos they look a bit like wings or something D: (Shoot me if my guess is right D; )
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 18:27   Link #69
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
I've always wondered, what kind of ears does Touka have? Cos they look a bit like wings or something D: (Shoot me if my guess is right D; )
I've considered them to be hawk/owl wings :/
Old 2006-05-21, 19:47   Link #70
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It's a little weird considering that everyone else has either animal ears for ears, or bird wings for wings, but she has bird wings for ears.
Old 2006-05-21, 21:56   Link #71
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
It's a little weird considering that everyone else has either animal ears for ears, or bird wings for wings, but she has bird wings for ears.
Yeah, that's what I thought D: I was all like, "Wait...wtf?"
Old 2006-05-21, 23:18   Link #72
KBTKaiser

they're still dog ears, IMO. >>; Just that the hair inside ear is pretty long. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 23:22   Link #73
[H]
Playing my way..

Wew, so Benawi actually is a kobold (or is it?) o_O"
[H] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 23:45   Link #74
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

D: Before, I used to think Touka was some kind of rabbit or hare or something of the sort. Then I looked closer and noticed her ears looked like wings.
Old 2006-05-22, 02:23   Link #75
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
D: Before, I used to think Touka was some kind of rabbit or hare or something of the sort. Then I looked closer and noticed her ears looked like wings.
There's actually a people in Utawarerumono who look something like rabbit-people (there's at least a couple featured in the OP. Kinda hard to see at this point though). But I'm not sure if they're rabbit ears, since they seem too smooth to be such.
Old 2006-05-22, 03:11   Link #76
Erroll

So if Hakuoro the only human character? If so, I wonder why no one thinks it's strange that his ears are so different. Or maybe they think the ears are hiding behind the mask.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 06:08   Link #77
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroll
Or maybe they think the ears are hiding behind the mask.
Yes I'm one of those that think his ears are hiding in those pointy things of his mask. Thats why I think that he isnt human..
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 07:00   Link #78
[H]
Playing my way..

Well, i think hakuoro is not really a human, there is some kind of monster inside him, rite?
[H] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 11:10   Link #79
Alu
Guide my hand...

@Lost :
We have already seen Hakuoro's ears.., I belive they are shown in a very fast scene in the episode where Aruruu and Mukuru come to save him while he was fight Benawi; previously to that during while he was on the camp training the other men there is a part there where we can see his ears.

Or I might be mistakened ^^

Certain thing is.., there is a scene in a episode where they are clearly shown to be Human ears..,
I had intentions to refering to that when the episode discussion was on but I recon I ended up forgetting about it..

I am just sure though that they where shown, 100% sure.

@[H] :
Well..., out of everyone he clearly is the "most" human I belive.., but.., alot is still yet to know about him..
Regarding the monster.., its very possible you might be right
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 20:43   Link #80
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I don't think we show be speculating on what his ears look like, because from my point of view he has normal one, i think what we should be thinking about is wether Hakuro really have "horns" behind those on his mask?