AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-15, 01:13   Link #21
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I'm now preparing myself mentally for the task of writing up some musings for episode 26...

Whoops! Gotta watch the episode first! I'll have a musings post for you guys in less than 30 minutes.
Old 2003-11-15, 01:48   Link #22
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Special translator note about this episode:

http://www.the-triad.org/modules.php...rtid=11&page=1

It wasn't in the episode, but I think it's important to point out, especially for musings ^^
Old 2003-11-15, 02:16   Link #23
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Well, it's that time again! And, much to my disappointment, the last time, the I'll be doing these Ultra Maniac MUUUUUUUUUSSSSIIIINGGGS! Hmm... that was pretty weird. Sorry. Anyway, here's this week's rating:

Yep, nothing much to say about it. Nothing spectacular and nothing terrible. Just... average. Moderate. You get the idea.

1) I find it odd that the prince would have any need for a butler. If the prince can use magic to create things out of thin air, what purpose would a butler have? Is the prince too busy to wiggle his nose or however those people from the magical kingdom use magic?

2) I feel kind of empty inside after watching that episode. Sure, I suppose it MIGHT have been caused by the fact that my lunch didn't sit too well today, but I think the fact that the ending was so "Ehhhh" was the real cause. There just wasn't anything special in the ending. I was neither in awe nor was I disappointed. The only part that made me happy was when Tsujiai made the little joke in the end. Other than that, I just felt like I was watching any other average episode before episode 24 (the good episode).

3) It's funny how Yuta, after being in love with Nina his entire life, suddenly switched over to Luna. Hilarious? No. Funny? Yes.

4) It's also quite funny how nobody wondered why Kawakakakakakaaka I HATE THAT GUY'S NAME!!!! ARGGHHHHH!!! JELLYFISH SMASH!!

*ahem*

I find it weird how nobody at all wondered why "that guy" was talking to them so casually about the magical kingdom and the holy stones... and the fact that Nina was a witch. They spent almost three quarters of the series trying anything they could do to make sure he DIDN'T know her secret, and yet they just casually talk to him after that? Also, how the heck did he know everything about what was going on? By the way he talked, it seemed like he wasn't confused at all concerning the fact that almost everybody in his school disappeared into a giant void and almost died. Just another day at the office for him, I guess.

5) Why did Mikami-sensei react like that when he saw Nina? It's not like he knew that she was a witch. Also, his memories weren't wiped so it's not like he was seeing a new student...

6) Why did Maya have to marry the prince? Why couldn't she marry me instead? Hey, wait a second - isn't Maya like... 14 years old? I know this country is magical, but shouldn't they wait until the candidates are like... legal?

7) I was chuckling to myself after I found out what happened to the other candidates. Wow, what a totally half-assed way to handle the issue. Why did they become candidates in the first place, huh? Did they not know what they were getting into? Also, if they actually loved the prince, why would they choose to NOT come to the palace. Also also, how were the candidates "disqualified"? Did they all do something like what Maya did? How can a candidate do something so horrible that it would warrant a disqualification?

8) Also also ALSO, just a few episodes ago, Nina's grandfather was talking to the principal about all of the candidates. Did they all get disqualified or drop out immediately after that?

9) Lest I forget, Ultra Maniac review is now up get it while it's... hot?

10) I was disappointed to not find my name in [Triad]'s ending special. For shame, Dragosmore. For shame!

11) Why would Nina need an invitation to the Prince's birthday celebration if, at the time of her receiving the invitation, she was expected to become the princess? This must be the funniest plot hole I've ever seen in the entire course of the show!

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-11-15 at 03:54.
Old 2003-11-15, 03:02   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Just finished watching ep 26 and thank you Triad for doing an awesome job on subbing the series. Their really nothing else to say except that I really enjoyed watching this series and glad that its finally over. Thanks again Traid
Old 2003-11-15, 03:07   Link #25
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Jellyfish I have to admit your review is the only thing that can actually get me off my lazy butt and go and get that episode. Not saying that the episode is giving me a lot of hope, but you have spark enough curiousity to make me actually want to watch this episode.

Thank you - I think- Jellyfish.
Old 2003-11-15, 03:15   Link #26
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Noooo! Don't do it, Ori! You're throwing your life away!
Old 2003-11-15, 03:29   Link #27
Ori

I am rather surprise you actually gave this series a higher mark than what you gave DN Angel. I thought, although DN Angel is as bad as Ultra Maniac, at least there are more episodes that are worthwhile than this series. The ending of DN Angel was pretty good too - way higher than my expectation.

Curious... very curious indeed. I am pretty nice with rating an anime - perhaps becuase I am well aware of the hours went into animating any series - even crappy ones. I don't give out failing grades (surprisingly not even for Dragonball Z). But considering a bunch of the anime got 9 or higher (well they differ by the tenth, so you can still tell which one I like more), giving DN Angel an 8.1 isn't that high in my standard. But I can't say I will give Ultra Maniac even that. =_=

I suppose though I must wait for this new episode to finish downloading to really tell.
Old 2003-11-15, 03:35   Link #28
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Dude, the D.N.Angel ending (which I hated, by the way), has nothing on this one. This one is like... the more UBERER ending! It's the alpha ending. No, wait... it's the OMEGA ending!

Also, if you would like, we could combine our forces as reviewers. I have 998 more MB of space to fill and it sure isn't going to come from my webpages. We have to build that database! BUILD I SAY!

Hmm... by the way, where are your reviews anyway? You don't have the website listed anywhere on animesuki, and I've never seen you mention it before this thread...

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-11-15 at 03:58.
Old 2003-11-15, 05:18   Link #29
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A good ending for an average anime. Ultra Maniac was good in the beginning but got rather boring at the end so I think the end was pretty good. I felt statisfied, but I wonder Mikami reacted so funny when she saw Nina.
Old 2003-11-15, 11:48   Link #30
Ori

At the moment my review section is still really really small... Not like your reviews... But then again that's basically becuase I tend to write really long reviews.

^_^;;; But long reviews take a long time to write.

If you want to join force I don't mind. Here's my (extremely humble and small) review page: http://www.animereviewz.blogspot.com About my choice of anime to review though - I started off with the ones that everyone would know about becuase I figure no one else would bother to make good detail reviews for these anime. I am going to move into better anime soon. I watched all on my anime list. It's just that I never got time to write about them.

Back to Ultra Maniac. The ending - yeah it's better than I thought. I thought it would be crap - but nope it's not bad.

So all those holy stone after all those fights they just go to Maya anyway? Oh life is so meaningless isn't it? Maya didn't need to fight and she could have gotten everything.

I can't believe that all those time Maya and the prince were in love but the prince thought it was Nina he loved and not Maya... isn't that a bit superficial? He realized he love that girl who he saw ONCE in his life and he have decided to marry that girl just because he danced with her that one short time so long time ago?

Nina went back to the human world - yay. I sort of expected that I suppose, but it's happy. Yes, very happy.
Old 2003-11-15, 12:07   Link #31
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
At the moment my review section is still really really small... Not like your reviews... But then again that's basically becuase I tend to write really long reviews.
Wait, are you saying I don't write long reviews? Maybe some of the older ones are short (Revolutionary Girl Utena and Dragon Half are from a little over a year ago), but I've been making 'em pretty lengthy for a few months now. They just keep getting longer and longer, I can't stop 'em!!

Quote:
^_^;;; But long reviews take a long time to write.

If you want to join force I don't mind. Here's my (extremely humble and small) review page: http://www.animereviewz.blogspot.com About my choice of anime to review though - I started off with the ones that everyone would know about becuase I figure no one else would bother to make good detail reviews for these anime. I am going to move into better anime soon. I watched all on my anime list. It's just that I never got time to write about them.
I like the look of your site a lot, but I'm not quite sold on the small, narrow font or the menu where you have to click on the Xs to go places... Hmm... that's about it. Otherwise, everything is pretty cool

Also, I noticed these little "â€"s scattered all over the place. Is that supposed to mean something or...? One more thing, I also noticed that you review anime that you haven't completed watching, which is a big no-no in my book. In addition to that, you use a completely different rating system than me, so I guess joining forces to take over the anime review empire isn't much of an option. (though that is totally up to you)

Quote:
Back to Ultra Maniac. The ending - yeah it's better than I thought. I thought it would be crap - but nope it's not bad.

So all those holy stone after all those fights they just go to Maya anyway? Oh life is so meaningless isn't it? Maya didn't need to fight and she could have gotten everything.

I can't believe that all those time Maya and the prince were in love but the prince thought it was Nina he loved and not Maya... isn't that a bit superficial? He realized he love that girl who he saw ONCE in his life and he have decided to marry that girl just because he danced with her that one short time so long time ago?

Nina went back to the human world - yay. I sort of expected that I suppose, but it's happy. Yes, very happy.
Yeah, after having a crush on Nina for his entire life, it seemed kind of odd that he would immediately switch to Maya.
Old 2003-11-15, 13:04   Link #32
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I like the look of your site a lot, but I'm not quite sold on the small, narrow font or the menu where you have to click on the Xs to go places... Hmm... that's about it. Otherwise, everything is pretty cool
Yeah that's why I am going to change my layout soon. The new layout would be easier to read... I hope and will be in frames.

Quote:
Also, I noticed these little "â€"s scattered all over the place. Is that supposed to mean something or...? One more thing, I also noticed that you review anime that you haven't completed watching, which is a big no-no in my book. In addition to that, you use a completely different rating system than me, so I guess joining forces to take over the anime review empire isn't much of an option. (though that is totally up to you)
The little "â€"s is something I don't really get myself. When I write my reviews there are no little "â€"s they pop up when I transfer them to blogger for some odd odd reasons (it never happened before) I tried really hard to fix it but no matter what I do it won't work for me. -_-;; Sigh...

The anime I haven't totally watched and reviews are stuff that are ridiculously long: ie) Pokemon, Yugioh, Card Captor Sakura, Digimon and Dragonball. You don't have to watch every single episode in those anime to actually get the hang of it. I watched over 120 episodes for Pokemon, over 90 for Yugioh, the whole first two seasons plus half of the third season for Digimon, over 50 for Card Captor Sakura, and any episode important for the plot in Dragonball. These anime just keep repeating themselves again and again becuase they have so many fillers.

Quote:
Yeah, after having a crush on Nina for his entire life, it seemed kind of odd that he would immediately switch to Maya.
Yeah I agree... and they are getting married?! How old are they anyway? 15? 16? I forgot. But the prince only realized the person he loved in Maya and they... Gosh it's odd...
Old 2003-11-15, 14:08   Link #33
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Ultra Maniac ended better than I though it would. It just made me crack up on how fast the guys love interest changed And yeah, I laughed when Yuta thought Luna looked "kawaii" Was I the only one who was terribly scarred for life when the prince started having ticks I tought I was going to die right then and there. Nina should of thrown a glass of water on him.

I have a new found repsect for Maya-chan. Whoa I put -chan on the end of her name O_O! I like her when she's not a mad pyscho. Though she should of left her hair brown hehe. I hope shes happy with the prince...and what exactly did that door open? I mean all I saw was the door disappear nothing else. Maybe it opened a honeymoon suite lol.

Kawanajimaku--I just made that up-- When I saw the ending credits I was so happy to learn he didn't suffer the same fate of his character. I mean, I bet no one ever talked to him cause his loooong name was a tongue twister He should become a photographer.

One last thing, thanks Triad for translating Ultra Maniac. You guys did an awesome job on it. Of course, this goes out to all the other fansubbers who did UM.
Old 2003-11-16, 00:41   Link #34
Anlushac11

Cool

I too would like to thank all for Ultra Maniac.

Loved Maya and she was better as a blonde!

never realized the significance of the locket she kept staring at through the series. And Maya is so very cool when she mellowed out.

And I was ROFLMAO when Yuta went for Luna, did not see that coming.

And I thought Nina was just too cute in her magic school uniform.

The ending was kinda predictable but I still really liked it. Im a sucker for happy endings.
Old 2003-11-16, 01:02   Link #35
JaeRoler

haha my reaction was just like Nina's when Yuta said "kawaii"...
Old 2003-11-16, 01:35   Link #36
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I found that to be a totally half-assed way to handle the love quadrilateral. The prince immediately changes his love interest and... Yuta immediately changes his love interest?!
Old 2003-11-16, 04:33   Link #37
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
I found that to be a totally half-assed way to handle the love quadrilateral. The prince immediately changes his love interest and... Yuta immediately changes his love interest?!
Heh, heh, I find it far more "true to life" than the idea that someone like Yuta would obsess for years over Nina and never look at another girl. After all, in the actual non-animated high school world, who loves who normally changes week to week - if not day to day.

...besides, Luna is *kawaii* in a Beetlejuice-esque kind of way
Old 2003-11-16, 13:32   Link #38
Ori

Here's my take on the Luna thing. I think that Yuta fell for her because she just handed him a love charm or something.
Old 2003-11-17, 07:35   Link #39
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Well... I think it's not that strange for the prince to go suddenly for Maya-chan. I mean, the prince wanted nina only because of what happened in the past. He was chasing the girl of his past, even though he probably doesn't really love her. He just can't imagine someone else to marry. And most viewers would have been sad if Nina could not be with Tsujiai.

As for Yuta... he already gave up on Nina where he gave her tickets for the magic trip. But him having a crush on Luna is only for fun's sake
Old 2003-11-17, 16:12   Link #40
Anlushac11

Quote:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread