AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-24, 16:17   Link #161
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Not a bad way to end the season, but not very exciting either. There are some loose ends, like Flareknight said about the monsters with elven tattoo writings,... I can't see any more interesting antagonists arising from a out-of-the-way remote village.

The loose ends of this arc were covered in LN Vol 10, which the anime skipped (they only adapted 10's ending though). Which is a shame because it
Spoiler for Vol 10 spoilers:

As for more antagonists, that is found in the skipped LNs Vol 6-7 which revolves around
Spoiler for Vol 6-7 spoilers:

Overall S2 covered Vols 5, 8-9, and 10's ending. (plus the anime-original ep 4).

S1 covered Vols 1-4.

That leaves enough content for S3, namely Vols 6-7, 10, 11-13.

At this point they might as well do a S3, they've already come this far and there's still enough source material to adapt from.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 16:28   Link #162
AndrewR5D4

The reason this season was a letdown is probably because of the pacing. Had they gotten through the events of volume 10, the audience would have seen the closure of Van's development AND learned some very interesting secrets about the world they live in and the true nature of Demis.

Demis sees no value in the individual person and the memories and feelings that shape them. As explained by the Asura Demon from Season 1, Demis gives the Hero and Demon Lord blessings to facilitate an endless war between races to ensure the development of society.

Speaking from a real world historical perspective, war does help to move society forward. However, it is just as true to say that human intelligence and innovation does just as much. The events of Volume 10 imply that Demis dislikes the more peaceful approach, seeing his way as the ONLY proper way and caring nothing for the individuals who suffer because of it.

Let's just say there's a reason why the Ancient Ruins looks so sci-fi, and also why strange monsters with multiple blessings appear to be spawning from within.

Make of it what you will, but I highly suggest reading Volume 10.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-24, 18:24   Link #163
Random14

Its too bad they skipped some volumes, I would have liked to have seen vol 6-7 adapted, they were more fun. I can see why they made Van's arc the main plot but would have preferred to have only put up with him for half a season rather than the whole one, would have helped the pacing too. And its nothing new but of course the anime sped by the wider theological (think that's the right word?) implications of Demis changing someone's Blessing just like that (so much for an omniscient god). Well, at least Van has finally settled down and his party can set out on their journey.

So they did move up Red getting the blue sapphire, better than leave that hanging. Though its a bit of a stretch for Lavender to give it now, after certain events in vol 10 it makes a bit more sense. Red and Rit's party is a good place to end the series, its always nice to see them happy together, along with everyone else celebrating with them and really that's the heart of the series. I was hoping for another season to be announced, but this series getting a second season was already a surprise so that's enough.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 18:12   Link #164
Alchemist007
*Author

There were some good parts but there was a dumb lesson to be taught to the antagonist at the risk of common sense and sanity. The fluff felt less fluffy when it was separated with scenes of an edgelord being a psycho.

5/10
Old 2024-03-26, 01:55   Link #165
Lex79

I guess since Van was going to be redeemed they had to make so that the cardinal wasn't actually dead, or else the conclusion of this arc would've felt much heavier and forgiving the hero much more difficult.
Since he seemed truly changed I can accept him being given a second chance, plus Red needs someone who can play the Hero role instead of his sister.
We also get the engagement for the main couple, with all their friends happy for them, and Ruti too gave her blessing...but they still don't know what she truly means when she says she'll be next.
Overall a nice continuation for the series, despite the main antagonist being underwhelming.
Old 2024-03-26, 06:25   Link #166
larethian

The ending is within my expectations, given the macro premise of the series, so no surprises there. Not unwelcome though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 15:11   Link #167
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's interesting seeing how they pieced together things to create this season. It certainly feels like this might be the last season we get animated. If they wanted/needed to move things around so much that's just the impression I get. In terms of endings this is a solid place to leave it.

The big issues have been resolved. Red/Rit are heading towards marriage so they are good. Ruti has been freed from any lingering regret of not using her powers for the greater good. And overall things are pretty stable. There are some loose threads obviously, but ones that were underplayed quite a bit this season so you could kind of forget about them .

Season 1 was definitely better. But hey...there was always that Ruti Opening .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I guess since Van was going to be redeemed they had to make so that the cardinal wasn't actually dead, or else the conclusion of this arc would've felt much heavier and forgiving the hero much more difficult.
Since he seemed truly changed I can accept him being given a second chance, plus Red needs someone who can play the Hero role instead of his sister.
We also get the engagement for the main couple, with all their friends happy for them, and Ruti too gave her blessing...but they still don't know what she truly means when she says she'll be next.
Overall a nice continuation for the series, despite the main antagonist being underwhelming.
Yeah, if they wanted to have Van redeemed and filling Ruti's role then couldn't exactly let the Cardinal bleed out. Although that is the most realistic result for him. It does involve ignoring all the people Van let get killed before arriving in Zoltan or how he casually chopped off that one guy's head as a first response. But it also fits that Red and company don't really care about the wider world, but rather just their corner of it in Zoltan.

It's a convenient option. And more effective than hoping that Albert could possibly fill the role.
Old 2024-03-26, 22:58   Link #168
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I love how Red outright dodges the accusation of cheating...despite the fact that he totally did . Sure Red, just keep moving ahead and don't comment on that one. Although to be fair it was Van's fault for going along with Red's terms when he absolutely didn't have to. Should have abused having the superior weapon. If Red lost because he couldn't be bothered to get a good sword that's on him.
I mean, he only "cheated" when Van resorted to magic first, when it came to actual swordmanship Van was utterly outclassed.

I think it was totally fair what he did and what matters was ultimately showing Van the true taste of defeat and what it means.
Quote:
That was even more anticlimactic than I expected. They build a whole season around this Van thing and it's the minor event of the whole series to this point. Any of the smaller arcs in season 1 were more intense than this.
I dunno, the action animation was pretty on-point .
Quote:
Even the Priest survived!? Oh come on. Are we going to reveal next that the guy Van decapitated is also fine!?
Do we want that gut to be fine ?
Quote:
I mean yeah, that's a fine way to wrap things up I suppose. A bit underwhelming. But again it's still the best result for the main characters. Since they need a hero to fill Ruti's absence. If Van can get the job done then that's easier on everyone. Not that I could see Red feeling guilty if Ruti's absence lead to the world burning to ashes, but I think Ruti would probably feel bad about it .
They at least probably have a point that if Van genuinely wants to do it, and is willing to learn the proper way to be a Hero, he's a better option than Ruti. Red seems genuinely committed to mentoring him.
Quote:
Not as good a season as the first one. But that's the downside of the major drama playing out in that first season. There wasn't all that much to tackle this time around. In some ways it feels like the story was intended to end where that first season did but the need to pay the bills kept the story going .

A 6.5/10. Not the worst season, but never quite did enough with its setup.
Honestly I feel like it's the same as the first season, ultimately. People enjoyed the Slice of Life/Romance part but felt the show really dragged when it got to the actual serious fantasy plot stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's interesting seeing how they pieced together things to create this season. It certainly feels like this might be the last season we get animated. If they wanted/needed to move things around so much that's just the impression I get. In terms of endings this is a solid place to leave it.

The big issues have been resolved. Red/Rit are heading towards marriage so they are good. Ruti has been freed from any lingering regret of not using her powers for the greater good. And overall things are pretty stable. There are some loose threads obviously, but ones that were underplayed quite a bit this season so you could kind of forget about them .

Season 1 was definitely better. But hey...there was always that Ruti Opening .
Yeah, if they wanted to have Van redeemed and filling Ruti's role then couldn't exactly let the Cardinal bleed out. Although that is the most realistic result for him. It does involve ignoring all the people Van let get killed before arriving in Zoltan or how he casually chopped off that one guy's head as a first response. But it also fits that Red and company don't really care about the wider world, but rather just their corner of it in Zoltan.

It's a convenient option. And more effective than hoping that Albert could possibly fill the role.
They even brought back the season 1 OP! Then again, I don't think anyone was expecting this show to get a second season, so never say never .
Old 2024-03-27, 08:13   Link #169
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Honestly I feel like it's the same as the first season, ultimately. People enjoyed the Slice of Life/Romance part but felt the show really dragged when it got to the actual serious fantasy plot stuff.

They even brought back the season 1 OP! Then again, I don't think anyone was expecting this show to get a second season, so never say never .
A lot of people tend to sneer at the serious plot stuff, but I always felt it was the more intriguing part of the series - the free will vs imposed predestiny struggle, and the implication that Demis treats everyone as a game piece for his greater game (as AndrewR5D4 mentioned in their post).

They might as well do a S3, since they've already come this far and there's still enough material to adapt.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hero party