AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-09, 18:17   Link #3621
eceso

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I've been rewatching the show and I am picking up things I didn't earlier. Watching Uroko and Akari's conversation in episode gave me chills. When Uroko said he could put a curse on her to forget Itaru, I suddenly realize what that curse exactly was.

Spoiler for taking her ability to love:

PV2 Manaka narration pretty much sums up the show as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HW-1PoIPCo

@Triple_R
Mihashi and Tsumugu had a laptop
oh wow great find/catch

that does change my perception of both incidents and why uroko was surprised with what was happening in the second one
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 22:04   Link #3622
Zangor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Official site new visual

Images
Testamur
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
wonder what the note says.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 08:30   Link #3623
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Official site new visual

Images
Testamur
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lol. I thought my eyes were playing tricks but it's a graduation certificate for Nagiasu fans, like a big "Congratulations!" for bearing all 26 episodes. It's signed by Ojoshisama.

Touching and cute, really.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 05:44   Link #3624
deadite

OST 1 is out!
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:19   Link #3625
deadite

haha I find 2nd cour around the same quality as the 1st, just tackling different things but ultimately interrelated. This show really gets better on a second marathon rewatch. Lots of symbolism and subtlety in there. I can see now how many episodes ultimately tie in to the finale as well. Loads of foreshadowing and how the central theme of accepting both joy and pain in life is there. The hibernation is basically the Sea God protecting his subjects from the pain of having to deal with the fact that people are leaving the sea. That's why when he realized that he needed to accept change he decided to wake everyone up.
Old 2014-05-31, 17:19   Link #3626
deadite

Spoiler for Visual Book:

Hope this becomes available for purchase

Last edited by deadite; 2014-05-31 at 21:27.
Old 2015-01-30, 07:11   Link #3627
bastek66

Official twitter posted some picture a week ago
Old 2015-02-03, 22:46   Link #3628
deadite

saw that too very interesting...
Old 2015-02-15, 06:32   Link #3629
bastek66

Art for Valentines
Old 2015-02-20, 12:05   Link #3630
desrtsku
Nympholept

That's super cute. More Sayu is welcome.
Old 2015-03-11, 06:40   Link #3631
Dark Paladin X

NISA home video release for North America details revealed. It's been confirmed to get an English dub.

Quote:
  • Release date: June 30, 2015
  • Genre: Romantic Drama, Fantasy
  • Age rating: Teen
  • Media: 3 Blu-ray disc set
  • Total of 26 episodes
  • Runtime: 615 minutes
  • English voice acting, original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles
  • (subtitles for Japanese audio Blu-ray discs cannot be turned off)
  • Bonus content: clean openings, clean endings, and original Japanese trailers
  • Premium box with two disc original soundtrack (Disc 1: 31 songs, Disc 2: 29 songs), and a full-color, approx. 76-page hardcover art book, complete with character info, episode guide, text commentary, prop designs, and full-color background art and art settings.
Also, official trailer (I apologize if you aren't a U.S. resident):

From what I can tell, that's Michelle Ruff's voice and it's most likely her as Manaka.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2015-03-22 at 12:29.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 06:58   Link #3632
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Oh dear that dub for the pv. I can't stop laughing at how bad it is.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 10:06   Link #3633
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
First of all, it's only a trailer. Trailers are not meant to make good judgement if a dub is going to be bad or not. Secondly, the dub studio you are dealing with is most likely Bang Zoom, who is known to make a lot of high quality dubs in California. Finally, it's a bad idea to jump into conclusions based on a fucking trailer.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Old 2015-03-15, 21:33   Link #3634
deadite

seeing as the english dub trailer is just a translated version of PV2; Manaka's poem in PV2 seems thematically relevant to the plot of the show.

Anyone wants to give a shot at how each verse relates to the show's themes and plot?
Old 2015-03-18, 19:17   Link #3635
kco143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I feel the same way. I don't know who the VA is, but it sounds too obvious to me that she's not in her teens. That completely ruins it for me.

It's like when the jrpg, Tales of Xillia, used an older woman to voice a 19-year old girl.

I want dubs to succeed and there are so many great ones out there. I guess we'll have to wait until this is released to give further judgement.
Old 2015-03-20, 12:53   Link #3636
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I started watching this a day and a bit ago, now I have finished it. It felt a bit dragged out after episode 21, but was excellent apart from that. Feel sad about how the story ended with the characters . Beautiful anime either way.
Old 2015-03-22, 08:06   Link #3637
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kco143 View Post
I feel the same way. I don't know who the VA is, but it sounds too obvious to me that she's not in her teens. That completely ruins it for me.

It's like when the jrpg, Tales of Xillia, used an older woman to voice a 19-year old girl.

I want dubs to succeed and there are so many great ones out there. I guess we'll have to wait until this is released to give further judgement.
According to the folks I talk to Twitter, they believe the person who was speaking in the trailer is Michelle Ruff, who is best known for her roles as Fujiko Mine from Lupin III, Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach, Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star, Anri Sonohara from Durarara!! Also, it's most likely that she's voice Manaka. Unless if NIS America were to release the dub cast for this series or find official confirmation from Michelle Ruff herself, I cannot say the voice acting from this trailer is definite or not (apparently, this was a surprise, because I was expecting Christine Marie Cabanos to voice Manaka). Sometimes, a company will use one voice actress for a trailer for one character, but decides to use a completely different voice actress when the official dub is released. For example, the voice actress for Tomoko Kuroki in the Watamote dub trailer was completely different from the official voice actress (Monica Rial).
Old 2015-04-28, 18:31   Link #3638
Dark Paladin X

Dub cast announced along with clips

Max Mittelman as Hikari Sakishima
Michelle Ruff as Manaka Mukaido
Bryce Papenbrook as Kaname Isaki
Brianna Knickerbocker as Chisaki Hiradaira
Chris Hackney as Tsumugu Kihara
Xanthe Huynh as Miuna Shiodome
Sarah Anne Williams as Sayu Hisanuma

A quick rundown for each of the voice actor (and linking their names to the respective BTVA page or ANN page)

Max Mittelman have recently established himself roughly about a year ago, but was mostly working on western animation and video game voice work prior to entering anime. He has worked on Transformers: Rescue Bots (Blurr) and Ultimate Spider-Man (Rhino), along with a few video games such as Sunset Overdrive. However, last year, he made his debut into anime voice acting as Sewashi (Soby) from Doraemon, and made further recognition with his role as Haruto Kurosawa from Coppelion. If you ask me, his vocal range is somewhat of a mix between Sam Riegel and Ben Diskin.

If you aren't familiar with Michelle Ruff, then you are missing out a lot. She's a veteran voice actress since 2000 and she's well known for her roles as Sinon from Sword Art Online, Rukia from Bleach, Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya, Anri Sonohara from Durarara, Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. Yoko Litner from Guren Lagann, and recently Luna from Sailor Moon. She also does a lot of video game voice work (mostly in niche jRPGs) such as Etna from the Disgaea series, Crimson Viper from Street Fighter series, Cream the Rabbit from the Sonic games, Carl Clover from Blazblue, and Yukari Takeba from Persona 4. And for the record, yes, she actually did some characters that are higher pitched and soft spoken before, but her vocal range is pretty versatile.

Bryce Papenbrook is known to voice many characters in anime and video games. More specifically, Masaomi Kida from Durarara, Kirito from Sword Art Online, Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan (his first Funimation role), Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist, Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa, Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening, Zidane from Dissidia Final Fantasy, and Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa II. And despite being well-known since 2011, he's actually a veteran voice actor who has done many voice acting projects since he was eight years old (put this into perspective, he's 29 years old). He's considered to be the "successor" to Yuri Lowenthal due to the similar typecast and vocal ranges. Mind you that he's a little polarizing ever since his role as Eren Yeager since he's been landing into many lead protagonist roles (especially characters that are prone to snap easily, which the casting here is surprising since I was expecting Bryce to voice Hikari instead).

Brianna Knickerbocker is a relatively new voice actress. She recently made her name this year with roles such as Itsuki Inubozaki from Yuki Yuna is a Hero and Akane Awakusu from Durarara x2.

Chris Hackney is also a newer voice actor. I cannot find his ANN or BTVA page, so I'm going to link to his Twitter account instead.

Sarah Williams had established her name since 2011. Some of her best roles include Jinx from League of Legends, Uni from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica, Yuniko Kozuki from Accel World, Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill, Lisbeth from Sword Art Online, and Peacock from Skullgirls.

Xanthe Huynh has been around in voice acting for a while, but some of her best roles included Ui Hirasawa from K-ON!, Yuki Yuna from Yuki Yuna is a Hero, Nagisa Momoe from
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie -Rebellion-, and Fuyumi Yanagi from Blood Lad.

And if you want my opinion on the dub, I would say that dub is solid, but one of my biggest criticisms is some of the characters sound a little bit too old (especially Tsumugu). However, I think my ears will adjust easily if I were to watch this dub in the later episodes (particularly in the case with Clannad dub). The only character I think that sound about right is Michelle Ruff's Manaka (which she manage to get her pitch right, In addition, her voice acting makes Manaka sound like she's about to cry since Manaka is known to cry a lot). That being said, keep in mind that this dub is most likely done by Bang Zoom! Entertainment. If anyone is highly familiar with Bang Zoom!, they are known to use newer name voice actors and cast them in lead roles. With the exception of Xanthe Huynh, Sarah Williams, Bryce Papenbrook, and Michelle Ruff, most of the voice actors in this dub are relatively new, so you guys should tone down some of the criticisms a bit.
Old 2015-07-09, 03:13   Link #3639
deadite

Miuna dub is great!
Old 2015-07-14, 12:35   Link #3640
Utsuro no Hako

ANN just posted a Q&A with Shinohara. Of particular note:

Quote:
During the initial stages of our planning, we were having trouble coming up with a major event to develop the series into two complete seasons. This was when Ms. Mari Okada, in charge of series composition, came up with an idea.

The initial idea was not five years, but for 15 years to pass. So Tsumugu would have been 30 years old.
Now that would've been something. As much as people love to slag on Okada, it sounds as though she wanted to take the show in a more interesting direction than what the production committee would allow.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen