AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-15, 22:53   Link #2961
ChampDream
Alive

just found out this have a 4-koma manga where each chapter is base of their corresponding episode, found it to be fun to read

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-02-16 at 00:02. Reason: Please don't hotlink to a manga aggregator site, upload the specific image to an image hosting site instead.
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 23:28   Link #2962
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
LMAO the 2chan responses to seeing Salia pop Ange with a tranquilizer:

Honestly?

Shinn in GSD may have had issues, but all he needed to do was put two and two about Kira and all his hatred vanished.

Salia on the other hand, makes Shinn look like a choir boy, by comparison! Holy crap, that girl has issues.
Wow.

I feel very normal now, LOL
Even though I am watching Cross Ange in first place.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 23:36   Link #2963
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Wow.

I feel very normal now, LOL
Even though I am watching Cross Ange in first place.
Eh? I happen to think Cross Ange is more Gundam than the kiddie Gundams that have been released lately.

Still...it can really do without all the gratuitousness.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 23:48   Link #2964
durack

Quote:
Eh? I happen to think Cross Ange is more Gundam than the kiddie Gundams that have been released lately.

Still...it can really do without all the gratuitousness.
I was referring to the lines quoted in this post.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2928
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 23:55   Link #2965
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Something about Ange declaring she'll kill Embryo over and over again until he dies lacked substance. She's been really flippant lately, and in the end, you wonder if she'll just give up on it in the next episode. She's been switching her story around lately. An episode before she doesn't want to destroy the world. This episode she proclaims to Embryo she wants to destroy the world. Previous episode she wants to have Cafe Ange. This episode it never gets mentioned. Previous episode she wants to go back to the Dragon world. This episode despite her freedom never seeming to be all that restricted, she doesn't try to escape, but instead wants to face Embryo. Really, Ange, what do you want to do? That's why I can't take her seriously in anything she says, especially that death threat, because in the very next episode it seems to change.
Yeah this too.

I means she has been flipping her stance a lot lately. It's like she just want to declare something cool in front of the camera, then just flip that depending on her action.
Old 2015-02-16, 01:08   Link #2966
wm4

They just failed as being grownups.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 03:35   Link #2967
zerozeronine

Kinda find the plot jumping over the place and I'm not sure if I'm liking the plot twist in this ep.But I still find it enjoyable and I don't find the fanservice distracting,as ever since ep 1 you know what you will get in that department
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 04:19   Link #2968
Arya

ehehe anouther great episode. Ange firing Embryo in the head so hastily was soo good. Sadly he didn't die.
I don't know how, but he has to die, painfully. No doubt.
Apart from the headshot, I lol'd when Ange, after the whole Salia explanation cut it short with her "too long" with that expression on her face

So apparently Tusk suddenly got another rival, the worst one.

About the PV could be interesting if the one in the outfit were Hilda as infiltrator. Tusk has no chances apparently, and given Embryo pervy attitude she could have a chance. Hilda maybe could rely on Ange's to resist to Embryo, as Ange luckily had Tusk. It's not exactly the same but it could work. She is a strong girl.

And after this episode I'm expecting Jill either to kill Embryo (or acting to make him weak) or siding with him in the final battle.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 04:47   Link #2969
Ryuga

I love the way Rosalie was all like "Yeah, we want more of the RosaxChris pairing", and Chris was like "....no, it's the ChrisxRosa pairing" and Rosa apologised. Even in the previews, Rosalie still gets pushed around.

Quote:
snip
Yeah, Jill is really messed up. Jill was a much better person before the failed Libertus and was a role model and kind of sister figure for Salia. Another issue is, Salia's too jealous of Ange to want to cooperate with her. The events of episode 13 effectively destroyed any hope of alliance. And yeah, Salia was cold to Vivian, though it was more out of embarassment and wanting to be seen as an effective leader. Just a supreme lack of confidence all round, plus stress.

Something I feel should be addressed more: Ange did have a privileged life. Though she was sent to Arzenal and has been through a ton of shit since then, she was living the best life possible, with all the opportunities one could have and was loved and adored. That's why for the most part, she has a lot of confidence and can resist what she's told. Salia didn't have that and has been raised to believe in her status as a Norma. She's also been raised as a soldier and taught to be obedient, but she's still a kid with emotional needs. So when someone's offering her a much needed confidence boost, she's gonna take it. Obviously, Salia's still in the wrong and I side more with Ange.

For the most part, I don't really find Ange's flips that inconsistent, it's just the writing makes it muddy and gives out multiple reasons when they only needed to give out one or two of the reasons they mentioned.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 05:48   Link #2970
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
They are used to the pains in their semi-fantastic world of hunting dragons and
getting everything they want, when they switched to Embryo they're just going
from a fantastic live to another, it's not something they don't used to, and it's not
called major changes in their lives. Not something of the greater world, it's just
an Arzenal operated by Embryo instead of Jill.
They went from hell that was Arzenal where they never could get everything they wanted without limiting themselves and had to risk their lives all the time to heaven that is Embryo's world.
That's quite the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
Some characters like Ange had experienced it, and have to swallow it, but the 3
characters hadn't, they're still living their childhood life. Not bad at all if they
don't hurt everybody else.
Ange(-lise)'s experience was just the reverse of theirs until she ended up in the DRAGON world and learned more than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Stone Ages? By 1962, the CIA was still planning carrying out terrorist attacks against their own citizens/ allies for their own goals. And we don't know how many similar incident was done by other Western counties or Soviet block during that period in name of revenge or personal motives.

Not to mention all of those massacres carrying out by Western nations or the Soviet block against their own troops or civilians in their controlled regions, either to deter population or retaliate against guerrilla forces (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia and so on...). Which lasted until late 1980s, early 1990
You are talking about what superpowers, inhuman entities based on human collectives, can get away with which is completely different from what a lower-ranked individual can get away with.
And yet even the former had at least to pretend their actions are justified by good and noble motives rather than justifying it with "might makes right".

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think you are just too idealistic to think it's abnormal for front-line soldiers/ officers to back-stab each other for their gain
Considering how much criticism and hostility even turncoats with good reasons like Embryo's angels face, I don't see what you are talking about.
Being a back-stabber is not legitimised by society, ergo it is not normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Them not hitting the Aurora was weird. Not really sure if they were trying to hit the Aurora or trying to contain it/using it as a distraction. Chris seemed annoyed at not being able to hit it though. However, Salia's a crackshot and her position back in Arzenal was to snipe things...well at least that's what her old Para-mail specs say.

Vivian's Para-mail wasn't moving in the water, she could've easily just gotten out and gotten on Tusk's ride. Ersha and Chris retreated and Salia was busy capturing Ange, so them escaping isn't really an inconsistency. What's weird is Ersha and Chris retreating, but Salia said it was a formation (don't really get it but hey). Either way, I'm not particularly fussed about that.
Ersha and Chris kept Ange from teleporting again by forcing her to stay and defend Aurora and the others.
Once Ange was sufficiently distracted and temporarily immobilized (she would not escape without her group), Salia quickly took her out before Ange could respond.
At least, that's my interpretation of Salia's plan to capture Ange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Her watching TV with Embryo was sweet in a twisted way.
Wasn't that Chris playing videogames? Ange Academy suggests it.

Quote:
Heck, in this episode, Ange said she liked Salia better in her Pretty Salia cosplay outfit, and Salia was still in megabitch mode.
That was meant as an insult by Ange. Of course, Salia would not like it.

Quote:
If Salia would switch sides to the DRAGONs, she'd find an entire civilization that loved her. But instead, nope, she just found another person who'll just use her every bit as callously as Jill would have.
How can you blame her for not taking advantage of an opportunity which does not exist for her as far as she knows?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 06:56   Link #2971
Ryuga

I say that's a good interpretation of what was going on with the Aurora and a good plan. Chris was probably annoyed because it submerged and they couldn't take advantage anymore. Salia wouldn't have mentioned her formation name if it wasn't planned, so yeah, that makes sense.

Looked to me like Chris was simply watching TV with Embryo like a kid but I'll take a look at it again later. Haven't read the latest chapter of Ange Academy yet (I love that manga btw) so I'm gonna hop to it.
Old 2015-02-16, 09:18   Link #2972
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Whoa, they stepped up to the plate with the fanservice this episode. Or maybe that's just me.

Now I'm curious as to what really happened between Embryo and Jill during Libertus 1. It might become a Chekhov's Gun near the end.
Old 2015-02-16, 09:48   Link #2973
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Whoa, they stepped up to the plate with the fanservice this episode. Or maybe that's just me.

Now I'm curious as to what really happened between Embryo and Jill during Libertus 1. It might become a Chekhov's Gun near the end.
I'm sure Embryo managed to nabbed Alektra midway into the operation and turn her into a slave for his cock! Also, I believe that Jill told Embryo about the operation, which is why Libertus failed in the first place.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 10:32   Link #2974
Ryuga

If Embryo managed to nab Jill and sleep with her during Libertus, that'd be some shit. I'd have to hand it to him for being extra scummy. I think it's something that's been going on before the operation.

I kinda wish they didn't make Embryo so sleazy, minus grooming Salia and co, that was done well IMO. His goals, while terrible and selfish, give him a bit of moral ambiguity in the sense that he's doing things to benefit his world. Needs of the many vs the few+paternalism sum him up. His stripping Ange and making Jill fall in love with him makes his villainy more clean cut. But at the same time, it does create the desired effect of making him very creepy.

Two things I forgot about: Emma getting rolled about on the ship with bottles around her was funny as hell. Ange mocking Salia's outfit and saying she looks better in her Pretty Salian outfit was equally funny and partly ironic for me, since I think those black uniforms look boss. Also, I want to feel sympathy for Sylvia, but she's making it difficult.
Old 2015-02-16, 13:02   Link #2975
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I actually think Ange just upped the game. So far no one has ever been able to break free on Embryo's power, hes obtained everything hes ever wanted. Whats the worst part of being immortal. If i had to guess its being bored. I think Embryo is either looking for another person to become the Tuner of time or hes looking for a challenge something to bring him some type of excitement. When Ange broke his mind control he said "i might have been born just to meet you" I think he was waiting for someone like Ange, someone so defiant that she could even resist him.

Or Ange just made him fall in love with her by being well... by being Ange. He could be lonely and horny lol. But he did bow to her on one knee. He might be a more complicated character than i originally thought.

Also damn i feel sorry for Riza. Someone free her or just put her out of her misery.
Old 2015-02-16, 15:25   Link #2976
QSTraderDG86

Ange probably would have freed Riza, had Embryo not intervened. I mean she saw what her sister was doing, and them Embryo's like "okay quiet down, Ange, you're coming with me". That said, I don't think Ange is going to be particularly warm to Riza, either, if Riza had any involvement with the death of Ange's parents. I mean why should she be expected to get over having her wonderful way of life shattered, and her beautiful mommy murdered in front of her eyes?

I fully expect Riza to bite it before the end of the series for that involvement (redemption equals death and all), but Ange's sister also deserves comeuppance, the question being how much is correct for a little girl. I mean if a youngster is despicable enough, sometimes the only solution is some poisoned wine, but I don't think Sylvia's reached Joffrey levels of despicable quite yet.
Old 2015-02-16, 16:52   Link #2977
Ryuga

Sylvia's a complete mess and her resentment at her predicament (the horse accident) and the loss of her family's twisted her. And to be fair, Riza's no saint. But at the same time, Sylvia's pretty vile and vents all her rage and grief on "acceptable" targets. Despite all that...I dunno, I think she and a good amount of people in this series need to see a therapist or something, they've got huge issues. Would've included Julio too, but he's got a bad case of death haha.
Old 2015-02-16, 18:36   Link #2978
QSTraderDG86

Come to think of it...

Why hasn't Embryo healed Sylvia? If he wanted to win Ange's loyalty, you'd think he'd do something nice for her instead of try to hypnotize her, such as oh, healing her little sister's legs?

As for people who need a therapist, that list seems to be limited to Chris (somewhat), Sylvia/Jill/Salia (mental trainwreck), in that order. Ersha and Salako seem to be a bit wide-eyed about things, but overall, are fairly composed.
Old 2015-02-16, 20:37   Link #2979
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Come to think of it...

Why hasn't Embryo healed Sylvia? If he wanted to win Ange's loyalty, you'd think he'd do something nice for her instead of try to hypnotize her, such as oh, healing her little sister's legs?

As for people who need a therapist, that list seems to be limited to Chris (somewhat), Sylvia/Jill/Salia (mental trainwreck), in that order. Ersha and Salako seem to be a bit wide-eyed about things, but overall, are fairly composed.
Or revive her parents...

I doubt they will ever address it through. They already went real far to make Embryo seemed to be like an asshole despite apparently he has no reason to do such things (give order to attack Arzenal, seduce or brain washed jill/Ange)
Old 2015-02-16, 22:02   Link #2980
Magewolf

Quote:
Come to think of it...

Because he is can not. I think all he can do is cast illusions, brainwash people, and control machines. To really change the world he needs the Ragna mail. And he might not even be able to that to Tusk since he is not one of his offspring.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance