AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-13, 08:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka LN - Prologue of Disturbance (Volumes 21 & 22) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka [LN/M], Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21)) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 08:43   Link #2
LKK

The Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) thread is now open. Feel free to post your speculations for what might happen in this book. However, please keep your speculations regarding possible events to those that have a real possibility of happening in the upcoming volume. (No "30 years from now ..." posts, for example. ) Speculations that go beyond the scope of this arc still belong in the Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume thread.

As volume 21 spoilers drift out, they should be posted here.

Volume 21 is expected to release in Japan on February 2017. The poll will open some time after the novel's release.

Finally, remember that the Mahouka novel series has been licensed. As such, you can discuss the contents of the story. Limited summaries are permitted. Limited translations are permitted when they are used to support a discussion point. But you cannot ask for where to illegally find or read the novels or share such information. Not in raw form. Not in translated form.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 21:07   Link #3
Medivh

Cover of v21
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 13:32   Link #4
azarhal

Volume 21 cover the start of the 3rd years for the "gang". It also introduce a new 1st year at First High: Shiina Mitsuya. She's from the 3rd Institute (which is still in function) and her family has a seat on the 10MC as well have been international arm dealers. The Mitsuya do not oversee a region* and lives in Atsugi where the 3rd Institute is.

The Amazon.jp page for the novel also mentions she is someone childhood friend, but not who's.

*I'm guessing the area is oversee by the Chiba/Yoshida. The Yoshida lives in Isehara which "sandwich" Atsugi with Yokohama where the Chiba lives.

Other happening in this volume: Katsuto sent a formal invitation to the 28 families younger generation to have a meeting on how to deal with public perception of magicians now that things are escalating worldwide.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 00:29   Link #5
Blakegriffin89

Did it say that Katsuto sent an invitation to just the younger members of the 28 families or the "numbers" families?? I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't just the younger members of the 28 families, but the lesser "numbers" families too. I might have misunderstood or remembered wrong, but I thought it was some or most of the "numbers" not just the 28 families. Like Chyoda, Watanabe, Chiba, Yoshida, and so on.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 08:33   Link #6
azarhal

The page on dengeki says an invitation for the younger generation of the 10MC and 18 assistant houses.
Old 2017-01-15, 10:44   Link #7
AB079
Banned

I don't know if the cover was made by a different illustrator or is just trying to reflect how Tats and Miyuki grew up, the art is somehow different.

Basically this volume is the beginning of political issues it seems, considering Katsuto's invitation. On the other hand is good to see new characters and the life of the group in their third year.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 13:04   Link #8
mashingan
魔神眼

I thought the preview already came out but it turned out only the synopsis.

Very likely minimal to no fighting (magic battles) scenes in this volume.

Considering the volume, it would like vol 17, but vol 17 kinda interesting because the reactions of Tatsuya's colleagues after that Yotsuba new year news. (Epilogue of vol 16)

But this volume 21 would be entirely in politics I guess because the end of volume 19 was kinda bland furthermore vol 20's story was isolated in artificial island.

Oh, the most interesting part in vol 20 was in epilogue but it was kinda disconnected with this so called "Disturbance" or no connection whatsoever.

So another boring volume? hopefully not
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 21:05   Link #9
bakato

Sounds like it. Damn. Things really went downhill once college was introduced. I guess high school really is the most exciting period of our lives. Long live high school series!
Old 2017-02-02, 04:50   Link #10
Aika Natsume

this will be the first meet up of all numbered childrens right? Then its Miyuki and Tatsuya's folirst event as Yotsuba after being introduced.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 06:06   Link #11
Medivh

Only 10mc children are appearing. If you consider v20 party as an event, then no.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 23:27   Link #12
Userunfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Other happening in this volume: Katsuto sent a formal invitation to the 28 families younger generation to have a meeting on how to deal with public perception of magicians now that things are escalating worldwide.
hopefully this will mean...

Tatsuya reveals prototype Stellar Furnace to provide endless power to the world and significant boost to japanese economy at conference. This shows magic can seriously improve world economy, as electricity would no longer cost more when sun goes down. Factories can run at night. This would hopefully counteract the bad feeling tword magicians. They don't have to worry about the rogue strategic class because international magic society has assembled a penal unit to hunt him down.

Mayumi: Tatsuya-kun! Where...where...how...how...how did you build this?

Tatsuya: I'm Taurus Silver.

Mayumi: Ehh!
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 00:44   Link #13
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userunfriendly View Post

Mayumi: *moaning in pleasure*

Fixed for ya.

Jokes aside, I really want to see new developments around Tatsuya and Miyuki, not in terms of political issues because we know that is dependant of the entire 10MC and the other families + international situation, I want to see if Tatsuya can recover something from his "humanity" that was lost when he was a kid. Maybe finally having some reaction to Miyuki or at least feeling something more than just their usual relationship.

On the other hand something is telling me a huge backlash is going to hit the Yotsuba's again considering right now they are the strongest clan. Hopefully we can see more of out lovely goddess Maya.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 23:39   Link #14
Userunfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userunfriendly View Post
hopefully this will mean...

Tatsuya reveals prototype Stellar Furnace to provide endless power to the world and significant boost to japanese economy at conference. This shows magic can seriously improve world economy, as electricity would no longer cost more when sun goes down. Factories can run at night. This would hopefully counteract the bad feeling tword magicians. They don't have to worry about the rogue strategic class because international magic society has assembled a penal unit to hunt him down.

A-chan: SILVER-SAMA! SSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQUEEEE!!!!!!!!

Rin-Chan: Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Mari: DON'T YOU DARE MAYUMI!

Mayumi: Sorry...squeeeeeeeeee!

Jumonji: (facepalm) are all the women here obsessed fangirls?!
refixed.

i believe it is Canon that Tatsuya can never get what he's lost back. its MISSING per his talk with honoka.
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 08:41   Link #15
amtro
Distro

Preview is out
Old 2017-02-06, 10:08   Link #16
bakato

And not a single goddamn illustration. Spoilers?
Old 2017-02-06, 13:39   Link #17
mashingan
魔神眼

No illustration, only 1/5 about Mitsuya Shiina, 4/5 about current upheaval because of the news

Spoiler below didn't include the timing and date, because *laziness*
Spoiler for preview vol 21:

I'm not sure why the name is MacLeod, I always thought it's McRoad
There are other details but if it's not about Tatsuya, I'm too lazy to read it
Old 2017-02-06, 13:48   Link #18
azarhal

MacLeod is a real surname, McRoad isn't.
Old 2017-02-06, 18:34   Link #19
mashingan
魔神眼

Oh, I see, thanks.
Naming using Katakana somehow confusing. (Maybe just because I'm not that experienced with Japanese).

Spoiler for another strategic class magics:
Old 2017-02-06, 20:25   Link #20
azarhal

Thunderclap Tower (that's how the wiki people translated it).