AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 12:39   Link #5421
<KS11>

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
My translator has the entire prologue done, and probably about... close to half of the first chapter done. She's up to page 40 of 254. ^^

I'll have those scans I promised hopefully at some point this week. I got my books on Wednesday, but I haven't been able to scan them in or start transcription/transliteration yet. Sorry I've been silent, haven't been at my computer much the past week or so, just checking in at random but not much talking.

When there's something up for you guys, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Alright! We're waiting for you!! Thanks!
<KS11> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:17   Link #5422
sirfkartik

Thanks a lot!!! I can't wait to read the 11th book!
sirfkartik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 21:12   Link #5423
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

In other news!...

We got some great clips of FMP in Another Century Episode : R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq4fHZI2wlY

ENJOY!

Bontakun..confirmed and seen.

Shown for 4 seconds here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFz2...eature=related

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-08-04 at 21:40.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 10:13   Link #5424
tommole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.andi View Post
There was picture where ARX-8 holds boxers in both hands. How should it be reloaded?

ARX-8 has 4 arms, 2 of them hidden away as spare, i think i remember reading it in which ever one it was where he got first introduced to his new machine

EDIT:
forgot to say good luck and thanks for translating the new novel for us, cant wait to read it

Last edited by tommole; 2010-08-06 at 11:04.
tommole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 13:34   Link #5425
Alchemist007
*Author

Cool, only 1 more left. It does remind me of Return of the Jedi
Old 2010-08-06, 23:43   Link #5426
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Long time since posting, but can't wait for the translations, been trying to hold off reading spoilers.

Great that it's being translated, thanks for this Feisty and your translator.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:47   Link #5427
Leksya

Wink

http://shutazen.livejournal.com/
Leksya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:59   Link #5428
<KS11>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leksya View Post
? Nothing new. -.-"
<KS11> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 18:48   Link #5429
mikhail21

Quote:
Originally Posted by <KS11> View Post
? Nothing new. -.-"

Well, shutazen's done a great job in translating FMP and I'm sure it's not easy when it comes to translating jap-eng or vice versa. Let's give it some time ^__^
mikhail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 02:39   Link #5430
FMPfan
MadAboutFMP

Hi everyone I´ve been off this boards for months :P. I´ve read all the novels till CMMD because I liked the way it ended. And now that the end is near I decided to read shutazen´s ANOT (actually I finished reading ir minutes ago :P). And also Hunterseeker´s notes for ASM1 (thanks a lot!! ).

I´ve been always longing for a happy ending, but i don´t see it happening =(. Also the romance thing between Leonard and Kaname really disgust me. I´m a bit sad and dissapointed for the path the story took =/ (I really really want a happy ending :P)... but I guess we´ll have to wait a few weeks and see how things turn out.

edit: excuse my english!
FMPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 20:16   Link #5431
psicomenace

Still i hope a good/happy end.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 23:12   Link #5432
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Hey everyone ! I'm a super newbie to this series thus far (only watched 26 episodes of FMP) so could you people answers some of my questions. ^^

- Is FMP (or any related series) still airing ?
- Is the Manga still around ?
- Whats the word on the series (is it dead or still around) ?
- What sort of fan-base does this Manga have (any active forums/sites) ?
- Does Kaname ever stop bashing Sousuke like a crazy retard !?
- Do Tessa & Sousuke have anything going yet ?!

Rite ! That'll do for now.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 11:34   Link #5433
tommole

i reckon in the final book theyll succesfully change time so that theirs no such thing as the black technology, and tessa and sousoke will end up together, just a idea

having said that their woudnt be aby mithril so maybe not =s

Last edited by tommole; 2010-08-09 at 11:46.
Old 2010-08-09, 11:54   Link #5434
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Hey everyone ! I'm a super newbie to this series thus far (only watched 26 episodes of FMP) so could you people answers some of my questions. ^^

Okay, I'll get you up to date (as much as I've picked up; if I get anything wrong, please correct me fellow board posters).

1. No, there is currently no FMP anime airing. There have been 3 series made to date: a) Full Metal Panic!, b) Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!, c) Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

2. FMP is not based on a manga, it is based on a series of novels by Shoji Gatou. There is a FMP manga titled Full Metal Panic! Sigma which is based on the original novels, just as the anime are. Sigma has followed the novels past where the anime have reached in the novels' storyline. However, it can get confusing trying to keep all the printed FMP titles straight because there are also comic side stories penned by original creator Gatou and comic manga unrelated to Sigma that are also out there.

3. The penultimate novel telling the main, dramatic storyline has just been published. The final novel in the series will be published shortly. The Sigma manga illustrating the events in these last two novels will likely drop soon after. Regarding anime, there have been rumors about a new series being produced since The Second Raid was released, but nothing has ever come of it (I mean, these rumors have been going on for about 5 years, so don't get your hopes up.) Ridiculously, there has also been talk in Hollywood about an Americanized movie being produced (think Dragonball: Evolution and Speed Racer, and shudder) starring Zach Efron.

4. I can't answer about the manga. I pretty much follow new word with the novels and anime on this thread alone.

5. Are you kidding? Any anime fan of any tsundere character knows the answer to that question.

Spoiler:
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:38   Link #5435
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar67 View Post
Okay, I'll get you up to date (as much as I've picked up; if I get anything wrong, please correct me fellow board posters).

1. No, there is currently no FMP anime airing. There have been 3 series made to date: a) Full Metal Panic!, b) Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!, c) Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

2. FMP is not based on a manga, it is based on a series of novels by Shoji Gatou. There is a FMP manga titled Full Metal Panic! Sigma which is based on the original novels, just as the anime are. Sigma has followed the novels past where the anime have reached in the novels' storyline. However, it can get confusing trying to keep all the printed FMP titles straight because there are also comic side stories penned by original creator Gatou and comic manga unrelated to Sigma that are also out there.

3. The penultimate novel telling the main, dramatic storyline has just been published. The final novel in the series will be published shortly. The Sigma manga illustrating the events in these last two novels will likely drop soon after. Regarding anime, there have been rumors about a new series being produced since The Second Raid was released, but nothing has ever come of it (I mean, these rumors have been going on for about 5 years, so don't get your hopes up.) Ridiculously, there has also been talk in Hollywood about an Americanized movie being produced (think Dragonball: Evolution and Speed Racer, and shudder) starring Zach Efron.

4. I can't answer about the manga. I pretty much follow new word with the novels and anime on this thread alone.

5. Are you kidding? Any anime fan of any tsundere character knows the answer to that question.

Spoiler:
The Zac Elfron rumor was debunked all over the internet and I think in the last anime magazine I read in April at Barnes and Noble. It's DEBUNKED there is no Zac.

Thank you.
Please see images.

BTW...

Anyone know what this say?

ところで16日のプロモ発表てなんですかなんなんですか
 アニメですかそれとも映g

it says something about...an anime promo? o__o i think? on the 16th?

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-08-09 at 20:51.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:58   Link #5436
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post

1- As of right now there's nothing new airing, but there's plenty of material for them to make new anime of.

2- The original manga, done by Retsu Tateo, is complete. It covers the first three novels, which is also covered by the first season of the anime. It also has a few short stories from the novels, and quite a few short stories original to her version of the manga (many of which we find later on can't actually happen, but meh, they're cute XD)

FMP Overload (Ikinari! FMP) is all original comedy short stories. It's all right.

FMP Sigma is the newest manga and it is still running. It covers from the 4th book on, as well as tackling a few of the side stories, and does not have original content (although it takes a few liberties with the existing content). It originally skipped the 6th novel (Odoru/Dancing Very Merry Christmas), but recently Hiroshi Ueda, the artist for Sigma, has been covering this story. The newest, and final, novels are not yet covered.

3- It's not dead. There's still a fandom, and there's still new material. The absolute final novel releases in just under 2 weeks, and we'll finally see the end of the series. It's so exciting, but also so sad...

4- Jindai-High is an active FMP fan forum, full of lots of awesome people.

5- ...The Kaname-hate needs to stop. She's a tsundere, for one, so the beatings are rather mandatory, but unlike MOST tsundere characters, SHE actually has reasons for behaving the way she does. It's a strong cover she puts up to protect herself, because she's been hurt in the past and she's afraid of getting close to anyone again (The death of her mother). The fact that she cares about Sousuke scares the hell out of her.

Not only that, but it's also about the only thing Sousuke responds to. He's an idiot. We love him for it, but it's true. And he has his reasons for being an idiot, and she knows them, and she TRIES to reason with him, but it doesn't work. ...And with his blunders, a quick end to what he's doing is rather necessary, then an explanation. HE doesn't mind, so why should we?

(Also, cultural differences. I don't know ANY Asian-American, my husband included, who doesn't have stories about their parents constantly beating them over the head when they were a kid. It's strange to US, 'cause we look at it quite differently, but to them, it's a bit more normal. *shrug*)

6- No. Never. Not happening. That would be terrible. Dear god. Please. No. Nuh-uh. No way. Not only do I have an aversion to that pairing, but so does Sousuke himself. He would have an aneurysm and DIE. The stress would kill him. Seriously. He tells her he doesn't like her that way, and where we stand in the novels, she's more than realized she doesn't love him like she thought she did. She was just enjoying the opportunity to act like a 16 year old. That was it. That, and he had some mild personality resemblance to an old flame of hers. That resemblance went as far as "quiet and polite" however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
ところで16日のプロモ発表てなんですかなんなんですか
 アニメですかそれとも映g
Where's it from? Context helps loads, hahah ^^ Link please?
Old 2010-08-09, 21:58   Link #5437
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The Japanese text mentions on some kind of anime promo on the 16th. Where was that text taken from?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:00   Link #5438
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
1- As of right now there's nothing new airing, but there's plenty of material for them to make new anime of.

2- The original manga, done by Retsu Tateo, is complete. It covers the first three novels, which is also covered by the first season of the anime. It also has a few short stories from the novels, and quite a few short stories original to her version of the manga (many of which we find later on can't actually happen, but meh, they're cute XD)

FMP Overload (Ikinari! FMP) is all original comedy short stories. It's all right.

FMP Sigma is the newest manga and it is still running. It covers from the 4th book on, as well as tackling a few of the side stories, and does not have original content (although it takes a few liberties with the existing content). It originally skipped the 6th novel (Odoru/Dancing Very Merry Christmas), but recently Hiroshi Ueda, the artist for Sigma, has been covering this story. The newest, and final, novels are not yet covered.

3- It's not dead. There's still a fandom, and there's still new material. The absolute final novel releases in just under 2 weeks, and we'll finally see the end of the series. It's so exciting, but also so sad...

4- Jindai-High is an active FMP fan forum, full of lots of awesome people.

5- ...The Kaname-hate needs to stop. She's a tsundere, for one, so the beatings are rather mandatory, but unlike MOST tsundere characters, SHE actually has reasons for behaving the way she does. It's a strong cover she puts up to protect herself, because she's been hurt in the past and she's afraid of getting close to anyone again (The death of her mother). The fact that she cares about Sousuke scares the hell out of her.

Not only that, but it's also about the only thing Sousuke responds to. He's an idiot. We love him for it, but it's true. And he has his reasons for being an idiot, and she knows them, and she TRIES to reason with him, but it doesn't work. ...And with his blunders, a quick end to what he's doing is rather necessary, then an explanation. HE doesn't mind, so why should we?

(Also, cultural differences. I don't know ANY Asian-American, my husband included, who doesn't have stories about their parents constantly beating them over the head when they were a kid. It's strange to US, 'cause we look at it quite differently, but to them, it's a bit more normal. *shrug*)

6- No. Never. Not happening. That would be terrible. Dear god. Please. No. Nuh-uh. No way. Not only do I have an aversion to that pairing, but so does Sousuke himself. He would have an aneurysm and DIE. The stress would kill him. Seriously. He tells her he doesn't like her that way, and where we stand in the novels, she's more than realized she doesn't love him like she thought she did. She was just enjoying the opportunity to act like a 16 year old. That was it. That, and he had some mild personality resemblance to an old flame of hers. That resemblance went as far as "quiet and polite" however.

Where's it from? Context helps loads, hahah ^^ Link please?
http://berry.cryberry.com/

By the way QS_Bilal, your gonna have to read the books like the rest of us. It's kinda hard to explain over 12 years of books if your still in the 'is tessaxsousuke possible?!" your obiviously REALLY behind in the events of FMP.

Sousuke has confessed he really likes Kaname, not Tessa (which she cryed her heart out about) during Dancing Merry Christmas book. and later tells Kaname his true feelings...with tears, fire, and of course..panic...in book TMMD...go read it..
Old 2010-08-10, 00:32   Link #5439
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Fucking. Good. News.
The local translator has completed part of the translations (half of the First Chapter), and I'll start the spoil rightaway.
Though I have to fight the tempt to melt into just-brought StarCraft2......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:00   Link #5440
tommole

When you say spoil do you mean exactly word for word what has been translated or just an overview/summary of what the first chapter is about?

also thanks in advance =)

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen