AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-01, 09:44   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 645 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Wow, early spoilers! Well, this was unexpected. Anyways, credit goes to the usual guys for this brief summary (well, it was actually T's wife who provided spoilers this time around, rather than the guy himself ):

-During his fight with Hody, Luffy finally decides to destroy the Noah. Meanwhile, Chopper transforms into his old Chopzilla mode. While at first he seems to be going berserk..... he actually reveals that he has full control of his Awakened form! The army of fish-pirates then abandon their commanders, finally realizing that they're fighting a long-lost battle. It seems the battles will soon come to an end.....

-It seems that Luffy finally finishes Hody off. He uses Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gatling on fish-captain, which destroys both him and the Noah in one fell swoop....

So, looks like destroying Noah was how Luffy responded to Bro-Hoshi's "return to zero" speech after all. However, I still somewhat doubt that Hody's actually been finished off, despite getting caught in such an epic attack (especially since the other commanders still haven't lost yet). Maybe he'll temporarily lose consciousness or something for a couple chapters and make his last stand after the rest of the fights are over, or something.....

Also, it's cool to finally learn that Chopper finally managed to control his awakened form! Really makes me look forward to seeing some awakened enemies in future arcs. Still, as sweet as the spoiler sounds, it unfortunately came along with some bad news:

Note: There will be no OP chapter next week as the series will be on a break. I repeat: The series will be on break next week, so don't expect to see a new thread until around the 15th.
Old 2011-11-01, 09:50   Link #2
noktown

I don't understand what's the point of Hody staying up ?Yeah so the pills gave him an endurance boost,now what ?He still keeps getting punched around like a punching bag by every straw-hat member.

Chopper's control over his monster form doesn't really surprise me,although nice to see it confirmed.
Old 2011-11-01, 10:02   Link #3
Homura7

For the next chapter I can see an awesome double spread featuring the strawhats defeating their opponents at the same time

So I guess what will destroy Fishman Island in the end will be the debris of the Noah, scattering and falling all over the place.

This or Shirahoshi finally snaps and summnons the sea kings. I go with the later, because it's fairly important for her character development.
Old 2011-11-01, 10:16   Link #4
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Man, Chopper in his awakened form is just a BEAST! I remember being amazed at how easily he crushed Kumadori at Enies Lobby, after losing every fight in his controlled forms. I wonder why he decided to transform now - finishing everything in one move, as well?
Old 2011-11-01, 10:20   Link #5
james0246

Further spoilers indicate that Hyouzou is a giant pussy not a kickass swordscreature.

Additionally, Brook totally owns this chapter.
Old 2011-11-01, 10:22   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't get why you guys want Hody to stay in the game so much just because the other NFP guys are still fighting. So what? Just because it happened before, does it mean it HAS to happen now too? Are you telling me Oda can't change things up a bit?
Besides Hody isn't even a threat compared to all of the other arc villains like Lucci, Enel and Moria. Those guys had to be taken out by Luffy since no others could handle them but Hody could be taken out by most of the Strawhats as it seems. So...so what if Hody is taken out first or last?

Also...great, I was wondering why Oda was taking so long for yet another break...>_>
Old 2011-11-01, 10:23   Link #7
Homura7

If this was PTS Zoro, Hyouzou probably would have been Kaku threat level. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Also...great, I was wondering why Oda was taking so long for yet another break...>_>
You know it's Jump who forces him to take breaks? Besides, his last one was uncalled for.
Old 2011-11-01, 10:40   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Further spoilers indicate that Hyouzou is a giant pussy not a kickass swordscreature.

All we got was him saying he lost his swords. How do we know he isn't trying to trick Zoro with some poisonous blade concealed in his body? I mean, he wasn't exactly shown to be the honorable type of fighter (nor any of the arc bosses, for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, Brook totally owns this chapter.

Very much agreed. In fact, Brooke owned all throughout this arc, period. I also love that little gag where the merfolk were unsure if he was even human.

Still, I wonder what the point of Noah was if it was going to be destroyed in the end? And I guess the possibility of Caribou being the final enemy is more likely than expected, after all.....

Oh, and if anyone hasn't done so yet, check out the SBS thread! There's a neat little surprise waiting there!
Old 2011-11-01, 10:53   Link #9
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

didn't chopper say he could control all of his forms except for one without using the rumble ball? if he can now control the giant monster form then what form is it that he can't?
Old 2011-11-01, 11:02   Link #10
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
didn't chopper say he could control all of his forms except for one without using the rumble ball? if he can now control the giant monster form then what form is it that he can't?
He said he just needs one rumble ball for only one of his 7 forms. He can switch to the other 6 freely without rumble ball.
Old 2011-11-01, 14:55   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

As expected, monster form is under control. I wonder how he practiced in that form in that tiny island. Probably by receiving some help from the giant birds.

Now, if we can see a bit more exciting changes from Sanji and Zoro...it would be much more enjoyable. But, probably that won't happen soon enough, since it looks like Luffy will wrap this up within the next few chapters.
Old 2011-11-01, 16:57   Link #12
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Chopper gaining control was a given. But the fact that the octo-swordsman is a pussy was a real let down. I remember in the earlier comments when he said that he was actually hired and not apart of the crew. If I remember correctly, he also said that he was stronger then Hody.
I'm sure it's known that if Luffy was on dry ground, he would of beaten Hody Jones looooooooooooooong ago. I think that was proven when Luffy knocked him away so easily with that knee to the chest at the very beginning of the fight.
Oda really knows how to draw things out.
Old 2011-11-01, 22:09   Link #13
Rainbowman

Does anyone know this week's cover story? All in all, the chapter was good. Chopper managed to control his "awakened" form very well. And Luffy finished Hody off along with the Noah. I'd say One Piece deserved that break for next week after this triumphant victory. Though I wonder how and when Fishman Island is going to be destroyed after all this. I also wonder if everyone at Fishman Island knows about Caribou and wether or not he decides to sell the captured mermaids to the World Nobles at Mariejoie.
Old 2011-11-01, 23:27   Link #14
SMASHERJACKSON

this whole arc has been drawn out far longer then i would have liked, glad to see it coming to an end [seemingly], and as sum1 else said i too would have liked to see a more impressive upgrade from sanji and zoro.

Cant wait for the actual New World adventure to begin!
Old 2011-11-02, 06:35   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

nice speech, brook! and that's a badass power, chopper

well, hody is defeated easily... and I still hope we can get more intense battle in upcoming chapter...
I'm sure Noah will be destroyed by combination of whole Strawhat Pirates power... not only Luffy
Old 2011-11-02, 07:25   Link #16
Homura7

Hyozou about to use his poison!
Old 2011-11-02, 09:03   Link #17
Butagami

And Oda delivers yet again! I loved the statue of Usopp on the cover. Chopper controlling Monster point. people doubting Brook is human. The whole chapter simply ruled.

Seems like Sanji and Jimbe will use Wadatsumi to take care of Noah, as Luffy does not seem to be able to break it down.
And while I was wrong in saying that Luffy's red hawk would end Hody, he did go down this chapter, so all's well that ends well I guess...
Old 2011-11-02, 09:45   Link #18
Homura7

Seems Luffy will require urgent blood transfusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Seems like Sanji and Jimbe will use Wadatsumi to take care of Noah, as Luffy does not seem to be able to break it down..
What? No, you're misunderstading. Sanji is just being his usual intelligent self and forces Wadatsumi to swell up so Jinbe can then prick him like a ballon and end the fight. The Noah can't fall on him because first it would have to go through the bubble, and if the bubble is pierced, then it's all over.
Old 2011-11-02, 09:46   Link #19
marvelB

Heh, looks like I was right on the money with my last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
All we got was him saying he lost his swords. How do we know he isn't trying to trick Zoro with some poisonous blade concealed in his body?
Well, he didn't show any new swords, but we DO see poison.

That last attack from Hody was actually pretty cool, IMO. Too bad it still meant nothing against Luffy, though. Still, after reading the chapter, I'm still convinced that Hody still hasn't gone down yet (he stuffed himself with even MORE steroids right before his shark missile attack..... maybe he'll undergo one last transformation before he's finally taken out once and for all.....

BTW, I think I spotted a translation mistake already: Luffy saying that he's "a million times stronger" than Hody is a lot different from what I saw in aohige's translation of the spoiler script:

Quote:
Luffy: Your toughness is equal to over-100 milllion berry heads...

In other words, I think it's more accurate to think that he was actually comparing Jones to supernova-level pirates, rather than bragging about being stronger than him. Oh, and Brooke owned this chapter. Just needed to point that out again.

The ministory is also amusing, as well (so even the Skypieans realize Usopp's awesomeness now, do they....? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
this whole arc has been drawn out far longer then i would have liked,

Considering that merman island was a place that had literally over a decade of build-up, I'd have been very surprised if this storyline lasted less than a year (and I certainly didn't see it ending in a mere 10 chapters, as a certain mod seemed to believe back when this arc started...... ).
Old 2011-11-02, 09:56   Link #20
Homura7

Next chapter expect one awesome double-spread featuring the strawhats ending their fights with fashion
Closed Thread