AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 08:35   Link #2081
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Gai is seen as the fearless leader with no regrets to what he does. He is cold hearted to Shu, and even warns members of his own team about being kicked out of the group (Ayase). He's quite emotionless, the only thing i've seen from him was a smile, which means he's no doubt hiding his kindness so that he doesn't show any weakness when it comes to his friends/team.

It's like he's the perfect person that knows what to do, so it would be understandable if he is the first major character to be killed, since everyone at Funeral Parlor would think the exact opposite and that he wouldn't be killed since he's so perfect.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 08:59   Link #2082
ookamigirl

Sho training hard, but seems like a lost cause.
Guess, he wasn't really made to be an Undertaker.
Inori & Sho, but he's out of luck there.
The mock battle was intense, great thinking on his part!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 09:24   Link #2083
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post

Guilty Crown Lost Xmas
Spoiler for :

do want
No, it's a prequel to the original anime and I think Inori is her clone.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:12   Link #2084
pinoscotto

preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSVZ4ldgKLM
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:27   Link #2085
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Gai is seen as the fearless leader with no regrets to what he does. He is cold hearted to Shu, and even warns members of his own team about being kicked out of the group (Ayase). He's quite emotionless, the only thing i've seen from him was a smile, which means he's no doubt hiding his kindness so that he doesn't show any weakness when it comes to his friends/team.

It's like he's the perfect person that knows what to do, so it would be understandable if he is the first major character to be killed, since everyone at Funeral Parlor would think the exact opposite and that he wouldn't be killed since he's so perfect.
People can smile for more reasons than kindness. He could also just be very good at manipulating people. No one wants a leader who needs blood transfusions every 3 months to survive. If they knew this, he'd be kicked out of that position.
Old 2011-11-13, 10:31   Link #2086
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What about Osama bin Laden and his renal impairment? (wait did he actually have kidney disease?)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:34   Link #2087
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What about Osama bin Laden and his renal impairment?
Was he on dialysis? Renal impairment includes a vast spectrum of medical care ranging from do nothing to dialysis and transplant candidate. Gai is close to dialysis level care for whatever he has.
Old 2011-11-13, 10:40   Link #2088
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
People can smile for more reasons than kindness. He could also just be very good at manipulating people. No one wants a leader who needs blood transfusions every 3 months to survive. If they knew this, he'd be kicked out of that position.

I don't think they would kick Gai out if they found out about his condition, it's not like there's a long list of brilliant blond haired blue eyes charismatic genius leaders to take his place.

But they will start to lose morale if they think he's more venerable than they thought.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:47   Link #2089
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowel View Post
Bottom line it is actually cheating, since what should be tested is Shu's ability unrelated to Void maybe, but still it's not that bad IMO. XD
It wasn't cheating. It was a human vs a mecha battle. He had to use his ability. Besides his ability is a part of him like an extra sensitive nose to scents is for Gon in Hunter x Hunter.

I do agree that he prob shouldn't rely on it as he's fighting adults the majority of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think they would kick Gai out if they found out about his condition, it's not like there's a long list of brilliant blond haired blue eyes charismatic genius leaders to take his place.

But they will start to lose morale if they think he's more venerable than they thought.
There's always someone willing to knock No. 1 down. So he prob has a second in command that's not introduced yet.

If they knew that their leader was dependent on blood transfusion from Inori and no one else could substitute, then it's a very good reason to kick him out. He's a liability. Plus he can't be trusted since he put that secret above their cause.
Old 2011-11-13, 11:07   Link #2090
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It wasn't cheating. It was a human vs a mecha battle. He had to use his ability. Besides his ability is a part of him like an extra sensitive nose to scents is for Gon in Hunter x Hunter.

I do agree that he prob shouldn't rely on it as he's fighting adults the majority of the time.

There's always someone willing to knock No. 1 down. So he prob has a second in command that's not introduced yet.

If they knew that their leader was dependent on blood transfusion from Inori and no one else could substitute, then it's a very good reason to kick him out. He's a liability. Plus he can't be trusted since he put that secret above their cause.
Gotta agree. I don't know a lot about Gai when it comes to friends, but from what I've seen, if anyone were to find out about his condition, he really would only have Ayase and Inori to defend him. Since Shu's jealous of him, I can only imagine him siding with the larger group that want him to step down from leader, unless of course, Ayase convinces him otherwise.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:33   Link #2091
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Who does Tsugumi get? D:
Me. Of course.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:06   Link #2092
Tenchi Hou Take

Guy deserves whatever hopefully terrible things that are coming to him, I mean how is he not a complete an utter douchebag. What he did to Shu was literally indefensible, telling a girl to play with some poor boys feeling who essentially has noone to trust in his unfortunate position in order to manipulate him. Even if he was attempting to save the world from some super evil tyranical rulers, he litterally went about it the most asshole-like way possible. If what he was doing was so noble then tell him about it in order to convince him or at least do something to paint the general idea that he's the good guy in all this. But no he went straight for the method that would break the kid's heart while not even attempting any other option. It's not even like there was anything preventing him from trying other options.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:47   Link #2093
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Guy deserves whatever hopefully terrible things that are coming to him, I mean how is he not a complete an utter douchebag. What he did to Shu was literally indefensible, telling a girl to play with some poor boys feeling who essentially has noone to trust in his unfortunate position in order to manipulate him. Even if he was attempting to save the world from some super evil tyranical rulers, he litterally went about it the most asshole-like way possible. If what he was doing was so noble then tell him about it in order to convince him or at least do something to paint the general idea that he's the good guy in all this. But no he went straight for the method that would break the kid's heart while not even attempting any other option. It's not even like there was anything preventing him from trying other options.
He already tried to convince Shu to join in episode 2 by showing him the kind of atrocities GHQ was capable of and by proving to him that his power could be used to save a lot of innocent people. That's your other option, and it didn't work. What else was he supposed to do after that? He can not afford to have Shu's powers be wasted. He needed him to join as soon as possible (remember he is ill, he can't afford to waste time). Appealing to his sense of justice didn't work, so he tried to appeal to his hormones next, and lo and behold - this method worked wonderfully. I think that says a lot about Shu as well.

Gai's definitely not the nicest guy in town, but he's not a monster either. He's simply got a "the end justifies the means" mindset. If by breaking a teenager's heart (what a tragedy!), he can saves hundreds of people, he'll do it. Lots of anti-heroes have done a lot worse than that.
Old 2011-11-13, 12:56   Link #2094
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He already tried to convince Shu to join in episode 2 by showing him the kind of atrocities GHQ was capable of and by proving to him that his power could be used to save a lot of innocent people. That's your other option, and it didn't work. What else was he supposed to do after that? He can not afford to have Shu's powers be wasted. He needed him to join as soon as possible (remember he is ill, he can't afford to waste time). Appealing to his sense of justice didn't work, so he tried to appeal to his hormones next, and lo and behold - this method worked wonderfully. I think that says a lot about Shu as well.

Gai's definitely not the nicest guy in town, but he's not a monster either. He's simply got a "the end justifies the means" mindset. If by breaking a teenager's heart (what a tragedy!), he can saves hundreds of people, he'll do it. Lots of anti-heroes have done a lot worse than that.
He didn't tell Shu anything, showing some attrocites doesn't mean much when you release a mass murderer and don't explain it at all. At this point in time He couldn't be bothered explaining crap to Shu and went almost entirely on screwing him over. Also this was his initial plan the girl started saying that crap from the begining.

And I'm sorry using some girl to manipulate the kid and break the dudes heart does make you a heartless monster, it's one of the most awful things you could do outside of screwing over, friends and family members. This isn't a tough but needed or an extremely difficult situation that required a tough response. This was vindictive and psychopathic.
Old 2011-11-13, 12:57   Link #2095
Fiemma
Fiamma

Lost Xmas isnt before 10 years
Old 2011-11-13, 13:12   Link #2096
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
nothing's here

Last edited by Iby; 2011-11-14 at 04:04.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:13   Link #2097
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Gai is not a good leader. He didn't even tell Shu why they were fighting for in the second episode. In the end, Shu doesn't trust him at all. And it's not what he learned in the last episode that will change something about that.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:16   Link #2098
hoarfrost

My thing isn't about how unethical it is, but how laughably inefficient and unreliable it is. 90% of people after discovering this would not continue fighting for you, why would it even cross your mind as a viable strategy?

Also, given how Gai must be intuitive enough to know that GHQ played god cop with this kid and offered him a plausible (if not totally honest) "get out f jail free" card. If I'm Gai, I'm trying to be nice to this hormonal and unpredictable kid so that it doesn't cause unforeseen consequences down the road.

Gai's Machiavellianism is pretty shoddy and ill thought out.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 13:18   Link #2099
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Gai is not a good leader. He didn't even tell Shu why they were fighting for in the second episode. In the end, Shu doesn't trust him at all. And it's not what he learned in the last episode that will change something about that.
Not to mention everything he's done so far would in the end make Shu more likely to betray him, and unless said betrayal was part of the plan (which seems a bit silly considering how much they "need" him) he has some pretty terrible foresight, which is the mark of a bad leader. Either writers wave this crap anyway with some friendship/love crap to keep Shu from betraying them, or Shu replaces Guy as the leader.

Either way he's gonna need to get his ass saved from this mess up.
Old 2011-11-13, 13:24   Link #2100
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
My thing isn't about how unethical it is, but how laughably inefficient and unreliable it is. 90% of people after discovering this would not continue fighting for you, why would it even cross your mind as a viable strategy?

Also, given how Gai must be intuitive enough to know that GHQ played god cop with this kid and offered him a plausible (if not totally honest) "get out f jail free" card. If I'm Gai, I'm trying to be nice to this hormonal and unpredictable kid so that it doesn't cause unforeseen consequences down the road.

Gai's Machiavellianism is pretty shoddy and ill thought out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Not to mention everything he's done so far would in the end make Shu more likely to betray him, and unless said betrayal was part of the plan (which seems a bit silly considering how much they "need" him) he has some pretty terrible foresight, which is the mark of a bad leader. Either writers wave this crap anyway with some friendship/love crap to keep Shu from betraying them, or Shu replaces Guy as the leader.

Either way he's gonna need to get his ass saved from this mess up.
It seems he didn't include that in one of his 19657897 scenarios.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig