AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-20, 23:33   Link #1621
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Heights/Weights of characters in DxD. The LN also decided to use the same height as the anime, hence Rias being taller than Ise is official (despite having illustrations and sentences in the LN where it is described that Ise is taller).

Rias   Height: 172cm, Weight: 58kg, BWH: 99-58-90
Akeno Height: 168cm, Weight: 54kg, BWH: 102-60-89
Asia  Height: 155cm, Weight: 44kg, BWH: 78-55-81
Koneko  Height: 138cm, Weight: 31kg, BWH: 67-57-73
Xenovia  Height: 166cm, Weight: 56kg, BWH: 87-58-88
Rossweisse Height: 173cm, Weight:??, BWH: 96-61-89
Irina  Height: 164cm, Weight:??, BWH: 87-59-89
Ise Height: 170cm, Weight: 62kg,
Kiba  Height: 172cm, Weight: 61kg,
Gasper Height: 150cm, Weight: 40kg

Man, Gasper is 15 and he's that short? Its weird that the guys are below average height(Average Japanese height for men is 171cm), but most of the girls are taller than average(Average Japanese height for women is 159cm). Well, the girls arent Japanese so they would be taller than average Japanese girls. But the guys.....damn, they need to grow few inches more.
Well, that's a pretty weird move, but ... there is probably nothing we can do about it.

Thanks for the info n0m@n, and this means that, from the looks of it, we will have another dose of confusion, once the illustrations, for the next volume of the LN are going to be released.
Old 2013-03-21, 04:11   Link #1622
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Heights/Weights of characters in DxD. The LN also decided to use the same height as the anime, hence Rias being taller than Ise is official (despite having illustrations and sentences in the LN where it is described that Ise is taller).

Man, Gasper is 15 and he's that short? Its weird that the guys are below average height(Average Japanese height for men is 171cm), but most of the girls are taller than average(Average Japanese height for women is 159cm). Well, the girls arent Japanese so they would be taller than average Japanese girls. But the guys.....damn, they need to grow few inches more.
Ise and kiba need to get taller. And lol Xenovia and Irina has the same size!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-21, 05:04   Link #1623
NeutralZero

What about Ravel?
It would be nice to have an acurate measure especially for her...
Old 2013-03-21, 05:38   Link #1624
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Ise and kiba need to get taller. And lol Xenovia and Irina has the same size!!:heh:
Yeah, what's up with that! XD
Another interesting thing is that, Irina and Rossweisse weights' are unknown.
The Author really need to think before he says and or post this kind of information, it not only conflicts with his own writting, but the illustrator's illustrations.
Old 2013-03-21, 06:16   Link #1625
n0m@n
C-Z

Actually, Miyama is the one who comes up with the characters heights and weights.
Miyama needs to listen to the description of the characters before drawing. So far he made several mistakes.

-Ravel's breast size(It also affected the anime lol. Thats why she was so flat in the anime)

-Rias wearing white dress in volume 2 (In the story it was written that she was wearing a red dress. Not white.)

-Vali's eye colour in volume 4.

-Ise's height compared to Rias(Storywise he was taller than her in LN. Miyama also made him taller illustration wise, but he made him shorter when he was asked about the height...)
Old 2013-03-21, 08:14   Link #1626
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Actually, Miyama is the one who comes up with the characters heights and weights.
Miyama needs to listen to the description of the characters before drawing. So far he made several mistakes.

-Ravel's breast size(It also affected the anime lol. Thats why she was so flat in the anime)

-Rias wearing white dress in volume 2 (In the story it was written that she was wearing a red dress. Not white.)

-Vali's eye colour in volume 4.

-Ise's height compared to Rias(Storywise he was taller than her in LN. Miyama also made him taller illustration wise, but he made him shorter when he was asked about the height...)
The others sound like straight up mistakes (now I want to see the red dress) but maybe Ise's height was at or before volume 1? Because he seems to hit a growth spurt after the whole "traing from hell" thing with Tanin.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:32   Link #1627
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The others sound like straight up mistakes (now I want to see the red dress) but maybe Ise's height was at or before volume 1? Because he seems to hit a growth spurt after the whole "traing from hell" thing with Tanin.
Agreed, I think probably from volume 1 through volume 4.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:41   Link #1628
Ultragunner

even his body is quite buffed up now, isn't it?
Old 2013-03-21, 11:09   Link #1629
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
probaly just has muscles and more sturdy, he might still be the same with clothes on
Old 2013-03-21, 11:13   Link #1630
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
probaly just has muscles and more sturdy, he might still be the same with clothes on
Only possible in anime, cartoons and manga -- "Buff but only when shirt is off!"
Old 2013-03-21, 13:19   Link #1631
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Well yeah even in vol 6 Kiryu notice that his chest is bigger (buffed up) and if you look at Volume 7 Illustrations where we notice ISSEI body with and without shirt.
Old 2013-03-21, 14:39   Link #1632
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
heights/weights of characters in dxd. The ln also decided to use the same height as the anime, hence rias being taller than ise is official (despite having illustrations and sentences in the ln where it is described that ise is taller).

rias   height: 172cm, weight: 58kg, bwh: 99-58-90
akeno height: 168cm, weight: 54kg, bwh: 102-60-89
asia  height: 155cm, weight: 44kg, bwh: 78-55-81
koneko  height: 138cm, weight: 31kg, bwh: 67-57-73
xenovia  height: 166cm, weight: 56kg, bwh: 87-58-88
rossweisse height: 173cm, weight:??, bwh: 96-61-89
irina  height: 164cm, weight:??, bwh: 87-59-89
ise height: 170cm, weight: 62kg,
kiba  height: 172cm, weight: 61kg,
gasper height: 150cm, weight: 40kg

man, gasper is 15 and he's that short? Its weird that the guys are below average height(average japanese height for men is 171cm), but most of the girls are taller than average(average japanese height for women is 159cm). Well, the girls arent japanese so they would be taller than average japanese girls. But the guys.....damn, they need to grow few inches more.
thats a lie. We all know kiba is secretly a girl. Why miyama. Why you no list stats for female kiba whyyyy.
Old 2013-03-21, 15:08   Link #1633
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
Well yeah even in vol 6 Kiryu notice that his chest is bigger (buffed up) and if you look at Volume 7 Illustrations where we notice ISSEI body with and without shirt.
Yup there is quite a noticeable difference between Issie pre and post Tannin training. Even now in the later chapters Issie is significantly taller and more muscular than he was in the beginning of the series. Got no idea why the japanese anime directors (LN author/illustrator) aside have a fetish with short main characters. It's very annoying, hope they remedy that in season 2.

edit; I wonder is Koneko will have a growth spurt in the coming chapters. Personally I always assumed that she stayed short because she was suppressing her nature and now with her learning of senjutsu she'd grow a more mature body like her sister.
Old 2013-03-21, 15:12   Link #1634
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Yup there is quite a noticeable difference between issie pre and post Tannin training. Even now in the later chapters Issie is significantly taller and more muscular than he was from the beginning of the series. Got no idea why the japanese anime directors (LN author/illustrator) aside have a fetish with short main characters. It very annoying I hope they remedy that in season 2.
I think it trying to make Ise appealing to the audience there in Japan. I am not poking fan at Asian people, but in general, Asians are short in height.
Old 2013-03-21, 15:22   Link #1635
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
What about Ravel?
It would be nice to have an acurate measure especially for her...
From comparing her height in the illustrations I got her being roughly 4'11 to 5'1 and her measurements are identical to Xenovia albeit reduced to compensate for the height difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think it trying to make Ise appealing to the audience there in Japan. I am not poking fan at Asian people, but in general, Asians are short in height.
Yea I fit right in, I'm 5'7, when I lived over there. Personally when I first read the novels I thought Issie was like 5'8 and Rias was 5'5 but when I first saw the anime i was like, ".... damn you japan!!".
Old 2013-03-21, 18:03   Link #1636
n0m@n
C-Z

Im going to make a bet again! There's going to be a new form for Ise called "Super Saiyajin Sekiryuutei GOD" after he loses against the God of Destruction BirisuShiva in his Super Saiyajin 3Crimson Cardinal Queen.

Putting the joke aside, seeing Ise keep on using True-Queen in every volume is making that form look overused. I wonder how his dragonification is going to come into play for his powerups. I really want to see Ise being able to defeat a Middle-class or Low-tier High-class Devil without his Sacred Gear one day.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:58   Link #1637
JAGI_X

Quote:
Im going to make a bet again! There's going to be a new form for Ise called "Super Saiyajin Sekiryuutei GOD" after he loses against the God of Destruction BirisuShiva in his Super Saiyajin 3Crimson Cardinal Queen.

Putting the joke aside, seeing Ise keep on using True-Queen in every volume is making that form look overused. I wonder how his dragonification is going to come into play for his powerups. I really want to see Ise being able to defeat a Middle-class or Low-tier High-class Devil without his Sacred Gear one day.
Same here n0m@n I want to see that too.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:59   Link #1638
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, that's a pretty weird move, but ... there is probably nothing we can do about it.

Thanks for the info n0m@n, and this means that, from the looks of it, we will have another dose of confusion, once the illustrations, for the next volume of the LN are going to be released.
I prefer to think the same with Ravel. Perhap at the time she was first introduced she really was flat but picked up a massive growth spurt afterwards to lead to what she is like now. Perhaps it was her interaction with the chichiryuutei that caused the growth spurt. I like to think of it like that and make it a logical progression than think of mistakes.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:22   Link #1639
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:

Wow I thought somebofvthe girls might be bigger than what they were like irina I thought was bigger than Ross but I guess Ross is stacked like pancakes lol
Old 2013-03-21, 23:43   Link #1640
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:

But then the queen hasnt even stabilised yet....so the continuous usage will bring grater stability and power??? LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen