AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-14, 10:31   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was relatively fun. It seems like the reason we never saw any dragon in Bleach was because they killed them all over there.

I suppose Witches also have to deal with Hollows, they just weren't brought up because Kubo wanted to surprise us with the ending.

I actually wasn't aware of the circumstances behind Bleach's ending. If Kubo was sick, then why wasn't the series put on hiatus instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
But there was one thing that bothered me. What happened to the pervert Black Dragon? Did they take care of it off-screen?
It was apparently sealed back into Sushi-chan, since she's alive and talking.
Old 2018-07-14, 10:43   Link #22
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually wasn't aware of the circumstances behind Bleach's ending. If Kubo was sick, then why wasn't the series put on hiatus instead?
I guess not everyone can be like Togashi.

It is shame that the final arc of Bleach got rushed like mad. Really hope that we will be getting anime version to fix that...

Quote:
It was apparently sealed back into Sushi-chan, since she's alive and talking.
yeah, I saw that. So it is safe to assume that it got taken down off-screen then. Thought the site that I am reading from had missing pages.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 11:06   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I guess not everyone can be like Togashi.
I figured I'd get this reply
It's been done for other Jump series though, like D. Gray-man or World Trigger.

And yeah, Noel took care of the dragon off-screen.
Old 2018-07-14, 12:23   Link #24
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not like they kill all dragons, though. They protect and use the normal dragons and kill the dark dragons. It seems like the people who die in the west become dragons while those who die in the east become spirits. But that raises the question: why is it like that?
Old 2018-07-14, 13:53   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's not like they kill all dragons, though. They protect and use the normal dragons and kill the dark dragons. It seems like the people who die in the west become dragons while those who die in the east become spirits. But that raises the question: why is it like that?
That's what they do in London. But Ninnie mentioned that in Japan, they kill all Dragons. Dragons and Hollows seem like different beings, I don't think they implied Dragons used to be human.

We'll probably never find out unless this gets serialized.
Old 2018-07-14, 14:22   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's what they do in London. But Ninnie mentioned that in Japan, they kill all Dragons. Dragons and Hollows seem like different beings, I don't think they implied Dragons used to be human.

We'll probably never find out unless this gets serialized.
She might simply be conflating Dragons and Hollows. From what we know, they're totally different beings. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Hollows were a unique Japanese phenomenon. It'd fit with the lore.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 16:37   Link #27
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For a second I was confused why there was so much exposition in a one-shot. Then when we reached the ending, I could see why. Maybe this one-shot will its own series similar to the ways Watsuki and Hoshino made Kenshin and D.Gray-man respectively.

However, I can see some of Kubo's recycled designs with minor changes to avoid similarities. Well, he created a lot of them.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 17:27   Link #28
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: They did say a human bitten by a dark dragon is classified as a dragon. And Endscape also a makes a good point: Ninnie could just be confusing or conflating dragons and Hollows. Although since the western equivalent of a Hollow is a dark dragon, I guess it's better to say she's conflating dark dragons and Hollows.

And I think the dragons seen in the Japan would be eastern dragons since the dragons in London are western dragons. But we haven't seen any eastern dragons except Hyorinmaru in Bleach. So yeah, it would seem the eastern side doesn't have dragons (Hyourinmaru is a Zanpakutou, so I don't think it counts).
Old 2018-07-15, 00:21   Link #29
Tenzen12

Wait! Why the hell is Sushi-Chan OK? Wasn't she dark dragon and exterminated?
Old 2018-07-15, 10:18   Link #30
alex_drian

Kubo, seriously?

Spoiler:
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 12:36   Link #31
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Shouting out his own series, is it THAT bad of a thing to do? I mean it's turned the Eden's Zero into a Mashima fan not a fan shitshow and now it's gonna happen here? I personally liked it. If it's made into a main series, I wouldn't mind it either.
Old 2018-07-15, 13:21   Link #32
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's possible Kubo will make a serialized series based on this one-shot, and if he does, I want more info. Like how it ties in to the Bleach main series and whether or not people who die in the west go to the east branch of Soul Society as souls.

For anyone who may be interested, I'll leave links here for post-manga stuff on Bleach (the links are to a Bleach subreddit).

First, this: https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comm...ga_masterpost/; it's a four-part post that lists all of the post-manga stuff including links to translations or summaries of the novels, as well as info provided by the novels or info that's at least implied (so be sure to read the four-part master post carefully, though it's long). WKDALY and CFYOW are canon since the information revealed in them and the illustrations are all provided by Kubo himself. CFYOW II is on hiatus right now, and Part 8 isn't fully translated although we do have a full summary. The other 7 parts are compiled into 3 parts on the website of the same translator who translated the first Volume of CFYOW. She translated as she got the parts/chapters through the Bleach app, and the chapters for the second Volume are small which is why it's three parts on her website. You can find a summary of the info from Part 8 from the Bleach app on Reddit.

Links for CFYOW Volume 1 translations are there in the first part of the master post. For the second one, you can find them on the translator's website.

@Tenzen: I think Sushi-chan is dead. What we see is probably its soul (I'm not 100% sure about it being the soul, but it has to be something like this).
Old 2018-07-15, 14:33   Link #33
Tenzen12

Original Sushi-chan is certainly dead. Probably for while even, but you are saying that affer defeating the Dark dragon soul it ate(?) returned and what we saw is not actual body, but some form off incorporeal ghost?

That's tortal bullshi... That actualy make sense, doesn't it?

Edit: Wait! That's wrong! Original Sushi-chan was dog that couldn't speak and couldn't care less about panties! The Dark Dragon did care about it because it feed on mc (who is totally not Ichigo (discount one or any other)) "negative emotions". So it would have to be soul of destroyed Dark dragon that for some reason took form of dog? In that case where is soul of best friend Dark dragon?
Old 2018-07-15, 15:02   Link #34
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The Shush-chan now is a dragon. It got Belgo's perversion which is why it wants to see Noel's panties (). But I'm not totally sure what happened to the original Sushi-chan; maybe she died and/or got possessed by a Dark Dragon?
Old 2018-07-15, 15:07   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Dragons possess corpses, so it's been dead a while.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 19:33   Link #36
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if the soul is already in Soul Society, east branch. Though if the eastern Soul Society is based on lies and is a fake world (this is from CFYOW), you have to wonder if all souls would really go to Soul Society. And it also means they went somewhere else originally and Soul Society was created later. Or maybe the east branch as we know it was.
Old 2018-07-15, 23:58   Link #37
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Kubo, seriously?

Spoiler:
LOL...Just noticed the word "BLEACH" hidden inside the "Burn The Witch" word. Very sly, Kubo.
Old 2018-07-16, 11:01   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
LOL...Just noticed the word "BLEACH" hidden inside the "Burn The Witch" word. Very sly, Kubo.
I bet you noticed the panties first.
Old 2018-07-16, 11:34   Link #39
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I bet you noticed the panties first.
Actually, I didn't notice the panties either.
Old 2018-07-16, 12:04   Link #40
tuckersister

Hopefully Quincies will be referenced.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote